Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,775 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

Would U Quit Your Marriage Or Continue If: - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would U Quit Your Marriage Or Continue If: (1541 Views)

9 Tips For Keeping The Spark Alive In Your Marriage / Can U Quit Any Social Media Because U Got Married? / Which Do I Choose; Marriage Or Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would U Quit Your Marriage Or Continue If: by lacuzy31: 8:13pm On Apr 19, 2011
plz friends advice me. What do you if your fiancés loves you but his family doesn't like you all because they want him to marry from their town.

would you quit or continue and if you have to stay how do you handle the whole situation (the family).

please i want your honest opinion no yarbingss jor.

thanks.
Re: Would U Quit Your Marriage Or Continue If: by Odunnu: 9:00pm On Apr 19, 2011
How did you know NLndrs are gud at yabs seeing you just registered and this is your 1st post.
Whats your other ID?
Re: Would U Quit Your Marriage Or Continue If: by ifyalways(f): 9:46pm On Apr 19, 2011
@OP,why do they hate u?Are u on good terms with the siblings or the whole family does not approve of u?

Do u think u can live with his family members visiting(when u eventually marry him)and not eat ur food,talk with u?Wud u understand when he visits his family(ofcos without you) and spend long hours with them?

Are ur own parents in support of the union?

If I were u,I wud try and find out the most important thing which is:why the hate

I wud weigh their reason(s)carefully,no matter how stUpId it might sound before deciding on the way forward.

Fish full river Niger!!

@Odunnu,shes been visiting and reading for the past 2 yrs as a guest.lol
Re: Would U Quit Your Marriage Or Continue If: by Blazay(m): 11:33pm On Apr 19, 2011
It is not your decision really.
Does your fiancee not have 2 balls between his legs?
Is he marrying you or his family members?

I taya o!

When you peeps are phocking. . .are his family members there too? undecided
Re: Would U Quit Your Marriage Or Continue If: by lacuzy31: 11:09am On Apr 20, 2011
@ifyalways

the most weirdest part of it is that they haven't met me and i haven't met them. they just want their son to marry smbdy from their place.

for me i dont think i will have a problem with them like visiting them or them visiting, talking etc cos am a very simple person.
Re: Would U Quit Your Marriage Or Continue If: by baroong: 11:23am On Apr 20, 2011
Odunnu:

How did you know NLndrs are gud at yabs seeing you just registered and this is your 1st post.
Whats your other ID?

A lot people visit Nairaland without leaving a comment.
Re: Would U Quit Your Marriage Or Continue If: by pepperless: 12:26pm On Apr 22, 2011
my candid advice for u is to retrace ur footsteps cuz in africa a woman nt only marries d man buh his whole family and asides that dese family family ppl can go to any length wen dey dont wnt u to marry deir son. and again wld like u to consider d future can u lived rest of ur life in a family u r not wanted bw wise!!!
Re: Would U Quit Your Marriage Or Continue If: by ifyalways(f): 3:23pm On Apr 22, 2011
lacuzy31:

@ifyalways

the most weirdest part of it is that they haven't met me and i haven't met them. they just want their son to marry smbdy from their place.

for me i dont think i will have a problem with them like visiting them or them visiting, talking etc cos am a very simple person.

Then keep ur fingers crossed and wait till when u meet them.

Please 2 things:Don't pretend to be who u are not just to impress them.

Don't try to buy their love with gifts or money.
Be ur usual self,open and very honest,friendly but not foolish.If they don't talk to you,try getting them to talk but don't be too forward or pushy.

Goodluck.

Don't forget,you are not yet bound by anything,the exit door is STILL open IF it does not work.
Re: Would U Quit Your Marriage Or Continue If: by Ferya(f): 4:52pm On Apr 27, 2011
@ifyalways Good advise!!!!!

My dear, try to be yourself but, don't force yourself on them if they later did not accept you, believe me another

person will come for you. You need a peaceful home and in-laws since you are not fire type cheesy cheesy Remember you

are not just marrying the man but his family too. However, that man you are about to

marry can talk to his people on your good qualities, it make things easy undecided.

Finally, pray more. One with God is majority. Goodluck grin
Re: Would U Quit Your Marriage Or Continue If: by Nobody: 10:21pm On Apr 27, 2011
Your fiance should stand up for you.
Re: Would U Quit Your Marriage Or Continue If: by premedshow: 3:54am On May 01, 2011
It depends on the guy's reaction, I would do a "soul talk" with my man and if he is willing to stand by me through thick and thin (maybe to the extent of separating from his family) then I would stand by him. I know that sounds mean but you can't marry a man who can't fight or stand by you in this case. If you do eventually marry him and his family doesn't like you and he supports everything they do to you, then you would regret getting married to him on the long run because you can only push a woman so far.
    On the other side let's assume that the problem is not theirs but yours then you have to figure out why they don't like you and if like you said its just a tribe issue, then you need to know how your man feels about it. Good luck!
Re: Would U Quit Your Marriage Or Continue If: by lacuzy31: 2:04pm On May 12, 2011
@ifyalways, premdshow and yield: tanx

expecting more sincere advice
Re: Would U Quit Your Marriage Or Continue If: by dani1luv: 4:06pm On May 12, 2011
lacuzy31:

plz friends advice me. What do you if your fiancés loves you but his family doesn't like you all because they want him to marry from their town.

would you quit or continue and if you have to stay how do you handle the whole situation (the family).

please i want your honest opinion no yarbingss jor.

thanks.
Don't you watch Nollywood Movies undecided
Re: Would U Quit Your Marriage Or Continue If: by DBestDoc(f): 5:08pm On May 12, 2011
My sis inlaw was also faced with dis kind of situation.B/4 she got married 2 ma bros,ma mum objected 2 dere marriage 4 some nasty reasons even b/4 seeing her in person.But trust me, she is d best sister/daughter inlaw any1 can have.
Pray about it and leave all 2 God.I'm sure if ure meant 2 b in dat family u'll definitely be dere but if not dnt borher urself.Ur fiance also has a role 2 play here
RELAX

(1) (Reply)

Get A Computer For Your Kids Today @ Reduced Price / Were U Ever Beaten By Your Mother?? / Leaving My Three Year Old In Other People's Care Terrifies Me. Is This Normal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.