Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,784 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:54 PM

His Facebook Gave Him Away. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / His Facebook Gave Him Away. (1636 Views)

Am I Chasing Him Away With My ‘dumbness’? / How To Chase Him Away / My Ex Won't Take Off My Pictures On His Facebook Profile, Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

His Facebook Gave Him Away. by demistress: 10:45am On Apr 22, 2011
I've been dating this guy since July last year, but by October, I knew something was wrong. He was no longer calling or texting as before and I rarely saw him though we live in the same axis of town. By November I made up my mind to end it and successfully did by the end of December when I traveled out of town. On my return, I made it clear to him I was no longer interested and wanted to start the year on a clean slate. He got the message and stopped calling or seeing me. Sometime in February, he started calling again and asked to see me which I obliged him. He came practically on his knees promising heaven and earth. I also made my terms clear to him. I didn't however see much change; he dissappeared and reappeared at will and always gave the excuse that he was really busy. I felt his excuses were not tenable. Somehow, I just felt uneasy and uncomfortable around him. I couldn't put my finger on it.

On Wednesday, he visited me and used my laptop. When I got home in the evening and wanted to check my mails before retiring, as i opened the facebook home page, his page came up. This is not the first time this has happened and I would ordinarily have signed him out as I know he's not a techie person. But I just checked his messages and the sent items in particular, and lo and behold, there was a message he sent to a friend of his on the 5th of this month telling him he had had his traditional marriage in March and his white wedding was coming up in May. I sat in stunned silence and utter disbelief.

The issue is that I didn't hold a gun to his head. I had been uncomfortable with him for a while and behaved really badly to him when I was in that state of mind. So I don't understand why he kept hanging around me when it was not as if he was getting anything from me, not money, not sex, I don't have time to cook for anybody, so I'm completely baffled that he is getting married and instead of focussing on his upcoming nuptials, he was still finding the time for me. I really I'm just trying to wrap my head around the enigma called men. And they say that women are complicated. Really
Re: His Facebook Gave Him Away. by 190: 10:49am On Apr 22, 2011
Dat Dude cant be a Nigerian guy ** he would too dull to do such **

we dont dissapoint our ladies, wen we promise them marriage

we marry them, and BTW maybe its just a set-up to see your reaction

Nigerian bois are the smartest in the world as we know today

reconcile with him and ask him to explain what u saw ( then judge from there )
Re: His Facebook Gave Him Away. by amefi(m): 11:14am On Apr 22, 2011
190:

Dat Dude cant be a Nigerian guy ** he would too dull to do such **

we dont dissapoint our ladies, wen we promise them marriage

we marry them, and BTW [b]maybe its just a set-up to see your reaction[/b]Nigerian bois are the smartest in the world as we know today

reconcile with him and ask him to explain what u saw ( then judge from there )

subscribing to d bolded part.

But, i sti hv doubts tho. Just try and discuss with him wot u hv found out and see wot he has got to say.
Re: His Facebook Gave Him Away. by Odunnu: 11:15am On Apr 22, 2011
Dont even let him knw you know he's married.
Keep moving on,its the best option now.
Re: His Facebook Gave Him Away. by iv4real(f): 12:19pm On Apr 22, 2011
My dear its the rubbish people see these days, i have a friend after watching her boyfriends wedding on television . He appeared three weeks later and hid his ring in his pocket. When she confronted he denied until she told him she watched his wedding on television , then he admitted he was married and brought the ring out of his pocket.
Re: His Facebook Gave Him Away. by seun0622(m): 12:50pm On Apr 22, 2011
@iv4real

Which nollywood movie are u refering to ?

Think I ve watched the movie, Lol
Re: His Facebook Gave Him Away. by iv4real(f): 1:13pm On Apr 22, 2011
@ seun its not a nollywood movie. I don't knw if such has been acted in a nollywood movie, i am not up to date on nollywood movies. But this happened for real to a girlfriend of mine.
Re: His Facebook Gave Him Away. by Maximip(m): 1:25pm On Apr 22, 2011
demistress:

I really I'm just trying to wrap my head around the enigma called men. And they say that women are complicated. Really

iv4real:

My dear its the rubbish people see these days, i have a friend after watching her boyfriends wedding on television . He appeared three weeks later and hid his ring in his pocket. When she confronted he denied until she told him she watched his wedding on television , then he admitted he was married and brought the ring out of his pocket.

You ladies should go and sit down jor. Women are the ones fond of doing such. This is just an exception. Why lead a guy on when you clearly have no interest in him other than to waste his time. If you had any real interest in him, he could never have hidden such from you.
Re: His Facebook Gave Him Away. by Ystranger: 3:32am On Apr 23, 2011
iv4real:

@ seun its not a nollywood movie. I don't knw if such has been acted in a nollywood movie, i am not up to date on nollywood movies. But this happened for real to a girlfriend of mine.

I think I have watched the movie before. Was it Nolly-wood or yoruba-wood.

Yes, I agree it was a very nice script.
Re: His Facebook Gave Him Away. by toyemz(f): 3:46am On Apr 23, 2011
@poster
I honestly feel for you

I would have said you should play along with him and pretend as if you don't know anything,but to what avail?

don't waste your time,your instincts were right,just get him out of your life and move on
don't let him waste another second of your life.
he's so not worth it

There are a lot of useless fellows like him out there,
some have reasons for doing it (like papers)
many don't ( just selfish reasons)
don't even bother to look for one!

tell him to his face what a useless self-servicer he is and walk him out of your life
good luck
Re: His Facebook Gave Him Away. by Ystranger: 3:50am On Apr 23, 2011
toyemz:

@poster
I honestly feel for you

I would have said you should play along with him and pretend as if you don't know anything,but to what avail?

don't waste your time,your instincts were right,just get him out of your life and move on
don't let him waste another second of your life.
he's so not worth it

There are a lot of useless fellows like him out there,
some have reasons for doing it
(like papers)
many don't ( just selfish reasons)
don't even bother to look for one!

tell him to his face what a useless self-servicer he is and walk him out of your life
good luck

Why are you so bitter. It is no big deal.
Re: His Facebook Gave Him Away. by toyemz(f): 3:55am On Apr 23, 2011
@ystranger

of course now it is no big do
its either that you belong in that class or that its hasnt happened to any of your sisters yet( i hope it never does)
and of course it is no big do because you are a man
if the shoe was on the other foot now
yawa go gas!
Re: His Facebook Gave Him Away. by Wislet(f): 8:11am On Apr 23, 2011
Ystranger:

Are you okay?
Re: His Facebook Gave Him Away. by Mcleo007(m): 9:50pm On Apr 23, 2011
@op, in as much as ur write-up looks scripted; like some movie synopsis, I wouldn't doubt it can't happen. Anyway, my advice is you confront him and let him out of your life.
Re: His Facebook Gave Him Away. by andy1(m): 2:19am On Apr 24, 2011
@op are u rili sure dis dude is a 9gerian? Cos 9ja boiz aint dat dull oh! He had sumtin to hide. Nd he was checking his fb on ur laptop? Nahhhhhh, dat boi is definately frm TOGO,BENIN,CHAD or maybe EQ GUINEA,
Re: His Facebook Gave Him Away. by toyemz(f): 2:22am On Apr 24, 2011
^^^^

I think he is definitely Nigerian
with a very selfish agenda!!
Re: His Facebook Gave Him Away. by Ranoscky(m): 3:32am On Apr 24, 2011
Maximip:

You ladies should go and sit down jor. Women are the ones fond of doing such. This is just an exception. Why lead a guy on when you clearly have no interest in him other than to waste his time. If you had any real interest in him, he could never have hidden such from you.
True talk man, no mind dem jare!

andy1:

@op are u rili sure dis dude is a 9gerian? Cos 9ja boiz aint dat dull oh! He had sumtin to hide. Nd he was checking his fb on your laptop? Nahhhhhh, dat boi is definately frm TOGO,BENIN,CHAD or maybe EQ GUINEA,
Hahahahahahaha. . . .
Re: His Facebook Gave Him Away. by obowunmi(m): 3:42am On Apr 24, 2011
@ OP, now you know: KEEP it MOVING --- don't look back and find another man. God bless you as you do. Keep it moving!
Re: His Facebook Gave Him Away. by toyemz(f): 4:01am On Apr 24, 2011
@ Maximip

sorry I've just seen this:

You ladies should go and sit down jor. Women are the ones fond of doing such. This is just an exception. Why lead a guy on when you clearly have no interest in him other than to waste his time. If you had any real interest in him, he could never have hidden such from you

are you really serious?
maybe the few women you have seen have be the exception
but this selfish altitude is something that many Nigerian men in the western world have adopted as their mod-us operandi for survival in the western!
personally if you haven't noticed it,it just means that you have endorsed this evil trait as being a good thing or you're simply in denial.
The guy had an agenda,sooner or later he would have being found out.Remember God does not sleep!!
Re: His Facebook Gave Him Away. by roymary: 4:26am On Apr 24, 2011
@OP

You didn't read that correctly, the dude said his brother had a traditional wedding but not him. BTW, did you save a screenshot of the messages, because dude will deny again, LMAO. '

Sorry though.
Re: His Facebook Gave Him Away. by iv4real(f): 11:10am On Apr 24, 2011
@ toyemz , its not only Nigerian men in western countries that does such, the ones in Nigeria are even worse. These days girls have 2 double check, investigate ,even pay private investigator to make sure the man they are dating is not married. Especially the ones that that live in different cities with their wives. I am sure if the poster confronts the guy he will deny. Even swear that he is not married.
Re: His Facebook Gave Him Away. by Ranoscky(m): 1:50pm On Apr 24, 2011
iv4real:

@ toyemz , its not only Nigerian men in western countries that does such, the ones in Nigeria are even worse. These days girls have 2 double check, investigate ,even pay private investigator to make sure the man they are dating is not married. Especially the ones that that live in different cities with their wives. I am sure if the poster confronts the guy he will deny. Even swear that he is not married.
Same goes to girls that has boyfriends and deny that they'r single.
Re: His Facebook Gave Him Away. by iv4real(f): 2:35pm On Apr 24, 2011
u said girls that have boyfriends and not married women. we are talking of married men .So there is a big difference.
Re: His Facebook Gave Him Away. by Ranoscky(m): 3:01pm On Apr 24, 2011
Oh, Oh, Oh!

So, U now agreed that girls are the worst pretence interms of friendship, but if asked literally, U would deny it, innit?

FYI, those girls that dates married men a.k.a "SUGAR DADDIES" knows that they are married but, stil yet proceeded cos, they knows what they wanted out of the friendship so, y'all should tell all these bullshits to the birds!
Re: His Facebook Gave Him Away. by andy1(m): 3:34pm On Apr 24, 2011
iv4real:

same goes 4 d ladies d guys also have a do a double check b4 making any commitment, ladies r also guilty of dis crime so ya'll shld stop acting lyke u innocent!!
Re: His Facebook Gave Him Away. by andy1(m): 3:37pm On Apr 24, 2011
Ranoscky:

Oh, Oh, Oh!

So, U now agreed that girls are the worst pretence interms of friendship, but if asked literally, U would deny it, innit?

FYI, those girls that dates married men a.k.a "SUGAR DADDIES" knows that they are married but, stil yet proceeded cos, they knows what they wanted out of the friendship so, y'all should tell all these bullshits to the birds!
tell em abeg,
Re: His Facebook Gave Him Away. by toyemz(f): 12:02am On Apr 25, 2011
@Ranoscky( hope you're good?)

Totally agree with you on this input.only snag is we are not talking about the 'sugar daddy/mummy' level. we are talking about a generational age of 31-40 years.
men that( because they have an agenda )would swear by heaven and earth that they are not married.many men who have been caught out by this lie now admit that they have 'baby mothers' but not wives.

on the other hand,there's a very low percentage of girls who will be married and would lie to a guy that they are not,just for them to turn round and tell their current bfs that they are interested in marriage,even if they have an agenda
that's the whole point here
Re: His Facebook Gave Him Away. by toyemz(f): 12:07am On Apr 25, 2011
@Andy1

same goes 4 d ladies d guys also have a do a double check b4 making any commitment, ladies r also guilty of dis crime so ya'll shld stop acting lyke u innocent!!

what crime? claiming to be single while they are actually married?
Having two legal husbands in different towns?
Lying to the their girlfriends about it all kos they have some hidden motive?
My brother, all that is a man's world
women haven't caught up with that wickedness yet oh
Re: His Facebook Gave Him Away. by andy1(m): 1:31am On Apr 25, 2011
toyemz:

@Andy1

what crime? claiming to be single while they are actually married?
Having two legal husbands in different towns?
Lying to the their girlfriends about it all kos they have some hidden motive?
My brother, all that is a man's world
women haven't caught up with that wickedness yet oh
@toyemz, ok guilty as charged. ladies mite nt keep 2 husbands @ a tyme bt dey do date young guys outside even after they r married with d lie dat dey r still single. So i ll say this whole cheating episode thingyy is 50-50.
Re: His Facebook Gave Him Away. by Nekai(f): 1:54am On Apr 25, 2011
OP, some people desire what they aren't getting, and despise what they do have. It's a stupid and self-destructive addiction that leads a long trail to nowhere.
Re: His Facebook Gave Him Away. by Ranoscky(m): 5:30am On Apr 25, 2011
toyemz:

@Ranoscky( hope you're good?)

Totally agree with you on this input.only snag is we are not talking about the 'sugar daddy/mummy' level. we are talking about a generational age of 31-40 years.
men that( because they have an agenda )would swear by heaven and earth that they are not married.many men who have been caught out by this lie now admit that they have 'baby mothers' but not wives.

on the other hand,[b]there's a very low percentage of girls who will be married and would lie to a guy that they are not,[/b]just for them to turn round and tell their current bfs that they are interested in marriage,even if they have an agenda
that's the whole point here
Am cool, girl. U?

Ya, I agree on the embolded line above. But, some girls in here made it seem as if men ONLY are the ones that plays such game!
Re: His Facebook Gave Him Away. by eddy1977(m): 6:21am On Apr 25, 2011
@ poster
i hope you realize that you are a meanhearted woman. just reading your post exposes your wickedness. you obliged him to come back to you promising heaven and earth.you dont sex him,you dont cook,you dont help out financialy.but you expect a guy to be honest with you?

give me a break. you should just forget about romantic relationships.keep your selfish @ss to yourself. buy dildos and vibrators.in fact move to some remote island where you can enjoy yourself.

i am out of here.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Women Want Men To Always Come To Them First? / My Story / Meet 28 Years Old Lady That Already Had 26 Abortions!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.