Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,992 members, 7,806,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:11 AM

What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? (21196 Views)

7 Things To Consider Before Renting An Apartment / Fire Destroys Imo Residence, Spares Only Bible - Photos / THE NEW FACE OF FLOURISH RESIDENCE 2 BY SHOPRITE, BEAUTIFUL! JUST BUY AND BUILD! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by iamyemiakins(m): 10:57pm On Apr 07, 2021
There are several factors that people put into consideration before moving to a place for residential purpose. Factors such as:

Presence of filling station(s).
Presence of neighbourhood markets or big supermarkets.
Presence of gas station(s).
Presence of clubhouse(s)
Presence of open bar/beer parlour.
Presence of football viewing centre(s) etc.

What are the things/factors you consider before moving to a place for residential purpose?

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by duduade: 11:01pm On Apr 07, 2021
iamyemiakins:
There are several factors that people put into consideration before moving to a place for residential purpose. Factors such as:

Presence of clubhouse(s)

What are the things/factors you consider before moving to a place for residential purpose?

Worship centres

The noise pollution too much..

Drainage of the environment too

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by Jestin: 8:44pm On Apr 14, 2021
Check if electricity is average
Check for security coz some areas, omila dey write them letter

143 Likes 9 Shares

Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Apr 14, 2021
Presence of God's mercy.....I hate juju infested or occultic environment or house....

Presence of comfort, water, urbanization etc

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by gistray: 8:44pm On Apr 14, 2021
Is the landlord living in same compound?

Is ashawo house close

124 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:45pm On Apr 14, 2021
iamyemiakins:
There are several factors that people put into consideration before moving to a place for residential purpose.

Electricity, place of work and market!

The landlord must NOT reside in the compound

89 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by RapistOnBail: 8:45pm On Apr 14, 2021

1. Church and mosque. Those guys are mad! They no get place near my heart.

2. Electricity. Atleast 15hrs of light daily.

3. A good ashawo house must be close by.

68 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by Lagosinter1: 8:45pm On Apr 14, 2021
Light

Road

Quietness

Security

Nearness to market

Lack of amebos in the street or compound.

Neatness of the house itself.

I know some will include proximity to ashawo joints. grin

Etc

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by mayorjosh(m): 8:45pm On Apr 14, 2021
Network service
Filling station
Power supply
Proximity to a hospital/health Centre

15 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by tunjilee003: 8:45pm On Apr 14, 2021
First and foremost, I'll consider nearness to power supply....
Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by StPete: 8:46pm On Apr 14, 2021
Proximity to work is paramount

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by OmodavidoX(m): 8:46pm On Apr 14, 2021
Electricity
Good drainage system
Proximity to markets
Absence of churches around the house to avoid noise pollution.

6 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by Raychee(f): 8:46pm On Apr 14, 2021
My pocket

45 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by LagBlogger(m): 8:46pm On Apr 14, 2021
Road network, security and standard apartment

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by greatiyk4u(m): 8:46pm On Apr 14, 2021
Erosion status
Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by Karleb(m): 8:46pm On Apr 14, 2021
Work dey? undecided
Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by BrainEya(m): 8:46pm On Apr 14, 2021
undecided
*Is it close to where I'm working?
*Is there electricity power?
*Are there bois that behave like cultist.
*Are there too much worldly girl that are capable to reduce you to low battery �
*Important of all, is there local fence where I can prepare soup without breaking bank, I mean where I can gather water leaf, orha, bitter leave, editan, atama, even peeper sef and borrow maggie join.. grin

10 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by FalseProphet1(m): 8:46pm On Apr 14, 2021
sad
Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by Soloboss534: 8:46pm On Apr 14, 2021
Canteen or mama put

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by dake40(m): 8:47pm On Apr 14, 2021
Security
Electricity
Absence of Religious centers or factory around [I hate noise]
Proximity to fast food joints
Proximity to a standard Gym
Fast internet.

8 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by brightovio007(m): 8:47pm On Apr 14, 2021
Buhari centre
Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Apr 14, 2021
iamyemiakins:

Presence of clubhouse(s)

Mine would be absence of all you listed.

I prefer a dull and serene environment so that when I’m home, I know I’m coming to rest my head

These days I also prefer a gated estate

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by Trutherme: 8:47pm On Apr 14, 2021
Good filling stations
Drainage system
Adequate Security
Good transportation.
Good schools and Hospitals.
Good Joint for Nkwobi And Drinks

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by Christane: 8:47pm On Apr 14, 2021
if they z a good power supply.
if d apartment have a prepaid meter cus i cant be paying those crazy light bills.
good road network ..
and a good security team to safe guard d area .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by Democracynna: 8:47pm On Apr 14, 2021
Electricity
Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by Jude49(m): 8:47pm On Apr 14, 2021
1. Electricity
2. Motorable during raining seasons?
3. Noise pollution?
That's all!
4. The Holy Spirit...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by Born2conquer: 8:47pm On Apr 14, 2021
Security (gate and all)
2)Serenity (quietness)
3)how educated and exposed the people in the area is, I can’t live an area where people see putting on generator as Wealth grin
I can’t live in an area where people see someone driving a car of 15M upward as Ogun owo.
And the houses in the area must show affluence because directly or indirectly, the kind of area you stay will affect you and your family.

I would have mentioned Electricity and water but in this present Nigeria? Na we citizens dey provide all these grin Run solar and do borehole! That’s all.

To those living in Abeokuta, why is nobody talking about Obada oko, i mistakenly came across that area and the area is bomb!

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by Juliearth(f): 8:47pm On Apr 14, 2021
Availability of pipe-borne water or borehole

Light

The surrounding areas: Is the house easily accessible from the main road? Are there red zones? etc

The compound must not be spacious and no shared balcony. The fewer the flats, the better.

The rooms should have at least two windows, no crack or sign of weakness on the wall, POP roofing and neat tiling on the floor.

The kitchen must be spacious, well tiled from top to bottom, with neat and strong fittings.

The bathroom must have a neat tiling system (no broken or stained tiles , the WC must be standard

Etc.

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by remymartyn: 8:48pm On Apr 14, 2021
1. Proximity to place of work
2. Proximity to the market
3. Viewing centre must dey the hood grin
4. And neatness of the environment

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by Dpaulie(m): 8:48pm On Apr 14, 2021
Proximity to my my place of work, markets, roads, security and how stable their electricity in that area

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Building Plan Of A 2 Bedroom Block Of 4 Flats - Need Suggestions / 100 Houses Destroyed By Rain In Enugu State. Photos / Contact us for Soil Test, Water Borehole / Core Drilling, Pille Foundation today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.