Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,791 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:21 AM

The Mystery Of The Number 666 Revealed To Mankind - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Mystery Of The Number 666 Revealed To Mankind (3545 Views)

Christian Cross-Country Runner Refuses To Race Wearing Bib Number 666 / Is Obama Preparing The Way For 666? / The Beast And Its Mark 666 Revealed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Mystery Of The Number 666 Revealed To Mankind by Nobody: 11:48am On Jul 09, 2007
There are numerous mathematical explanations and adventurous theories, the main objective of which is to try to explain the meaning of the ancient and biblical number 666. All of them have something in common: in these explanations, people stay passively near like beholders without need to do something, Many people found even more comfortable the following solution: they believe that the number 666 is devilish itself and they stay away from it with superstitions. But in the Book of Revelation in the Bible it is written that it is the number of man. Therefore, if we want to understand this prophecy, we must accept the fact that the number 666 is directly related to human beings, as well as the fact that if it is written in the Bible, it must be something of great importance.

Since the Book of Revelation is all about the Final Judgment - Dei Judgment, the number 666 must surely have something common with valuation of human being and his/her spiritual quality, which will be most important in the Dei Judgment.

To understand this prophecy, we will need to focus on the fact - which has been nearly totally forgotten - that the Book of Revelation does not speak about the number 666, but about the numbers 600, 60, and 6! Now it is possible to calculate the number of man, as it is written in the prophecy, and the whole thing gives us a sense.

Here is the wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of man; and his number is six hundred threescore and six.

Take the number 666, which in good or bad conditions either denominates the ideal or the devilish human being! Divide love in human beings into 666 parts and give 600 parts of it to your God, 60 to your neighbor, and 6 parts leave for yourself! However, if you give only 6 parts to your God, 60 to your neighbor and 600 for yourself, you are surely a devilish human being!

Love is a measure of true quality of man. If we want to understand how love is distributed in human beings, first we must clearly know what is self-loving, what is if we love our neighbors, and what means if we love our God. If we love someone, we offer him our time, our resources; we deal with him/her or with it in our thoughts, words, and actions. By this we can easily see how we distribute our love. If we do things that bring benefit only to us, it is self-love. Loving our neighbors is something that gives happiness to somebody near us. Our love in direction of God is surely not measurable with quantities of hours we spent in church, thus we can hardly fill up the number 600, but it is measurable with time we use to develop our soul; it is measurable with our work focused on elimination of unpleasant attributes of our character.

When our soul gets clearer and brighter - only then can we get nearer to God, and only in the moments when our love gives fruits of actions. Now it is the time to speak about love to God. Those who, before doing anything, take into account if every action they are going to do is in harmony with the Divine Laws – they surely have no problem to fill up the number of 600 parts for their God, especially if all what they do is done with love. The number 600 is ideal; it is the goal that human beings progressively achieve; it is not an unconditional circumstance. It is of great importance if man is trying to fill up these 600 parts on his/her loving path to God – to the Creator, or on a self-loving path.

culled from http://www.poznanie.sk/knowledge/religion/666.php
Re: The Mystery Of The Number 666 Revealed To Mankind by pilgrim1(f): 11:58am On Jul 09, 2007
@enitan2002,

enitan2002:

Take the number 666, which in good or bad conditions either denominates the ideal or the devilish human being! Divide love in human beings into 666 parts and give 600 parts of it to your God, 60 to your neighbor, and 6 parts leave for yourself! However, if you give only 6 parts to your God, 60 to your neighbor and 600 for yourself, you are surely a devilish human being!

This is not a revelation of a mystery - it is simply a human idea.

The Bible does not ask anyone to divide love that way; and the Biblical teaching on loving one's neighbour is clearly spelt out:

Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. -- Matt. 22:39.

It therefore would mean that if at all it is possible to love my neighbour by 60 parts, I should be able to love myself in the same 60 parts as well. There is no such thing in the Bible; and the verse you quoted from Revelation does not supposrt the idea of the article you reposted.

1 Like

Re: The Mystery Of The Number 666 Revealed To Mankind by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jul 09, 2007
@ pilgrim,
you can never love equally, it has to more or less than the other.
If you simply love your neighbour more than yourself and your neighbour is doing likewise, then is it not balanced?
Re: The Mystery Of The Number 666 Revealed To Mankind by pilgrim1(f): 12:09pm On Jul 09, 2007
@enitan2002,

Well, in the first instance we don't measure love in 60 parts and 6.

Secondly, to love our neighbours as ourselves is quite possible - and that is what is stated in the Bible (example referenced above).

Third, there is no "balance" between 60 parts and 6 as regards love. If that is even allowable for arguement sake, then how could I love my neighbour "as" I love myself if the figures are supposed to be different?

1 Like

Re: The Mystery Of The Number 666 Revealed To Mankind by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jul 09, 2007
@ pilgrim.1
i just only have one word for you, "Re-examine all you have been told.Dismiss what insults your soul."
Re: The Mystery Of The Number 666 Revealed To Mankind by pilgrim1(f): 12:26pm On Jul 09, 2007
@enitan2002,

There are no insults here! cheesy The point is clear enough: whoever wrote that article as a revelation of the mystery of 666 and quoting the book of Revelation for that idea has simply twisted it.

I don't have any problem with people spinning numbers here and there and measuring their love in 60 and 6 parts. The one thing I ask such people is that they don't thereby pretend that idea as a "revealing" of the "mystery" of 666 in the book of Revelation.

Cheers. smiley

1 Like

Re: The Mystery Of The Number 666 Revealed To Mankind by lafile(m): 4:44pm On Jul 09, 2007
Thanks Jare Pilgrim.1
I wonder the correlation between the Love division (abi na portion) and the revelation text quoted.
Re: The Mystery Of The Number 666 Revealed To Mankind by doyenn(m): 10:01pm On Jul 09, 2007
enitan2002
pilgrim
davidylan

the 3 of you are alike,birds of the same feather,u're 2 good in making judgement and this judgement of urs does not usually have a good ground to stand on.All you use to support urself is some verses in the edited bible.

I suspect u're not a human being,maybe some devilish umincarnation.right infront of ur computer,u assume somethin and u say it out without researching into it. na wa 4u.

What the guy quoted might be wrong but I want you to know that there is power in numbers. Dont forget that,some numbers were dailed on ur phone b4 you talk to other people in other part of the world. if you know the magc behind those things,you'll definitely call the inventor some bad names.
Re: The Mystery Of The Number 666 Revealed To Mankind by pilgrim1(f): 10:20pm On Jul 09, 2007
@doyenn,

doyenn:

enitan2002
pilgrim
davidylan

the 3 of you are alike,birds of the same feather,u're 2 good in making judgement and this judgement of urs does not usually have a good ground to stand on.

Usually, I don't engage people in rhetorics or magniloquences; and I trust you can carefully go through the posts on this thread and see what they're all about.

Meanwhile, I don't know if you deliberately wanted to take out some issues with davidylan by mentioning him here - he hasn't even posted a thing here at all! shocked

doyenn:

All you use to support yourself is some verses in the edited bible.

That's usually the cry of losers, doyenn. . . and I don't expect you to stoop so low. In fairness, the fact stands to date that the present Qur'an is the political redaction of the third Caliph Uthman after he ordered that all the extant copies of the Qur'an different from his own should be burnt!

doyenn:

I suspect u're not a human being,maybe some devilish umincarnation.right infront of your computer,u assume somethin and u say it out without researching into it. na wa 4u.

Well, if you were a bit older, then maybe I would have taken that seriously. But I'll let it pass for now because contumelies from kids like you only make me laugh. grin

doyenn:

What the guy quoted might be wrong but I want you to know that there is power in numbers.

I never said there was no power in numbers; and for crying out loud, there was no power in that warped article pretending to "reveal" the mystery of the 666 in the Book of Revelation.

doyenn:

Dont forget that,some numbers were dailed on your phone before you talk to other people in other part of the world.

False prophet! I didn't make any calls this morning! grin Besides, if I had wanted to, that number would not be 666!

doyenn:

if you know the magc behind those things,you'll definitely call the inventor some bad names.

Sorry, I don't deal with magic. Now if that's what you deal with, not a bother at all - your magic seems not to have worked for you at all. smiley

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: A Phoney? / Why Did God Make Homosexuals? / Megachurch Preacher Paula White Marries Rocker Jonathan Cain In Third Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.