Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,954 members, 7,806,762 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:53 PM

Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order (13094 Views)

Photo: Caption This Bukola Saraki's "Support" Banner Displayed By His Supporters / Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) / Goodluck Asks Buhari Questions He Cant Answer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Fhemmmy: 8:02pm On Apr 18, 2011
mikeansy:

There is nothing wrong with the statement above.

It is measured and calculated.

If Buhari was grown up enough to accept his clear defeat, there wont be all this rancour.

Goodluck Jonathan would have certainly instructed security forces to try to contain the violence, more force may be needed later but for now the statement is in order.

I only hope he made the statement himself on live TV. That is what a C-in-C does.

That would have not been a bad idea
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by shakers(m): 8:02pm On Apr 18, 2011
all this haters of GEJ in the house you can go hug a transformer, we voted for him in what we can call a free and fair contest, so why is it difficult for that idiot buhari to accept defeat and wait for another four years to try again at age 73, thats if he isnt dead by then, this is just a warning from the president and president elect lol, before a state of emergency is declared of those regions,
OR IS THERE ANY OF YOU WHO STILL THINK THE ELECTIONS WAS NOT FREE AND FAIR?
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Fhemmmy: 8:03pm On Apr 18, 2011
Hamid O:

Yes I feel better. People just talk anyhow. Mstchew!
Yes, I feel better. Mstchew

Good for you bro . . . .
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Mobinga: 8:04pm On Apr 18, 2011
Where did he say Buhari? You guys should think abeg!

What should the president do? He should tell the military to go all out? Shoot on sight? Like OBJ did in Odi? You are all incredible lunatics!

He has to ask for calm FIRST you dumb animals! Thats what a normal human would do! Ask first, ensure more force is available in the affected areas. Then if it still escalates you do what you like.

Don't let preconceived opinions control your reasoning.
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by dayokanu(m): 8:06pm On Apr 18, 2011
mikeansy:

There is nothing wrong with the statement above.

It is measured and calculated.

If Buhari was grown up enough to accept his clear defeat, there wont be all this rancour.

Goodluck Jonathan would have certainly instructed security forces to try to contain the violence, more force may be needed later but for now the statement is in order.

I only hope he made the statement himself on live TV. That is what a C-in-C does.

^^ You mean more people need to die before he swings into action?

Buhari did not take the oth to defend Nigerians GEJ did,

Buhari is not the CinC GEJ is.

Its like OBJ telling Asari, Gani Adams, Nwazuruike to call  his boys to order when they are killing people

Dav.e:

Quote from Dayokannu
So because GEJ is the CinC any iidiot can incite/promote violence or lawlessness as long as there is a CinC.
buhari shouldn't be told to call his hoodlums to order?

Reason it this way: your neighbours wayward children come into your house to violate your family members. So what well-meaning people should be asking you would be: is your neighbour responsible for the security of your home?

GEJ has the right of security over every Nigerian and not Buhari, Buhari is not the president GEJ is. That shows someone who cant take responsibility

If GEJ feels Buhari is promoting or inciting violence, why doesnt he deal with Buhari, Going by the kid gloves he handles violence in the past this is not surprising
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by cyriluzo(m): 8:06pm On Apr 18, 2011
The South is as guilty as the North and would probably have done same. The best thing for us is to end this unnecessary concentration of power at the centre cos it is the reason for all this tension. Let the six geo-political zones have a representative in the government to diffuse the tension.
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Basseti: 8:06pm On Apr 18, 2011
Mobinga:

Where did he say Buhari? You guys should think abeg!

What should the president do? H[b][/b]e should tell the military to go all out? Shoot on sight? Like OBJ did in Odi? You are all incredible lunatics!

He has to ask for calm FIRST you dumb animals! Thats what a normal human would do! Ask first, ensure more force is available in the affected areas. Then if it still escalates you do what you like.

Don't let preconceived opinions control your reasoning.  
That would be catastrophic and be only used as a last resort. In that kind of scenario, we might increase the casualty number significantly.

Seeking a more diplomatic and non-violent means to resolution is the way to go now.
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by ifyalways(f): 8:07pm On Apr 18, 2011
First step GEJ,just First step!

You have talked,next is to act.

If no one is going to talk to those almajiri's up there to stay calm bullets wud silence them,deploy troops! !.Guns worked effectively at Odi,twud as well work here.

Whoever feels cheated with the outcome of this result shld do the right thing:take it up in court and NOT turn a blind eye while his supporters go abt doing all sorts of fuCkery.

GEJ this is the time to ACT,just DO IT!!!

@Bassetti,I get ur point quite alright.The hypocrisy of some of us is alarming!

If GEJ has responded and acted on impulse(as they are urging him to now) by sending down troops,blimey they wud be the first to cry wolf here.Now the man is trying to "reason and beg"(lack of better words) diplomatically yet they are calling him a coward.

I never supported GEJ but common,its only a dishonest,wicked and cunny fella that wud let religious&tribal sentiments or support for any cause/person becloud his sense of reasoning in this scenario.
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by playmode(m): 8:08pm On Apr 18, 2011
And the jaga jaga Government begins.I dont know why GEJ is speaking grammar.These rioters will kill innocent people,he should send some soldiers there to suppress the violence instead of constructing vocabulary in  aso rock
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by onyengbu: 8:09pm On Apr 18, 2011
Nigeria police have SWAT oo.

I ve seen them b4 with their power bikes and fancy weapons.
They were riding on one of the federal highways along with their oyibo trainers who were equally dressed in clean mopol uniforms.
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Nobody: 8:09pm On Apr 18, 2011
Basseti:

That would be catastrophic and be only used as a last resort. In that kind of scenario, we might increase the casualty number significantly.

Seeking a more diplomatic and non-violent means to resolution is the way to go now.

see another blunder. . .jonathan should hold diplomatic resolution with rioting almajiris ? Lmkmd
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by dayokanu(m): 8:10pm On Apr 18, 2011
So How many people need to die before GEJ acts like a C-in-C?
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Nobody: 8:12pm On Apr 18, 2011
dayokanu:

So How many people need to die before GEJ acts like a C-in-C?

Buharo is well respected in hausaland and he's the only one that can calm his raging dogs.
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Basseti: 8:13pm On Apr 18, 2011
~Bluetooth:

see another blunder. . .jonathan should hold diplomatic resolution with rioting almajiris ? Lmkmd

Not necessary the almajiris. The string pullers. And when I say diplomatic, I mean asking on everyone who is anyone in the North to calm down thesituation. I always get queasy when the idea of the Nigerian Army flooding an area is brought up.

Look its kinda of a lose lose situation. I am not against bringing in the troops but let it be as last resort.

It might lead to a massacre if that is done, thats just my fear.
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Basseti: 8:15pm On Apr 18, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Buharo is well respected in hausaland and he's the only one that can calm his raging dogs.
[/quote
Part of that is what I mean when I say "diplomatic"

That would be a much better way of resolving this than military action.

Obj did it but we all saw how it went. Not pretty.
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Nobody: 8:16pm On Apr 18, 2011
Basseti:

Not necessary the almajiris. The string pullers. And when I say diplomatic, I mean asking on everyone who is anyone in the North to calm down thesituation. I always get queasy when the idea of the Nigerian Army flooding an area is brought up.

Look its kinda of a lose lose situation. I am not against bringing in the troops but let it be as last resort.

It might lead to a massacre if that is done, thats just my fear.

Didn't you notice that most northern leaders you are talking about are all silent about this madness ? Why ? From sultan,shagari,IBB,Atiku. . .why are they all silent ?
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by dayokanu(m): 8:17pm On Apr 18, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Buhari did not swear to be responsible for the security of Nigerians.

Why cant GEJ appeal to his numerous fans in the North who voted him in large numbers

The lamidos, Sambos, Shagari, His Godfather IBB and other Northern leaders that are GEJ's pals why cant he reach out to them
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by phreakabit(m): 8:18pm On Apr 18, 2011
BUHARI is a blood thirsty Taliban. Always been and always will. It would take legal or divine intervention to get him to mediate in this situation.
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Basseti: 8:19pm On Apr 18, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Didn't you notice that most northern leaders you are talking about are all silent about this madness ? Why ? From sultan,shagari,IBB,Atiku. . .why are they all silent ?

Some say that Buhari has called for peace. If he did I commend him immensely.

But I agree. The silence didnt escape my radar. I hope most of them will speak up. I think they will  do a much better job than any military action can.
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by jerryben12: 8:19pm On Apr 18, 2011
blacksta:

what does GEJ mean by saying that the chaos is not connected to saturday's election.   is this man deluded?

ok they are fighting over super eagles  - i see

Bros, read the president's message again. He said it is ''not unconnected'', he did not say it is ''not connected''. What this means that the riot is connected to the election,  Sorry if that was your oversight.
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Nobody: 8:22pm On Apr 18, 2011
dayokanu:

Buhari did not swear to be responsible for the security of Nigerians.

[s]Why cant GEJ appeal to his numerous fans in the North who voted him in large numbers
[/s]

The lamidos, Sambos, Shagari, His Godfather IBB and other Northern leaders that are GEJ's pals why cant he reach out to them

Why did he have to do that when his supporters in the north were not the ones causing the riot ? If buhari cannot call his dogs to order,military should be called in asap and after that no northerner should complain about tribalism.
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Nobody: 8:23pm On Apr 18, 2011
Only a nitwit would deride Jonathan for his tactful approach to what is a decidedly delicate situation. At a time when the zombies in the north are spoiling for war on account of their misguided belief that their 'Zombie-General' was rigged out, when an official pronouncement has yet to be made to declare the winner of the election, when the general elections process have yet to be concluded. . . do you think that the right thing for Jonathan to do (as the C-in-C) is to unleash battalions of soldiers to forcibly quell the riots and claim hundreds/thousands of civilian casualties in the process? Doesn't it make better sense for the bigoted, over-Islamized buffoon on whose account the zombies are rioting to address them on the need to be calm and law abiding? The fact that this despicable desperado called Buhari is busy challenging the election results and has not yet issued a public address to his brainless zombies to stop further violence CLEARLY shows how insufferable the old fool is. And such an extremist wanted to rule this country again? I spit on him.

Jonathan is such a wise man though. It is more effective for the desperate old general to call his almajiri zombies to order, than for the presidency to further heat up the polity by using soldiers to forcibly maintain peace at this very volatile period. But of cause if the old fool insists on inciting his islamic zombies to continue their reign of violence, then the president would have no choice but visit them all with righteous wrath - backed by the full majesty of state.
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by phreakabit(m): 8:23pm On Apr 18, 2011
jerryben12:

Bros, read the president's message again. He said it ''not unconnected'', he did not say it is ''not connected''. What this means that the riot is connected to the election,  Sorry if that was your oversight.

Damn! I cant find my a*s Nepa has taken the light and i just laughed my a*s off! Oh found it! *Reads blacksta's comments* RFLMAO again, oops lost it again!
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Kenyy: 8:27pm On Apr 18, 2011
ifyalways:

If no one is going to talk to those almajiri's up there to stay calm bullets wud silence them,  .deploy troops.Guns worked effectively at Odi,twud as well work here.

Too bad! The so-called 'almajiri's' are actually the fearless personnel in the Nigerian Armed Forces, the Police, etc. that take instructions and implement them to the letter and NOT most of my COWARDS southern brothers-my papa dey for house, my mama dey for house,
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Jakumo(m): 8:27pm On Apr 18, 2011
While it is tempting to support the notion of harsh military reprisals against the street rioters currently running amok in Muslim northern Nigeria, President Jonathan must be EXTREMELY cautious about deploying troops to quell the minor riots currently in progress, for fear of causing collateral causalties that could in turn ignite a wider crisis.  A prudent military stance would be one focused on throwing heavily armed cordons around vulnerable populations of non-Muslims who reside in the areas where mobs roam, with rules of engagement that permit return fire where appropriate, while discouraging the "taking of ground" by force of arms.

In all probability the jobless youths burning car tires in the streets of northern Nigerian cities will run out of energy soon after their paymasters have fled the scene of the mayhem, and will thereafter revert to the daily activities of their traditional livelihood, namely begging for alms, petty theft and attending Koranic memorization schools.  The rest of the Nigerian federation can thus largely ignore the normal Darwinian "thinning of the herd" that is currently under way in northern Nigeria, for it is unlikely to amount to any more than a minor footnote in the context of Nigeria's unfolding history.

Steady as she goes,  Johnny B. Good, and full steam ahead to 2015.
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Kobojunkie: 8:27pm On Apr 18, 2011
phreakabit:

BUHARI is a blood thirsty Taliban. Always been and always will. It would take legal or divine intervention to get him to mediate in this situation.

Why the bigotry!!!
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Dynamic69: 8:28pm On Apr 18, 2011
Even though i made effort to vote for Buhari,I thank God i was not priviledge to,I would have hated my actions for doing so considering the animalistic characters been exhibited by his followers up north,It is a shame this ''Abokis'' take to the street to maim and destroy properties each time they loose election and at the slightest provocation. Now that a warning has been given them by Jonathan,he should not fail to take appropriate measures against these touts as no life is worth loosing because of these people's unquenchable thirst for power.
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by PapaBrowne(m): 8:28pm On Apr 18, 2011
dayokanu:

^^ You mean more people need to die before he swings into action?

Buhari did not take the oth to defend Nigerians GEJ did,

Buhari is not the CinC GEJ is.

Its like OBJ telling Asari, Gani Adams, Nwazuruike to call  his boys to order when they are killing people

GEJ has the right of security over every Nigerian and not Buhari, Buhari is not the president GEJ is. That shows someone who cant take responsibility

If GEJ feels Buhari is promoting or inciting violence, why doesnt he deal with Buhari, Going by the kid gloves he handles violence in the past this is not surprising
I have never known you to be pathetically unintelligent, but I'm beginning to see U in that light!!

FYI, the military is already on ground in these areas curtailing the violence.  One way to get the violence down is by asking Buhari to prevail on his supporters. And thats what the president has done.
Diplomacy comes first. Its only when it fails that force comes in.

Only a fool would take actions(such as you've suggested) that would lead to an escalation of violence, a potential coup and a potential civil war. And surely, the president is no fool, hence his actions are well calculated.

Your hatred for the president is surely making you sound like a below average, no nothing fella and I'm pretty sure you are not one!!
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:28pm On Apr 18, 2011
Oh Dear, Where is OBJ when you need a BUG-FAT-FUKING-STICK!
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by werepeLeri: 8:30pm On Apr 18, 2011
blacksta:

what does GEJ mean by saying that the chaos is not connected to saturday's election.   is this man deluded?

ok they are fighting over super eagles  - i see

your hatred for GEJ will simply kill you. You cant read proper English.
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by ifyalways(f): 8:30pm On Apr 18, 2011
@Bluetooth,they are silent cos they are enjoying the show of shame.

They are silent cos they are blood thirsty animals.

They are silent cos they have been anticipating this and are happy that they can hold the nation ransome.

They are happy cos they NEVER had the interest of NIGERIA at heart.

Meanwhile,their children,kit and kin are safely tucked outside the country while the almajiri is pushed like ZOMBIE to go and kill.

I'.e always said this and wud continue screaming it:How come u don't see spiritual leaders(Iman's especially),cultural & Political leaders(Emirs,Sultans,Buhari,Sambo) coming OUT TO CONDEMN,CALM NERVES AND ADVOCATE FOR PEACE,when things get murky and messed up

What then is/are their duties?

Hypocrisy!! and sheer wickedness because we all KNOWS FOR SURE THAT once the aforementioned groups intervene this issue wud be solved.

PS:beware of typo's,im mobile.
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by phreakabit(m): 8:33pm On Apr 18, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Why the bigotry!!!

My honest and sincere thoughts and inner feelings, simply depicted in letters, devoid of any form of bigotry. That I assure you. If he truly is against the on going violence and the ones prior to this, he should come out on NTA or BBC Hausa and declare his stance against violence!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Registered Some Of Kumuyi's Companies- Tunde Bakare (2014 interview) / Femi Adesina Accuses Opposition Of Widespread Killings In Nigeria / Governors Endorse Sale Of National Assets Over Recession

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.