Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,857 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:19 AM

Easter Gift: “the Christian God: Blood And Human Sacrifice” - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Easter Gift: “the Christian God: Blood And Human Sacrifice” (5796 Views)

If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? / The Pioneers (Fathers) Of The Christian Faith In Nigeria / Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Easter Gift: “the Christian God: Blood And Human Sacrifice” by LagosShia: 3:35pm On Apr 21, 2011
(NOTE:
"Easter Gift:"the Christian God:Blood and Human Sacrifice" is written by "LagosShia" and sharing and reproducing this material is free and acceptable by me for the sake of Almighty God).

[size=18pt]"Easter Gift: “the Christian God: Blood And Human Sacrifice”[/size]

It is of great amazement to know that men of knowledge and intellect and particularly professionals who believe in Christianity do celebrate human sacrifice and the shedding of an innocent human being’s blood to mark the so called redemption of humanity. If the god of Christianity can carry out human sacrifice then what is the difference between Christianity and tradition African religions which support human sacrifice? In our world of today, upon hearing the term “human sacrifice”, everyone freaks out and considers it barbaric. On the other hand, Christians up to this day annually commemorates human sacrifice and in fact have made it the basic and most fundamental tenet of their faith that without it there would be no Christianity.

1 Corinthians 15
And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.

Galatians 2:21
I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

In Christianity “human sacrifice” is God’s “grace” while the same people would continue to condemn traditional religions if they employ human sacrifice. Why the double standard since “human sacrifice” is “human sacrifice”. Is it not time for Christians with intellect and logic to identify the barbarity involved in celebrating Easter and all that connects to the alleged killing of Jesus (human sacrifice)? Should governments around the world not stop the commemoration of such barbaric practice commemorating what is believed to be a father killing his own son and offering him as a sacrifice? And come to think of it, can God, the universal Supreme Being and the almighty who possesses all and everything, sacrifice anything? Can God sacrifice anything? Do you really know the meaning of “sacrifice”? To sacrifice means to give up or abandon something. Does your God who owns everything and made everything and can also destroy everything be in the position of humans to sacrifice anything? Is it true that God can give up something and loses it? It’s not impossible and “sacrifice” is not compatible with the concept and belief of an Almighty God who is universal, the beginner of everything and the bringer to an end of everything.

In the same bible that Christians hold as holy we find verses denouncing human sacrifice and also denouncing parents sacrificing their children. But here we have Christians hypocritically accepting and celebrating their “heavenly father” killing his “son” to neutralize sin a mysterious sin that they themselves did not commit but one attributed to Adam in the name of “original sin”. The same bible does inform us that sin cannot be passed through from one person to another nor can it be inherited:

Ezekiel 18:20
20The soul that sinned, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father; neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

IF GOD IN THE OLD TESTAMENT DENOUNCES HUMAN SACRIFICE AND HE ALSO DENOUNCES PARENTS WHO SACRIFICE THEIR CHILDREN AND HE ABORTED ABRAHAM’S SLAUGHTERING OF HIS SON (SINCE IT WAS ONLY MEANT TO BE A TEST),THEN WHY DO CHRISTIANS AND THEIR NEW TESTAMENT PRESCRIBE TO GOD WHAT HE HAS REJECTED?

Deuteronomy 12:31
31Thou shall not do so unto the LORD thy God: for every abomination to the LORD, which he hates, have they done unto their gods; for even their sons and their daughters they have burnt in the fire to their gods.

From the above God considers sacrificing your children as an abomination, yet Christians ascribe that same abomination to God, sacrificing his own “son”!

Deuteronomy 18:9-12

When you enter the land that GOD, your God, is giving you, don't take on the abominable ways of life of the nations there. Don't you dare sacrifice your son or daughter in the fire. Don't practice divination, sorcery, fortunetelling, witchery, casting spells, holding séances, or channeling with the dead. People who do these things are an abomination to GOD. It's because of just such abominable practices that GOD, your God, is driving these nations out before you.

Now how dare you ascribe an abomination to God? Didn’t God see in the above that sacrificing one’s own child is an abomination?

Leviticus 18:21
"Don't give any of your children to be burned in sacrifice to the god Molech—an act of sheer blasphemy of your God. I am GOD.

When someone sacrifices his own son, God sees it as blasphemy. Then how can you blaspheme by ascribing blasphemy to God Himself what God sees as blasphemy?

WAS JESUS A WILLING “SACRIFICE”?

Let us examine the narration of how sorrowful and freigtened Jesus was and obviously was not ready nor willing to die for your sin:

Matthew 26:36-47
36Then cometh Jesus with them unto a place called Gethsemane, and saith unto the disciples, Sit ye here, while I go and pray yonder.
37And he took with him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, and began to be sorrowful and very heavy.
38Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me.
39And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.
40And he cometh unto the disciples, and findeth them asleep, and saith unto Peter, What, could ye not watch with me one hour?
41Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.
42He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done.
43And he came and found them asleep again: for their eyes were heavy.

Compare the sorrow and fear Jesus expressed and the joy or at least readiness of soldiers who are willing to die.dont you dare come up and tell me he (Jesus) was human.i don’t even want to go into the question of whether Jesus was human or god or both.the fact is those willing to die are not gods but men.God does not die;gods die and hence they are false!if you can find men willing to die or at least willing to honor their agreement to sacrifice themselves for the truth,Jesus should no less be as strong as them.we read further:

Luke 22:44
And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground.

Fear? Not only that he was sweating and weeping. He was sweating as if they were “great drops of blood”. Why all that? Was it because Jesus was willing to die? Or was it because he was not willing to die? Tell me!

Matthew 27:45-46
Now from the sixth hour there was darkness over all the land unto the ninth hour.
And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? That is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Forsaken? The “son” is complaining to his “dad” that his “dad” had forsaken him and here you are telling me he was “willing” to die!

CAN A “CURSE” REDEEM HUMANITY?

Galatians 3:13
Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

So the Christian god did not only slay his son,he did not only “sacrifice” his son” and he did not only performed human sacrifice,but he allowed his son to be cursed!a cursed “son of god”?is that the gift that Christianity has to offer humanity?thanks but no thanks!

WHERE DO CURSED PEOPLE GO INTO AND WAS JESUS REALLY “KILLED” OR “CRUCIFIED” AND BECOME “CURSED”?

Matthew 25:41
Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

From the above verse, it is either Jesus is lying that he will drive the cursed ones away since he himself has become cursed according to Galatians 3:13 and he too must be driven away or Jesus is saying the truth that he will drive the cursed ones away because Jesus was never killed or cursed!

Deuteronomy 21:23
His body shall not remain all night upon the tree, but thou shall in any wise bury him that day; (for he that is hanged is accursed of Godwink that thy land be not defiled, which the LORD thy God giveth thee for an inheritance.

An accursed messiah, prophet and “son of god”?impossible! He could never have being killed and therefore he never “died” for your sins (thus no human sacrifice” and therefore no resurrection!

With all the crying and weeping of Jesus, Christians hold that Jesus was killed and therefore become “cursed” as a human sacrifice that “died” for their sin”. Is that how a loving God (your so called “heavenly father”) treats his beloved son? Do Christian fathers sacrifice their sons and give them up to save the wicked and those who have committed atrocities? Is it just to punish the innocent in the place of the criminal?

Deuteronomy 24:16
The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin.

WAS JESUS REALLY KILLED?

The Holy Quran replies and the choice is yours:

“He (Jesus) was neither killed nor crucified”(Holy Quran 4:157-158)

So will you Christians continue to justify human sacrifice when all evidence point and work against it? The choice is indeed yours to make!

Major Yeats-Brown, in his “Life of a Bengal Lancer”, summarises the Christian Doctrine of the Atonement in just a single sentence:

“NO HEATHEN TRIBE HAS CONCEIVED SO GROTESQUE AN IDEA, INVOLVING AS IT DOES THE ASSUMPTION, THAT MAN WAS BORN WITH A HEREDITARY STAIN UPON HIM: AND THAT THIS STAIN (FOR WHICH HE WAS NOT PERSONALLY RESPONSIBLE) WAS TO BE ATONED FOR: AND THAT THE CREATOR OF ALL THINGS HAD TO SACRIFICE HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON TO NEUTRALISE THIS MYSTERIOUS CURSE.”

for further reading,read Ahmad Deedat's:"cruci-fiction or crucifixion":

http://www.institutealislam.com/crucifixion-or-crucifiction-by-sheikh-ahmed-deedat/
Re: Easter Gift: “the Christian God: Blood And Human Sacrifice” by LagosShia: 3:55pm On Apr 21, 2011
PLEASE YOU CAN ALSO WATCH THE FOLLOWING:

1.) "Easter - A Muslim Viewpoint " - by Ahmed Deedat - 1999 - English:

http://www.shiatv.net/view_video.php?viewkey=79c863ba65467986739c

2.) " Refuting the Original Sin & Crucifixion" -By Hassanain Rajabali " :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqAy0805dFQ
Re: Easter Gift: “the Christian God: Blood And Human Sacrifice” by LagosShia: 7:50pm On Apr 21, 2011
JOHN 8:44
Ye are of [your] father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
Re: Easter Gift: “the Christian God: Blood And Human Sacrifice” by LagosShia: 2:16pm On Apr 22, 2011

Holy Quran 22:37

It is not their meat nor their blood that reaches Allah: it is your piety that reaches Him: He has thus made them subject to you, that ye may glorify Allah for His guidance to you: and proclaim the Good News to all who do right.
Re: Easter Gift: “the Christian God: Blood And Human Sacrifice” by Nobody: 10:03pm On Apr 22, 2011
Jesus did not sacrifice anythin'. A sacrifice is somethin' given at great cost without hope of receiving it back. Jesus' death doesn't count because he knew he wasn't only going 2 receive his life back but he was also going 2 receive greater glory in return. A mother who sacrifices her life 4 her son has more value than Jesus' death.
Re: Easter Gift: “the Christian God: Blood And Human Sacrifice” by maclatunji: 10:27pm On Apr 22, 2011
phxc:

Jesus did not sacrifice anythin'. A sacrifice is somethin' given at great cost without hope of receiving it back. Jesus' death doesn't count because he knew he wasn't only going 2 receive his life back but he was also going 2 receive greater glory in return. A mother who sacrifices her life 4 her son has more value than Jesus' death.

That is an interesting submission although I cannot totally agree with your premise.
Re: Easter Gift: “the Christian God: Blood And Human Sacrifice” by LagosShia: 10:48pm On Apr 22, 2011
phxc:

here we go again and all praise is due to Almighty Allah, another christian trembling and denying Jesus was "sacrificed" and in essence denying his belief and parts of the NT where Jesus is believed to have "died" and "sacrificed" and is viewed by all christians of all denominations with tags such as "the sacrificial lamb" and the "ransom" and the "precarious sacrifice".according to Paul,"no crucifixion"="no salvation".if he didnt die,then you're not "saved".dont you want to "save" us again? if he did not "die" then no resurrection.you either accept he "died" or he did not.which do you choose?lol

this is what Paul said (no "death/sacrifice" = "no salvation"wink:

Romans 5:8
But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

is "human sacrifice"="love"? or are you saying Jesus never "gave up"/"sacrificed" his life?

i know the facts i put forth in the "opening post" are overwhelming that even a rock would change his mind about the  alleged "killing" and ''death" of Jesus.

see how the nairaland member "jesus." is putting up another comedy show in the islamic forum trying to make a "rebuttal":

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-651811.0.html

LOL
Re: Easter Gift: “the Christian God: Blood And Human Sacrifice” by yommyuk: 1:35am On Apr 23, 2011
@post

You seem to be getting the wrong end of the stick in regards to Jesus Christ death on the cross. Don't you know that a seed must die in the soil, recieve sunlight, breakout of the same soil and before it can grow?

Do you really understand why Christ voluntarily gave himself up onto death. Do you think death could hold Jesus. cheesy
It is you "muslims" that choose to dwell and sit on the 'death.' . But Christian acknowledge the death and have moved on unto the 'resurrection'. Christ said "it is finished", meaning death has lost it's power over us. He made a mockery over death by simply saying "DO YOUR WORST".

John 1:5
"The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness can never extinguish it. In Christ we see the glory of God in a human being. Even though Jesus was persecuted, tried and crucified, the light cannot be extinguished. The purpose of Jesus death was to reveal God redemption for mankind.

John 1:4
"The Word gave life to everything that was created, and his life brought light to everyone"

The muslims continue to read the bible as a historical book and give little reference if any at all to its spiritual significance. Absolute spiritual blindness sad
Re: Easter Gift: “the Christian God: Blood And Human Sacrifice” by LagosShia: 1:54am On Apr 23, 2011
yommyuk:

@post

You seem to be getting the wrong end of the stick in regards to Jesus Christ death on the cross. Don't you know that a seed must die in the soil, recieve sunlight, breakout of the same soil and before it can grow?

did you read my article at all? i doubt it!

did Jesus "die" or not? was he the "sacrifice" for your sins or not? does his blood offer a "ransom" for your salvation or not?

Do you really understand why Christ voluntarily gave himself up onto death. Do you think death could hold Jesus. cheesy
if you'd have read the OP and the bible verses presented therein you'd never repreat this lie again that Jesus was ready to "die" or that he "volutarily" gave himself up/"sacrificed" himself.

It is you "muslims" that choose to dwell and sit on the 'death.' . But Christian acknowledge the death and have moved on unto the 'resurrection'. Christ said "it is finished", meaning death has lost it's power over us. He made a mockery over death by simply saying "DO YOUR WORST".

"death through crucifxion" or  being "hanged on a tree" is deemed a curse in the bible.a curse cannot give the "life" you're claiming.human sacrifice is also deemed a blasphemy and an abomination by God in your very own bible.so how can you attribute that to Him?

the way you guys form some fairytales not even based on the bible is nonsensical.you're trying to downplay your belief in the "death" while if there was no "death" then no "sacrifice",then no "atonement" and therefore no "resurrection" and "salvation".again did human sacrifice take place or not? yes or no?

dont you come here and tell me you've moved on.why do you still drink "blood" (wine) and eat the "body of Jesus" (bread) in your commemorations in church?or you think i dont know that?

John 1:5
"The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness can never extinguish it. In Christ we see the glory of God in a human being. Even though Jesus was persecuted, tried and crucified, the light cannot be extinguished. The purpose of Jesus death was to reveal God redemption for mankind.

John 1:4
"The Word gave life to everything that was created, and his life brought light to everyone"

The muslims continue to read the bible as a historical book and give little reference if any at all to its spiritual significance. Absolute spiritual blindness sad

spiritual significance? when has human sacrifice got anything to do with spirituality and piety? we really are not in need of "human sacrifice".babalaoism is barbarism!

did you read this in the above verse you presented:

"The purpose of Jesus death was to reveal God redemption for mankind".(John 1:5)
Re: Easter Gift: “the Christian God: Blood And Human Sacrifice” by Sweetnecta: 11:38am On Apr 23, 2011
@yommyuk; « #7 on: Today at 01:35:19 AM »
[Quote]@post

You seem to be getting the wrong end of the stick in regards to Jesus Christ death on the cross. Don't you know that a seed must die in the soil, recieve sunlight, breakout of the same soil and before it can grow?[/Quote]no seed dies before becoming seedling. if it is the dormant seed that you wishes to use for the 'death' of your jesus, the reality therefore is that to an untrained and ignorant eyes and mind the seed is dead because does belong to the living tree after it has been plucked from it. but the seed is in the wait to receive the strength in the planting environment so that it can bust into living again by shooting forth its vigor as a seedling with tender leaves, stem and roots.

the dormant seed is in a state of faintedness or coma if you will [the same as your torture person was, in reality living without the external signs that a novice will see] when you think it is lifeless, but the planter knows it isn't dead, the reason he planted it, and provides it the care and attention that bring it to a 'seedling'.

when God planned to make jesus like a dormant seed in the eyes of his enemies, there was no fool proof test method to know whether he was the one on the cross, because it could have been simon of siren or even jesus bar abba s. further there was no one of the 12 disciples around who you guys later accepted their 'eye witness account' without no one of them being an eye witness, leaving you with guess work alone. finally, God is the Only One Who knows the state of Jesus even more than Jesus and anyone and everyone individually or combined. God told His Messenger Muhammad [as] the truth so that the 'correct' understanding of event can be know, 'correction' is one of the values of the 'another comforter', if you understand. The another comforter maintained that this is what happened to Jesus son of Mary the messiah [as], as the messenger a true prophet of God, being a sincere spiritual entity from God, said he heard it from God, and simply repeat it, not adding to or subtracting from what he heard.

yommyuk, i thank God for allowing you to bring this seed to seedling example forward.
Re: Easter Gift: “the Christian God: Blood And Human Sacrifice” by LagosShia: 12:25pm On Apr 23, 2011
Sweetnecta:

@yommyuk; « #7 on: Today at 01:35:19 AM »no seed dies before becoming seedling. if it is the dormant seed that you wishes to use for the 'death' of your jesus, the reality therefore is that to an untrained and ignorant eyes and mind the seed is dead because does belong to the living tree after it has been plucked from it. but the seed is in the wait to receive the strength in the planting environment so that it can bust into living again by shooting forth its vigor as a seedling with tender leaves, stem and roots.

the dormant seed is in a state of faintedness or coma if you will [the same as your torture person was, in reality living without the external signs that a novice will see] when you think it is lifeless, but the planter knows it isn't dead, the reason he planted it, and provides it the care and attention that bring it to a 'seedling'.

when God planned to make jesus like a dormant seed in the eyes of his enemies, there was no fool proof test method to know whether he was the one on the cross, because it could have been simon of siren or even jesus bar abba s. further there was no one of the 12 disciples around who you guys later accepted their 'eye witness account' without no one of them being an eye witness, leaving you with guess work alone. finally, God is the Only One Who knows the state of Jesus even more than Jesus and anyone and everyone individually or combined. God told His Messenger Muhammad [as] the truth so that the 'correct' understanding of event can be know, 'correction' is one of the values of the 'another comforter', if you understand. The another comforter maintained that this is what happened to Jesus son of Mary the messiah [as], as the messenger a true prophet of God, being a sincere spiritual entity from God, said he heard it from God, and simply repeat it, not adding to or subtracting from what he heard.

yommyuk, i thank God for allowing you to bring this seed to seedling example forward.

thank you very much "sweetnecta" for your insight into agriculture.thanks for the info.

so even comparing Jesus to a seedling rendered "yommyuk's" faith null and void.it shows afterall that Jesus could not have "died" for his sin.otherwise he is just using a mockery of an analogy/plan which even shows Jesus didnt die but was in "coma" so to speak as a seedling would and it was still a "make believe" while he still stubbornly insists that Jesus "died" but he wants to smartly downplay the "death" belief in christianity to avoid exposing himself that he believes in human sacrifice which is also called a blashpemy and an abomination in his bible.so "yommyuk" who are you trying to deceive?
Re: Easter Gift: “the Christian God: Blood And Human Sacrifice” by DeepSight(m): 12:49pm On Apr 23, 2011
The matter dey tire me o.
Re: Easter Gift: “the Christian God: Blood And Human Sacrifice” by Horus(m): 1:11pm On Apr 23, 2011
The truth is that those so-called wise and prudent theologians know absolutely nothing about the so-called resurrection simply because it never happened. Easter, or the celebration of the resurrection, is merely a tradition, a tradition that you have been taught from childhood, and coming into maturity you have accepted it because that is what you were taught. That is what you read bout. That is what your parents made you observed every Easter Sunday. Thus, you continued to go along with it and before you knew it, you had carelessly assumed what you now believe without question or proof. Easter is the feast of feasts celebrated in honor of the risen Christ. You have even reached the point where you will defend vigorously and emotionally your belief, a belief that can lead you straight to hell. It has become human nature to flow with the stream, and to go along with the crowd, to believe and perform like those around you. And, even when you stumble on the truth, you will not believe because like the majority of the people, you stubbornly refuse to believe what you are unwilling to believe. There is an old saying that says: He who is convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.
Re: Easter Gift: “the Christian God: Blood And Human Sacrifice” by LagosShia: 10:58pm On Apr 23, 2011
the question continues to pose itself: "was the alleged "crucifixion"/"death" of Jesus a "curse" or a "blessing" that can lead to "salvation"?

Galatians 2:21
I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Deuteronomy 21:23
His body shall not remain all night upon the tree, but thou shall in any wise bury him that day; (for he that is hanged is accursed of Godwink that thy land be not defiled, which the LORD thy God giveth thee for an inheritance.
Re: Easter Gift: “the Christian God: Blood And Human Sacrifice” by LagosShia: 12:15pm On Apr 24, 2011
Re: Easter Gift: “the Christian God: Blood And Human Sacrifice” by LagosShia: 9:57pm On Apr 24, 2011
HOLY QURAN 3:64

Say: O People of the Scripture (Jews and Christians)! Come to an agreement between us and you: that we shall worship none but Allah, and that we shall ascribe no partner unto Him, and that none of us shall take others for lords beside Allah. And if they turn away, then say: Bear witness that we are they who have surrendered (unto Him).
Re: Easter Gift: “the Christian God: Blood And Human Sacrifice” by pleep(m): 3:50am On Apr 25, 2011
Lagoshia, why are u always trying to slander christainity? We all worship the same God don't we?
Re: Easter Gift: “the Christian God: Blood And Human Sacrifice” by LagosShia: 9:31am On Apr 25, 2011
pleep:

Lagoshia, why are u always trying to slander christainity? We all worship the same God don't we?

no we dont worship the same God!

we have the same God and there is only One True Almighty Unique God.But christians either worship 2 "gods" or 3 "gods".

i am not slandering christianity.there is nothing i can say,have said or will say that i cannot provide you a verse from your bible and fact to back it up.if that is slander,then its time you look from wthin where the slander emanated from.i am only putting it forth to make you see the reality.
Re: Easter Gift: “the Christian God: Blood And Human Sacrifice” by kokogee: 10:38am On Apr 25, 2011
LagosShia:

no we dont worship the same God!

we have the same God and there is only One True Almighty Unique God.But christians either worship 2 "gods" or 3 "gods".

i am not slandering christianity.there is nothing i can say,have said or will say that i cannot provide you a verse from your bible and fact to back it up.if that it slander,then its time you look from wthin where the slander emanated from.i am only putting it forth to make you see the reality.

Guy you're too much; well knowledgeable in both Quran(the truth) and the Bible(the fabricated).
I support you 100%. These people have nothing to back up their method(s) of worship yet they castigate everything that has a connection with a Muslim.

GOD BLESS YOU FOR DEFENDING ISLAM(A RELIGION OF TRUTH AND SCIENCE)
Re: Easter Gift: “the Christian God: Blood And Human Sacrifice” by LagosShia: 12:39pm On Apr 25, 2011
kokogee:

Guy you're too much; well knowledgeable in both Quran(the truth) and the Bible(the fabricated).
I support you 100%. These people have nothing to back up their method(s) of worship yet they castigate everything that has a connection with a Muslim.

GOD BLESS YOU FOR DEFENDING ISLAM(A RELIGION OF TRUTH AND SCIENCE)

thank you for the kind words.may God bless you too and bless Nigeria and may God guide all Nigerians to see the truth as it is and see falsehood for what it stands.God bless!
Re: Easter Gift: “the Christian God: Blood And Human Sacrifice” by pleep(m): 1:55pm On Apr 25, 2011
^^ common bro enough of this.
Every Muslim i have met in person has been an incredibly honest and virtuous person, if you want to convert people to Islam just show them examples of your virtue, dont attack their religion because that only creates hate.

look at what nairaland is becomming, i have seen the anti-muslim comments and the anti-Hausa comments, they bother me, and i am sure they upset you even more. But understand that by using the words of the bible in this way your just going to magnify the hatred and make this website an even more unpleasant place to be.

you obviously are very knowledgeable about the Bible and koran so why dont you join those of us you want to build bridges and friendships and dont use you knowlege for hate?
Re: Easter Gift: “the Christian God: Blood And Human Sacrifice” by switch47(m): 2:02pm On Apr 25, 2011
To be candid this topic is not fit to be in the christian section though about easter-it should be in muslim section. The whole idea behind it is flawed.
Re: Easter Gift: “the Christian God: Blood And Human Sacrifice” by LagosShia: 2:27pm On Apr 25, 2011
pleep:

Every Muslim i have met in person has been an incredibly honest and virtuous person, if you want to convert people to Islam just show them examples of your virtue, dont attack their religion because that only creates hate.

look at what nairaland is becomming, i have seen the anti-muslim comments and the anti-Hausa comments, they bother me, and i am sure they upset you even more. But understand that by using the words of the bible in this way your just going to magnify the hatred and make this website an even more unpleasant place to be.

you obviously are very knowledgeable about the Bible and koran so why dont you join those of us you want to build bridges and friendships and dont use you knowlege for hate? 

brother,God be my witness that i dont intend to hate anyone.i hope my christian brothers will understand my love for them and my sincerity.i know people attack islam and muslim baselessly and if not i intervened in the below thread to defend islam and expose the truth in about 5 pages,more may have occurred.take a look:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-653197.0.html

now,i really do not understand your accusation of hate and attack.i am basing my arguments on the bible.i do not say anything without basis in your bible.so are you denying the reality?the truth is bitter but better.i love my christian brothers so much that i wish non of you will suffer damnation.believe me,i love you with all my heart.i even shed tears for my close friends who happen to be christians.i love them so much.
Re: Easter Gift: “the Christian God: Blood And Human Sacrifice” by jesus3: 2:37pm On Apr 25, 2011
pleep:

switch47:

To be candid this topic is not fit to be in the christian section though about easter-it should be in muslim section. The whole idea behind it is flawed.

Need i say more?
@Lagosshia we already have an ongoing discussion on this same subject  Easter Gift: “the Christian God: Blood And Human Sacrifice”

on the islamic board https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-651811.0.html

starting another one here is proliferation. Lets continue our civil discussion on the islamic child board https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-651811.0.html

whilst this thread should in the main Religion section be locked
Re: Easter Gift: “the Christian God: Blood And Human Sacrifice” by LagosShia: 4:39pm On Apr 25, 2011
jesus.:

Need i say more?
@Lagosshia we already have an ongoing discussion on this same subject  Easter Gift: “the Christian God: Blood And Human Sacrifice”

on the islamic board https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-651811.0.html

starting another one here is proliferation. Lets continue our civil discussion on the islamic child board https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-651811.0.html

whilst this thread should in the main Religion section be locked

the following points were raised in the OP:

1.) sin is not inherited (ezekiel 18:21,Deuteronomy 24:16) while you believe in the so called "original sin".
2.) sacrificing one's own child is seen by God as an abomination and a blasphemy (Deuteronomy 12:31,Deuteronomy 18:9-12, Leviticus 18:21) while you believe Almighty God sacrificed His own "son" and did what he condemned.
3.) Jesus was not a willing "sacrificial lamb"  (Matthew 26:36-47,Luke 22:44,Matthew 27:45-46) while you keep saying he wanted to die for humanity.
4.) someone "crucified/hang from a tree" is cursed (Galatians 3:13,Deuteronomy 21:23) while you keep insisting that Jesus suffered that "curse".
5.) a cursed person is driven into "everlasting fire" (Matthew 25:41) while you believe after undergoing what is described in deuteronomy 21:23,Jesus sat on God's right hand.

so what civil discussion do you want to continue? are you interested in just engaging me (and wasting my time) or responding to the points stated from your holy book? your discussion in the other thread has being more than comical.
Re: Easter Gift: “the Christian God: Blood And Human Sacrifice” by seyibrown(f): 1:10am On Apr 27, 2011
^^^ N'ijo wo le ma ja'wo ninu ise ibi yi? Ehn?  grin  grin! Leave this our Jesus for us ke!  cheesy Abi you wan make I start a thread on the 'poisoned leg of lamb' that tortured the prophet of Allah for some 3 good years and finally killed him, and even Jibril could not heal him?  grin E lo so ara yin o! I can reserve that thread for id-el- fitri abi id-el-malud o! grin
Re: Easter Gift: “the Christian God: Blood And Human Sacrifice” by Sweetnecta: 2:16am On Apr 27, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^ if it was the poison that God used to end his life, he [as] was a martyr of the highest level.

you said the agony took three years to finally over come him. this proofs that he was a real lion and definitely superior to a lamb.

but do we expect him not to die at 63 considering that his work was 'finished'?

for an old man to grin and bare it, living a normal life for three years with potent poison in his system is extremely remarkable. It is a sin that God was with him.

we will be happy to discuss it thoroughly, if we are alive when you present your thread of narrow vision.
Re: Easter Gift: “the Christian God: Blood And Human Sacrifice” by LagosShia: 12:42pm On Apr 27, 2011
seyibrown:

^^^ N'ijo wo le ma ja'wo ninu ise ibi yi? Ehn? grin grin! Leave this our Jesus for us ke! cheesy Abi you wan make I start a thread on the 'poisoned leg of lamb' that tortured the prophet of Allah for some 3 good years and finally killed him, and even Jibril could not heal him? grin E lo so ara yin o! I can reserve that thread for id-el- fitri abi id-el-malud o! grin

please do.i beg of you.we will discuss it there and that thread would become a reference point whenever this nonsense is repeated by any missionary who lacks thinking faculty.
Re: Easter Gift: “the Christian God: Blood And Human Sacrifice” by seyibrown(f): 12:50pm On Apr 27, 2011
^^^^ . . .  and then Allah did not raise him from the dead . . . . . . . is that because Allah does not raise anyone from the dead? Is there any hope of resurrection in Allah? Life after death is not Allah's modus operandi!  When you are dead in Allah, he can't do anything for you! Or has he done it for anyone before?

Through Christ we have victory over death and know that our father who raised him from the death hath the power to do so and more for us! Our father is not limited by the law of nature or the dictates/reason of men. He is the father who can father a son without a wife . . . and why not? He made all things and all things are possible in him ; nothing is too hard for God(Jeremiah 32:27- “Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh. Is anything too hard for me? ). He is able to come down to his own people in a form they understand, and bring them salvation!
Re: Easter Gift: “the Christian God: Blood And Human Sacrifice” by LagosShia: 8:00pm On Apr 27, 2011
seyibrown:

^^^^ . . .  and then Allah did not raise him from the dead . . . . . . . is that because Allah does not raise anyone from the dead? Is there any hope of resurrection in Allah? Life after death is not Allah's modus operandi!  When you are dead in Allah, he can't do anything for you! Or has he done it for anyone before?

Through Christ we have victory over death and know that our father who raised him from the death hath the power to do so and more for us! Our father is not limited by the law of nature or the dictates/reason of men. He is the father who can father a son without a wife . . . and why not? He made all things and all things are possible in him ; nothing is too hard for God(Jeremiah 32:27- “Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh. Is anything too hard for me? ). He is able to come down to his own people in a form they understand, and bring them salvation!

we don tire 4 una talk talk n lie lie n story story.even bible (your "holy" book) nor fit back una up.

can you tell me of just 1 christian who believed in your "resurrection of your so called lord and saviour" and died and came back to life?

does the bible not teach you about other prophets like Abraham and Isaac?infact in your faith if one is not descended from Isaac he would never be accepted as a prophet.so where are they?have they returned from the dead?

propaganda nor dey work for religion.bring facts not fiction.
Re: Easter Gift: “the Christian God: Blood And Human Sacrifice” by yommyuk: 1:26am On Apr 28, 2011
@Lagoshia

did you read my article at all? i doubt it!
did Jesus "die" or not? was he the "sacrifice" for your sins or not? does his blood offer a "ransom" for your salvation or not?

To all the above questions, my answers is a RESOUNDING YES! cool

John 10:11 & 15

" I am a good shepherd. The good shepherd sacrifices his life for the sheep"

" Just as my Father knows me and I know the Father. So I sacrifice my life for the sheep"

if you'd have read the OP and the bible verses presented therein you'd never repreat this lie again that Jesus was ready to "die" or that he "volutarily" gave himself up/"sacrificed" himself.

Mark 9:31
"for he (Jesus Christ) wanted to spend more time with his disciples and teach them. He said to them, "The Son of Man (Jesus) is going (Future tense) to be bretrayed into the hands of his enemies. He will be killed, but three days later he will rise from the dead"

Mark 10:33-34
"Listen," he said, "we are going up to Jerusalem when the Son of Man will be betrayed to the leading priest and the teachers of religious law. They will (FUTURE TENSE) sentence him to die and hand him over to the Romans. They will mock him, spit on him, flog him with a whip, and kill him, but after 3 days he will rise again."

My Lord Jesus Christ said in John 10:18

"No one can take my life from me. I sacrifice it VOLUNTARILY. For I (Jesus) have the AUTHORITY to lay it down when[b] I WANT TO [/b] and also TAKE IT UP again. For this is what my Father has commanded."

]"death through crucifxion" or  being "hanged on a tree" is deemed a curse in the bible.a curse cannot give the "life" you're claiming.human sacrifice is also deemed a blasphemy and an abomination by God in your very own bible.so how can you attribute that to Him?
the way you guys form some fairytales not even based on the bible is nonsensical.you're trying to downplay your belief in the "death" while if there was no "death" then no "sacrifice",then no "atonement" and therefore no "resurrection" and "salvation".again did human sacrifice take place or not? yes or no?
dont you come here and tell me you've moved on.why do you still drink "blood" (wine) and eat the "body of Jesus" (bread) in your commemorations in church?or you think i dont know that?

I thank God for the Holy Spirit that gives me the ability to discern your type and the only word that has been revealed to me is "IGNORANCE" of the highest order. However you will not be the first nor the last. I just hope you wake up quickly from your slumber because no one knows tommorrow.

Have you ever thought that sometimes God can create a situation just to reveal himself to mankind that is God almighty who does not need to seek anyones opinion. Is that alien to the Islamic faith?  or do you remember the sayings of Joseph to his brothers who sold him into salvery?

Genesis 50:20
"You intended to harm me, but God intended it all for good. He brought me to this position so I could save the lives of many people"

Bro, meditate on the above verse and apply that to Jesus Christ. wink

Regardin the Holy Communion

Why do muslims continue to kill a ram during the ILEYA festive period? Is it Hunger? Has it got any spiritual connotation? or is it just Tradition?

spiritual significance? when has human sacrifice got anything to do with spirituality and piety? we really are not in need of "human sacrifice".babalaoism is barbarism!

did you read this in the above verse you presented:

If you are an african/muslim and you do not understand the spiritual consequence of shedding "BLOOD", I will suggest that you go and ask a well informed IMAM or muslim scholar about it?

"The purpose of Jesus death was to reveal God redemption for mankind".(John 1:5)

The above is only a comment that is related to the quoted biblical verse.

I repeat, what the islamic faith does not have is the "Holy Spirit". Why? No Christ! No life! undecided

1 Like

Re: Easter Gift: “the Christian God: Blood And Human Sacrifice” by yommyuk: 1:46am On Apr 28, 2011
Sweetnecta:

@yommyuk; « #7 on: Today at 01:35:19 AM »no seed dies before becoming seedling. if it is the dormant seed that you wishes to use for the 'death' of your jesus, the reality therefore is that to an untrained and ignorant eyes and mind the seed is dead because does belong to the living tree after it has been plucked from it. but the seed is in the wait to receive the strength in the planting environment so that it can bust into living again by shooting forth its vigor as a seedling with tender leaves, stem and roots.

Hello Mr Agriculturist expert cheesy

A few words is better for the (un)wise

John 12:23-24

Jesus replied, " Now the time has come for the Son of Man to enter into HIS GLORY(meditate on that)

" I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat is planted in the soil and dies, it remains alone. But its death will produce many new kernels- a plentiful harvest of new lives.

The above scripture is another one of Jesus Christ abundant philosophical expressions. This verse tells us a universal truth. Here is a seed. By itself, a grain of wheat remains a single grain, but if dropped into the earth, nature multiplies. Out of death comes life. A harvest comes from a grain. Jesus used this analogy to explain the life principle. Each grain contains the inner life-power which the husk before held captive. But there is a prerequisite for this grain to release the inner life-power. It has to be buried in the earth and die. Once it is released, it has unlimited potential.

I repeat; What you lack, I have got in abundance. The Holy Spirit! The real comforter.

No Christ ! No Life! undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What I Just Discovered Is Guaranteed To Make You Throw Your Bible Away! 100% / Ways Christians Deny Jesus / Three Things You Need To Make Heaven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 161
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.