Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,802 members, 7,802,562 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:25 PM

Lady Loses Job Opportunity Due To Her Response To HR's Phonecall - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Lady Loses Job Opportunity Due To Her Response To HR's Phonecall (62194 Views)

Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp / Lady Loses Employment Opportunity Over Semi-nude DP On Social Media / Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lady Loses Job Opportunity Due To Her Response To HR's Phonecall by Wisemfon(m): 5:46pm On Apr 01, 2021
A lady I referred for a bank job in the first week of June got a call this morning to resume work at an Uyo branch of the said commercial bank. She was fortunate to be among the few applicants that were shortlisted from among a large pool of graduates who got interviewed for the jobs.
No, but she won't be resuming!

She finally lost the opportunity because of a phone call.
She had received the call in the early hours of today, 10:00am precise. It was from the HR department of the bank.

But she didn't say "hello".

Her first remark when she picked was "who's this?"

Before she got any other reply she added "how did you get my number?"

The HR person goes "Am I speaking to Miss xxxxxxx?"

She felt the question is unnecessary! And she gave her final response.

"Please if you don't want to introduce yourself get out of my phone" that was her final word!

I got a feedback from the HR by 12noon today and I listened to that conversation. Those kinds of phone calls are always recorded for reference purposes.

Aunty lost the job because she lacks Phone Conversations Etiquette! I listened to the recorded version of that conversation.

She lost the job because she believes every unknown male caller is a "chyker".

You see? After all it's not always because HR people are "despicable" as they have been labeled by Nigerians!

Why would a Homosapien answer a phone call like this in the year 2020AD?

Watch out! Your next phone call might be your breakthrough! But your ill-manners could cost you the miracle

720 Likes 56 Shares

Re: Lady Loses Job Opportunity Due To Her Response To HR's Phonecall by ONNYX: 6:09pm On Apr 01, 2021
The phone is still a very new and underestimated tool as far as the African man is concerned.

Sometimes I just despair and the only option available is to switch off the phone. Random phone calls are what they are; random.
Oblige the caller some civility until his/her true caller emerges....and even then try not to be rude as it is never over until it is over.

Wisemfon:
A lady I referred for a bank job in the first week of June got a call this morning to resume work at an Uyo branch of the said commercial bank. She was fortunate to be among the few applicants that were shortlisted from among a large pool of graduates who got interviewed for the jobs.

She had received the call in the early hours of today, 10:00am precise. It was from the HR department of the bank.

"Please if you don't want to introduce yourself get out of my phone" that was her final word!

I got a feedback from the HR by 12noon today and I listened to that conversation. Those kinds of phone calls are always recorded for reference purposes.
Aunty lost the job because she lacks Phone Conversations Etiquette! I listened to the recorded version of that conversation.

You see? After all it's not always because HR people are "despicable" as they have been labeled by Nigerians!

Watch out! Your next phone call might be your breakthrough! But your ill-manners could cost you the miracle

#copied A lady I referred for a bank job in the first week of June got a call this morning to resume work at an Uyo branch of the said commercial bank. She was fortunate to be among the few applicants that were shortlisted from among a large pool of graduates who got interviewed for the jobs.

#copied

#copied

17 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job Opportunity Due To Her Response To HR's Phonecall by Wisemfon(m): 6:13pm On Apr 01, 2021
ONNYX:

The phone is still a very new and underestimated tool as far as the African man is concerned.

Sometimes I just despair and the only option available is to switch off the phone. Random phone calls are what they are; random.
Oblige the caller some civility until his/her true caller emerges....and even then try not to be rude as it is never over until it is over.
that is it

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Loses Job Opportunity Due To Her Response To HR's Phonecall by Wisemfon(m): 6:16pm On Apr 01, 2021
I wish this to go to the front page

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Loses Job Opportunity Due To Her Response To HR's Phonecall by Churchill6767: 6:22pm On Apr 01, 2021
Very Good..Some people are just so uncultured.

198 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lady Loses Job Opportunity Due To Her Response To HR's Phonecall by JaneYave(f): 6:30pm On Apr 01, 2021
Phone etiquette is very needful. If only she listened more and answered the questions, the problem with us is that we voice out too many unreasonable things.

203 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Lady Loses Job Opportunity Due To Her Response To HR's Phonecall by ONNYX: 6:35pm On Apr 01, 2021
JaneYave:
Phone etiquette is very needful. If only she listened more and answered the questions, the problem with us is that we voice out too many unreasonable things.

You hit the nail on the head. We are going through a talking epidemic now where our egos are more prone to talking than listening.
If you have the opportunity of listening into an interview session you will simply be bewildered. You need tons of patience to deal with the present generation. To think that some of them are so arrogant in their very apparent emptiness.

295 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Lady Loses Job Opportunity Due To Her Response To HR's Phonecall by Alejoas(m): 7:02pm On Apr 01, 2021
grin cry angry cry angry grin cheesy

Treat people with courtesy whether above or below you. It will do you a lot of good and save you a face, many need to be more diplomatic and carry themselves with humility and clearness of thoughts. Reliable external battery for computer available for sale. Our external battery for laptop is ready to increase your productivity, guaranteed to power you for between ten to twenty four hours.Nobody remains young and attractive forever so.....?

57 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job Opportunity Due To Her Response To HR's Phonecall by soundOsonic: 8:08pm On Apr 01, 2021
The HR for make am sweet by texting "aunty you don lose your employment be that, you no wan say hello ba, at least help me tell your village people hello no vex"

201 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Lady Loses Job Opportunity Due To Her Response To HR's Phonecall by Juliearth(f): 8:39pm On Apr 01, 2021
Some Nigerians need to adopt the culture of being cultured while talking to strangers on phone. There are courteous ways of getting a wind of the person talking from the other end and assuming the call is an unwelcomed one, there are a thousand ways of ending the calls without hurting a fly. For instance instead of saying who's this, use "May I know who this is?"

142 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lady Loses Job Opportunity Due To Her Response To HR's Phonecall by Primrose9ja: 8:42pm On Apr 01, 2021
She lacks the most basic etiquette.
We've been spared the stress of interacting with one rude banker.

453 Likes 31 Shares

Re: Lady Loses Job Opportunity Due To Her Response To HR's Phonecall by Wisemfon(m): 8:43pm On Apr 01, 2021
soundOsonic:
The HR for make am sweet by texting "aunty you don lose your employment be that, you know one say hello ba, at least help me tell your village people hello no vex"

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses Job Opportunity Due To Her Response To HR's Phonecall by Wisemfon(m): 8:51pm On Apr 01, 2021
Juliearth:
Some Nigerians need to adopt the culture of being cultured while talking to strangers on phone. There ayre courteous ways of getting a wind of the person talking from the other end and assuming the call is an unwelcomed one, there are a thousand ways of ending the calls without hurting a fly. For instance instead of saying who's thise "May I know who this is?"
you are right …

5 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job Opportunity Due To Her Response To HR's Phonecall by Ishilove: 10:38pm On Apr 01, 2021
JaneYave:
That's the problem with the world. We talk too much. This present generation cannot tolerate the sound of silence

61 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Lady Loses Job Opportunity Due To Her Response To HR's Phonecall by Vyzz: 12:20am On Apr 02, 2021
grin
Re: Lady Loses Job Opportunity Due To Her Response To HR's Phonecall by firstworld: 2:46am On Apr 02, 2021
The HR person is at fault I am in HR and because of these kinds of reactions, I usually start my calls by introducing myself first so the other person knows who is calling and is at ease. He could have simply said "I am John D calling from bank. That wouldnt hurt. That said, the lady should have been cautious as a job seeker that was just interviewed and expecting phone calls. Lets call a spade a spade please.
Wisemfon:

116 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Lady Loses Job Opportunity Due To Her Response To HR's Phonecall by Richy4(m): 5:09am On Apr 02, 2021
firstworld:
The HR person is at fault I am in HR and because of these kinds of reactions, I usually start my calls by introducing myself first so the other person knows who is calling and is at ease. He could have simply said "I am John D calling from bank. That wouldnt hurt. That said, the lady should have been cautious as a job seeker that was just interviewed and expecting phone calls. Lets call a spade a spade please.

I beg to differ with you sir.... The HR is not at fault.... The fact that you started by introducing yourself does not mean it only work that way... It goes both ways..

If you call me for example and I don't know your number, What will it take me to say Hello richy4 speaking.. it's just like a default setting for me.... Then U will say hi to me by calling my name, then introduce yourself to me.... If due to certain reasons you forget to introduce yourself, thinking I know you and might recognize your voice... I will say may I know who is speaking please.... It's just common etiquette and manners.. she is mannerless.

when u said she should have been cautious as a job seeker, were you indirectly implying that she should pretend to be nice while speaking to You as a HR then later unleash the stuff she was made of while working with customers?...No wonder mannerless people occupy customer service positions if U as someone working with HR couldn't see what the other HR saw.... I'm glad that the experienced HR dictated it early.. there were lot of mannerless people in the bank those days especially in First Bank.. Imagine adding this one to their statistics... though I don't know if they were still like that.. .

346 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Lady Loses Job Opportunity Due To Her Response To HR's Phonecall by ruggedtimi(m): 7:02am On Apr 02, 2021
Even if Na chyker dey call, that's a rude way to answer a call.

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Loses Job Opportunity Due To Her Response To HR's Phonecall by Nicklaus619(m): 7:20am On Apr 02, 2021
Nigeria ladies are so shallow-minded.
That was how I was innocently picking and dropping one lady in my department in the office with my car, the very day I bought my car and start driving it to work, we actually stay one estate apart and I thought it wise since she ain't mobile, let me be helping her, of which my fiance knew and was was cool with, fast forward to after 3 months of constant picking her in the morning and dropping her after work at her gate,

Aunty approached me one day and was like
Nick what do you really want from me because u can't be doing all of this and not wanting something in return?

I was so pissed and disgusted by her foolish comment, angry but i did not answer her though, I just smile at her, dropped her at her gate as usual and drove home, immediately I got home, aunty has called me like 4 miss call, I eventually retuned her call and she started apologizing for speaking out of tone, I told her not to worry that everywhere good, but that was the last I drove her in my car, up till date she still apologizing, but I no longer give a fvck, most Nigeria ladies thinks every guy always want to toast them. well I shocked her, because my girlfriend is 100 times more endowed and beautiful than her, what could I be wanting from her biko cheesy

246 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Lady Loses Job Opportunity Due To Her Response To HR's Phonecall by Lovethaa: 8:52am On Apr 02, 2021
Wow she is beautiful , happy married life

Modified

I need to start reading before commenting

13 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job Opportunity Due To Her Response To HR's Phonecall by Nobody: 9:08am On Apr 02, 2021
Juliearth:
Some Nigerians need to adopt the culture of being cultured while talking to strangers on phone. There are courteous ways of getting a wind of the person talking from the other end and assuming the call is an unwelcomed one, there are a thousand ways of ending the calls without hurting a fly. For instance, instead of saying who's this, use "May I know who this is?"

A lot of women do this, another is when/a lady calls and you can't quite pick who's calling she immediately hang up as soon as you ask " who is this please" especially when she expects you to have her phone number.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Loses Job Opportunity Due To Her Response To HR's Phonecall by Kondomatic(m): 9:20am On Apr 02, 2021
firstworld:
Dude what are you saying? The lady is 100% at fault here.

"Hello"
"Hi"
"Please is this xoxoxox"
"Yes or depends on who is asking or please who is asking"
"I am xoxoxo from xoxoox"

That's how normal people start phone conversation with strangers.

125 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Lady Loses Job Opportunity Due To Her Response To HR's Phonecall by Kyra1(f): 9:21am On Apr 02, 2021
Primrose9ja:
She lacks the most basic etiquette.
We've been spared the stress of interacting with one rude banker.
Seriously.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Loses Job Opportunity Due To Her Response To HR's Phonecall by tolugar: 9:40am On Apr 02, 2021
Pls take NOTE

Still on call etiquette

When making an official call,

The person making the call have to first start with introduction like..

Hello, this is Mr. Mathew calling from Zet bank ,
Am I speaking with Mrs Grace?....

Most HRs get this wrong.

For security reasons, you don’t have to call someone and start asking their names and whereabouts.

Let’s be civilized

95 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lady Loses Job Opportunity Due To Her Response To HR's Phonecall by DaInferno(m): 9:44am On Apr 02, 2021
Wisemfon:

that's one way to look at it though: with the advent of scammers and sim swappers, one can be so careful. As HR, if you call someone ehn,just introduce yourself before any other thing, e go sure pass. cus me self,some strange Foreign numbers just the call me these days from all over the world. I simply block it when they are done breathing on the other side

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Loses Job Opportunity Due To Her Response To HR's Phonecall by Nobody: 11:00am On Apr 02, 2021
Abeg somebody should call me for such job opportunity jare cheesy grin grin. I need a call of favour.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Loses Job Opportunity Due To Her Response To HR's Phonecall by Queenmark: 11:37am On Apr 02, 2021
Well the HR person lacked phone etiquette from my own opinion. If you call someone the first thing to do is introduce yourself before going further into the conversation.

HR personnels in Nigeria lack professional ethics they just feel they are important cause they interview people and you need a job.

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lady Loses Job Opportunity Due To Her Response To HR's Phonecall by Juliearth(f): 12:46pm On Apr 02, 2021
BiggyB242:

A lot of women do this, another is when/a lady calls and you can't quite pick who's calling she immediately hang up as soon as you ask " who is this please" especially when she expects you to have her phone number.

I agree with you!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Lady Loses Job Opportunity Due To Her Response To HR's Phonecall by Nobody: 2:02pm On Apr 02, 2021
This morning I still blocked someone for answering rudely. Shey because you get punna you feel all men are at your mercy. Ogun keeeeee you. Hello this is Mejiloyon. Next thing I heard was yes what do you want? Wetin hqppen. Abi weyrey leleyi ni? I just replied sorry ma and hung up. Nack am solid blocking. Somehow she realised who I was and called back with another number. Once she introduce herself I dey hangup and block. It takes two to tango. Make she carry her winch go another place

132 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Lady Loses Job Opportunity Due To Her Response To HR's Phonecall by Airoflaw(m): 3:34pm On Apr 02, 2021
If you an unknown number call me ..I don't say anything until the person talk...no be me oo na for Nigeria security reasons

9 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job Opportunity Due To Her Response To HR's Phonecall by knightphoenix: 3:50pm On Apr 02, 2021
Wisemfon:

Utterly dumb lady.

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Amcon Interview Next Phase! / How To Write A Letter Of Application For A Job / Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.