Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,944 members, 7,806,732 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:07 PM

Rachel Bakam Dies Of Anaemia At 38 (Photos) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Rachel Bakam Dies Of Anaemia At 38 (Photos) (65087 Views)

Igor Oleksandrovych Vovkovinskiy Is Dead! America's Tallest Man Dies At 38 / Photos From Rachel Bakam's Burial / Rachel Bakam Candle Night In Abuja: Committee Of Friends Converge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rachel Bakam Dies Of Anaemia At 38 (Photos) by olatade(m): 3:25am On Apr 14, 2021
A popular Nigerian television presenter, Rachel Bakam, has died at the age of 38. The mother of one died from anaemia.

In an exclusive chat with The PUNCH, her brother, Armstrong Bakam, revealed that Rachel died at 12pm on Tuesday afternoon with her mother by her bedside.

Armstrong said, “She had anaemia; so, she was taken to the hospital on Friday and she died this afternoon at about 12pm. I was not with her when she died, but her mother was by her side.

“Before Friday, she fell ill and was admitted for some days but she was discharged and taken home. However, she was returned to the hospital on Friday.

“Right now, her mother is not in the right frame of mind to speak. Rachel was 38 years old when she died; she would have clocked 39 on September 11. She had a son.”

Armstrong further revealed that the family was in shock as Rachel reached out to them for prayers via the family group chat on Sunday and everyone thought she was recovering.

He said, “We will really miss her because her death is a shocking and devastating news to the family. In fact, the whole family is actually troubled and quite a number of people are yet to believe that it is actually true.

“On our family WhatsApp group, she posted that she needs our prayers while she was in the hospital on Sunday; people were wishing her well and she was responding with amen. Quite a number of people felt she was recuperating but the news of her death is a huge shock.”

He noted that she would be missed because she had a large heart.

“She was actually my niece because her father was my first cousin. I will miss her because she was a very lovely person. She was always smiling and she was down to earth. She was always accommodating because she had a large heart,” Armstrong said.

Rachel was born and brought up in Kaduna State where she had her primary, secondary, and tertiary education.

She studied English and Theatre Arts at Ahmadu Bello University and Digital Filmmaking at the New York Film academy.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/popular-tv-presenter-rachel-bakam-dies-at-38/%3famp

4 Likes

Re: Rachel Bakam Dies Of Anaemia At 38 (Photos) by AllenSpencer: 3:35am On Apr 14, 2021
“We are all alone, born alone, die alone, and—in spite of True Romance magazines—we shall all someday look back on our lives and see that, in spite of our company, we were alone the whole way. I do not say lonely—at least, not all the time—but essentially, and finally, alone. This is what makes your self-respect so important, and I don't see how you can respect yourself if you must look in the hearts and minds of others for your happiness.”

― Hunter S. Thompson, The Proud Highway: Saga of a Desperate Southern Gentleman, 1955-1967

73 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Rachel Bakam Dies Of Anaemia At 38 (Photos) by jo1783: 5:36am On Apr 14, 2021
AllenSpencer:
“We are all alone, born alone, die alone, and—in spite of True Romance magazines—we shall all someday look back on our lives and see that, in spite of our company, we were alone the whole way. I do not say lonely—at least, not all the time—but essentially, and finally, alone. This is what makes your self-respect so important, and I don't see how you can respect yourself if you must look in the hearts and minds of others for your happiness.”

― Hunter S. Thompson, The Proud Highway: Saga of a Desperate Southern Gentleman, 1955-1967

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rachel Bakam Dies Of Anaemia At 38 (Photos) by femi4: 6:14am On Apr 14, 2021
Too young to die

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rachel Bakam Dies Of Anaemia At 38 (Photos) by MrExcel(m): 6:34am On Apr 14, 2021
Kasham Mmayo, bzyin naat, se ziba.

13 Likes

Re: Rachel Bakam Dies Of Anaemia At 38 (Photos) by Adeniyi9462(m): 8:03am On Apr 14, 2021
WTF, R I P
Re: Rachel Bakam Dies Of Anaemia At 38 (Photos) by Goldbw122(m): 8:04am On Apr 14, 2021
no picture
Re: Rachel Bakam Dies Of Anaemia At 38 (Photos) by Goldbw122(m): 8:05am On Apr 14, 2021
no picture, well RIP
Re: Rachel Bakam Dies Of Anaemia At 38 (Photos) by Olayinka777(m): 8:33am On Apr 14, 2021
Oh may God rest her soul! I think she dated John Fashanu,I remember once seeing them together some years ago at Silverbird Abuja.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rachel Bakam Dies Of Anaemia At 38 (Photos) by odaniel1(m): 10:42am On Apr 14, 2021
One of the most promising Millenials in the Nigerian Media Industry! I particularly liked how she handled her journalism pushing boundaries a lot of communicators couldn't.

16 Likes

Re: Rachel Bakam Dies Of Anaemia At 38 (Photos) by eveninnewspaper: 12:34pm On Apr 14, 2021
Jesus Christ!!!

1 Like

Re: Rachel Bakam Dies Of Anaemia At 38 (Photos) by setobaba: 12:34pm On Apr 14, 2021
God be merciful

2 Likes

Re: Rachel Bakam Dies Of Anaemia At 38 (Photos) by Dozie32(m): 12:34pm On Apr 14, 2021
Rip good person..
Re: Rachel Bakam Dies Of Anaemia At 38 (Photos) by tiswell(m): 12:34pm On Apr 14, 2021
Rip damsel

1 Like

Re: Rachel Bakam Dies Of Anaemia At 38 (Photos) by Blankstare(m): 12:35pm On Apr 14, 2021
RIP sister
Re: Rachel Bakam Dies Of Anaemia At 38 (Photos) by Famocious(m): 12:35pm On Apr 14, 2021
RIP Rachel.. So sad embarassed
Re: Rachel Bakam Dies Of Anaemia At 38 (Photos) by Omaticaya225(m): 12:35pm On Apr 14, 2021
Rip
Re: Rachel Bakam Dies Of Anaemia At 38 (Photos) by Tboysalau(m): 12:35pm On Apr 14, 2021
May her gentle soul rest in perfect peace

BTW Anaemia is not a diagnosis
There must be something causing the anaemia

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rachel Bakam Dies Of Anaemia At 38 (Photos) by Romanoff(f): 12:35pm On Apr 14, 2021
femi4:
Too young to die

Them dey abort pikin wey dey belle o.

No one is too young to die, the most important thing is how well we live our lives on earth.

18 Likes

Re: Rachel Bakam Dies Of Anaemia At 38 (Photos) by LZAA: 12:36pm On Apr 14, 2021
RIP Ma'am
Re: Rachel Bakam Dies Of Anaemia At 38 (Photos) by Houseofglam7(f): 12:36pm On Apr 14, 2021
So damn painful.
Rest in peace The Piper cry

1 Like

Re: Rachel Bakam Dies Of Anaemia At 38 (Photos) by lanre4411(m): 12:37pm On Apr 14, 2021
odaniel1:
One of the most promising Millenials in the Nigerian Media Industry! I particularly liked how she handled her journalism pushing boundaries a lot of communicators couldn't.
yes very generous and humble. It's very painful RIP RTV
Re: Rachel Bakam Dies Of Anaemia At 38 (Photos) by Moneyminded1(f): 12:37pm On Apr 14, 2021
Jesus Christ shocked oh nooo why? Rest in peace Rachel ,I can't believe I'm typing this cry cry
This just spoilt my today cry Rachel cry cry nooo

1 Like

Re: Rachel Bakam Dies Of Anaemia At 38 (Photos) by Bahamas95(m): 12:38pm On Apr 14, 2021
Nawa, so this pretty lady is gone.

Uwa di egwu, RIP to her.
Re: Rachel Bakam Dies Of Anaemia At 38 (Photos) by visijo(m): 12:38pm On Apr 14, 2021
Painful exit! Rip

1 Like

Re: Rachel Bakam Dies Of Anaemia At 38 (Photos) by KingLennon(m): 12:38pm On Apr 14, 2021
Imagine your daughter dying right before ur very eyes. Damn! Life is crazy....

RIP dear

Kill me and that's talent wasted--Drake

4 Likes

Re: Rachel Bakam Dies Of Anaemia At 38 (Photos) by TolueneDc(m): 12:39pm On Apr 14, 2021
RIP

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos Of The Lady Accusing Timaya Of Rape / Pregnant Lady Tattoos Mayorkun On Her Stomach. Singer Reacts (Photos) / The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.