Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,061 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:17 AM

Nigeria Vs Cameroun Ends 0-1: Oh Oh! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Cameroun Ends 0-1: Oh Oh! (7709 Views)

Poll: What Result Are You Predicting?

Nigeria Wins: 91% (78 votes)
A Draw: 2% (2 votes)
Cameroun Wins: 5% (5 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 / Nigeria Vs Germany (0 - 1): FIFA U-20 Women WC Final On 8th August 2014 / AWC 2012: Nigeria Vs Cameroun (2 - 1) On Monday October-29 -2012 (2) (3) (4)

Nigeria Vs Cameroun Ends 0-1: Oh Oh! by semid4lyfe(m): 11:25pm On Apr 19, 2011
Match: Nigeria vs Cameroun
(Africa Youth Championship 2011)

Venue: Dobsonville Stadium, Johannesburg, South Africa.

Date: Thursday, April 21

Time: 11am Nigerian Time

[center]PREVIEW[/center]
The Flying Eagles of Nigeria could take a decisive step towards the 2011 African Youth Championship semifinals and secure a ticket  to the Columbia 2011 U-20 FIFA World Cup with a win against Cameroun in their Group B encounter at the Dobsonville Stadium, Johannesburg on Thursday.

Both teams are tied on 3 points on the log table although the Flying Eagles occupy the top position having scored a goal more than their Camerounian counterparts. Nigeria beat Ghana 2-1 in it's opening match while Cameroun secured a lone goal victory over Gambia.

Cameroon and  Nigeria have met on 4 occasions in the past with Cameroun winning 3 of those encounters: 2-0 in 2007 group stage, 2-1 in 1995 semis and 1-0 in 1993 group stage. Nigeria only defeated Cameroon once 2-1 in 1999 semis.

Kick-off is set for 11am Nigerian time and match will definitely be on DSTV (Supersport 9). Perhaps NTA and/or AIT will show it this time since the election coverage is over/ doesn't coincide with it undecided. So what's your prediction. . . .a victory, a Draw or a Loss? Drop your comments, opinions and lets know what you think

Hope the goodluck that followed them in their first match will follow them in this one too grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroun Ends 0-1: Oh Oh! by chelseabmw(m): 3:14am On Apr 20, 2011
Nigeria to win 2 - 1
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroun Ends 0-1: Oh Oh! by Nobody: 4:16am On Apr 20, 2011
hmmmm. grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroun Ends 0-1: Oh Oh! by Kajiang02(m): 4:52am On Apr 20, 2011
always naija,
Nig 3-1 Cam
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroun Ends 0-1: Oh Oh! by searay(m): 7:30am On Apr 20, 2011
I wish them GOODLUCK
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroun Ends 0-1: Oh Oh! by mdbabah(m): 7:53am On Apr 20, 2011
Flyin eagles will fly na ni
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroun Ends 0-1: Oh Oh! by adebayo201: 7:59am On Apr 20, 2011
Flying eagles, fly!
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroun Ends 0-1: Oh Oh! by FBS: 8:05am On Apr 20, 2011
A win. Lets go there!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroun Ends 0-1: Oh Oh! by Nonymartin(m): 8:22am On Apr 20, 2011
I now highly believe in what ever nigerians are doing. Since we have actually come back to our sences. So we are blessed with goodluck. So we expect succeses. I mean wins
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroun Ends 0-1: Oh Oh! by Nonymartin(m): 8:29am On Apr 20, 2011
I now highly believe in what ever nigerians are doing. Since we have actually come back to our sences. So we are blessed with goodluck. So we expect succeses. I mean wins
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroun Ends 0-1: Oh Oh! by Nonymartin(m): 8:30am On Apr 20, 2011
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroun Ends 0-1: Oh Oh! by Nonymartin(m): 8:32am On Apr 20, 2011
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroun Ends 0-1: Oh Oh! by T101: 8:36am On Apr 20, 2011
may be 3-1
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroun Ends 0-1: Oh Oh! by timpaker(m): 8:40am On Apr 20, 2011
it will be 3-1 in favour of naija
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroun Ends 0-1: Oh Oh! by Nonymartin(m): 8:48am On Apr 20, 2011
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroun Ends 0-1: Oh Oh! by ibroauthen(m): 9:02am On Apr 20, 2011
As a 2ru nigerian i have 2 support my country.Nigeria 2-0 Cameroun
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroun Ends 0-1: Oh Oh! by RuuDie(m): 9:15am On Apr 20, 2011
Nigeria 0 - 2 Cameroon
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroun Ends 0-1: Oh Oh! by phreakabit(m): 9:58am On Apr 20, 2011
I dont know who will win but I know Cameroun players will break like 3 peoples leg that day! grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroun Ends 0-1: Oh Oh! by Iyineda(m): 10:33am On Apr 20, 2011
Nigeria will win this with relative ease: 2-0.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroun Ends 0-1: Oh Oh! by tainot2002(m): 10:36am On Apr 20, 2011
RuuDie:

Nigeria 0 - 2 Cameroon
phreakabit:

I dont know who will win but I know Cameroun players will break like 3 peoples leg that day! grin

Too bad!, none of the players' leg will be broken, haba! We are still morning the great loss of our outstanding defender::OLUFEMI ADEBAYO and u are sending another course to our beloved players that went to defend the country's image.Na wa ooooo.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroun Ends 0-1: Oh Oh! by obongtunji: 10:51am On Apr 20, 2011
GOODLUCK TO ME
GOODLUCK TO YOU
GOODLUCK TO FLYING EAGLES
GOODLUCK NIGERIA
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroun Ends 0-1: Oh Oh! by Koolking(m): 10:55am On Apr 20, 2011
Nigeria 3 Cameroun 2
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroun Ends 0-1: Oh Oh! by phreakabit(m): 11:03am On Apr 20, 2011
tainot2002:

Too bad!, none of the players' leg will be broken, haba! We are still morning the great loss of our outstanding defender::OLUFEMI ADEBAYO and u are sending another course to our beloved players that went to defend the country's image.Na wa ooooo.

Na im be say you no know Cameroun!
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroun Ends 0-1: Oh Oh! by gozick(m): 11:40am On Apr 20, 2011
Naija 4life Nigeria 2-1 cam.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroun Ends 0-1: Oh Oh! by gozick(m): 11:41am On Apr 20, 2011
Naija 4life Nigeria 2-1 cam.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroun Ends 0-1: Oh Oh! by omo9ja1(m): 11:50am On Apr 20, 2011
well we just have to wait and see after 90minutes, put sentiment I want Nigeria to win
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroun Ends 0-1: Oh Oh! by Gamel(m): 11:59am On Apr 20, 2011
This team is the new team that will make Nigeria proud in world football very soon. Watch out.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroun Ends 0-1: Oh Oh! by adebayo201: 12:23pm On Apr 20, 2011
Gamel:

This team is the new team that will make Nigeria proud in world football very soon. Watch out.

flying eagles du make 9ja proud not just today
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroun Ends 0-1: Oh Oh! by elctroguru(m): 1:18pm On Apr 20, 2011
Cameroon Under — Cameroon Under-20 Coach, Martin Ndtoungou Mpile has said that the Flying Eagles should be scared of his junior Indomitable Lions side, when both teams clash tomorrow, in a battle of supremacy at the ongoing African Youth Championships in South Africa.

Cameroon kicked off their campaign at the biennial tourney with a 1-0 win over Gambia while the Nigerians ran out with an impressive 2-1 victory over defending world champions, Ghana on Monday, two results that have added fire to tomorrow's match at the the Dobsonville Stadium in Johannesburg.

Speaking to cafonline after the opening win against Gambia, Coach Mpile said that it was very important to start the tourney with a win, adding that his sights are now set on the Nigerian match.

" I am very happy to have won my first game of the tournament. To us, it was very important. My boys fought very hard before a very tough Gambian team, they gave their all and the result today is very comforting. We can now concentrate to win our next game".

On his goals coming into this tournament, Coach Mpile said that "to seek for a qualification for the World Cup(in Columbia. But first we have to qualify for the semi finals and it is important that we win our coming games to secure a place".

Speaking on tomorrow's game against the Flying Eagles, the Cameroonian coach said that his side were not afraid of their foes.

"This is a competition, why qualify if you are afraid of playing a certain team. We are not afraid of Nigeria; rather, they should fear us. We are to play and win and Nigeria should not be of any concern to us", he added
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroun Ends 0-1: Oh Oh! by Pappij: 1:46pm On Apr 20, 2011
^^ the crop of this players won the under-17 african champiships and were finalists at the U-17 World Cup. I trust this boys to shine. Nigeria 3 Cameroun 0
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroun Ends 0-1: Oh Oh! by leahdee(f): 2:34pm On Apr 20, 2011
Nigerians too empty vessels.There is one thing i know,Cameroonians are great football warriors if not anything.Don't know if u guys read d analysis up dere, CMR_NIG met four times,Nig won only once.
CMR has even won Nig in their own country.
   Why too much noise? Just wait and watch the match.No by mouth but by leg. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroun Ends 0-1: Oh Oh! by leahdee(f): 2:40pm On Apr 20, 2011
Nigerians too empty vessels.There is one thing i know,Cameroonians are great football warriors if not anything.Don't know if u guys read d analysis up dere, CMR_NIG met four times,Nig won only once.
CMR has even won Nig in their own country.
  Why too much noise? Just wait and watch the match.No by mouth but by leg. tongue tongue tongue

~Wimbledon 2009~ / Britain Deports Its Five Gold Medal Nigerian Hero / Samson Siasia To Sue NFF For 1 Billion Naira ('Wrongful Termination')