Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:16 AM

Konshisha Crisis: Ortom Apologizes To Families Of Slain Soldiers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Konshisha Crisis: Ortom Apologizes To Families Of Slain Soldiers (12883 Views)

PDP Crisis: Ortom, Wike Shun Atiku In Makurdi / Konshisha: Nigerian Army Buries Captain, 11 Soldiers Killed By Bandits In Benue / 10 Missing Soldiers Found Dead In Konshisha, Benue State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Konshisha Crisis: Ortom Apologizes To Families Of Slain Soldiers by JEWELofHELL: 10:42pm On Apr 12, 2021
….condoles President Buhari, Army Chief, promises to support military apprehend masterminds

By Peter Duru, Makurdi

Governor Samuel Ortom of Benue state has apologized to the bereaved families of the 12 soldiers who were ambushed and killed about a week ago by armed bandits at Bonta community in Konshisha Local Government Area, LGA, of the state.

The Governor also condoled President Muhammadu Buhari, the Chief of Army Staff and the leadership of the armed forces in the country over the murder of the military personnel in the state.

Speaking Monday at the funeral of the personnel at the Wurukum Military Cemetery in Makurdi the Governor who condemned the murder and described it as unfortunate promised to collaborate with the military to apprehend the masterminds of the dastardly act.

READ ALSO: Herdsmen Not Responsible For Ngbo Attack, Says Ebonyi Gov’t

“I condole Mr President who is the Commander-In-Chief of the armed forces, the Chief of Army Staff and indeed the leadership of our security forces in the country.

“On behalf of government and people of Benue State, we condemn the killing of our innocent soldiers who were out there to keep peace in our state.

“It is unfortunate that this incident took place. I want the Nigerian army, the families of the deceased and indeed all Nigerians to know that the attack on security personnel is an attack on all.

“This attack was unwarranted, it was not needed because all these patriotic soldiers were there to keep peace and that was why they were ambushed. Otherwise, we all know what soldiers can do and the capacity they have to defend themselves.

“So we condemn this and we want to assure everyone that my government will join hands with the security forces to ensure that all those who perpetrated this sad act are brought to book.

“I equally want to apologize to the bereaved families, in the course of my trying to manage this challenge if I said anything that was offensive to the families of the deceased I want to say that I am sorry.

Read Also:
▪︎My 52 Dead Cows Didn’t Graze On Sacred Land – Yoruba Herdsman

▪︎UK Exempts Nigeria From High-Risk Countries For Money Laundering

▪︎After IPOB’s Attack-on-Sight Directive: Police Operatives Live In Fear In S’East

“As a leader, I needed to say something, the people needed to hear from, and as at that time that I made the comment that it was two soldiers that were missing it was based on the information that was made available to me.

“But all the same, please I am sorry. It is the responsibility of this government to also join hands with the leadership of the army to see how we can support the bereaved families. May God reset their peaceful souls,”
Governor Ortom said.

Conducting the funeral service, Chaplain of 73 Battalion of the Nigeria Army, Major Ibrahim Mavisky, as well as the Imam, Captain A. Bashir both noted that the fallen heroes were peacemakers who went out not for evil but for peace and regrettably met their death in the process.

“The slain soldiers were out to serve the nation but lost their lives. We, therefore, pray for their souls and that God should grant them eternal rest,” they said.

Vanguard recalls that a week ago an Army Captain and 11 soldiers were ambushed and killed by criminal elements in Bonta community, while on routine patrol of the troubled communities in Oju and Konshisha LGAs who had been at daggers-drawn over disputed farmland.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/04/konshisha-crisis-ortom-apologizes-to-families-of-slain-soldiers/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Konshisha Crisis: Ortom Apologizes To Families Of Slain Soldiers by iamDrRhymes(m): 11:05pm On Apr 12, 2021
Rest in peace heroes. Nigeria will definately overcome.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Konshisha Crisis: Ortom Apologizes To Families Of Slain Soldiers by HONESTFACT101(m): 11:06pm On Apr 12, 2021

Continue to apologize don't equip them well,True there job is to defend but if what use is a security personnel without the right gun

when you people sacrifice enough soldiers feel free to inform us

RIP TO THE DECEASED
MAY GOD BLESS AND PROTECT THERE FAMILY......signing out

6 Likes

Re: Konshisha Crisis: Ortom Apologizes To Families Of Slain Soldiers by simhosting: 11:13pm On Apr 12, 2021
RIP
Re: Konshisha Crisis: Ortom Apologizes To Families Of Slain Soldiers by PowerOfPrayer: 11:16pm On Apr 12, 2021
Eternal rest their soul
Re: Konshisha Crisis: Ortom Apologizes To Families Of Slain Soldiers by Eriokanmi: 11:17pm On Apr 12, 2021
Too bad. I'm not sure those who killed the gallant soldiers were fulani herders for obvious reasons. When Buratai was still COAS, he ordered his men to ambush the notorious thug terrorising the state and his team on their way to makurdi at a venue where the wanted to embrace amnesty as promised by Ortom. The governor, his vice and police and security agents were already waiting to receive them where they were to lay down their weapons. Army ambushed and killed the notorious thug, claiming he was caught in the cross fire. This could be a reprisal from the camp of the dead thug.

This country remains at the mercy of God this is barbaric

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Konshisha Crisis: Ortom Apologizes To Families Of Slain Soldiers by DoctorDree(m): 11:19pm On Apr 12, 2021
That’s what they do best.......Condemning and apologizing and after the burial everyone moves on like nothing happened, well who will blame the governor when the so called ‘grand commander of the federal republic is somewhere outside the country resting while the country is falling apart and soldiers he ought to be commanding are dying everyday without them been properly accounted for!!!

1 Like

Re: Konshisha Crisis: Ortom Apologizes To Families Of Slain Soldiers by TarOrfeeek: 11:19pm On Apr 12, 2021
Army of Nepotism and Godfathers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Konshisha Crisis: Ortom Apologizes To Families Of Slain Soldiers by D6thSense: 11:22pm On Apr 12, 2021
shocked
Re: Konshisha Crisis: Ortom Apologizes To Families Of Slain Soldiers by Nobody: 11:22pm On Apr 12, 2021
Hmmmm
People that took an oaths to serve their fathers land ,but it seems is the fathers land is now serving them cry God help us all.

1 Like

Re: Konshisha Crisis: Ortom Apologizes To Families Of Slain Soldiers by Prodigee: 11:24pm On Apr 12, 2021
The whole social unrests in this country is politically motivated. Nigerians are peace loving people. Know this and know peace!

6 Likes

Re: Konshisha Crisis: Ortom Apologizes To Families Of Slain Soldiers by Ekakamba: 11:24pm On Apr 12, 2021
The INSECURITY in this CornTree is just on another level. undecided
Re: Konshisha Crisis: Ortom Apologizes To Families Of Slain Soldiers by abobote: 11:25pm On Apr 12, 2021
This army are just being killed easily
Re: Konshisha Crisis: Ortom Apologizes To Families Of Slain Soldiers by NwaNimo1(m): 11:36pm On Apr 12, 2021

1 Like

Re: Konshisha Crisis: Ortom Apologizes To Families Of Slain Soldiers by UstazAhmed(m): 11:36pm On Apr 12, 2021
HONESTFACT101:

Continue to apologize don't equip them well,True there job is to defend but if what use is a security personnel without the right gun

when you people sacrifice enough soldiers feel free to inform us

RIP TO THE DECEASED
MAY GOD BLESS AND PROTECT THERE FAMILY......signing out

Is he the FG to equip the army? What of the I billion dollars Buhari gave to buratai
Re: Konshisha Crisis: Ortom Apologizes To Families Of Slain Soldiers by walozanga(m): 11:41pm On Apr 12, 2021
One Nigeria kill una
Re: Konshisha Crisis: Ortom Apologizes To Families Of Slain Soldiers by ABANGWABOI(m): 11:47pm On Apr 12, 2021
#ILMOVON cry cry
#Attitude
#Bliv

So painful and unfortunate..
I just weak...
So Sad..
Re: Konshisha Crisis: Ortom Apologizes To Families Of Slain Soldiers by garfield1: 11:53pm On Apr 12, 2021
Eriokanmi:
Too bad. I'm not sure those who killed the gallant soldiers were fulani herders for obvious reasons. When Buratai was still COAS, he ordered his men to ambush the notorious thug terrorising the state and his team on their way to makurdi at a venue where the wanted to embrace amnesty as promised by Ortom. The governor, his vice and police and security agents were already waiting to receive them where they were to lay down their weapons. Army ambushed and killed the notorious thug, claiming he was caught in the cross fire. This could be a reprisal from the co of the dead thug.

It is not.warring villagers ambushed and killed them

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Konshisha Crisis: Ortom Apologizes To Families Of Slain Soldiers by garfield1: 11:54pm On Apr 12, 2021
No need for apology since the army has already extracted their pound of flesh
Re: Konshisha Crisis: Ortom Apologizes To Families Of Slain Soldiers by gambia(m): 11:58pm On Apr 12, 2021
Nothing to write home about in this shithole, nothing is working, even the president is in another man's country chilling, kai who do this country sef?

1 Like

Re: Konshisha Crisis: Ortom Apologizes To Families Of Slain Soldiers by Tobinrobin(m): 11:59pm On Apr 12, 2021
When will these needless bloodshed end?
Re: Konshisha Crisis: Ortom Apologizes To Families Of Slain Soldiers by charlesucheh(m): 12:10am On Apr 13, 2021
The fools didn't even care to give them a soldiers death!
they just rotated them to charcoal point.
May God give the perpetrators of this dastardly act what is worse than hell.
RIP to those heroes.
Re: Konshisha Crisis: Ortom Apologizes To Families Of Slain Soldiers by Eriokanmi: 12:12am On Apr 13, 2021
garfield1:

It is not.warring villagers ambushed and killed them
That's what they told us which i doubted. These people's lies can wake the dead. One thing i can say is, the attack wasn't from herders as a section of the country had claimed

1 Like

Re: Konshisha Crisis: Ortom Apologizes To Families Of Slain Soldiers by garfield1: 12:13am On Apr 13, 2021
Eriokanmi:
That's what they told us

But same people also tell us that bandits or herdsmen or boko haram are killing na.anyway,as far as ortom has admitted that his people killed the soldiers, you can't argue with him

2 Likes

Re: Konshisha Crisis: Ortom Apologizes To Families Of Slain Soldiers by charlesucheh(m): 12:15am On Apr 13, 2021
25million involved, And whiskered away.

only one Muslim killed among all the soldiers that died,

GPMG gone,

almost 150 armed men, operated at their leisure and our strong security systems could not trail any of them.

And nobody is seeing the conspiracy ahbi

issorite!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Konshisha Crisis: Ortom Apologizes To Families Of Slain Soldiers by Eriokanmi: 12:16am On Apr 13, 2021
garfield1:

But same people also tell us that bandits or herdsmen or boko haram are killing na.anyway,as far as ortom has admitted that his people killed the soldiers, you can't argue with him
Yea true but the followers of the thug wrongly killed by the army are my prime suspects....they're also ortom's people. They're deadlier than some herders and have been terrorising that state for years now.

1 Like

Re: Konshisha Crisis: Ortom Apologizes To Families Of Slain Soldiers by garfield1: 12:24am On Apr 13, 2021
Eriokanmi:
Yea true but the followers of the thug wrongly killed by the army are my prime suspects....they're also ortom's people. They're deadlier than some herders and have been terrorising that state for years now.

At least we are on the same page.my own argument is that they were killed by Benue people not bandits or herdsmen or boko as some are trying to allege.if you analyse the attack,it looks planned and premeditated.it could be a reprisal from gana's boys and konshisha was one of their domains...
But I dont agree that gana was wrongly killed.it's like saying Osama or don wanny was wrongly killed.he who lives by the sword?

1 Like

Re: Konshisha Crisis: Ortom Apologizes To Families Of Slain Soldiers by tit(f): 12:24am On Apr 13, 2021
What of the hundreds of villagers bombed and burnt to death?

1 Like

Re: Konshisha Crisis: Ortom Apologizes To Families Of Slain Soldiers by tit(f): 12:27am On Apr 13, 2021
garfield1:

No be wetin una tell Orton?
And you have killed all the villagers so nobody to tell what really happen.

1 Like

Re: Konshisha Crisis: Ortom Apologizes To Families Of Slain Soldiers by OyinO: 12:30am On Apr 13, 2021
Eriokanmi:
Too bad. I'm not sure those who killed the gallant soldiers were fulani herders for obvious reasons. When Buratai was still COAS, he ordered his men to ambush the notorious thug terrorising the state and his team on their way to makurdi at a venue where the wanted to embrace amnesty as promised by Ortom. The governor, his vice and police and security agents were already waiting to receive them where they were to lay down their weapons. Army ambushed and killed the notorious thug, claiming he was caught in the cross fire. This could be a reprisal from the camp of the dead thug.

Quickly run and go and Google what happened in Bassa in the same Benue in 2013. Then you'll know who did it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Halts $418 Million Payment To Consultants On Paris Club Refund / PDP Crisis: Wike, Atiku’s Men Disagree Over Iyorchia Ayu / Nnewi City: Abandoned And Neglected!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.