Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,106 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:19 AM

I Quit Talking To Her Upon Discovering She Has Tribal Marks on her Face. - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Quit Talking To Her Upon Discovering She Has Tribal Marks on her Face. (7612 Views)

If You Are Hooking Up This December, Endeavor To See Her Face Early Morning -pic / Woman Applies ‘make Up’ On Her Face Before Accepting Her Man’s Proposal (photos) / Why Are Do All Naija Babes Have Stretch Marks On Their Behinds? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Quit Talking To Her Upon Discovering She Has Tribal Marks on her Face. by cold(m): 10:56pm On Apr 23, 2011
It's alrite,no harm done grin
Re: I Quit Talking To Her Upon Discovering She Has Tribal Marks on her Face. by ektbear: 10:56pm On Apr 23, 2011
I thought Christianity and stuff wiped away tribal marks in Igboland long ago though? I think you guys had them in the late 1800s or something, but eventually stopped. I've seen old pictures before where folk from the SE had them.

Didn't know there were any Igbo still with them.
Re: I Quit Talking To Her Upon Discovering She Has Tribal Marks on her Face. by ektbear: 10:57pm On Apr 23, 2011
No, I want to know how you'd say it, though tongue

There must be a way to say "Igbo kwenu", but directed at women.
Re: I Quit Talking To Her Upon Discovering She Has Tribal Marks on her Face. by cold(m): 11:02pm On Apr 23, 2011
^^To your first question,i think the issue of tribal marks belongs to the relic of the past.No right thinking mum or dad wld recommend marks for their new born.Maybe incisions on other parts of the body to ward off evil spirits for the core animists.
To your second question,you can say Umu Ada Kwenu cool
Re: I Quit Talking To Her Upon Discovering She Has Tribal Marks on her Face. by Jackieugo(f): 11:04pm On Apr 23, 2011
Lol thanks @ ekt_bear grin
Re: I Quit Talking To Her Upon Discovering She Has Tribal Marks on her Face. by ektbear: 11:04pm On Apr 23, 2011
cold:

^^To your first question,i think the issue of tribal marks belongs to the relic of the past.No right thinking mum or dad wld recommend marks for their new born.Maybe incisions on other parts of the body to ward off evil spirits for the core animists.
Heh, i see.

To your second question,you can say Umu Ada Kwenu  cool
Lol, thanks. I'll keep that in mind. Hopefully I don't mispronounce it. Ada=woman, Umu = people or something?
Re: I Quit Talking To Her Upon Discovering She Has Tribal Marks on her Face. by cold(m): 11:08pm On Apr 23, 2011
Yh,Umu means people.Short for Umunna.Ada means Daughter i.e First daughter
Re: I Quit Talking To Her Upon Discovering She Has Tribal Marks on her Face. by ektbear: 11:10pm On Apr 23, 2011
I see. Thanks smiley
Re: I Quit Talking To Her Upon Discovering She Has Tribal Marks on her Face. by cold(m): 11:13pm On Apr 23, 2011
You welcome.I'm actually surprised you didn't come at me gunz blazing after my first comment.It must be a good day smiley
Re: I Quit Talking To Her Upon Discovering She Has Tribal Marks on her Face. by ektbear: 11:14pm On Apr 23, 2011
cold:

You welcome.I'm actually surprised you didn't come at me gunz blazing after my first comment.It must be a good day smiley

Nothing was wrong with your first statement. Plus this is romance section, not politics smiley Politics there is more beef and sh1ttalking, here, not as much.
Re: I Quit Talking To Her Upon Discovering She Has Tribal Marks on her Face. by cold(m): 11:15pm On Apr 23, 2011
Ok,I get it now
Re: I Quit Talking To Her Upon Discovering She Has Tribal Marks on her Face. by kandiikane(m): 11:18pm On Apr 23, 2011
*eats a handful of popcorn*

Get to the sex scene already,
Re: I Quit Talking To Her Upon Discovering She Has Tribal Marks on her Face. by obowunmi(m): 11:20pm On Apr 23, 2011
@ OP is a funny dude. Hahahaha! I have no front teeth and I'm still able to get chicks.
Re: I Quit Talking To Her Upon Discovering She Has Tribal Marks on her Face. by kandiikane(m): 11:23pm On Apr 23, 2011
obowunmi:

@ OP is a funny dude. Hahahaha! I have no front teeth and I'm still able to get chicks.

bhuahaaaaaaahahahahha
Re: I Quit Talking To Her Upon Discovering She Has Tribal Marks on her Face. by ektbear: 11:24pm On Apr 23, 2011
kandiikane:

*eats a handful of popcorn*

Get to the sex scene already,

WTF

Anyway, you shouldn't be the one eating the popcorn, you should be the one in the sex scene. Getting bent over a kitchen table
Re: I Quit Talking To Her Upon Discovering She Has Tribal Marks on her Face. by kandiikane(m): 11:26pm On Apr 23, 2011
<<celibate cool
Re: I Quit Talking To Her Upon Discovering She Has Tribal Marks on her Face. by ektbear: 11:27pm On Apr 23, 2011
;d
Re: I Quit Talking To Her Upon Discovering She Has Tribal Marks on her Face. by Princek12(m): 12:49am On Apr 24, 2011
Kandikane,

Thank you very much oooo. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Some people may find tribal marks attractive, while some may not. Bottom line is that we respond to features we find attractive in the opposite sex.

I like to keep it real, and I did not want to get into a relationship with a girl I know that looking at her face will not make me happy, particularly if I have to look at her face every day.
Re: I Quit Talking To Her Upon Discovering She Has Tribal Marks on her Face. by 677ano(m): 3:09am On Apr 24, 2011
@OP

so who have you now abandoned her for if you dont want her?

well she will find someone who will like her and her tribal marks grin
Re: I Quit Talking To Her Upon Discovering She Has Tribal Marks on her Face. by InkedNerd(f): 7:43am On Apr 24, 2011
@OP: When I first saw the title of your thread, before reading it, I thought that perhaps I could perhaps I could have defended you actions but upon reading everything I can do no such thing. Although I see nothing wrong with you not wanting to be with her because of her tribal what put me off is the fact that you act as though she did you wrong. Her desire to wear makeup is her is up to her--because her makeup was able to conceal her tribal mark doesn't mean she went out her way to deceive you. You made it sound like she led you on when in reality it was you who led her on. I've met many nice young men with tribal marks and to be honest there are some men that I find it to be quite attractive on. I actually saw a pic of a guy online who had huge tribal marks on his face yet I still found the guy to be very handsome. There are those who have tribal marks that are small and there are those who have large tribal marks on their faces yet I have never let that get in the way of me wanting to get to know them. Keep in mind, there's a difference between being shallow and having preferences. Lemme ask something Princek12, while this girl was at your place of residence did you have sex with her or engage in a sexual activity with her?
Re: I Quit Talking To Her Upon Discovering She Has Tribal Marks on her Face. by Princek12(m): 8:54am On Apr 24, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

@OP: When I first saw the title of your thread, before reading it, I thought that perhaps I could perhaps I could have defended you actions but upon reading everything I can do no such thing. Although I see nothing wrong with you not wanting to be with her because of her tribal what put me off is the fact that you act as though she did you wrong. Her desire to wear makeup is her is up to her--because her makeup was able to conceal her tribal mark doesn't mean she went out her way to deceive you. You made it sound like she led you on when in reality it was you who led her on. I've met many nice young men with tribal marks and to be honest there are some men that I find it to be quite attractive on. I actually saw a pic of a guy online who had huge tribal marks on his face yet I still found the guy to be very handsome. There are those who have tribal marks that are small and there are those who have large tribal marks on their faces yet I have never let that get in the way of me wanting to get to know them. Keep in mind, there's a difference between being shallow and having preferences. Lemme ask something Princek12, while this girl was at your place of residence did you have sex with her or engage in a sexual activity with her?

It is not like she went out of her way to deceive me, but she should have told me that she had tribal marks during our phone conversation so that I can make up my mind whether I want to follow through. I am sure she knows that it could be a potential issue.

As to whether we had sex, let's just say we had a blast during the weekend. But that does not even matter at all, anyway.

As to your finding tribal marks attractive, I think it is good for you. I cannot wife a girl who has tribal marks; that is not my preference at all. It may even affect my career if I bring a girl with marks on her face to my conventions and meetings. Besides, I just know a woman like that is not for me because it would bother me every time I see those marks. It would not be fair to the woman because I would be ready for her to leave.

1 Like

Re: I Quit Talking To Her Upon Discovering She Has Tribal Marks on her Face. by InkedNerd(f): 9:20am On Apr 24, 2011
Princek12:

It is not like she went out of her way to deceive me, but she should have told me that she had tribal marks during our phone conversation so that I can make up my mind whether I want to follow through. I am sure she knows that it could be a potential issue.

As to whether we had sex, let's just say we had a blast during the weekend. But that does not even matter at all, anyway.

As to your finding tribal marks attractive, I think it is good for you. I cannot wife a girl who has tribal marks; that is not my preference at all. It may even affect my career if I bring a girl with marks on her face to my conventions and meetings. Besides, I just know a woman like that is not for me because it would bother me every time I see those marks. It would not be fair to the woman because I would be ready for her to leave.

I'm not saying it is a must for you to be with a woman who has tribal marks. We all have likes and dislikes but the way you went about this whole thing is what makes everyone look at you as they are. As for you saying you had a "blast" when I asked if you if you had sex with her, I'm just gonna go ahead and assume that you and this girl had some sort of sexual encounter whether it was intercourse or not and if that is the case, why is it ok for you to have some sort of sexual relation with her but not ok for you to date or marry her? As for her telling you she had tribal marks, you should be blaming yourself, not her. Why would you say you are sure she knows it could be a potential issue? So because it is an issue for you that means its an issue for others? Your issues aren't the issues of others. For all you know, she may not have even thought anything of her tribal marks until you brought it up. The issue that is present is within you, not her.
Re: I Quit Talking To Her Upon Discovering She Has Tribal Marks on her Face. by Nobody: 12:28pm On Apr 24, 2011
@ poster if you dont like girls with tribal marks you dont like them. Its ok if you quit talking to her cos of her tribal marks it just goes to show you are not into her enough to ignore the tribal marks but doing her before fleeing now thats bad of you very bad of you.
Re: I Quit Talking To Her Upon Discovering She Has Tribal Marks on her Face. by Nobody: 8:29pm On Nov 25, 2011
Prince, that's kinda shallow of you bro. undecided
Re: I Quit Talking To Her Upon Discovering She Has Tribal Marks on her Face. by MrsChima1(f): 9:26pm On Nov 25, 2011
Tribal marks on the face doesn't interfere with the person's personality and character.
Re: I Quit Talking To Her Upon Discovering She Has Tribal Marks on her Face. by Nobody: 3:17am On Nov 26, 2011
really though! some people sef. tongue
Re: I Quit Talking To Her Upon Discovering She Has Tribal Marks on her Face. by Nobody: 7:03am On Nov 26, 2011
Princek12 when u were complaining about tribal marks i expected to see some heavy thick ogbomosho tribal marks dat some yorubas wear across their chick.But the one i am seeing on the cheek of the lady u just uploaded her pix is not that obvious and she is preety as well.if your girl looks like her and has that type of tribal mark why u complaining?
Afterall its not the disfiguring tribal marks that some ppl have.
Re: I Quit Talking To Her Upon Discovering She Has Tribal Marks on her Face. by Laird(m): 7:28pm On Dec 30, 2012
PLEASE BEFORE GETTING CLOSE TO SOMEONE LET THE PERSON KNOW ALL YOUR WEAKNESSES, FAULTS AND CIMPERFECTIONS SO THAT THE PERSON CAN MAKE INFORMED CHOIUCES.

GETTING CLOSE TO SOMEONE WITHOUT ALL THE FACTS IS EQUAL TO EMOTIONAL FRAUD.........SO PLEASE BE TRUTHFUL
Re: I Quit Talking To Her Upon Discovering She Has Tribal Marks on her Face. by Laird(m): 7:49pm On Dec 30, 2012
LADY IN CHINA DID SURGERY TO BEAUTIFY FACE,,,,,,, DID NOT TELL HUBBY BEFORE GETTING MARRIED..
HUBBY GOT MARRIED,,,,,,,SHE GAVE BIRTH TO BABY WHO HAD HER FORMER NON SURGERY FACE. HUSBAND LATER FOUND OUT BECAUSE OF BABBYS LOOKS AND SHE CONFESSING. I THINK HE DIVORCED HER.....
Re: I Quit Talking To Her Upon Discovering She Has Tribal Marks on her Face. by Nobody: 8:04pm On Dec 30, 2012
Yeah, a fine man today complaining about a lady's tribal marks. You will soon become a disabled man by tomorrow and let us see which is better. Olosi okuri. Ode.
Re: I Quit Talking To Her Upon Discovering She Has Tribal Marks on her Face. by sexyeyes2012: 8:08pm On Dec 30, 2012
I understand where u coming from. I went on a couple of dates with a dude who had tribal marks but I had to end it. He was a scary looking dude, scared me and everyone around him shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

-- / What Is This Man Doing To Himself With This BIG Woman? / Can You Kiss Your Bae During Early Morning Sex Even When They Have Not Brushed??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.