Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,380 members, 7,808,356 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:47 AM

How Can We Move Nigeria Forward? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Can We Move Nigeria Forward? (3219 Views)

The Talents Igbo, Housa, Yoruba Has That Can Be Used To Move Nigeria Forward. / Biogas Plant Using Kitchen And Food Waste - A way forward for Nigeria / Onward Paper Mill Private Placement, What Is The Way Forward? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can We Move Nigeria Forward? by walemuse(m): 3:39pm On Feb 08, 2006
Please this is a question every Nairalander most answer. How can we move Nigeria forward?
Re: How Can We Move Nigeria Forward? by qleyo(f): 1:03pm On Feb 20, 2006
The answer to this question is endless,

Nigeria really needs to industrialise, and this should be headed by its people especially those living abroad who have seen how things "should" work.

There needs to be improved connectivity (the gsm era has done a good job, but the internet needs to do the same)
Improved consumer goods production (groceries, clothes etc!)
Improved education, and this one is a little policitical.

These systems all need to work together. There needs to be a database of citizens and records, so people do not get away with things too easily.
There is so much, the summary of it really is, everyone needs to start thinking of this same subject, taking a bit of the action and doing it.
Re: How Can We Move Nigeria Forward? by uche1(m): 4:37pm On Feb 20, 2006
Time has come for Nigerians in all spheres of life to imbibe the culture of honesty and transparency, since corruption, greed and other social vices are all rooted in dishonesty.
While canvassing teaching of honesty and diligence by religious sects, participants also urged that all clergies, political leaders and civil servants should shun ostentatious lifestyles that create the impression that money can be acquired through miracles and not hardwork.
Also, there is need for an all round development of the citizens through provision of efficient institutions, structures and systems. In the same way, there must be a vigorous public enlightenment programme in order to educate the populace on the nature, types and consequences of corruption on the citizens and the society at large.
thanks
Re: How Can We Move Nigeria Forward? by Kokscity(m): 5:43pm On Feb 21, 2006
Question:How can we move Nigeria forward?

Answer:By leaving the Country.

Kokscity believes Nigeria is beyond repair and i advice you to" run for your life".
Re: How Can We Move Nigeria Forward? by otokx(m): 6:43pm On Feb 21, 2006
by being straight foward and honest without sentiments.
Re: How Can We Move Nigeria Forward? by folababa: 8:21pm On Feb 21, 2006
Go to russia, buy a nuclear bomb, detonate and kill evryone above 5yrs. Including I. That my friend is the solution. Just like hitler,
Re: How Can We Move Nigeria Forward? by hola2ng(m): 8:45pm On Feb 21, 2006
Re: How Can We Move Nigeria Forward? by Idekeson(m): 9:23pm On Feb 21, 2006
By educating our illiterate brothers up North.
Re: How Can We Move Nigeria Forward? by luridguy(m): 11:10pm On Feb 21, 2006
Kokscity:

Kokscity believes Nigeria is beyond repair and i advice you to" run for your life".

by shuting up people with this kind of stupid mentallity angry
Re: How Can We Move Nigeria Forward? by princeonx: 2:20am On Feb 22, 2006
Moving Nigeria forward? let me know when you find a solution! I remember back in early 80's or so wey musicians dey sing and ask which way Nigeria?, Nigeria go/must survive, Nigerians unit! no matter the language you speak, and so on! little did we know that Nigeria was Brand New then! and here you are after 2 decades asking the same question! e no funny for real!
Re: How Can We Move Nigeria Forward? by Kokscity(m): 2:30am On Feb 22, 2006
Luridguy

It does not help to sweep the truth underneath the rug, Nigeria in 2006 is worse than Nigeria in 1986. There are not many countries in the world with all this wealth,you can say that about. Keep on shutting people up, and living in your acceptable chaos!

Kokscity believes free speech is a Human right!
Re: How Can We Move Nigeria Forward? by zarah(f): 12:47pm On Feb 22, 2006
Idekeson:

By educating our illiterate brothers up North.
OBVIOUSLY, NIGERIA CAN NEVER MOVE FORWARD, WITH PEOPLE LIKE YOU.
Re: How Can We Move Nigeria Forward? by Idekeson(m): 3:45pm On Feb 22, 2006
@zarah
I'll rather stand still, until everybody is on the same page, so folks like you don't have ignorant masses to use and foment trouble.
Re: How Can We Move Nigeria Forward? by babwilms(m): 6:23pm On Feb 23, 2006
The problem in that country is too much even though i've been out of their long time ago, but want to back to play my part for moving it forward. List of things that should be done includes:
1. Secuirty is very much important so as to get most these industries and companies in the world to come and invest in nigeria (this will provide jobs for our graduates and will also bring money into the economy)
2. Electricity is very important, this will enable
3. Control importation, ban does goods that can be made in nigeria and start exporting them to other countries
4. Stop relying on Oil money and start investing in agriculture
5. Education sector needs to improve rapidly to be mntioned in the same breath as the western world
6. Every state governor should start striving hard for his state and not relying on the fedral goverment
7. Stop borrowing money and start working with what we've got in our country
8. Basically follow what china has been doing
their are obviously more than these
8. before i forget, we need the fear of God inside every single citizen
Re: How Can We Move Nigeria Forward? by Kokscity(m): 6:50pm On Feb 23, 2006
@Babs

God has done his best for us. He gave us all this natural resources and we have wasted,stolen everything. I say just give up, and leave that death trap.

Kokscity!!
Re: How Can We Move Nigeria Forward? by slazzy(m): 2:10pm On Feb 24, 2006
moving nigeria forward? Its only by divine intervention. The only practical way is revolution but who's gonna lead the revolution? i think all we have to do is to pray to God to hasten up in changing the face of the earth. Cheers
Re: How Can We Move Nigeria Forward? by dblock(m): 5:39am On Feb 25, 2006
By not screwing up the country then travelling abroad to critcize the country and people trying to make the place better.
Re: How Can We Move Nigeria Forward? by Txlonghorn(m): 5:48am On Feb 25, 2006
We can split the country in two North and South. They split the States all the time, why can't they just split the messed up Country. The last time I checked, there was 19 States now it's like OMG!! I don't even know how many States we have in Nigeria *shame*
Re: How Can We Move Nigeria Forward? by Ynot(m): 10:57pm On Feb 26, 2006
Kokscity:

Leave the country to where? Most countries don't even want you near em. Be realistic.
Re: How Can We Move Nigeria Forward? by eliztoy(f): 8:05am On Feb 28, 2006
By divine intervention,we can move Nigeria forward.
Individually,we all can move Nigeria forward.
Before we correct our leaders,let's correct ourselves.
The major problem we have in Nigeria is corruption,which a large percentage of us are guilty of in our various fields.
God bless Nigeria.
Re: How Can We Move Nigeria Forward? by Larufa(m): 2:19pm On Mar 01, 2006
Hi guys to make Nigeria works, let force OBJ to fix NEPA and the Police Force. Also Obeying the rule of the laws with adequate funding of our education. Why u may ask?

NEPA, sorry PHCN, most work in order to create jobs and to increase productivity. With these the will be less tension and crime in the country, as explemified by an old adage: An idle hand is the devil workshop.

Police Force most be reformed or reorganised inorder for them to focus more on crime prevention and effective investigations. Not the usual pepper soup joint intelliengce report writing. An investor will never coming to a country where is Life and properties is not secured.

Please Leave God out of Nigeria problems, our are man made. The Almight God has given us more than anything we might need to progress.
Re: How Can We Move Nigeria Forward? by Danasco(m): 7:09pm On Mar 01, 2006
The onlyway forward is to put country first before self. every other thing will follow after and in sequence.

@idekeson.

It ia a pity that at this age you are so myopic and childish to think that illitracy in the north is the problem with your country.
I wish you good luck AJAYI CROWTHER SON.

We all must be mature in addressing issues of grate importance such as this. only cowards and unpatriotic chicken hearted will make such an observations. with due respect to your personality, you have shown and displayed your level of illitracy. Permit me my dear friend to appologise to you if u fill bad about this reply. but this is the candid truth. stay bless
Re: How Can We Move Nigeria Forward? by Idekeson(m): 7:47pm On Mar 01, 2006
@Danasco
Thank God you had access to knowledge to appreciate the values of tolerance or you'll be running around with the unfortunate ignorant fools up north killing innocent people. Whether it's politically correct or not, the level of ignorance up north contributes immensely to their been used by their leaders to foment trouble in the name of religion.
Re: How Can We Move Nigeria Forward? by Puleza(m): 8:53am On Mar 02, 2006
[b]Hi,

I'm not a Nigerian but as an African I think I'm a Nigerian at heart. I think the middle class of Nigeria holds the key to making sure that the country becomes succesful. We as Africans are very much dedicated to the religions that were imposed upon us by Europeans, but we fail to be dedicated the same way towards making sure that the economy of the likes of Nigeria booms.

I think that meetings should be held by the middle-class and the poor who are serious about businesses and all. It will take the people od Nigeria's efforts to make sure that their country becomes succesful. I think that Proudly Nigerian mentality should be started at lower primary schools and children should also be taught not to throw papers on the streets and they should preserve the beuty of their country.

I love Nigeria and I believe that not only oil can make Nigeria the best in the world but the hard work of the people will. Go out there talk to the likes of Pepsi, Coca-Cola, MTN etc, tell them to support your business like having to build plastic shelters for the people who are selling at street corners. Talk to your local municipalities to impose laws that will make sure that for ever projects that you have at leats half of the people should be coming form the place where the project is.

Come on people, you can do it. For the fact that you manged to start this kind of a topic it simply means that you are concerned. negetive people who fled Nigeria and other African countries should stay where they are. We must work together and share the wealth of our beutiful continent. We as the working class we need to use this kinds of media to share ideas. [/b] [color=#990000][/color]
Re: How Can We Move Nigeria Forward? by Kokscity(m): 12:56pm On Mar 02, 2006
@Puleza

What Middle Class? There is Rich and Poor in that country period.
Re: How Can We Move Nigeria Forward? by Danasco(m): 12:52pm On Mar 07, 2006
Idekeson, I love to hate joining issues, but with the arrogant display of your total lack of knowledge about the happenings around the North, i make bold to please asked you to make an observatory research on the North. find out the history of our predominant religion and seek knowledge about our culrtue.
The sonner you appreciate the irreconcilable difference between Your belive for the North and the realityy on ground, the grater for u.
agreed, the north has been rock by series of crisis termed to be "religioss". Did you from the pigment of your candid imagination ever seek to study the life pattern of an average Northener? I stand firmly on my integrity to be corrected, the most simplest of person in this part of the country is your brother up north.
Pls if you dont mind, lets discuss indepth through our mail addrerss. However, if you require my phone no so we can talk, . I will send you the no on request
Re: How Can We Move Nigeria Forward? by Idekeson(m): 2:15pm On Mar 07, 2006
@Danasco
If you can stand up to the intolerant majority in the North with the same zeal that you're joining issues with me, my goal is achieved, and Nigeria will be the winner for it.
Re: How Can We Move Nigeria Forward? by Danasco(m): 5:24pm On Mar 07, 2006
idekeson,
If i may ask you, were in this country will you not find zealous and over ambitiuos people? You see, this is an open forum, i beg of you reach me on my mail which i earlier gave you so i can disabuse your mind. You are so preoccupied with some myopic believe about north. Your stiff stance will take you no where. as a true nigerian who mean well for his country,fairness, fearness, courtesy and understanding will only forge us ahead.
My reply to you is base on my total judgement of your discourse patterning the north. you have develope disgust for North. Have you ever been to the northern Nigeria.
May i correct you of the impression that iam joining issues with you. I HAVE SEEN, TOUCHED, HEARD,BELIEVE AND PRACTICALLY demostrated ( if u understand me) that i have respect for every individual. I will never in my widest dream display arrogance to any person, group or association.

what ever your views are, how ever the North has wrong you, it deserves an iota of courtesy from you. As far as i remain in this forum i will not see you feed us with myopic and uncourteous ideas.
Re: How Can We Move Nigeria Forward? by walemuse(m): 7:34am On Mar 11, 2006
Thanks for your contributions.Let us start to do good and shut out negative thoughts fromour minds.

Nigeria go beta again
Re: How Can We Move Nigeria Forward? by otokx(m): 7:12pm On Apr 03, 2006
yes o, within the next 2 years there will be a clear manifestation of improvement.
Re: How Can We Move Nigeria Forward? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Oct 05, 2009
By Making Me the president, tongue
Re: How Can We Move Nigeria Forward? by franclin88(m): 10:28am On Oct 06, 2009
Nigeria can only move forward when you and I tell ourselves the truth and be sincere and stop discrimination,

believe in God

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Does One Identify Real Gold? / What Lucrative Business Can A Student Start With 2.5 Million Naira? / How To Start A Ploybag Industry Small Or Big

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.