Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,218 members, 7,807,747 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:22 PM

Da Vinci Code Book - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Da Vinci Code Book (6166 Views)

Some Unknown Facts About The Mona Lisa Painting By Leonardo Da Vinci / Discussing Leonardo Da Vinci / The Da Vinci Code. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Da Vinci Code Book by Damest09(f): 1:59am On Apr 29, 2006
I heard Da Vinci Code shook the faith of some Christians and even some backslides, It was confirmed when i heard some people of another faith talking about it and i made up my mind not to read the book. I think it's wrong for Christians to read that evil book.
Re: Da Vinci Code Book by Seun(m): 11:15am On May 11, 2006
Re: Da Vinci Code Book by justkunmi(m): 6:17pm On May 15, 2006
i've read only 2 chapters of the book and i almost cried when my friend had to collect it because he also borrowed it. the book is madly great, with the 2 chapters i read. dan brown's imagination is off the chains. he's good. we should just appreciate the great work of fiction he has taken time to prepare and not critise the contents. he just chose he topic and he created a beautiful story around it. da vinci code is the next best thing after harry potter.
Re: Da Vinci Code Book by ck14real(m): 9:27pm On Jun 02, 2006
Hey nairalanders.
just got to know about the da vinci code.i learnt it said so many horrible stuffs about christianity, well anyone who have read it should pls tell me more about it.
Re: Da Vinci Code Book by eveseh(f): 10:17pm On Jun 02, 2006
i havent read it yet
Re: Da Vinci Code Book by Badman888(m): 10:35pm On Jun 02, 2006
yea it does, they are like about 5 threads on this rite now
Re: Da Vinci Code Book by spikelord(m): 8:55am On Jun 03, 2006
Da Vinci code,

I guess there is Monalisa's thang in that sh!T
Re: Da Vinci Code Book by ck14real(m): 11:51am On Jun 03, 2006
hey guys thank y'all for replying, i hope d guy who wrote this sh!t goes to hell angry,cos its real so so stupid to write evil against god and it really made an impact in most people's life with the word(everything our fathers told us about the bible is a lie)just because of money and even said isaac newton,leonardo da vinci and other great pple where members of a secrete cult, embarassed cry
Re: Da Vinci Code Book by yeo: 11:54am On Jun 03, 2006
yes i have a little idea on what it is all about.well i think it is satans own way of tying to confuse the world.Would have written in summary wat it s about but i can not cos i feel it is a sin sayin it at all.
Re: Da Vinci Code Book by ck14real(m): 12:02pm On Jun 03, 2006
hey yeo thats exactly what i thought,well there is a xtian ministry fighting against it check it out www.rbc.net wink
Re: Da Vinci Code Book by count(m): 10:00am On Jun 08, 2006
If you think da vinci code was blasphemous,go read philip pullman's "dark materials triology"you'll positively quail.It potrayed God as an old man who was an angel,not even the creator.That's just a tip of the iceberg.
Re: Da Vinci Code Book by otolorin(m): 3:00pm On Jun 08, 2006
this thread already exists. check it out here., its beta we all come together to discuss it here: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-6495.32.html
Re: Da Vinci Code Book by otolorin(m): 3:34pm On Jun 08, 2006
i've read this book and it really didnt affect me.

wen i'm less busy, i'll come and talk more abt the book - its a good enlightenin one sha as per how one or two things came into place e.g the olympics logo, n some other.

it didnt shake me one bit as per all d talks on J.Christ n M.Magdalene's relationship
Re: Da Vinci Code Book by ck14real(m): 4:29pm On Jun 08, 2006
guys its time to fight against the devil, (anyone with a strategy/////// )
Re: Da Vinci Code Book by Priscila(f): 12:08pm On Jun 09, 2006
Oto!
That blasphemous code cant affect my faith.
Faith is beyond evidence and even if they prove Jesus married, what matters is he saved my life on the cross. period!
There is no man like him and he is the son of God.
What is annoying is that the catholic church has kept mute about the issue.

These are last days when Satan is fighting the church and only the strong shall survive

Jesus Loves you all( I think only adults should watch the film and determine their stand)
God is good always
cheers
Re: Da Vinci Code Book by otolorin(m): 1:51pm On Jun 09, 2006
av u seen the film priscy?

well, on the contrary, the catholic pple have really fought to stop this ravagin mislead of the book.
not only the catholics sef, evry international christian org that has a good say on the media and internet have beendoin a great job

but like u said, faith is a personal thing, the best these pple can do is publicise the falsehood of this book, but its left to the individual to dtermine wat he/she follows.

i found the book interesting, it didnt even prove any threat to my faith, cos i prayed b4 i started reading it, and God helped me.
Re: Da Vinci Code Book by sweetnini(f): 6:13pm On Jun 13, 2006
i've seen the movie and my sister is reading the book
i dont see anything wrong with it
if the guy said Jesus was married is something wrong with that?
Re: Da Vinci Code Book by ck14real(m): 6:38pm On Jun 13, 2006
hey are you 1 of da dev**s agents
I BIND U IN JESUS NAME angry
Re: Da Vinci Code Book by sweetnini(f): 6:40pm On Jun 13, 2006
oh are u binding me u who is in hell already having dinner with the devil himself
and y are u scared of writing the decils name in full
cos he'll throw u out to the street where he found u
abeg i've always hoped Jesus will hook up with Mary Magdalene
Re: Da Vinci Code Book by sweetnini(f): 7:08pm On Jun 13, 2006
whats wrong with the book or movie?
Re: Da Vinci Code Book by ck14real(m): 8:05pm On Jun 13, 2006
whatever tongue
anyway imma leave hell and go to nigeria,and i aint afraid of calling that mutherfuckers name DEVIL DEVIL DEVIL DEVIL DEVIL DEVIL DEVIL DEVIL DEVIL,COS HE IS TOTALLY bleeped UP,
for yo info u wrote decil grin
Re: Da Vinci Code Book by sweetnini(f): 10:09pm On Jun 13, 2006
well, y did u change ur hell stuff
c'mon i know ur there dont pretend now
Re: Da Vinci Code Book by jayvinnie(m): 11:14am On Jun 14, 2006
I guess there is Monalisa's thang in that sh!T
Re: Da Vinci Code Book by Jalal(m): 10:10pm On Jun 14, 2006
Well i still havent read it or watched the movie, i was fed up wit all d media hype!!
Re: Da Vinci Code Book by ck14real(m): 7:47pm On Jun 15, 2006
sweetnini:

well, y did u change your hell stuff
c'mon i know your there don't pretend now
God chased me out of hell grin grin grin
HE MADE ME FIND JESUS NOW IM FIGHTING AGAINST YO FRIEND(DEVIL)
FIND JESUS TOO HOOOOOOOOOH wink
Re: Da Vinci Code Book by sweetnini(f): 9:13pm On Jun 15, 2006
ok u guys got to read this book
i just read it today
gosh!
Re: Da Vinci Code Book by kangaroo(m): 2:37pm On Jun 19, 2006
After reading Deception Point,Digital Fortress and Da Vinci Code,I fell in love with Dan Brown.I wonder if anyone as seen his books,Meteor and Illuminati in English.I'll like to have it mailed to tolafabamise03@gmail.com.
The guy is brilliant and while you can't compare him to either Ludlum or Sheldon,he undoubtedly has a place amongst the best master writers.
Re: Da Vinci Code Book by Anabib(f): 1:17pm On Jun 24, 2006
Lets be careful so that "FICTIONS" dont become "FACTS" in the near future.

For the Christians that support the da vinci code,
why support something thats blasphemous and claim its fiction.

The Bible contains much facts about Jesus, and it has been proven by the archeologists, Old testaments to new testaments even the Historians have found the accuracy of the write ups in the Bible.

Now here comes the Great Dan Brown tryng to sell to the world a figment of HIS IMAGINATIONS and call it FICTION (Cheap popularity)

Da Vinci's slap on the wrist.
Da Vinci's original commission for his famous Madonna of the Rocks came from an organization known as the Confraternity of the Immaculate Conception, which needed a painting for the centerpiece of an altar triptych in their church of San Francesco Grand in Milan. The nuns gave Leonardo specific dimensions and a desired theme—the Virgin Mary, baby John The Baptist, Uriel, and Baby Jesus sheltering in a cave. Although Da Vinci did as they requested, when he delivered the work, the group reacted with horror. The painting contained several disturbing "un-Christian" anomalies, which seemed to convey a hidden message and alternative meaning. Da Vinci eventually mollified the confraternity by painting them a second version of Madonna of the Rocks, which now hangs in London's National Gallery under the name Virgin of the Rocks. Da Vinci's original hangs at the Louvre in Paris. http://www.danbrown.com/secrets/bizarre_facts/davinci_code.html
angry angry angry HIS IMAGINATIONS must be going hay wire

The scene, from the opening pages of “The Da Vinci Code” is, of course, fiction. But readers are told right from the start that "all descriptions of artwork, architecture, documents, and secret rituals in this novel are accurate." That provocative statement gives an air of credibility to the book's elaborate conspiracy theories and it's caused millions of readers to wonder how much they really know about Jesus and a woman named Mary Magdalene.

In December 1945 near the Egyptian town of Nag Hammadi, a peasant smashed open an earthenware jar and pulled out more than 50 ancient texts hidden since the 4th century. “The Da Vinci Code” refers to them as scrolls, but they are, in fact, leather bound books, part of a collection known as the These text[b]Gnostic Gospels. have never been recognized by the church, [/b]s but some scholars say they contain revealing new insights about Mary http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7491383/#storyContinued
Re: Da Vinci Code Book by otolorin(m): 5:54pm On Jun 25, 2006
in the real sense of it,
Dan Brown's DaVinci Code only helped increase or propagate the gospel on a triplicative speed

although, it spelt much cash for the producers.
Re: Da Vinci Code Book by Shagari2(m): 10:42pm On Jun 27, 2006
I read the book, read angels and demons too, I must admit it did make me ask questions about my faith a bit, but at the end of the day, theres nothing better to hold on to, do I give everything I believe in because of someones fictional story, I don't think so, what does Dan Brown have too offer me.
Christianity to me is about experiences rather than religion and those experiences can't be wiped out because to me they are true, I don't believe also that its wrong to read it, it's good to ask or have questions asked and not just walk in blind so called faith, let your faith be tested with fire, whats left will be worth holding on to. wink
Re: Da Vinci Code Book by otolorin(m): 8:57am On Jun 28, 2006
Shagari2:

I read the book, read angels and demons too, I must admit it did make me ask questions about my faith a bit, but at the end of the day, theres nothing better to hold on to, do I give everything I believe in because of someones fictional story, I don't think so, what does Dan Brown have too offer me.
Christianity to me is about experiences rather than religion and those experiences can't be wiped out because to me they are true, I don't believe also that its wrong to read it, it's good to ask or have questions asked and not just walk in blind so called faith, let your faith be tested with fire, whats left will be worth holding on to. wink
sum word there.

i want to read the angels n demons book too, but i'v not been able to find d book around

if any1 has the e-copy, i will appreciate forwardin it to my box.

author_4@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Da Vinci Code Book by dipotepede(m): 9:52am On Jun 29, 2006
http://www.dipotepede.com/2006/05/27/the-da-vinci-code/

The above link will solve all the questions on the Da Vinci Code.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between Error And Mistake? / Englis - Yoruba Offline Dictionary / John Saul Fans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.