Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,915 members, 7,802,980 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:23 AM

Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 (57216 Views)

National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 / Report Here On National Assembly Elections: 2nd April, 2011 / President Jonathan Predicts Stable Electricity By April 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Xfactoria: 5:23pm On Apr 16, 2011
In S/lere, lagos, here is result for 3 polling unit in Adebola Pry Sch off Adeniran Ogunsanya Str:
PDP: 124, CPC: 28, CAN: 26

PDP: 77, CPC: 36, CAN: 31

PDP: 74, CPC: 19; CAN: 26

GEJ is sweeping Lagos in a landslide.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by sparkle10(m): 5:23pm On Apr 16, 2011
Great guys, keep the results coming!
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by ifyalways(f): 5:24pm On Apr 16, 2011
Tribalism and religious sentiments are the BIGGEST problems facing us.

May the best man win,by hook or crook!

Iseeee
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by efisher(m): 5:24pm On Apr 16, 2011
Lagos is GEJ stronghold. Every Lagosian is passionate about GEJ. Ipsos was right afterall.

Buhari will extra-maximize his strongholds in the North and GEJ will counter that with SE+SS votes and normalize with NC votes. SW will provide GEJ's margin. This is great.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by edicolove: 5:24pm On Apr 16, 2011
Quoted from Buhari Facebook fanpage: In my pollin center at Lagos Agege local gov ward c . CPC 192 PDP 62 ACN 45. I doubt it though

a big scam and propaganda. CPC beat ACN in Lagos? funny joke. Even the ACN supporters in the ward I voted admitted this was not their election. they just kept saying we should come back next week and see
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by agabaI23(m): 5:25pm On Apr 16, 2011
beloveeed:

@ NAsarawa State polytechnic Lafia polling unit

ANPP 5

PDP 378

CPC 87
Ribadu is supposed to be from Nasarawa?
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by themano: 5:25pm On Apr 16, 2011
With the results i am seeing from all over the North, Buhari will SURELY win the popular total votes. He is leading MASSIVELY in ALL the nothern states including Plateau! not sure of Benue yet.Not sure if he will get the required 25% in 24 votes.  Even though GEJ is sweeping the south, the figures are not encouraging. Poor turn out of registered voters. Buhari is even winning in Ibadan and won some wards in Lagos. I can smell run off between the 2.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Chapi: 5:27pm On Apr 16, 2011
My area Obanikoro, lagos. 1. GEJ155, ACN 53, CPC 27, others 1.   2. GEJ 99, ACN 47, CPC 15, others 1.   3. GEJ 129, ACN 68,  CPC 26, others 1. We voted GEJ not PDP.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Remii(m): 5:27pm On Apr 16, 2011
edicolove:

a big scam and propaganda. CPC beat ACN in Lagos? funny joke. Even the ACN supporters in the ward I voted admitted this was not their election. they just kept saying we should come back next week and see

It is possible, some part of Agege, Ketu, Obanlede are predominately Hausa
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by johnie: 5:27pm On Apr 16, 2011
There is a large population of northerners in some parts of Agege. If the result is from one of such places, the result should not be surprising.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by mansmith(m): 5:28pm On Apr 16, 2011
Ribadu is from Adamawa State
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Sagamite(m): 5:29pm On Apr 16, 2011
JaaizTech:

I agree with you, but sincerely speaking I think southerners are more guilty. North voted for Obasanjo, North voted for Abiola. Don't want to debate it anyways, but I think both North and South needs to rethink, we won't get anywhere with this kind of attituide

The reality is that, the Northerners tend to vote for whoever their Emirs and local financial benefactor instructs them to vote for.

If a southerner can influence the Emirs and local financial benefactor, he will have a good shot in the North.

Southerners refuse to vote for Northerners mainly because they produce people with incompetent backgrounds for people to vote for and Southerners have seen and not forgotten how some few Northern leaders have been major levers in ruining the country.

If the North can bring forth the likes of Sanusi, Shamsudeen and Ribadu and give him good support, the person would have a chance in the south. But what they give us is the likes of Tofa, Atiku, Shekarau, IBB etc.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by agabaI23(m): 5:29pm On Apr 16, 2011
man smith:

Ribadu is from Adamawa State
Cheers
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by JaaizTech: 5:30pm On Apr 16, 2011
themano:

With the results i am seeing from all over the North, Buhari will SURELY win the popular total votes. He is leading MASSIVELY in ALL the nothern states including Plateau! not sure of Benue yet.Not sure if he will get the required 25% in 24 votes.  Even though GEJ is sweeping the south, the figures are not encouraging. Poor turn out of registered voters. Buhari is even winning in Ibadan and won some wards in Lagos. I can smell run off between the 2.
This thing is still very fussy, what states will make up the 24 states (2/3 of 36 states). If Buhari wins plateau, Benue then GEJ is finished,; but kai Buhari can never win Plateau, those people hate hausa like mad
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by johnie: 5:30pm On Apr 16, 2011
Watch out for results from some parts of Idi araba and Apapa as well. CPC likely to get substatial votes there as well.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Princek12(m): 5:31pm On Apr 16, 2011
Sagamite:

The Buhari days are not that bad and it was with the best intentions. Nigeria is full of mooorons and a heavy hand is normally needed. The main reason you see me on NL bashing people hard, as that is the only approach that can work with Nigerians and produce quick results.

Furthermore, apart from the gentlemanliness and GRACE Buhari has demonstrated in the last 2 elections Poverty Development Party have rigged, you have to realise Buhari will be operating under democratic powers this time.

Ribadu did not perform any selective justice.

And it is really tosh to say OBJ stole $16bn because:

1) I read somewhere that an analysis done revealed $3bn was the amount not accounted for. So the whole $16bn was typicla Nigerian hearsay that turned into "fact".

2) If OBJ stole $16bn, he would not have the same regards he maintains in the West.

3) OBJ, unlike the typical criminals like IBB, has not for a second hid from the media. He has granted interviews several times to defend himself robustly.

In my view, what ever the amount of money looted for the power project was not looted by OBJ. He most likely was incompetent, careless in the management, but I don't believe he looted it. So I don't think there is anything like "OBJ's $16bn".

Ribadu went after CRIMINALS. That is what matters to me, not their moan that they are being prosecuted based on selective justice.

It is like armed robbers saying why is the police only focussing on their patch.

I do agree with you that no one really knows the exact amount that was unaccounted for, whether it was $3B or $16B. My main point is that Ribadu refused to address the question, which signals that he may still be loyal to OBJ. Even if $3B was the amount unaccounted for, it is by no means chump change. By any standards $3B is a lot of money.

And I have a different view from most people. I believe that Nigeria's main problem is not corruption but lack of common sense and the presence of dumb leaders (fools) in power. Look at the oil-producing countries in the Middle East, for instance, which arguably boasts more corrupt leaders than Nigeria. But there, most of those oil-producing Middle Eastern countries have world class infrastructure, including power, roads, etc. Nigeria, on the other hand, still has infrastructure that rivals counties like Haiti in some respects, despite being a major oil-producing nation. We don't have basic good roads, electricity, etc. These things are basic for God's sake. We do not have these things not because of corruption, but because we have fools in power. You can still have a corrupt country but at least have world-class infrastructure, just like the Middle East.

I have also visited Venezuela, another country ruled by a corrupt Hugo-Chavez. That country has sophisticated road networks and steady power supply.

Buhari is still talking about reforming PHCN, which is the same thing we did in 1983. This is 2011, when many countries are realizing the importance  of privatization and a strong private sector. But no, this Buhari is still reliving the past. He cannot move us forward.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by efisher(m): 5:32pm On Apr 16, 2011
Credit to Nigerians for believing in Nigeria.

Credit to Jega for an improved election.

Credit to GEJ for providing an enabling environment. He has scored 90% in security today. Thank God for his mercies (Prayers work).

Credit to BB, Ribadu and every opposition for competing.

One last one:

Credit to OBJ for reviving the telecom sector. This whole process has been greatly aided by an efficient communication system. Everything works together. Next on the line is power.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by baksonlee: 5:32pm On Apr 16, 2011
ward 11 Unit 11, ibadan South-East LGA,
ACN: 40,
ADC:2,
APS;1,
CPC:31,
NCP:1,
MMDP:1,
PDP:64,
SMDP:2,
UNDP:2
9 voided votes

Azare (Bauchi State)
CPC-543,
PDP-05,
ANPP-2,
ACN-0,
INVALID

PU-36/13/08/002, Sabon gida Tsafe, Zamfara state,
CPC-612,
PDP- 51

Delta state PU/10/22/08/011 ogaga street Effurun warri Delta State
PDP 275
CPC 55
AC 3
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by aybim: 5:33pm On Apr 16, 2011
you dont need to stree yourselve, GEJ is the winner, e gba kamu
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by bashr4: 5:34pm On Apr 16, 2011
Ward 5 PU:10/22/10/005 Ekpan, uwvie Delta state PDP. 396 CPC. 0 ACN 0
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by mrjingles(m): 5:34pm On Apr 16, 2011
134. (1) A candidate for an election to the office of President shall be  
   deemed to have be been duly elected, where, there being only two candidates  
   for the election -  
         (a) he has the majority of votes cast at the election; and  
         (b) he has not less than one-quarter of the votes cast at the election  
         in each of at least two-thirds of all the States in the Federation and  
         the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.
     (2) A candidate for an election to the office of President shall be deemed  
     to have been duly elected where, there being more than two candidates for  
     the election-  
         (a) he has the highest number of votes cast at the election;  
         and  
         (b) he has not less than one-quarter of the votes cast at the election  
         each of at least two-thirds of all the States in the Federation and            the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.

Understand  the constitutional provisions.[s] Candidate must FIRST win MAJORITY  in at LEAST 2/3 of states with a MINIMUM of 25% of votes cast in EACH  state he wins. It means if candidate A wins a state but he does not receive  at LEAST 25% of votes he will NOT have won that state as far as the election is concerned. It means if there are many candidates in a state and one of them wins but all his votes amount to say 15% of ALL votes cast then he has not won that state.[/s] Lets understand to avoid confusion when results are declared. BTW above is S134 of the CONSTITUTION
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by aletheia(m): 5:34pm On Apr 16, 2011
themano:

With the results i am seeing from all over the North,
^Show us the results. And scratch Plateau state from that list. and I guess you forgot Nasarawa state is in the "north" as well:

beloveeed:

@ NAsarawa State polytechnic Lafia polling unit

ANPP 5

PDP 378

CPC 87
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by themano: 5:35pm On Apr 16, 2011
http://m.facebook.com/pages/Buhari4change-Official-Fan-Page/116280281775259?v=wall&story_fbid=142778302458790&cmntid=142780955791858&refid=9&refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nairaland.com%2Fnigeria%2Ftopic-647931.224.html&m_sess=sozBGsHq-cm03M-EM&_rdr

This is not looking good for GEJ. Spanking in the North!
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by bashr4: 5:36pm On Apr 16, 2011
rademore estate airport road abuja, pdp 195, cpc 55, acn 3
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Odunnu: 5:37pm On Apr 16, 2011
Salvation Army- Enugu North
03/014

PDP = 409
CPC = 2
PDC = 1
Methodist, Enugu North 03/016
PDP = 878
CPC = 7
ANPP =3
FRESH =1
PDC =5
INVALID =13
Carter,Ogui- Enugu North - 03/011
PDP = 1018
CPC = 1
PDC = 4
invalid = 6
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by macjive01: 5:37pm On Apr 16, 2011
Wait for rig lord state- IMO state n see the miracle of PDP!

If it's anything less than 93 for GEJ, take it he lost.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by efisher(m): 5:39pm On Apr 16, 2011
themano:

http://m.facebook.com/pages/Buhari4change-Official-Fan-Page/116280281775259?v=wall&story_fbid=142778302458790&cmntid=142780955791858&refid=9&refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nairaland.com%2Fnigeria%2Ftopic-647931.224.html&m_sess=sozBGsHq-cm03M-EM&_rdr

This is not looking good for GEJ. Spanking in the North!

Relax. Even if Buhari gets NW 99% and NE 75% GEJ still has the margin.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Sagamite(m): 5:39pm On Apr 16, 2011
Princek12:

I do agree with you that no one really knows the exact amount that was unaccounted for, whether it was $3B or $16B. My main point is that Ribadu refused to address the question, which signals that he may still be loyal to OBJ. Even if $3B was the amount unaccounted for, it is by no means chump change. By any standards $3B is a lot of money.

No doubt $3bn is not beans.

I don't know why Ribadu did not answer the question. But I don't doubt for a second Ribadu is utterly against corruption.

Princek12:

And I have a different view from most people. I believe that Nigeria's main problem is not corruption but lack of common sense and the presence of dumb leaders (fools) in power. Look at the oil-producing countries in the Middle East, for instance, which arguably boasts more corrupt leaders than Nigeria. But there, most of those oil-producing Middle Eastern countries have world class infrastructure, including power, roads, etc. Nigeria, on the other hand, still has infrastructure that rivals counties like Haiti in some respects, despite being a major oil-producing nation. We don't have basic good roads, electricity, etc. These things are basic for God's sake. We do not have these things not because of corruption, but because we have fools in power. You can still have a corrupt country but at least have world-class infrastructure, just like the Middle East.

I have also visited Venezuela, another country ruled by a corrupt Hugo-Chavez. That country has sophisticated road networks and steady power supply.

Buhari is still talking about reforming PHCN, which is the same thing we did in 1983. This is 2011, when many countries are realizing the importance  of privatization and a strong private sector. But no, this Buhari is still reliving the past. He cannot move us forward.

You make some good points there, but I will caution you should realise that most of these Middle East Countries produce about the same or more oil than us and have only a fraction of our ridiculous population. Hence, part of the reason why we lack the same infrastructure, apart from dumb, heartless leaders and corruption.

Today we are likely to continue the trend. We will vote in another dumb leader called Jonathan that is comfortable with corruption.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by aletheia(m): 5:40pm On Apr 16, 2011
At the end of the day: the results will probably replicate the 2003 pattern with the possible exception of Buhari adding Niger and Kaduna state to the states he won in 2003.

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/415237_2003-nigeria-presidential_gife00d1c2de6cfcef806bc31423234456f[/img]

A loss for GEJ in the NW has always been expected. So no surprises there.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by somze(f): 5:42pm On Apr 16, 2011
Citec Estate Abuja:
ACN 18
Fresh 1
CPC 96
PPP 1
NTP 1
PDP 465
PDC 1
ADC 1
NCP 1
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by efisher(m): 5:43pm On Apr 16, 2011
This is how GEJ is winning:

A United Minority is Stronger than a Divided Majority.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (42) (Reply)

Top Wanted Boko Haram Commander Arrested At Borno LG Chairman’s House / Nigerian Man Who Criticized Goodluck Jonathan Over Exchange Rate (2014 Vs 2023) / More Pics From Buhari's Aso Rock Tour And Jonathan's Official Handover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.