Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:40 PM

Kano Is On Fire - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano Is On Fire (13052 Views)

Reason Why Kano Is Continually Bombed - Cramjones / REVEALED: Emir Of Kano Is Allegedly Suicidal And Battling Clinical Depression / Igbo Killing In Kano Is False - Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kano Is On Fire by auwal87(m): 10:50am On Apr 18, 2011
Some hoodlums are trying to start mayhem in Kano. Roads are empty, tires burning everywhere, shops closed.

Updates will come your way, will try and get some pictures too.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by olabukola: 11:24am On Apr 18, 2011
What might be the reason pls.?
Re: Kano Is On Fire by auwal87(m): 11:30am On Apr 18, 2011
Picture of some hoodlums as was sent to me

* Picture deleted as it was claimed to be an old picture, not of today's mayhem
Re: Kano Is On Fire by Odunnu: 11:33am On Apr 18, 2011
MayGod help us!
Re: Kano Is On Fire by auwal87(m): 11:50am On Apr 18, 2011
The Sky is full of smoke, War planes are trying to scare them away, but even our neighbor here is being threatened.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by monkeyleg: 11:59am On Apr 18, 2011
So I hear from a friend who's family is in Kano. We must pray for the innocent people, and Shekerau must be contacted staright away
Re: Kano Is On Fire by MaiSuya(m): 12:02pm On Apr 18, 2011
This is not good at all
Re: Kano Is On Fire by OmoTier1(m): 12:06pm On Apr 18, 2011
May God protect the innocent. This is not the time to fly the stupid iron of the nigerian airforce - THIS INCOMPETENT FG SHOULD GET THE FOOT SOLDIERS IN THERE BEFORE IT GETS OUT OF HAND!
Re: Kano Is On Fire by namfav(m): 12:07pm On Apr 18, 2011
this is what you voted for, why the dismay undecided
Re: Kano Is On Fire by monkeyleg: 12:09pm On Apr 18, 2011
This rubbish must now stop. Nigerians must stand up to this wickedness.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by johnie: 12:10pm On Apr 18, 2011
Guys, that picture is an old one.

Let's be careful not to inflame passions here!
Re: Kano Is On Fire by auwal87(m): 12:11pm On Apr 18, 2011
The Houses of Ghali Na'abba (Former Speaker of the country's house of representatives) and that of Galadiman Kano Tijjani Hashim is said to have being burnt down down by hoodlums. (I have to confirm this report)
Re: Kano Is On Fire by olabukola: 12:12pm On Apr 18, 2011
Mal-nurished people with stick, who are they fighting for and against. Did anybody make a cartoon?
They should go and fetch water for the southners in kano and environ if they have such energy.

auwal87:

The Houses of Ghali Na'abba (Former Speaker of the country's house of representatives) and that of Galadiman Kano Tijjani Hashim is said to have being burnt down down by hoodlums. (I have to confirm this report)
If the quoted is true then its not ethnic or religion related.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by monkeyleg: 12:12pm On Apr 18, 2011
I have a friend who is scared for her family that live in Kano, they are in hiding. This isnt good. We must condenm this wickedness
Re: Kano Is On Fire by Nobody: 12:14pm On Apr 18, 2011
This is most condemnable and perpetrators should be brought to book.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by monkeyleg: 12:16pm On Apr 18, 2011
We need to put pressure on the government to act quick for the sake of the innocent
Re: Kano Is On Fire by PapaBrowne(m): 12:17pm On Apr 18, 2011
Why can't this Buhari of a man come out and say anything!! He started all this and he must stop it!! If these folks can't exist in peace, this country would be better of seperated!! We gain nothing from these folks  so we loose nothing in a seperation!!

1 Like

Re: Kano Is On Fire by auwal87(m): 12:19pm On Apr 18, 2011
Our neighbor has luckily survived, as elders came out to protect them and sent the hoodlums away from the area, I can still hear the children in the house crying.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by johnie: 12:21pm On Apr 18, 2011
auwal87:

Picture of some hoodlums as was sent to me

* Picture deleted as it was claimed to be an old picture, not of today's mayhem

God bless you!
Re: Kano Is On Fire by nwabobo: 12:24pm On Apr 18, 2011
If they like let them burn down the whole of the North. When the dust settles, they should be prepared to use their groundnut money to rebuild what they have destroyed because we down south will not let anybody use our oil money to rebuild what these malus are destroying now.

God pls, let this be d end of Nigeria.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by PapaBrowne(m): 12:26pm On Apr 18, 2011
papabrowne:

Buhari is dangerous for this country!!

He is encouraging lynching against supposed "riggers" but he failed to explain to his illiterate supporters what exactly rigging means!!!

These illiterates are going to lynch anybody caught voting for Jonathan!!

Buhari is on a dangerous mission! And I sympathise with all those clamouring for his ascension!!

When he loses and the almajiris he is inciting start killing non-muslims, they wouldn't spare any Buhari's supporters who don't speak Hausa!!

April polls: Lynch anybody who attempts to rig, Buhari tells Nigerians
[url]https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-615556.0.html
[/url]

Posted on
Re: Kano Is On Fire by itsmayiela(m): 12:26pm On Apr 18, 2011
My girlfriend just called me from Jos to say that tension has begun around Terminus area of the city. There have been gunshots in the area but she could not ascertain where it was coming from (due to the helter skelter movement). Lets pray for 9ja
Re: Kano Is On Fire by awa17(f): 12:28pm On Apr 18, 2011
This is not a rumor. I saw the Galadima's house on fire. I happen to be on the run myself. I can't even reach home coz of the crises! May God deliver us.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by Lagosboy: 12:29pm On Apr 18, 2011
Why are people blaming Buhari for this ? Some irate youths are going on rampage and people are screaming Buhari? Why is there no crises in his home state of Kastina.

The youths should calm down and not turn this int o a tribal thing. If they must fight let them fight their leaders who sold out.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by johnie: 12:29pm On Apr 18, 2011
May God deliver all of us!

We need to close this matter now!

Let's hope Jonathan's opponents and well meaning individuals will urge these hoodlums to exercise restraint quickly!

cry cry cry
Re: Kano Is On Fire by collinsoft(m): 12:30pm On Apr 18, 2011
information reaching me here is that similar case scenario is taking place in kaduna sabon garri axis. the almajiris are busy burning house and barricading the major roads. There is also treat to the southerner and non indigene of the violence they will unless on them should the result of the poll go against their favored candidate in person of buhari. May God saves the souls of my beloved ones residing there.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by Arosa(m): 12:31pm On Apr 18, 2011
right now we want our own country. Niger delta republic.  angry
Re: Kano Is On Fire by auwal87(m): 12:33pm On Apr 18, 2011
I can confirm from reliable source that Emir's palace south entrance (Kofar kudu) too is burnt down.

I can also confirm from reliable source that Galadiman Kano's house, and Ghali Na'abba's house, and Aminu Wali's house were also burnt down.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by scopusng(m): 12:33pm On Apr 18, 2011
nwabobo:

If they like let them burn down the whole of the North. When the dust settles, they should be prepared to use their groundnut money to rebuild what they have destroyed because we down south will not let anybody use our oil money to rebuild what these malus are destroying now.

God pls, let this be d end of Nigeria.

slowpoke, go and hug a transformer. Daft
Re: Kano Is On Fire by agabaI23(m): 12:34pm On Apr 18, 2011
PapaBrowne:

Why can't this Buhari of a man come out and say anything!! He started all this and he must stop it!! If these folks can't exist in peace, this country would be better of seperated!! We gain nothing from these folks  so we loose nothing in a seperation!!

Apparently Buhari wants to win first.
I got this from facebook

Only God can help us in Nigeria: Buhari was asked on AlJazeera "with trouble in North by ur supporters, what message do you have for them? Buhari said "l want INEC to explain the results in some polling stations first"
IS THIS RESPOSE FROM BUHARI GOOD ENOUGH TO STOP VIOLENCE NOW?
Re: Kano Is On Fire by Nobody: 12:35pm On Apr 18, 2011
Elections were not free and fair and people have a right to protest

Elections massively rigged.

It is harder to rig genuine online polls as below:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-585935.0.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Explosion Rocks PPA Secretariat In Abia / Labour Party: Edo Voters Will Resist Antics Of APC, Ize-iyamu At Guber Poll / Ngige: Godfathers Removed Me For Protecting Anambra Treasury

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.