Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,978 members, 7,806,857 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:31 AM

Lamido Sanusi: 11th On Time 100 Most Influential People List - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lamido Sanusi: 11th On Time 100 Most Influential People List (6252 Views)

Emir Lamido Sanusi At The Hajj Pilgrimage In Mecca (Photos) / Shekau On Time’s 100 Influential Persons List / President Jonathan Visits Emir Of Kano, Lamido Sanusi (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lamido Sanusi: 11th On Time 100 Most Influential People List by Seun(m): 2:46am On Apr 22, 2011
A veteran of an often corrupt banking industry, Sanusi, 49, took up his position at the height of the financial crisis in June 2009 and immediately turned on his former peers. He took over nine banks, sacked the chief executives of eight of them, ordered a series of mergers and named their biggest debtors. He was, he said, cleaning up not just banking but all Nigeria. Sanusi's will be a long fight and a dangerous one: death threats have obliged him to employ armed guards. But it is also essential for Africa's sleeping giant to finally awaken.

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,2066367_2066369_2066445,00.html
Re: Lamido Sanusi: 11th On Time 100 Most Influential People List by OAM4J: 2:51am On Apr 22, 2011
Re: Lamido Sanusi: 11th On Time 100 Most Influential People List by AfricaMars: 2:56am On Apr 22, 2011
I like the man, one of the few good people out there changing Nigeria's image on the Global scene.
Re: Lamido Sanusi: 11th On Time 100 Most Influential People List by Emmy3(m): 4:49am On Apr 22, 2011
Re: Lamido Sanusi: 11th On Time 100 Most Influential People List by Nobody: 4:58am On Apr 22, 2011
he deserves it a million times!
Re: Lamido Sanusi: 11th On Time 100 Most Influential People List by Seun(m): 5:23am On Apr 22, 2011
All right. I feel the new one has better presentation but your wish is my command.
Re: Lamido Sanusi: 11th On Time 100 Most Influential People List by eghost247(m): 6:40am On Apr 22, 2011
Congratulations
Re: Lamido Sanusi: 11th On Time 100 Most Influential People List by dasa: 7:33am On Apr 22, 2011
when the west want something, they give you a you a gift.

They are trying to get him to devalue the naira. he said ts wrong to do that and he is right, this na just bribe.
Re: Lamido Sanusi: 11th On Time 100 Most Influential People List by iudoagwu(m): 8:09am On Apr 22, 2011
sanusi is a lion sorry a warlord. For standing against the money looters in the house of "despoil.s" reps. i like him.
Re: Lamido Sanusi: 11th On Time 100 Most Influential People List by Tunsbobo(m): 8:13am On Apr 22, 2011
congrats to sanusi
Re: Lamido Sanusi: 11th On Time 100 Most Influential People List by violent(m): 8:14am On Apr 22, 2011
dasa:

when the west want something, they give you a you a gift.

They are trying to get him to devalue the naira. he said ts wrong to do that and he is right, this na just bribe.

. . . . and this what some people call rational thinking!
Re: Lamido Sanusi: 11th On Time 100 Most Influential People List by Nobody: 8:18am On Apr 22, 2011
This is great and he definitely deserves it.
Re: Lamido Sanusi: 11th On Time 100 Most Influential People List by Knight1(m): 8:42am On Apr 22, 2011
11th ke?
where will they now put his boss? Saraki?
or Odili? or Tinubu sef?
Re: Lamido Sanusi: 11th On Time 100 Most Influential People List by Nobody: 8:58am On Apr 22, 2011
Knight1:

11th ke?
where will they now put his boss? Saraki?
or Odili? or Tinubu sef?
Is this a joke or you're serious? angry
Re: Lamido Sanusi: 11th On Time 100 Most Influential People List by violent(m): 9:50am On Apr 22, 2011
This is just a crappy hogwash compiled by an editor who is oblivious of the meaning to the word "Influential".

Sanusi is an achiever, YES!. . . . . influential? yes, but not very!

Justin Bieber, who occupies a 35th position on the list is arguably more influential that Sanusi, . . .Sanusi occupies an office which provides him with powers to make economical decisions, just like any other CBN governor across the globe. . .Justin Beiber on the other hand could have more than a million teenage girls eating uncooked beans for breakfast if all he did was mention through his facebook or twitter page that he loved eating uncooked beans for breakfast.

Surprisingly too, the editor placed William and Kate Middleton on 36th. . . .seriously? If kate Middleton wore a dress she bought at a high street shop to an occasion, before nightfall of that day, the store is most likely to run out of stock, and it doesn't matter just how expensive the dress was, now that's what i call influential.
Re: Lamido Sanusi: 11th On Time 100 Most Influential People List by sirp2007: 9:53am On Apr 22, 2011
he truly deserves it,cos the fear of sanusi in d banking industry is d beginning of wisdom
Re: Lamido Sanusi: 11th On Time 100 Most Influential People List by Koolking(m): 10:05am On Apr 22, 2011
LAMIDO SANUSI DESERVES THE HONOUR. HE IS MY KIND OF PERSONALITY. A FEARLESS FRONTIER NOT LIKE GEJ

CONGRATULATIONS TO SIR LAMIDO
Re: Lamido Sanusi: 11th On Time 100 Most Influential People List by adeibi: 10:08am On Apr 22, 2011
violent:

This is just a crappy hogwash compiled by an editor who is oblivious of the meaning to the word "Influential".

Justin Bieber, who occupies a 35th position on the list is arguably more influential that Sanusi, . . .Sanusi occupies an office which provides him with powers to make economical decisions, just like any other CBN governor across the globe. . .Justin Beiber on the other hand could have more than a million teenage girls eating uncooked beans for breakfast if all he did was mention through his facebook or twitter page that he loved eating uncooked beans for breakfast.

Surprisingly too, the editor placed William and Kate Middleton on 36th. . . .seriously? If kate Middleton wore a dress she bought at a high street shop to an occasion, before nightfall of that day, the store is most likely to run out of stock, and it doesn't matter just how expensive the dress was, now that's what i call influential.

Yeah right Mr, i totally agree with u.
Lol @ the uncooked beans part
Re: Lamido Sanusi: 11th On Time 100 Most Influential People List by SamMilla1(m): 10:37am On Apr 22, 2011
Just like someone said,
The west sends out all kinds of titles to you whenever they need something from you.
Sanusi is an achiever not influential.
Re: Lamido Sanusi: 11th On Time 100 Most Influential People List by juman(m): 10:37am On Apr 22, 2011
sir-p2007:

he truly deserves it,cos the fear of sanusi in d banking industry is d beginning of wisdom

Yes.

Tunsbobo:

congrats to sanusi

Exactly, congrats to him.

Kwara State for ACN.
Re: Lamido Sanusi: 11th On Time 100 Most Influential People List by shilling(f): 10:40am On Apr 22, 2011
Congrats to him, very well deserved!!

What a coincidence, we had a discussion about him in my Economics class today!!
Re: Lamido Sanusi: 11th On Time 100 Most Influential People List by manchy7531: 10:45am On Apr 22, 2011
I THINK SANUSI AND BABATUNDE RAJI FASHOLA [/b]WILL BE A VERY GOOD IDEA FOR 2015, WE JUST HAVE TO GROOM [b]SANUSI AND ALSO, AS POWER WILL MOST LIKELY GO TO THE NORTH BY 2015 TO COMPENSATE THEM, WE HAVE TO GET THE BEST FROM THERE COMBINED WITH THE BEST HERE,, SO AS TO BRING OUT THE BEST OF NIGERIA, I THINK ITS HIGH TIME WE STARTED PROMOTING OUR BEST AND AS WELL ENCOURAGE THEM TO TAKE UP OUR MOST SENSITIVE ELECTIVE POST AND NOT THE "AGBADA,BIG BELLE POLITICIAN" AND OLD ARMY GENERALS THAT HAVE NOTHING FOR USE, I WILL RESERVE MY COMMENTS ON GEJ,I WILL GIVE HIM SOME TIME BEFORE I START COMMENTING ON HIM BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE SO MUCH CONFIDENCE IN HIM THOUGH I VOTED FOR HIM BECAUSE HE IS A BROTHER
Re: Lamido Sanusi: 11th On Time 100 Most Influential People List by manchy7531: 10:52am On Apr 22, 2011
I THINK SANUSI AND BABATUNDE RAJI FASHOLA WILL BE A VERY GOOD IDEA FOR 2015, WE JUST HAVE TO GROOM SANUSI AND ALSO, AS POWER WILL MOST LIKELY GO TO THE NORTH BY 2015 TO COMPENSATE THEM, WE HAVE TO GET THE BEST FROM THERE COMBINED WITH THE BEST HERE,, SO AS TO BRING OUT THE BEST OF NIGERIA, I THINK ITS HIGH TIME WE STARTED PROMOTING OUR BEST AND AS WELL ENCOURAGE THEM TO TAKE UP OUR MOST SENSITIVE ELECTIVE POST AND NOT THE "AGBADA,BIG BELLE POLITICIAN" AND OLD ARMY GENERALS THAT HAVE NOTHING FOR USE, I WILL RESERVE MY COMMENTS ON GEJ,I WILL GIVE HIM SOME TIME BEFORE I START COMMENTING ON HIM BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE SO MUCH CONFIDENCE IN HIM THOUGH I VOTED FOR HIM BECAUSE HE IS A BROTHER
Re: Lamido Sanusi: 11th On Time 100 Most Influential People List by seguno2: 11:03am On Apr 22, 2011
shilling:

Congrats to him, very well deserved!!

What a coincidence, we had a discussion about him in my Economics class today!!

Now that's quite interesting as i see that you are resident in the US.

manchy7531:

I THINK SANUSI AND BABATUNDE RAJI FASHOLA [/b]WILL BE A VERY GOOD IDEA FOR 2015, WE JUST HAVE TO GROOM [b]SANUSI AND ALSO, AS POWER WILL MOST LIKELY GO TO THE NORTH BY 2015 TO COMPENSATE THEM, WE HAVE TO GET THE BEST FROM THERE COMBINED WITH THE BEST HERE,, SO AS TO BRING OUT THE BEST OF NIGERIA, I THINK ITS HIGH TIME WE STARTED PROMOTING OUR BEST AND AS WELL ENCOURAGE THEM TO TAKE UP OUR MOST SENSITIVE ELECTIVE POST AND NOT THE "AGBADA,BIG BELLE POLITICIAN" AND OLD ARMY GENERALS THAT HAVE NOTHING FOR USE, I WILL RESERVE MY COMMENTS ON GEJ,I WILL GIVE HIM SOME TIME BEFORE I START COMMENTING ON HIM BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE SO MUCH CONFIDENCE IN HIM THOUGH I VOTED FOR HIM BECAUSE HE IS A BROTHER

Sanusi and Fashola won't be a bad idea.
A better idea would be Sanusi versus Fashola versus Okonjo-Iweala.
Then the debate gets interesting. Not with all these recycled worn-out, bad losers, ex-military men inciting people to violence because they lost due to bad preparations and over-rating their NATIONAL popularity.
Re: Lamido Sanusi: 11th On Time 100 Most Influential People List by murtalaa(m): 11:37am On Apr 22, 2011
violent:

You are entitled to your opinion but my view is that Sanusi's reforms have been adapted by several countries not just in Africa but through out europe, and asia. Imagine the number of people using banks in Nigeria. His regforms affects each and every single one of them whether they know it or not.Then imagine all the countries borrowing his ideas and implementing them in their countries and you can simply realise why they put him where they put him. Bierber and middleton hardly produces such an influence on people.
Re: Lamido Sanusi: 11th On Time 100 Most Influential People List by dapxin: 11:50am On Apr 22, 2011
^dasa.

well said. When was the last time anyone read the Times ?

Oshisko.
Re: Lamido Sanusi: 11th On Time 100 Most Influential People List by gosj(m): 12:07pm On Apr 22, 2011
Gud! How i wish d war corruption wil sweep like a wild fire in d land so dt corrupt Nigerians wil think 2ce b4 dey engage demslves in any act of corruption. Thumbs up Sir-new-see. smiley
Re: Lamido Sanusi: 11th On Time 100 Most Influential People List by ufumes(m): 12:12pm On Apr 22, 2011
Congratulation to an achiever
Re: Lamido Sanusi: 11th On Time 100 Most Influential People List by ufumes(m): 12:13pm On Apr 22, 2011
Congratulation to an achiever
Re: Lamido Sanusi: 11th On Time 100 Most Influential People List by namfav(m): 12:13pm On Apr 22, 2011
and they say that someone who is studied in islamic law cannot go anywhere in nigeria once again another man is prving the doubters wrong, muhammadu sanusi will be proud, mashallah bro keep doing it for yourself you are going places, transfering islamic economics into the sector has done wondrs for the nigerian economy
Re: Lamido Sanusi: 11th On Time 100 Most Influential People List by violent(m): 12:38pm On Apr 22, 2011
murtalaa:

You are entitled to your opinion but my view is that Sanusi's reforms have been adapted by several countries not just in Africa but through out europe, and asia. Imagine the number of people using banks in Nigeria. His regforms affects each and every single one of them whether they know it or not.Then imagine all the countries borrowing his ideas and implementing them in their countries and you can simply realise why they put him where they put him. Bierber and middleton hardly produces such an influence on people.

For the sakes of we the uniformed, could you give examples of at least one country in Africa and another in Europe that have adopted Sanusi's
reforms and borrowed his ideas?. . . .I will bet my apple juice you couldn't find one!

Sanusi is just a civil servant who has performed extremely well in his role, if the members of the NASS or the President blew a whistle, his job is finished, his supposed influence is gone and the wheel goes on!

My point is, it's only sensible to say a man is influential if he could get millions of people both locally and globally to do his bidding effortlessly and not because of the powers that come with his office.

Literary speaking, how many people do you suppose would be willing to take a bullet for Sanusi?. . , In comparison, how many do you suppose could commit suicide if Justin Beiber had an headache?
Re: Lamido Sanusi: 11th On Time 100 Most Influential People List by LagosShia: 1:08pm On Apr 22, 2011
i think we should have another thread on the meaning/definition of "influential".

(1) (2) (Reply)

A C N Rejects Kogi Polls Result, Alleges "scientific Rigging" / / Governor Sani Bello Signs 2020 Appropriation Act Into Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.