Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,640 members, 7,801,860 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:31 AM

Nigerians Are Not Ready For Change - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Are Not Ready For Change (1042 Views)

Dele Momodu Writes Buhari, Says Nigerians Are Lamenting / How Nigerians Are Coping With Fuel Scarcity (Photos) / I'm Not Ready To Feed My Husband In Prison - First Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Are Not Ready For Change by xterra2(m): 4:58pm On Apr 19, 2011
First of all, I am not divided along ethnic/religious lines - muslims/christians, north /south

Am from the north but I hate fulanii and kano people , I don't hate christians nor southerner in General

Am sad now I voted for Buhari he lost but that's okay I accept all the results except in Kaduna - iv lived there for 8 years and I can say GEJ didn't get up to a million there not even half of a million, but typing this using my blackberry can't help matters so its off my mind

But what's in my mind is that am young very young compared to other people here - am not part of those underaged voters if that's what you are thinking  grin Graduated from High School last year so u can guess my age but I care about my future and I should be and am scared I want to be in a Better country than what it is now if I graduted from Uni though I believe Goodluck would help am sorry to say he can't do the change we need, he would bring change of course but now what we should get,

You see, its beyong my imagination how PDP controls Nigeria sorry Owns Nigeria Governorns, National assembly and the Presidency in the last 12 years it was a pity what they did to our country , 

They are corrupt, very we all know that they don't help us our educational system,health sector is in rambles now GEJ would fix that but he can't do that much I have to say Corruption is there, and he can't fight corrupt - the money he spent on his campaign is stagerring
Now to fight corruption he has to step on toes, big toes he can't he can't --- the mouth that feed him ( sorry for the --- I forgot the quote )
He has to get IBB,OBJ to show an example to people but he can't remebber he said IBB was his mentor, OBJ is his GodFather, Annenih is close to him, PDP is corrupt and he is part of them he can't fight them basically he can't really fight corruption, 
So in budgets, we hear contracts and approval but the money would be ,  Well gone to private pockets ,
Please to Nigerians here, not to diasporans how do you like the police? Huh ? Corrupt people but money are allocated but it gets missing what happened to former IGPs of recent history, balogun,sunday ehindero and mike (iv forgoten his name the one before the one before ringim - took a loan didn't pay back that help destroyed the bank, the police are paid little salary but we heard over N1 Trillion was to pay the salaries of government officials who do not perform, a policeman with his family- wife children, food school fees, e.t.c should finance that how , ? Am sure Jonathan can't stop paying high salaries why he is part of them and the fellow pdp people wont allow him to do that,  Greed is bad really , 

So this write up is getting long so let me be short hencefort, GEJ would help Nigeria and make a change but he can't relly do that pertaining to Corruption for example and is one of the bane of Nigerias dewvelopment as we all know that but what iis beyond my imagination is that people wouldn't care about the country,state thay wouldn't vote for who is better or who they think is right but would vote along ethnic/religious lines this is evidenced in the north where people voted for buahari well and in the south where people voted for jonathan because he is part of them,I.e from the relion and region this is very sad indeed, a thred here was to congratulate Igbo and Yorubas for voting Goodluck not congratulating change if they believe Goodluck would bring the much needed change , simply is it that Nigerians don't want change ? Well most people don't but I do , 
I regret the violence in the north, but the violence isn't the answer. The northerners should know that they were not born with the presidency neither is their right, , 
I wouldn't blame anyone but the PDP government for this well rhetorically if they didn't win this wouldn't happen  wink but let me be serious here, those people creating havoc are almajirai and some illetraties unemployed poor people now to my understanding you are using your phone (smartphone most likely) or laptop,desktop to view this and that isn't affordable to those guys which means you are not that poor (even though I am. sad ) so no one here would join those crazy people, because you have a future, job or something you can hold on to those guys don't if they have jobs, or have some little money they wouldn't do such , would a banker,teacher from the north do this ? No because at least they have job and money so unemployment is really the cause that's why no body here on NL would join the fight even a northerner like me, because like me I am in school and they are not so if we have a president who can provide jobs many crisis like this would be avoidable ,

Am sad not for my region but for my country, remeber US said nigeria would disintegrate into two by 2015 I don't want that personally I do go to the south to enjoy what I don't get in north I don't want a visa to do that yes maybe am selfish for that reason but I just don't ,

But like Abraham Lincoln said "a house divided against itself cannot stand "

--
I hardly create threads, I know I will receive some bashing but duhh
And can I create a thread about US in this section without getting it moved? I have an interesting thread I tell ya .

Bye,  Much love to my southerners people and my northerners
Re: Nigerians Are Not Ready For Change by xterra2(m): 5:09pm On Apr 19, 2011
Lol I didn't finish my write up not what I intended but just manage cheesy
Re: Nigerians Are Not Ready For Change by clemsajayi07(m): 5:17pm On Apr 19, 2011
good write-up,
Re: Nigerians Are Not Ready For Change by Nobody: 5:20pm On Apr 19, 2011
Nigerians are definitely, I almost chocked when my brother confirmed my assumption that people were voting for Jonathan because they knew he was going to win and wanted to be a part of the winning team---what madness angry angry angry
Re: Nigerians Are Not Ready For Change by xterra2(m): 5:28pm On Apr 19, 2011
clemsajayi07:

good write-up,

thanks
blink182:

Nigerians are definitely, I almost chocked when my brother confirmed my assumption that people were voting for Jonathan because they knew he was going to win and wanted to be a part of the winning team---what madness angry angry angry

yes it is sad, seems like nigerians dont want change
well we get the leaders we deserve
Re: Nigerians Are Not Ready For Change by iluvnaija: 1:20am On Apr 20, 2011
blink182:

THAT GOES TO SHOW YOU THE LEVEL OF EDUCATION IN NIGERIA.
US VOTED DEMOCRAT AND OBAMA BECAUSE REPUBLICANS AND BUSH MESSED THEM UP. BUT HERE IN NIGERIA, PEOPLE VOTED FOR THE SAME PDP THAT HAS NOT ONLY MESSED NIGERIA UP BUT PUT NIGERIA IN A GIANT HOLE. A GROWN UP MAN SAID HE VOTED JOE because HE LIKES HIM NOTIN ELSE, SOME SAID THEY VOTED FOR JOE AND NOT PDP. A TREE CAN NOT MAKE A FOREST.

NIGERIA IS A FAILED STATE!
Re: Nigerians Are Not Ready For Change by Gbenge77(m): 8:37am On Apr 20, 2011
xterra2:

First of all, I am not divided along ethnic/religious lines - muslims/christians, north /south

Am from the north but I hate fulanii and kano people , I don't hate christians nor southerner in General

Am sad now I voted for Buhari he lost but that's okay I accept all the results except in Kaduna - iv lived there for 8 years and I can say GEJ didn't get up to a million there not even half of a million, but typing this using my blackberry can't help matters so its off my mind

But what's in my mind is that am young very young compared to other people here - am not part of those underaged voters if that's what you are thinking  grin Graduated from High School last year so u can guess my age but I care about my future and I should be and am scared I want to be in a Better country than what it is now if I graduted from Uni though I believe Goodluck would help am sorry to say he can't do the change we need, he would bring change of course but now what we should get,

You see, its beyong my imagination how PDP controls Nigeria sorry Owns Nigeria Governorns, National assembly and the Presidency in the last 12 years it was a pity what they did to our country , 

They are corrupt, very we all know that they don't help us our educational system,health sector is in rambles now GEJ would fix that but he can't do that much I have to say Corruption is there, and he can't fight corrupt - the money he spent on his campaign is stagerring
Now to fight corruption he has to step on toes, big toes he can't he can't --- the mouth that feed him ( sorry for the --- I forgot the quote )
He has to get IBB,OBJ to show an example to people but he can't remebber he said IBB was his mentor, OBJ is his GodFather, Annenih is close to him, PDP is corrupt and he is part of them he can't fight them basically he can't really fight corruption, 
So in budgets, we hear contracts and approval but the money would be ,  Well gone to private pockets ,
Please to Nigerians here, not to diasporans how do you like the police? Huh ? Corrupt people but money are allocated but it gets missing what happened to former IGPs of recent history, balogun,sunday ehindero and mike (iv forgoten his name the one before the one before ringim - took a loan didn't pay back that help destroyed the bank, the police are paid little salary but we heard over N1 Trillion was to pay the salaries of government officials who do not perform, a policeman with his family- wife children, food school fees, e.t.c should finance that how , ? Am sure Jonathan can't stop paying high salaries why he is part of them and the fellow pdp people wont allow him to do that,  Greed is bad really , 

So this write up is getting long so let me be short hencefort, GEJ would help Nigeria and make a change but he can't relly do that pertaining to Corruption for example and is one of the bane of Nigerias dewvelopment as we all know that but what iis beyond my imagination is that people wouldn't care about the country,state thay wouldn't vote for who is better or who they think is right but would vote along ethnic/religious lines this is evidenced in the north where people voted for buahari well and in the south where people voted for jonathan because he is part of them,I.e from the relion and region this is very sad indeed, a thred here was to congratulate Igbo and Yorubas for voting Goodluck not congratulating change if they believe Goodluck would bring the much needed change , simply is it that Nigerians don't want change ? Well most people don't but I do , 
I regret the violence in the north, but the violence isn't the answer. The northerners should know that they were not born with the presidency neither is their right, , 
I wouldn't blame anyone but the PDP government for this well rhetorically if they didn't win this wouldn't happen  wink but let me be serious here, those people creating havoc are almajirai and some illetraties unemployed poor people now to my understanding you are using your phone (smartphone most likely) or laptop,desktop to view this and that isn't affordable to those guys which means you are not that poor (even though I am. sad ) so no one here would join those crazy people, because you have a future, job or something you can hold on to those guys don't if they have jobs, or have some little money they wouldn't do such , would a banker,teacher from the north do this ? No because at least they have job and money so unemployment is really the cause that's why no body here on NL would join the fight even a northerner like me, because like me I am in school and they are not so if we have a president who can provide jobs many crisis like this would be avoidable ,

Am sad not for my region but for my country, remeber US said nigeria would disintegrate into two by 2015 I don't want that personally I do go to the south to enjoy what I don't get in north I don't want a visa to do that yes maybe am selfish for that reason but I just don't ,

But like Abraham Lincoln said "a house divided against itself cannot stand "

--
I hardly create threads, I know I will receive some bashing but duhh
And can I create a thread about US in this section without getting it moved? I have an interesting thread I tell ya .

Bye,  Much love to my southerners people and my northerners
by aiding and abeting fraud.
Re: Nigerians Are Not Ready For Change by Nobody: 9:12am On Apr 20, 2011
iluvnaija:

THAT GOES TO SHOW YOU THE LEVEL OF EDUCATION IN NIGERIA.
US VOTED DEMOCRAT AND OBAMA BECAUSE REPUBLICANS AND BUSH MESSED THEM UP. BUT HERE IN NIGERIA, PEOPLE VOTED FOR THE SAME PDP THAT HAS NOT ONLY MESSED NIGERIA UP BUT PUT NIGERIA IN A GIANT HOLE. A GROWN UP MAN SAID HE VOTED JOE because HE LIKES HIM NOTIN ELSE, SOME SAID THEY VOTED FOR JOE AND NOT PDP. A TREE CAN NOT MAKE A FOREST.

NIGERIA IS A FAILED STATE!
Here are some more crappy examples; he's a southerner, he's a niger deltan, he's our brother, let us support our own.

It goes to show how corrupt, sentimental and ignorant the average nigerian is, if they were in power, they will do same or worse. Nigerians deserve what is coming to them.

I made up my mind a long time time ago to make money here and relax outside the country, the problem is nigeria is a diamond mine that only few know about, I cant leave this country for any reason no matter how bad it gets. I will stay here achieve greatness and change the part of the country i can.
Re: Nigerians Are Not Ready For Change by memzi: 9:19am On Apr 20, 2011
The post election violence is alarming and can dangerously escalate if not checked! Frequency of Hate comments and threats on various social networks and blogs has gone several notches higher! This can only lead us to a dangerous cycle of violence! Don't stoke or promote vengeance! Be the hero that saved thousands of lives by posting a message of peace and love! ONE NIGERIA!
Re: Nigerians Are Not Ready For Change by Nobody: 9:37am On Apr 20, 2011
memzi:

The post election violence is alarming and can dangerously escalate if not checked! Frequency of Hate comments and threats on various social networks and blogs has gone several notches higher! This can only lead us to a dangerous cycle of violence! Don't stoke or promote vengeance! Be the hero that saved thousands of lives by posting a message of peace and love! ONE NIGERIA!
Naaaaah, nothing to worry about, we are still in election period. by the end of this year everything will be back to normal.

(1) (Reply)

New Cabinet: Ezekwesili Opts Out / Happy Birthday Nigeria! / Disband The Nigerian Police Force!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.