Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,353 members, 7,808,235 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:12 AM

Help "wireless Network Setup" - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help "wireless Network Setup" (1641 Views)

MS Windows Server 2003 And 2008 Configuration, Wired And Wireless Network/pabx / My Next Door Has A Wireless Network But Protected With A Wep Key / Wireless Network (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help "wireless Network Setup" by vbs: 8:44pm On Apr 16, 2011
Please i want to setup a wireless network in my environment that can cover up to 5KM and i need information on the following.
1.   The Wireless router that can cover 5KM
2.   Cost of the equipment "Wireless router that can cover 5KM"
3.  Cost of Pole of about 100 feet

Please drop your contact information especially phone number for contact purpose
Re: Help "wireless Network Setup" by clicktech(m): 9:17pm On Apr 16, 2011
Let's chat 07043618474 any time frm 2pm everyday
Re: Help "wireless Network Setup" by salihuali1(m): 2:33pm On Apr 17, 2011
I'd recommend PowerStation from Ubiquiti as having the best balance between cost and performance.
http://www.ubnt.com/powerstation and
But do you require in-house coverage or for customer's to have CPE's mounted outdoors from a central cell-site or do you want to link to offices 5km apart ?
You can get it from DataComm Express -
http://www.datacommexpress.com/khxc/index.php?app=ccp0&ns=catshow&ref=Ubiquiti&sid=wbk88wvxzjr73d91ho3808h35f562je0
and http://www.datacommexpress.com/khxc/index.php?app=ccp0&ns=prodshow&ref=NS2
Don't work for them, the prices are on the site.
You really don't want a pole of a 100 feet believe me !
Try getting roof top access at the centre of your 5km radius cell site, preferably a 3 or 4 floor building, take a corner that suites you and put in a 20ft pole, that should do.
Cheers.
Re: Help "wireless Network Setup" by salihuali1(m): 2:41pm On Apr 17, 2011
If you require 360° degree coverage you'd need 6 of those Nanostation2 radios !
Here's why, each of them covers 60° so 60° x 6 = 360°.
What I'd advise is that you start providing coverage for where your most likely to start having customers first, just start with say 2 or 3 radios first and build as you grow.
Re: Help "wireless Network Setup" by DEBOLABI: 7:47pm On Apr 17, 2011
@salihu_ali

i've been trying to work on this as well, but what i'm getting is below 1km, which have not been making me happy, and the usage of mast is not really allow in my area.

i dont know what advise you can give me or render. i really want to get 5km and above
Re: Help "wireless Network Setup" by routik(m): 11:48pm On Apr 17, 2011
you might want to see this: http://www.wirelessforums.org/wireless-networking-discussion/5km-possible-4824.html

i can help you manage the wireless hotspot with mikrotik solutions, well secured with bandwidth management and traffic shaping.
Re: Help "wireless Network Setup" by DEBOLABI: 8:17pm On Apr 18, 2011
@salihu_ali

gone through it all, and i really appreciate this.

1. going 5km, how much will it cost me?

2. can i use our Local ISP like starcomms, multilinks or VSAT?

3. does it require mass?

urgent respond will be appreciated.
Re: Help "wireless Network Setup" by routik(m): 11:36am On Apr 19, 2011
2.  can i use our Local ISP like starcomms, multilinks or VSAT?

For now, i recommend Vsat and i can help you with a good network (U.S).

Thanks.
Re: Help "wireless Network Setup" by salihuali1(m): 4:28pm On Apr 19, 2011
I'm not in the habit of starting fights or spoiling business for people, but I don't think you require a VSAT, the costs are prohibitive.
Going forward - You'd have to do a feasibility survey to find out which of the Wireless ISP's performs best in your area.
How much bandwidth do you intend to provide ?
But You haven't told us if its a Point-to-Point link to simply connect two offices that are 5km apart or to provide internet access to customer's within a 5km radius from a central location/mast ?
Give us some specifics on this so we can advice.
Cheers.
Re: Help "wireless Network Setup" by routik(m): 5:54pm On Apr 19, 2011
I don't think you require a VSAT, the costs are prohibitive.

i recommended vsat because of consistency and reliability.

Wireless ISP's performs best in your area

If you don't want to have much timeouts and slow browsing issues, then i still maintain my choice of advice.

@salihu_ali

don't worry about whether you're spoiling my business or not. we are just giving out our opinions.

cheesy
Re: Help "wireless Network Setup" by DEBOLABI: 5:57pm On Apr 21, 2011
to provide internet access to customer's within a 5km radius from a central location/mast ?

2. can i use our Local ISP like starcomms, multilinks ?

3. does it require mass?

4. how much will it cost?

urgent respond will be appreciated.
Re: Help "wireless Network Setup" by DEBOLABI: 11:07am On May 01, 2011
@salihu_ali
expecting your reply?
Re: Help "wireless Network Setup" by OCTAVO: 12:43pm On Feb 26, 2015
How far have you gone?

(1) (Reply)

Hp Pavillion M6 - 70k!!! / Oracle, JAVA & Webdesign Training In Abuja / How To Expand SD Card With SDATA Tool

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.