Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,277 members, 7,807,933 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:04 PM

Buhari Answers Reporters In HAUSA After Casting Vote! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Answers Reporters In HAUSA After Casting Vote! (9107 Views)

Bola Ahmed Tinubu Speaking After Casting His Votes On Saturday / Buhari Answers Questions About His Silencing The Press (Interview) / Delta State Gov. Uduaghan His Casting Vote – PHOTOS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Answers Reporters In HAUSA After Casting Vote! by Rossikk(m): 1:19pm On Apr 16, 2011
Scores of reporters who gathered around Gen Buhari immediately after he cast his vote were left stunned as the bespectacled candidate responded to their questions in HAUSA!

Only after he had explained himself and his thoughts on the elections in his Hausa language did he finally address all Nigerians in English, as expected.

This man's ethnic bigotry is getting out of hand!
Re: Buhari Answers Reporters In HAUSA After Casting Vote! by Kobojunkie: 1:27pm On Apr 16, 2011
WOW . . . . responding in one's own language is ethnic bigotry  cry cry cry cry The levels some people descend to for election is astonishing!!!

@Moderators, can we please be rid of all these silly threads now?? There probably needs to be restrictions on thread creation.
Re: Buhari Answers Reporters In HAUSA After Casting Vote! by makzeze: 1:29pm On Apr 16, 2011
@rossikk, and so what that he spoke in hausa, is it not his mother tongue? I am a south-southerner and will vote for BUHARI/BAKARE
Re: Buhari Answers Reporters In HAUSA After Casting Vote! by Rossikk(m): 1:30pm On Apr 16, 2011
Can you imagine the uproar if Goodluck emerged from the voting booth and immediately began a rambling speech in Ijaw or Igbo to onlooking national journalists?
Re: Buhari Answers Reporters In HAUSA After Casting Vote! by biachwest: 1:43pm On Apr 16, 2011
A political figure of his type aiming the highest political position in the wholeeeeeeeeeeeee country should try at least to be more centered than diversifying.
Re: Buhari Answers Reporters In HAUSA After Casting Vote! by Odunnu: 1:46pm On Apr 16, 2011
Dont mind any of ths SHIPISHi sheep. They have to be sheepish not to see any wrong in what you are saying!
Buhari is a core staunch tribalist. I DESPISE HIM
Re: Buhari Answers Reporters In HAUSA After Casting Vote! by nwaafo1: 1:51pm On Apr 16, 2011
Rossikk:

Can you imagine the uproar if Goodluck emerged from the voting booth and immediately began a rambling diatribe in Ijaw or Igbo to onlooking national journalists?

you dont deserve to be on nl at all
Odunnu:

Dont mind any of ths SHIPISHi sheep. They have to be sheepish not to see any wrong in what you are saying!
Buhari is a core staunch tribalist. I DESPISE HIM
odunnu, now i confirm how st.upid you can be, used to respect you
Re: Buhari Answers Reporters In HAUSA After Casting Vote! by switch47(m): 1:52pm On Apr 16, 2011
Today i and all the others i know voted for Goodluck
Re: Buhari Answers Reporters In HAUSA After Casting Vote! by Odunnu: 1:54pm On Apr 16, 2011
@Nwa afo: noted. Now keep your opinion to yourself.
Re: Buhari Answers Reporters In HAUSA After Casting Vote! by Dede1(m): 1:57pm On Apr 16, 2011
The timing and the place of alleged response in Hausa language by Buhari to news reporters are wrong. It is strictly ethnic baiting as nairaland would say. Buhari has been campaigning around the country and responding to news reporter's question in a disjointed English language but Hausa language. Why now and at the polling station?
Re: Buhari Answers Reporters In HAUSA After Casting Vote! by Vigilante: 1:58pm On Apr 16, 2011
He spoke in Hausa, then in English. So what's the problem?
Re: Buhari Answers Reporters In HAUSA After Casting Vote! by nwaafo1: 2:00pm On Apr 16, 2011
Odunnu:

@Nwa afo: noted. Now keep your opinion to yourself.
why
Re: Buhari Answers Reporters In HAUSA After Casting Vote! by Nobody: 2:03pm On Apr 16, 2011
He eventually addressed them in English language,abi ki le tun fe?
Re: Buhari Answers Reporters In HAUSA After Casting Vote! by EzeUche(m): 2:03pm On Apr 16, 2011
He should of spoke in English. Just imaging the uproar if Goodluck Jonathan decided to speak in Igbo or Ijaw. People would be getting very upset, stating that he only cares about the East.
Re: Buhari Answers Reporters In HAUSA After Casting Vote! by ifyalways(f): 2:12pm On Apr 16, 2011
Nlders can be quite funny.

First off,he communicated effectively with his live audience which a greater part of them might not understand English.

He went a step further to translate in English.

With which language did the journalist interview him?

Y'all need to turn it down a notch.
Re: Buhari Answers Reporters In HAUSA After Casting Vote! by Dede1(m): 2:13pm On Apr 16, 2011
EzeUche:

He should of spoke in English. Just imaging the uproar if Goodluck Jonathan decided to speak in Igbo or Ijaw. People would be getting very upset, stating that he only cares about the East.

This is typical Nigeria. The state is a funny contraption.
Re: Buhari Answers Reporters In HAUSA After Casting Vote! by Pataki: 2:15pm On Apr 16, 2011
EzeUche:

He should of spoke in English. [/b]Just [b]imaging the uproar if Goodluck Jonathan decided to speak in Igbo or Ijaw. People would be getting very upset, stating that he only cares about the East.

Is Buhari now Goodluck?

He has his rights to speak in Hausa. He has his right to speak in English.

Last I checked, Hausa is still a Nigerian language. So please -ish!
Re: Buhari Answers Reporters In HAUSA After Casting Vote! by texazzpete(m): 2:16pm On Apr 16, 2011
Illiteracy is a disease o! He spoke in Hausa, then in English. What then is the problem?

Rossikk:

Scores of reporters gathered around Gen Buhari immediately after he cast his vote were stunned as the bespectacled candidate responded to their questions in HAUSA!

Only after he had explained himself and his thoughts on the elections in his Hausa language did he finally address all Nigerians in English, as expected.

I Pity you. Shebi after this shameless sell out in this election you will open your usual daft conspiracy threads exhorting Africans to 'shake free from their shackles'?
Re: Buhari Answers Reporters In HAUSA After Casting Vote! by ifyalways(f): 2:17pm On Apr 16, 2011
Ezeuche pls,don't be ridiculous,If goodluck had voted at Ogbia,wud he have addressed the crowd in English or Izon?

Btwn,since when did GEJ stat speaking Igbo?

Unu na akpakwa m amu!
Re: Buhari Answers Reporters In HAUSA After Casting Vote! by Pataki: 2:19pm On Apr 16, 2011
Rossikk:

Scores of reporters gathered around Gen Buhari immediately after he cast his vote were stunned as the bespectacled candidate responded to their questions in HAUSA!

You are disgraceful and disgusting.

In what language was he asked his questions? The same way you pack of dolts went ahead put lies on his head that he directed people to lynch. . .

I really wonder, why idiots abound in excess in Nigeria.
Re: Buhari Answers Reporters In HAUSA After Casting Vote! by Kobojunkie: 2:20pm On Apr 16, 2011
texazzpete:

I Pity you. [size=13pt]Shebi after this shameless sell out in this election you will open your usual daft conspiracy threads exhorting Africans to 'shake free from their shackles'?[/size]

ROFLMAO!!

Re: Buhari Answers Reporters In HAUSA After Casting Vote! by Lagosboy: 2:21pm On Apr 16, 2011
I have come to the conclusion that the the change we require has to be from bottom to top. If some Nigerians still reason this way , is there a future for us?
Re: Buhari Answers Reporters In HAUSA After Casting Vote! by KnowAll(m): 2:26pm On Apr 16, 2011
I hope this election would put an end to those military misadventurist who mistakenly manoeuvred  their tanks into civilian territory thinking they have a God given right to rule this country. When it is clear the little stint they had at the helms of affair although illegal by all ramifications and by every civil convention was one stint too many and would be the last time any Nigerian electorate would reward a coupist with the highest office in the land.

[b]They can salivate,  have a wishful and a death wish at grabbing power at all cost,  we the electorate we would not bulge at such antics,  and if they take arms against us we shall give them the Gbagbo treatment beating them to submission.

Northern Nigeria of today have so many bright minds that have gone to the best schools both at home and abroad we welcome these candidates with utmost optimism to climb the rostrum and present themselves for office. They would surely get our attention b4 any coupist, they the coupist can go and live with their stolen laurels for now and those who did not help themselves to the treasury,  well what can I say, they have lost out all together. Neither would I loose a sleep over their predicament nor their woes, at least they are still a 1000 times better than the poorest Nigerians, so no sympathy for them. Some of them despite their anti-corruption stance still manages to stay in one of the most expensive hotel rooms in the world on a regular basis without a care in the world an allusion and dream many Nigerians would only hope they would enjoy in the after life or in heaven

So adiues Messers Buhari[/b].
Re: Buhari Answers Reporters In HAUSA After Casting Vote! by Rossikk(m): 2:29pm On Apr 16, 2011
texazzpete said:

I Pity you. Shebi after this shameless sell out in this election you will open your usual daft conspiracy threads exhorting Africans to 'shake free from their shackles'?

How will a Texas goat like you understand where I'm coming from?

Is ethnicism not one of those shackles?

We all know Buhari's ethnically-coloured ideas of what Nigeria should be about. He is from among those who think they are ''born to rule''.

WE SAY NO!
Re: Buhari Answers Reporters In HAUSA After Casting Vote! by Odunnu: 2:30pm On Apr 16, 2011
He was spoken to in English and he replied in awusa in a long boring talk,then another interviewer responded in awusa. Its wrong o! The guy was almost going to make awusa language official.
ThankGod for Goodluck!
Re: Buhari Answers Reporters In HAUSA After Casting Vote! by slap1(m): 2:34pm On Apr 16, 2011
For the sake of unity which he ought to symbolize, he should have used English. It's not our concern that his brothers may not understand.
Re: Buhari Answers Reporters In HAUSA After Casting Vote! by Rossikk(m): 2:35pm On Apr 16, 2011
Thank you Odunnu. Nobody asked him any question in Hausa. He took it upon himself to respond to national journalists in Hausa first, then in English.

Basically he's saying ''I'm Hausa first. Nigerian second''.

That's not the sort of message an intending federal president wants to put out.

Then again, he's announced this would be his last contest, so maybe he's past caring.
Re: Buhari Answers Reporters In HAUSA After Casting Vote! by Concept(m): 2:35pm On Apr 16, 2011
I beg you think deep before you post please!! Did you ever view the circumstances that made him speak in Hausa? Even if there would be an argument, let it be constructive and have the flavour of lasting longer. Thank you. I am in love with BB they can bring that change.
Re: Buhari Answers Reporters In HAUSA After Casting Vote! by Pukkah: 2:36pm On Apr 16, 2011
'Awusa' or 'Hausa'? Please try to write the names of other tribes correctly.
Re: Buhari Answers Reporters In HAUSA After Casting Vote! by Kobojunkie: 2:48pm On Apr 16, 2011
Again . . . .

texazzpete:

I Pity you. [size=13pt]Shebi after this shameless sell out in this election you will open your usual daft conspiracy threads exhorting Africans to 'shake free from their shackles'?[/size]

ROFLMAO!!
Re: Buhari Answers Reporters In HAUSA After Casting Vote! by Rossikk(m): 2:53pm On Apr 16, 2011
biatchwest said

A political figure of his type aiming the highest political position in the wholeeeeeeeeeeeee country should try at least to be more centered than diversifying.

Thank you jare. The voice of common sense in a sea of ignorance!!
Re: Buhari Answers Reporters In HAUSA After Casting Vote! by Rossikk(m): 3:00pm On Apr 16, 2011
President Jonathan Casting His Vote Today.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5690521-146/jonathan_votes_in_bayelsa__.csp

He later spoke to reporters in English following the completion of his civic duty.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – / Reasons Why Tinubu's Teeth Is Yellow And Its Possible Cure (see Picture) / SERAP Sues Buhari Over Failure To Publish Details Of ₦800 Billion Recovered Loot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.