Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,715 members, 7,802,162 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:11 AM

True Humility Is Submitting To The Lordship Of The Word- Pastor Chris - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / True Humility Is Submitting To The Lordship Of The Word- Pastor Chris (2614 Views)

Heralding The Lordship Of The Word, Demonstrating The Influence Of The Spirit / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Be Led By The Spirit Through The Word - Pastor Chris. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

True Humility Is Submitting To The Lordship Of The Word- Pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 5:22pm On Apr 16, 2011
Philippians 2:8-9
And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name ().

Humility is a quality of the recreated human spirit that attracts divine favour and promotion. It’s an inner ability – a – vital force – which enables you to respond with absolute submissiveness to the Lordship of Jesus Christ through the Word of God. It’s often expressed in action by the willingness to take on the responsibility of service to others, in loyalty to the Word.

The Lord Jesus lived a practical example of what true humility is. Firstly, He demonstrated His total submission to the will of God as it is written in Hebrews 10:7: “Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.” Secondly, in pursuance of this resolve, the Bible tells us in Philippians 2:6-9, that though He was equal with God, He didn’t count His equality with God anything to latch on to. Rather, He made Himself of no reputation and took upon Him the form of a servant and became obedient unto death. Thus, for this reason God exalted Him and gave Him a name which is above every name.

As believers in Christ, the Scriptures enjoin us to humble ourselves under the mighty hand of God that we might be exalted in due time (1 Peter 5:6). We’re to have the mind of Christ and emulate His humility. True humility for us is to be submissive to the Lordship of the Word of God. So you’ve got to know the Word and let the Word guide your thoughts, your words, and all you do. That’s the way to be submissive to Jesus, for He is the Living Word. And just as Jesus was exalted for doing the Father’s will, you too will be promoted from glory to glory.

Prayer
Dear Father, I thank you for blessing me with your Word and for the glorious life you’ve given me in Christ! I’m glad to have Jesus as Lord of my life; to be controlled and ruled by His Word! Thus, I’m moving upward and forward and prospering in everything I do, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
1 Peter 5:5-6
Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble. Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:

James 4:10
Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.
Re: True Humility Is Submitting To The Lordship Of The Word- Pastor Chris by missobeza(f): 5:25pm On Apr 16, 2011
Amen.
Re: True Humility Is Submitting To The Lordship Of The Word- Pastor Chris by EarsWide(m): 6:10pm On Apr 16, 2011
@Mr Jo

Is it humble to do jerry curls ? You guys are all mugus.

Your man of fraud says something and does something else - and you all still follow him blindly. Mugus!!
Re: True Humility Is Submitting To The Lordship Of The Word- Pastor Chris by Sweetnecta: 7:57pm On Apr 16, 2011
@joagbaje; Who is the Lord of the 'Word' that your thread 'title' says it is true Humility to submit' to; Jesus or his Lord Who created Jesus?

the Bible says, as per NT that jesus is the 'word'. Who is his Lord, the One he prayed to bowing his face in submission?

do you christians submit in full humility to that Entity or you co mingle Him with others, including His 'word'?

dont answer this out of pure instinct. i want you to reflect on it greatly first.
Re: True Humility Is Submitting To The Lordship Of The Word- Pastor Chris by Azibalua(f): 6:18am On Apr 18, 2011
It’s often expressed in action by the willingness to take on the responsibility of service to others, in loyalty to the Word

Service to others in loyalty to the word may not be what you want at that time,it may not even be convenient for you, the ability to kill the flesh and do what the word says is a sign of maturity
In essence mature Christians are humble.

(1) (Reply)

The Unseen Battles In The Second Heaven / Controversy Trails Alleged Assault Of Church Member By Prophet GAIUS. Benin City / Sermon Jotters: Who Has The Final Say? {must Read}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.