Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,393 members, 7,808,381 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:15 AM

Governor Akeredolu And Wife, Betty Celebrate 40th Wedding Anniversary - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Akeredolu And Wife, Betty Celebrate 40th Wedding Anniversary (21434 Views)

Akeredolu’s Wife, Betty Writes Tribute To Her Late Husband / Photo Of Governor Akeredolu In Hospital With His Wife, Betty / Governor Akeredolu And His Wife, Betty, On Instagram Live Video Session (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Akeredolu And Wife, Betty Celebrate 40th Wedding Anniversary by Oluwamarc(m): 2:12pm On Apr 19, 2021
40TH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY: WE’II NOT FORGET OUR HUMBLE BEGINNING

• My Crossing The River Niger Is Worth It - Mrs Akeredolu

• I Married You For Life - Gov Akeredolu

Ondo State Governor, Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, SAN, and his Wife, Arabinrin Betty Anyanwu Akeredolu, on Sunday, April 18, 2021, celebrated their 40th Wedding Anniversary.

The celebration which was held at the residence of Governor Akeredolu’s mother in Ibadan, the Oyo State Capital, was organised by their children.

Close friends and associates of the Governor who witnessed the wedding ceremony 40 years ago were invited to the event to share in the moment of joy.

The low-key event was also witnessed by the Deputy Governor, Hon. Lucky Aiyedatiwa, and his Wife, Mrs Olúwaseun Aiyedatiwa; Speaker of the State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Bamidele Oleyelogun; Acting Chairman of the All Progressives Congress in Ondo State, Engr. Ade Adetimehin; Deputy Speaker, Rt. Hon. Samuel Aderoboye; Majority Leader, Hon. Oluwole Ogunmolasuyi; the Secretary to the State Government, Princess Oladunni Odu; Chief of Staff, Chief Gbenga Ale; Commissioner for Information and Orientation, Mr Donald Ojogo, and his counterpart in the Ministry of Finance, Mr Wale Akinterinwa.

Others include a member of the House of Assembly, Prince Abayomi Akinrutan; Special Adviser to the Governor on Union Matters and Special Duties, Mr Dare Aragbaiye; Commandant of the Ondo State Security Network, AMOTEKUN, Chief Tunji Adeleye; Chief Akin Olujinmi, friends of the Governor, associates and family members.

Governor Akeredolu, who described his wife as a wonderful mother and loving wife, disclosed that he had always loved her fierce independence.

While urging the people to be determined in their marriages, Governor Akeredolu declared that he had married his wife for life, adding that he was determined to marry only once.

The First Lady, Betty Anyanwu Akeredolu, narrated the humble beginning of their marriage, while vowing never to forget how the marriage started.

She further narrated how she lived with her husband in his mother's house in the early days of their marriage, saying her mother-in-law’s house represented their humble beginning.

Going down the memory lane, the First Lady said: "I fell in love with a dashing young man. He was really cute and handsome. People say love at first sight doesn’t last. But for me, it has lasted.

“Because of love, I crossed the Niger and I never knew where I was going. Marriage is not a bed of Roses. After all, Roses have thorns. You must carefully pull out the thorns so that they don’t hurt you. You must navigate through them.

“My father gave me a feather to fly. He trained me as a child, not as a girl. But my husband oiled that feather. I didn’t just fly, I soared. My crossing the River Niger was well worth it.”

� Nguher Gabrielle Zaki

https://ondoupdate.com/40th-wedding-anniversary-weii-not-forget-our-humble-beginning/

6 Likes

Re: Governor Akeredolu And Wife, Betty Celebrate 40th Wedding Anniversary by Oluwamarc(m): 2:12pm On Apr 19, 2021
A
Re: Governor Akeredolu And Wife, Betty Celebrate 40th Wedding Anniversary by Oluwamarc(m): 2:13pm On Apr 19, 2021
More Pictures

2 Likes

Re: Governor Akeredolu And Wife, Betty Celebrate 40th Wedding Anniversary by Oluwamarc(m): 2:15pm On Apr 19, 2021
Pictures

2 Likes

Re: Governor Akeredolu And Wife, Betty Celebrate 40th Wedding Anniversary by GeneralPula: 2:19pm On Apr 19, 2021
Betty no fit leave a Nigga...

Because of love, I crossed the Niger and I never knew where I was going. Marriage is not a bed of Roses. After all, Roses have thorns. You must carefully pull out the thorns so that they don’t hurt you. You must navigate through them.

Unfortunate, zeeworld has brainwashed a lot and they now think it’s a bed of roses..

23 Likes

Re: Governor Akeredolu And Wife, Betty Celebrate 40th Wedding Anniversary by VirginSearcher(m): 2:19pm On Apr 19, 2021
I don't like anything associated with APC and Buhari.. The dullard president should be thanking his God for South West massive support and votes if not dem no born im papa well to win 2015 election

1 Like

Re: Governor Akeredolu And Wife, Betty Celebrate 40th Wedding Anniversary by Faigi2010(m): 2:20pm On Apr 19, 2021
Ok
Re: Governor Akeredolu And Wife, Betty Celebrate 40th Wedding Anniversary by NaijaSumigan: 2:20pm On Apr 19, 2021
Okay nah! Hope the masses who voted you in Power are also celebrating like you both are celebrating.

NIGERIANS, your looters are celebrating. Would you rather pray for them? They come before you to show you the enjoyment of life..

It shall be I'll with every politicians who keeps putting the masses in any form of hardship IN JESUS MIGHTY NAME. AMEN

We rejoice with you Mr Governor.
Re: Governor Akeredolu And Wife, Betty Celebrate 40th Wedding Anniversary by ogub(m): 2:20pm On Apr 19, 2021
Congratulations sir more grace and Amen
Re: Governor Akeredolu And Wife, Betty Celebrate 40th Wedding Anniversary by lindareep: 2:20pm On Apr 19, 2021
AWESOME!!! CONGRATULATIONS

My people, PENIS ENLARGEMENT & DELAY EJACULATION wa o! wink
Promo: N5,000 (FREE DELIVERY)
NATIONWIDE DELIVERY!

1 Like

Re: Governor Akeredolu And Wife, Betty Celebrate 40th Wedding Anniversary by Queenlovely(f): 2:20pm On Apr 19, 2021
happy birthday
Re: Governor Akeredolu And Wife, Betty Celebrate 40th Wedding Anniversary by Phock2sweet: 2:20pm On Apr 19, 2021
okkk
Re: Governor Akeredolu And Wife, Betty Celebrate 40th Wedding Anniversary by Maroghene(m): 2:21pm On Apr 19, 2021
Good ride thus far
Re: Governor Akeredolu And Wife, Betty Celebrate 40th Wedding Anniversary by seedsower(m): 2:21pm On Apr 19, 2021
lovely
Re: Governor Akeredolu And Wife, Betty Celebrate 40th Wedding Anniversary by Revere27: 2:21pm On Apr 19, 2021
40 years no be beans oo grin

Happy married life Aketi and Fams wink

8 Likes

Re: Governor Akeredolu And Wife, Betty Celebrate 40th Wedding Anniversary by Dpharisee: 2:22pm On Apr 19, 2021
After quarreling daily on social media, these two tribes can't do without each other, they don't physically attack each to inflict harm because they are heavily entangle by intermarriage but will make noise online, their men and women like fcking themselves, I mean Igbo and Yoruba matter taya us here in the North.

Here in the North if you call somebody Afonja or Omo Nna they will change it for you and claim that you have abused the Prophet and a quick mob can be formed to take 'revenge' for prophet.
Congratulations to the Akeredolu family

3 Likes

Re: Governor Akeredolu And Wife, Betty Celebrate 40th Wedding Anniversary by Endurance29: 2:22pm On Apr 19, 2021
Aketi
Re: Governor Akeredolu And Wife, Betty Celebrate 40th Wedding Anniversary by Abdul090(m): 2:22pm On Apr 19, 2021
Samsung Galaxy F52 5G moniker revealed through Bluetooth certification.

A new Samsung phone with model number SM-E260 has appeared at the Bluetooth SIG authority. The listing has confirmed that it will carry support for Bluetooth 5.1, and it will be arriving in the market as the Galaxy F52 5G.

It will be the first F-series phone from the brand to carry support for 5G connectivity. The Bluetooth listing has no other information on its specifications. Since the above-mentioned F-series phones are available in India, it is likely that the F52 5G could also be arriving in the country in the near future.
Read Original: https://www.techboke.com/samsung-galaxy-f52-5g-moniker-revealed-through-bluetooth-certification/
Re: Governor Akeredolu And Wife, Betty Celebrate 40th Wedding Anniversary by ZendayaColeman(f): 2:23pm On Apr 19, 2021
Wow 40 years of marriage no be beans o

HWA Your Excellency and his beautiful wife

My beautiful parents will celebrate their 36th WA this August. God please keep them safe & healthy for their kids & grandkids IJN

8 Likes

Re: Governor Akeredolu And Wife, Betty Celebrate 40th Wedding Anniversary by Diamond8888: 2:23pm On Apr 19, 2021
congratulations
Re: Governor Akeredolu And Wife, Betty Celebrate 40th Wedding Anniversary by Rahkman: 2:23pm On Apr 19, 2021
The way ipob women dey hunt Afonja gbola ehn by 2085 no ipob woman go remain east again grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Akeredolu And Wife, Betty Celebrate 40th Wedding Anniversary by Reelmii: 2:24pm On Apr 19, 2021
Money kept them going... in my opinion ooo
Re: Governor Akeredolu And Wife, Betty Celebrate 40th Wedding Anniversary by Oizee(f): 2:25pm On Apr 19, 2021
HWA, more grace in ur homes
Re: Governor Akeredolu And Wife, Betty Celebrate 40th Wedding Anniversary by Chicastle: 2:26pm On Apr 19, 2021
Only congratulations is all I have to say
Re: Governor Akeredolu And Wife, Betty Celebrate 40th Wedding Anniversary by Bossil(m): 2:27pm On Apr 19, 2021
Congrats
Re: Governor Akeredolu And Wife, Betty Celebrate 40th Wedding Anniversary by damiloladuke: 2:27pm On Apr 19, 2021
interesting
Re: Governor Akeredolu And Wife, Betty Celebrate 40th Wedding Anniversary by Tigaromil: 2:28pm On Apr 19, 2021
Wow congratulations

Re: Governor Akeredolu And Wife, Betty Celebrate 40th Wedding Anniversary by Lovelyn451(f): 2:30pm On Apr 19, 2021
wow...her crossing the river Niger is worth it, lol, this is one in a million sha, all the others that crossed ended in divorce, me I'm not crossing
Re: Governor Akeredolu And Wife, Betty Celebrate 40th Wedding Anniversary by muykem: 2:32pm On Apr 19, 2021
That woman will be like in next life, I will still marry Yoruba man.

1 Like

Re: Governor Akeredolu And Wife, Betty Celebrate 40th Wedding Anniversary by Authoreety: 2:32pm On Apr 19, 2021
Congratulations
Re: Governor Akeredolu And Wife, Betty Celebrate 40th Wedding Anniversary by Ipromote: 2:33pm On Apr 19, 2021
Politics aside, Congratulations on your anniversary. wink

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fayemi: Buhari Should Campaign For His Candidate At Eagle's Square (Video) / Convoy Attack: Tambuwal Vows To Bring Perpetrators To Book / Jang Is Old Enough To Be Amaechi's Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.