Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,493 members, 7,801,276 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:13 PM

Continue With Job Or Complete Msc Program - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Continue With Job Or Complete Msc Program (15564 Views)

Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? / Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station / Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Continue With Job Or Complete Msc Program by Blessynene(f): 9:41pm On Apr 12, 2021
Hello nairalanders pls I need your unbiased advice.

So I started my MSc program long before the lockdown since I had no job and needed to upgrade, after class work and examination the lockdown couldn't allow me complete my project lab work, all these while I was actively looking for a job.

Luckily I got one with a private firm and decent pay (110k) but doesn't give me time to do any other thing, now my project defence is in a months time, I applied for 6 weeks leave without pay so I can concentrate and complete my project and defence since my job is overly demanding but was denied.

My only option is to resign and come back to re-apply for the job after my defense, I seriously need this job because I have alot of financial responsibilities at the moment.

I am tempted to to let go of the defence for now and focus on the job till am financially stable.

Pls I need your candid advice.

5 Likes

Re: Continue With Job Or Complete Msc Program by Ammishaddai: 9:50pm On Apr 12, 2021
I'll advice you finish the masters program. But see if you can ask the institution to grant you a kind of deferment first. If they agree, good and fine, but if not, just chin-up and finish. Your masters in God's hands will surely get you something better

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Continue With Job Or Complete Msc Program by konny1(m): 5:49pm On May 01, 2021
Well
What I think is that if your company really like growth they don't need to deny you.
I know getting job sometimes can be so difficult and frustrating but you're almost done with the program
Will suggest you let the job go and go complete your program because your growth is very important than the job...

I pray God grant you better job in no time after the completion of your program. Amen!!!

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Continue With Job Or Complete Msc Program by Realestatevixen: 5:49pm On May 01, 2021
Go for masters, you are already at the finish line, and you know how Nigerian Educational system is a bit unstable, before you say Jack Robinson, another one year ASUU strike

I sell authentic organic black soap. Please call or watsapp 080 6029 1729

6 Likes

Re: Continue With Job Or Complete Msc Program by Benjaniblinks(m): 5:49pm On May 01, 2021
angry
Jeez,
trying to wrap my head around that engrish....
Re: Continue With Job Or Complete Msc Program by Starseed(m): 5:49pm On May 01, 2021
Complete the master's degree. Opportunities will come that would require ur degree. Don't quit. You will thank ursef and me that encouraged u to finish.

It can only get better

15 Likes

Re: Continue With Job Or Complete Msc Program by design104: 5:49pm On May 01, 2021
Get your Amazing Logo Designs into 3D mockups here for your Social media post for as low as 3k.

Just tap the image below to contact me directly on Whatsapp.
See you soon.
[img]https:///65535/51148468578_fe8c8795e4_o.gif[/img]

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Continue With Job Or Complete Msc Program by Thegracefulness: 5:49pm On May 01, 2021

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Continue With Job Or Complete Msc Program by EkwulobiaTV: 5:49pm On May 01, 2021
Talk to your employer. talk to (I mean arrange with) your direct boss to give you some time to complete your project and cover up for you.

Don't lose the job trying to complete Masters degree. They'll replace you easily and you may not be lucky to get a place when you return (as I can see that your plan is to return there)

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Continue With Job Or Complete Msc Program by oluwaseyi0: 5:50pm On May 01, 2021
H
Re: Continue With Job Or Complete Msc Program by MEGA4BILLION(m): 5:50pm On May 01, 2021
One thing is for you have master degree and another thing is getting a job in Nigeria of today. My candid advice; differ your study to when you can finish your research. When you are done with the research and ready to defend, you apply for resumption of studies and do your defence.
I believe you do your research bit by bit while working.
I wish you all the best.

13 Likes

Re: Continue With Job Or Complete Msc Program by Jimmyubah2: 5:50pm On May 01, 2021
Well, just follow your church mind that's all I can say.
But with that M. Sc you fit land better and life changing job o.

2 Likes

Re: Continue With Job Or Complete Msc Program by mrkels(m): 5:51pm On May 01, 2021
Can’t you chew and bite at the same time ?

Also get to look for better jobs . In this useless economy N110,000 is not a decent job . For one to be okay in this hardship one needs nothing less than 700k from a monthly paying job and other side hustles .

I wish you well in your future endeavors!

20 Likes

Re: Continue With Job Or Complete Msc Program by AgreatMan: 5:52pm On May 01, 2021
Postpone the Msc, n get d experience first.

Msc or PhD na ordinary paper o, no let am enter your head.

But I don't need to advise u, I am very sure I can't leave the job anyways. grin

35 Likes

Re: Continue With Job Or Complete Msc Program by Obasanjoslim: 5:52pm On May 01, 2021
Blessynene:

So I started my MSc program long before the lockdown since I had no job and needed to upgrade, after class work and examination the lockdown couldn't allow me complete my project lab work, all these while I was actively looking for a job.

Luckily I got one with a private firm and decent pay (110k) but doesn't give me time to do any other thing, now my project defence is in a months time, I applied for 6 weeks leave without pay so I can concentrate and complete my project and defence since my job is overly demanding but was denied.

My only option is to resign and come back to re-apply for the job after my defense, I seriously need this job because I have alot of financial responsibilities at the moment.

I am tempted to to let go of the defence for now and focus on the job till am financially stable.

pls don't play with your job..there is no job in Nigeria now
....hold the one you have now with strong hands.. who master help for this country....

34 Likes

Re: Continue With Job Or Complete Msc Program by aybabz101: 5:52pm On May 01, 2021
my guy, pls and pls don't let go of ur job. There are lot of MSc grads out there fasting and praying for a 50k job talk-less of of a 6 digit job.

my advice: defer the programme for like a year if possible coz I believe u need at least a year to get any form of leave from any organization and by then, u would have integrated and understand the organization very well.

if deferment is not possible, leave the programme and reapply to a nearby institution and let ur supervisor know that u are working so he can help u maneuver whatever challenge u might encounter..... if he's a sure guy.

finally, u need masters to get a good opportunity. right now, u have one. pls don't resign and find a way to get d masters for a better opportunity.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Continue With Job Or Complete Msc Program by cybertyrant(m): 5:52pm On May 01, 2021
Go for degree, it opens more job opportunities for you
Re: Continue With Job Or Complete Msc Program by chineduuf: 5:52pm On May 01, 2021
If you believe your course is relevant. Complete your master's.

5 Likes

Re: Continue With Job Or Complete Msc Program by shegzhkn: 5:53pm On May 01, 2021
lol
Re: Continue With Job Or Complete Msc Program by Nobody: 5:53pm On May 01, 2021
Finish your Masters. Try all you can to finish your Masters. Don't leave your Masters for a job that doesn't give you a breathing space.

3 Likes

Re: Continue With Job Or Complete Msc Program by stubbornman(m): 5:53pm On May 01, 2021
No job will give you six weeks leave...c'mon let's be realistic!

10 Likes

Re: Continue With Job Or Complete Msc Program by stalwart123(m): 5:54pm On May 01, 2021
grin

Resign and complete your master degree program.

110K is not a decent pay!!

4 Likes

Re: Continue With Job Or Complete Msc Program by fergie001: 5:54pm On May 01, 2021
Continue your work......My dear, continue that job ooooo...e get why.

4 Likes

Re: Continue With Job Or Complete Msc Program by Obasanjoslim: 5:54pm On May 01, 2021
mrkels:
Can’t you chew and bite at the same time ?

Also get to look for better jobs . In this useless economy N110,000 is not a decent job . For one to be okay in this hardship one needs nothing less than 700k from a monthly paying job and other side hustles .

I wish you well in your future endeavors!
you called 110k job useless? you need to visit yaba

30 Likes

Re: Continue With Job Or Complete Msc Program by brandmix: 5:54pm On May 01, 2021
Blessynene:

Emm lemme not lie...didn't read everything.

Few questions tho,

Is the masters outside the country? If yes...for the love of all things good, pls go!

If not, i will suggest you still think long term (Canadian PR things) and find a way to still finish your masters.

A wise person once told me...time is elastic. If someone/ something is truely truely important to you, some how, some way, you will find a way to bend time to accommodate it.

All the best!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Continue With Job Or Complete Msc Program by fergie001: 5:55pm On May 01, 2021
Obasanjoslim:
Don't mind him.....How much does an L2 earn in a Fed Univ?
Re: Continue With Job Or Complete Msc Program by stalwart123(m): 5:56pm On May 01, 2021
Obasanjoslim:

Read well, he said useless economy, not useless job!!!
Re: Continue With Job Or Complete Msc Program by stunnert(m): 5:56pm On May 01, 2021
What is the usefulness of a maters degree in this dipilated economy

6 Likes

Re: Continue With Job Or Complete Msc Program by niel63(m): 5:56pm On May 01, 2021
Huangy111:
Vvvvv

You are a mumu man

I can bet my left scrotum you can't do shit with your wack skills. Why all of una just like rubbish.
Hacker emeritus... see your number dey online and fishing you out just became easier.

Posting unrelated content in a meaningful topic.

OP: I believe you need to improve yourself first, that will improve your income a whole lot.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Career Choice After A Bsc In Biochemistry. / Lagos State Ministry Of Health Sacks Health Care Workers In The State / Human Resource Management In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.