Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,903 members, 7,802,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:46 AM

Nairaland Executives [volunteer] - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Executives [volunteer] (2040 Views)

Community Volunteer Teachers Project: Call To Get Involved / Team Ribadu: A Volunteer Organisation For A New Nigeria / Nairaland Forum Early Posting Squad [volunteer position] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Nairaland Executives [volunteer] by Seun(m): 9:04am On Jun 30, 2005
Hello,

I'm currently looking into ways to support the forum without imposing the 250 naira membership fee we agreed upon sometime ago. This forum will have 5 or more small income streams activated in the next few weeks. If the total money made from each of these sources is enough, then we may not need to impose the membership fee.

However, I need volunteer editors/moderators to help me run this forum. It has become clear that the effort needed to manage this site as it begins to grow is beyond what one man can handle. And believe me, I have tried to see how much I can handle on my own and think I have reached my limit! Yet the site still needs to grow beyond what it is right now.

We have 28 subforums on Nairaland. I need just one editor/moderator for each subforum. People who spend a lot of time online, have good understanding of English Language, are mature and trustworthy, and agree with the general direction of this forum are encouraged to apply. If you are willing but lacking in one or two of these qualities, I can train you for the job.

I'm waiting for the applications to pour in. Send them in by PM, or drop your comments here!

Seun.
Re: Nairaland Executives [volunteer] by Seun(m): 2:33pm On Jun 30, 2005
buddy and dablessed have volunteered in private. exago, legry and Hidden_Hunter have also volunteered in the past, but I've not confirmed that they are still interested. I am pleased with the enthusiasm that the wonderful people of this forum are showing.
Re: Nairaland Executives [volunteer] by shockreaction(m): 6:23pm On Jun 30, 2005
Pinky:

...I'l do anything...

Er... Permit to go a bit off-topic here... It's really not a good idea to say, "I'll do anything" because it may give some bizarre impressions to some (obviously) bizarre-thinking people... Anything means "Anything"... Anything! Just for emphasis. It's better to use "I'll do anything I can..."

Alright, back on track, I'd love to volunteer, but there're other obligations I have to fulfill at the moment. Maybe sometime later.
Re: Nairaland Executives [volunteer] by demmy(m): 8:00am On Jul 01, 2005
Seun I would love to volunteer but for the next 2 to 3 months I will not be (always) available online. But after the summer I'm all yours.
Re: Nairaland Executives [volunteer] by Motee(f): 10:34am On Jul 01, 2005
I would love to help out but for now am not qualified but am sure other opportunities will come soon that I can try out. Goodluck Seun
Re: Nairaland Executives [volunteer] by Pinky(f): 1:18pm On Jul 01, 2005
shockreaction:

It's really not a good idea to say, "I'll do anything" because it may give some bizarre impressions to some (obviously) bizarre-thinking people... Anything means "Anything"... Anything! Just for emphasis. It's better to use "I'll do anything I can..."
shock. are u satisfied that i've removed the post completely?
Re: Nairaland Executives [volunteer] by Hndholder(m): 3:20pm On Jul 01, 2005
Give me responsibility as volunteer
Re: Nairaland Executives [volunteer] by bolasho(m): 4:14pm On Jul 01, 2005
I am volunteering myself for the job too. But I dont know how seun wants to go about it. But it will be a great responsibility for me
Re: Nairaland Executives [volunteer] by Greatpeter(m): 6:01pm On Jul 01, 2005
I think i can if given the opportunity.
seun, just count me in.
Re: Nairaland Executives [volunteer] by CimonJorr(m): 11:20pm On Jul 01, 2005
Put my name down.. but what does it involve ... cool
Re: Nairaland Executives [volunteer] by shockreaction(m): 12:04pm On Jul 02, 2005
Pinky:

shockreaction link=topic=650.msg8845#msg8845 date=1120152220:

It's really not a good idea to say, "I'll do anything" because it may give some bizarre impressions to some (obviously) bizarre-thinking people... Anything means "Anything"... Anything! Just for emphasis. It's better to use "I'll do anything I can..."
shock.  are you satisfied that I've removed the post completely?

Aww, come on. You didn't have to do that. I was only playing with you.
Re: Nairaland Executives [volunteer] by Seun(m): 12:59pm On Jul 02, 2005
Thanks, everyone for the enormous support. All the people who have indicated interest will get free training for the position! THen one by one we're going to be assigning people to the various jobs that are available.

- Moderators/editors.
- Amateur journalists.
- Graphic artists and web designers.
- Radio jockeys (yes!)
- Et cetera.
Re: Nairaland Executives [volunteer] by uchesco(m): 12:17am On Jul 03, 2005
Am sending my entry late.... and really i do have other responsibilities(job, blah blah ) but i love the idea and WANT TO VOLUNTEER. I'm sure we can work out something u'll appreciate.....
U have my email, bros lets discuss!!! grin
Re: Nairaland Executives [volunteer] by hotangel2(f): 11:12am On Jul 03, 2005
ME ME ME!!! I am all Yours.
Re: Nairaland Executives [volunteer] by tayotina(f): 10:13am On Jul 04, 2005
FOR REAL shocked
Re: Nairaland Executives [volunteer] by hotangel2(f): 7:48pm On Jul 04, 2005
lol @ tayotina.
Re: Nairaland Executives [volunteer] by angel(f): 3:27pm On Jul 05, 2005
count me in, am all yours. wink
Re: Nairaland Executives [volunteer] by pkrix(m): 9:59pm On Jul 06, 2005
Me too. I can design web and I believe I can edit
Re: Nairaland Executives [volunteer] by chimanu2000(m): 7:42pm On Jul 08, 2005
seun im interested count me in what do i need to do.i am a sporty person
Re: Nairaland Executives [volunteer] by addyfy: 9:50am On Jul 09, 2005
interested but wud be busy. got anytihg for a grand consultant contact me, if u need 1.
Re: Nairaland Executives [volunteer] by Seun(m): 11:09am On Jul 09, 2005
Those that have been chosen will be contacted privately with questions to answer, training materials and further details about the available volunteer jobs.
Re: Nairaland Executives [volunteer] by Flint(m): 7:21am On Jul 18, 2005
I thot I indicated my interest in being a volunteer staff earlier, but if didn't, I'm in.
Re: Nairaland Executives [volunteer] by tasteguy(m): 11:46am On Jul 18, 2005
i will love to volunteer but in the next 3-4 months i may not be constant again.
so just put me there. Thanks
Re: Nairaland Executives [volunteer] by stevo(m): 5:35pm On Jul 19, 2005
Seun is high time you employ a post sorcerer who can check all articles before posting. I don't know if your number is available, i will like you to know that i have known the site requirement which is all about educating people rather than testing people therefore i will not repeat that important contemporary information..... about the job you are asking for i am still available .
Re: Nairaland Executives [volunteer] by Hunter(m): 5:39am On Jul 20, 2005
Yes, I am still interested in helping, let me know if I am needed and what for. Then we can go from there smiley
Re: Nairaland Executives [volunteer] by Seun(m): 2:03pm On Jul 20, 2005
This has been one of the most difficult transitions to make because it's never easy for an entrepreneur to let go of his(or her) baby!

I'm going to change my approach to this recruitment exercise.  Each issue that comes up will be given a separate thread so people can know exactly what they're volunteering for.  This is going to be a tough hurdle but we'll scale it and it will be a pathway to mega-growth!
Re: Nairaland Executives [volunteer] by Nkechi(f): 7:56pm On Jul 20, 2005
Hi Seun,

I tink wat u r doing is cool. 10x for keeping us posted on vaccancies. I have a bsc Geography and about 3yrs working experience. Keep up the good job. Oh! i liv in PH but wld most prefer a job in Lag and in customer relations or Admin: pls b on d look out 4 dat.

Thumbs up dude cool
Re: Nairaland Executives [volunteer] by dennae4real(m): 8:15pm On Jul 20, 2005
Dear Emperor Seun
It is with great honour that i am writin to indicate my interest in da volunteerin work although i fall short on one of the reguirement which is A PERSON WHO STAY'S LONG ONLINE can i stil contribute even though i dont spend much time online this days? if yea then plz do hook me up

Thanx
With Much Regards
Dennae
Re: Nairaland Executives [volunteer] by pkrix(m): 9:16pm On Jul 20, 2005
Nice.

Fantastic!

Cokastic.!

Gulderstic!

These r the words for Nairaland captivating advancement.

Thumbs up! Seun.
Re: Nairaland Executives [volunteer] by Seun(m): 9:56am On Jul 21, 2005
The first volunteer position has been thrown open to members of the forum. I'd like to invite you to join the Nairaland Forum Early Posters' Squad. Thanks.
Re: Nairaland Executives [volunteer] by Guardian(m): 6:33pm On Aug 18, 2005
Seun,
your efforts so far deserve more support. I'm an all round man and I believe I could help out with maintaining this blog site.- Editor or Moderator

24/7 -Online
Good Command of Whiteman's language ( British only )
Interested
Willing
Able
Re: Nairaland Executives [volunteer] by hauwa(f): 1:34am On Aug 20, 2005
im interested but i would like to know what it entails

(1) (2)

17 Yrs Old Female Bodybuilding Champion Get Bullied Online 4 Being Too In Shape / A Nairalander Wedding Anniversary / Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.