Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,961 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:23 AM

Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. (15649 Views)

A Minute Of Silence For New Corpers From Imsu Who Died On Their Way To Camp / NYSC Bars Corpers From Borno And Yobe / Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by Chrisbenogor(m): 2:00am On Apr 23, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Ok, are you speaking of a temporary withdraw or a permanent one?

A permanent one is simply impossible if Nigeria sticks together. And you can't scrap off the program because it's an essential part of Nigeria (well, IMO).
I am saying it should be modified, people should choose what culture they want to learn, this is a democracy after all we should be allowed to choose any of the six geo political zone aside from your own to serve that ought to do it, I am pretty sure many people do not know much about where they come from  grin grin why not send them there? Nigeria is very polarised, have you looked at the chilling map of how they voted?
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by Nobody: 2:05am On Apr 23, 2011
Chrisbenogor:

I am saying it should be modified, people should choose what culture they want to learn, this is a democracy after all we should be allowed to choose any of the six geo political zone aside from your own to serve that ought to do it, I am pretty sure many people do not know much about where they come from  grin grin why not send them there? Nigeria is very polarised, have you looked at the chilling map of how they voted?

Yea, I saw the map. Rigging, low turn out and what not.

And I do quite agree with the modification process, but sometimes people would rather choose their father's land, where their father's luxurious mansion dey. Not the purpose of the program. I know that if I had the option of choosing, I'd choose VI, baby!

By the way, for NYSC, do ppl get to choose where they want to live or are they forced to live on campus (?) ?
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by ayomifull(f): 2:11am On Apr 23, 2011
@ contracolt i signed it but cant find my name on d list and it wasnt added to the no, any issues there?
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by strangest(m): 2:11am On Apr 23, 2011
Na wao! This CPC suporters would hv killed me yesterday, no see threat oooo. Even after forcing underaged voters on me they wanted me to give them the remaining ballot paper to thiumb print. Thank God for the police and am happy i could stand for God and my nation. To all corps members who stood despite these threats esp. In the north bravo! Nigeria! Our change has come. (The last post of Ukeoma Aikfavour on facebook, an NYSC Corps member that lost his life in Bauchi following post election violence)
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by Nobody: 2:12am On Apr 23, 2011
I can say with all certainty now that the only person i really hate on this Nairaland is this fool called KOBOJUNKIE! she is soooo smart that she is dumb!
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by jmaine: 2:12am On Apr 23, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Real thoughtful post.

@ The bolded part, did you expect NYSC to deport thair corp members into luxurious environments? That will not achieve the purpose of the NYSC mission.
These corps members are supposed to be exposed to the difficulties in Nigeria so they can envision strategical plans to build up Nigeria. Why send them to Victoria Island to enjoy, that's not the purpose.

Was just explaining the peculiarity of the programme where you are uprooted from your comfort zone and thrown into zone that shocks you . .you cry over the shock and then enjoy the experience . .so yes throwing us into those uninteresting places is not always fun but part of the system like we all know " Learning and understanding their lifestyle,peculiar need or lack , the temperament of the people and their ability to appreciate and tolerate you in entirety . .so we are not arguing about that aspects but are rather concerned about even staying alive in those areas

Ileke-IdI:

Even though I support your analysis on security. The point of a Govt security is to provide protection incase one has the unfortunate circumstance of living amongst dangerous neighbors.

Yes we all know the government is lagging behind in security matters which is a must if the socioeconomic life of the people is to be insured . .and we all know that security of life's and property is a major issue to be improved upon . .

Since the lack of security in our nation is systemic in nature . .the correction won't happen overnight , it will take concerted efforts from the government to birth adequate security infrastructure and personnel's and that won't happen in a jiffy like i said . . so in the absent of adequate security . .what is expected of us is to adapt to the prevailing circumstances . . and that is why the call for the retraction of NYSC members from those unsafe havens is one of those adaptation.Because this are a set of people who don't even understand the native language of the people and you know that is a very big disadvantage . .  . . and moreover they never bargained for this . .

While we wait for the security network to improve . .NYSC corp members lives must be put out of harms way . . . so the withdrawal is a good measure to forestall future anguish from bereaved parents/guardian. . . . and moreover if your community is determined to exterminate you . .and you live freely among them . .no be kasala be that  sad

abeg make i go sleep .   .
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by Chrisbenogor(m): 2:13am On Apr 23, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Yea, I saw the map. Rigging, low turn out and what not.

And I do quite agree with the modification process, but sometimes people would rather choose their father's land, where their father's luxurious mansion dey. Not the purpose of the program. I know that if I had the option of choosing, I'd choose VI, baby!

By the way, for NYSC, do ppl get to choose where they want to live or are they forced to live on campus (?) ?
First three weeks of camp is compulsory after that you are supposed to live in corpers lodges but trust the dilapidation and sky rocketing population you have to get a place for yourself.
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by pleep(m): 2:13am On Apr 23, 2011
quote from Jerseyboy.
Kobojunkie is a Northern apologist. The over 500 people killed in January voluntarily chose to live in Jos. NYSC members are forced into their predicament by an act of the government. There is no logic in this reasoning.

She is also a slavery apologist, a colonial apologist, a Neo-colonial apologist, a white racism apologist, IMF apologist, a World bank apologist, and probably a KKK apologist also, Obviously one of those people who likes to put the blame on the victim. It is truly bizarre undecided, But hey i guess the devil needs an advocate.
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by virgo(f): 2:35am On Apr 23, 2011
It is amazing how people post arguments that border on the senile. If you have any shred of humanity in you, after looking at the pictures of those innocent Nigerians hacked down in their prime, you will understand the clamour for the modification/scrapping of the NYSC scheme. SCRAP THE DAMN THING. HUMAN LIVES ARE TOO PRECIOUS TO WASTE. angry
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by contracult: 2:45am On Apr 23, 2011
Ayomifull said

@ contracolt i signed it but cant find my name on d list and it wasnt added to the no, any issues there?

Really? Can you sign it again? DId you move the slider that says prove you are a person? Please do not give up this is important.
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by efisher(m): 2:57am On Apr 23, 2011
Quick tip: Whenever you see junk posts, simply ignore them. The originator of junk posts seems to be a malicious software. There is no need arguing with IT! Many times, I just scroll past such posts without reading.

Back to the topic. Corpers no longer benefit much from NYSC. A lot of them end up wasting away for a year. Others even lose their lives. It is the nation that stands to gain from them. The North even benefits more from the scheme. If their safety cannot be guaranteed, they should be withdrawn. When such states begin to feel the negative impact of not having corpers sent to them, nobody will beg them to put their houses in order. For now, all states that cannot safeguard corpers should be denied corpers. Like it or not, the murder of a corper serving the nation should not be treated the same way any other murder should be treated. That may be hard to swallow but that is how it should be. I can liken it to the way press men are treated during wars. There are rules of engagement and deliberate killing of press men is not allowed during wars. Such cases are not treated with levity.
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by virgo(f): 3:04am On Apr 23, 2011
@Contracult, still not being able to send my petition. I can't find the slider,
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by contracult: 3:15am On Apr 23, 2011
Thank you for letting me know. I have reported it. Hopefully it can be corrected soon.

Bummer.

I will report here once the problem is resolved. Anybody else facing this issue?

Thanks.
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by contracult: 4:15am On Apr 23, 2011
Okay, The system is working. I was just able to sign in on it. Please try again! I will be watching this thread for any problems. Thanks.
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by MSY: 4:45am On Apr 23, 2011
@Kobojunkie & Ileke-Idi

The petition seeks the withdrawal of Youth Corpers from violence prone areas of the North, primarily to protect the lives of those Corpers. Its really that simple. We can be politically correct and ask the "government to provide security", but this will not save their lives when the next riot breaks out. When the next riot happens, these Corpers will be the target, they will be sitting ducks. There are parents who are grieving right now. Having spent all these years training their children, only to have them snuffed out in murderous rage. This is unacceptable.

On the point being reiterated by Kobojunkie about what will happen to other programs in the North, there is no other program that forces [/b]participants to exist in a particular location, except the NYSC. The NYSC is [b]manditory. It also tells you where you [b]must [/b]serve. You are not given any options. I cannot think of any other program that has such stipulations. Civil servants posted to the North are free to resign and seek alternate employment, as many have done in the past. You cannot do that with the NYSC, simply because an NYSC certificate is a requirement for employment in most establishments.
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by comechop(m): 4:46am On Apr 23, 2011
yea kobojunkie must be paid by seun to make 'insightful' and dumb arguments - just to generate revenue. plain and simple.

no one can be this argumentative and generally ignorant.
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by pleep(m): 4:59am On Apr 23, 2011
comechop:

yea kobojunkie must be paid by seun to make insightful and dumb arguments - just to generate revenue. plain and simple.

no one can be this argumentative and generally ignorant.
Haha I'm starting to suspect that also.
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by Nobody: 5:50am On Apr 23, 2011
Ukeoma Aikfavour Favorite Quotations from his facebook page.

When wealth is lost, nothing is lost. When health is lost something is lost but when character is lost all is lost.

What a lad. What a loss. RIP
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by colby100: 6:33am On Apr 23, 2011
i think the northern youth corpers should serve in the north,no more shuffling. bring back our southern brothers and sisters,i am scared to death for my sister up in the north.i cant see us southerners killing these so called abokis over here. what on earth is wrong with these people. i am so sad and this situation only makes me despise buhari more.
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by Nobody: 6:45am On Apr 23, 2011
jmaine:

Was just explaining the peculiarity of the programme where you are uprooted from your comfort zone and thrown into zone that shocks you . .you cry over the shock and then enjoy the experience . .so yes throwing us into those uninteresting places is not always fun but part of the system like we all know " Learning and understanding their lifestyle,peculiar need or lack , the temperament of the people and their ability to appreciate and tolerate you in entirety . .so we are not arguing about that aspects but are rather concerned about even staying alive in those areas

Yes we all know the government is lagging behind in security matters which is a must if the socioeconomic life of the people is to be insured . .and we all know that security of life's and property is a major issue to be improved upon . .

Since the lack of security in our nation is systemic in nature . .the correction won't happen overnight , it will take concerted efforts from the government to birth adequate security infrastructure and personnel's and that won't happen in a jiffy like i said . . so in the absent of adequate security . .what is expected of us is to adapt to the prevailing circumstances . . and that is why the call for the retraction of NYSC members from those unsafe havens is one of those adaptation.Because this are a set of people who don't even understand the native language of the people and you know that is a very big disadvantage . .  . . and moreover they never bargained for this . .

While we wait for the security network to improve . .NYSC corp members lives must be put out of harms way . . . so the withdrawal is a good measure to forestall future anguish from bereaved parents/guardian. . . . and moreover if your community is determined to exterminate you . .and you live freely among them . .no be kasala be that  sad

abeg make i go sleep .   .

Oh ok oh!

MSY:

@Kobojunkie & Ileke-Idi

The petition seeks the withdrawal of Youth Corpers from violence prone areas of the North, primarily to protect the lives of those Corpers. Its really that simple. We can be politically correct and ask the "government to provide security", but this will not save their lives when the next riot breaks out. When the next riot happens, these Corpers will be the target, they will be sitting ducks. There are parents who are grieving right now. Having spent all these years training their children, only to have them snuffed out in murderous rage. This is unacceptable.

On the point being reiterated by Kobojunkie about what will happen to other programs in the North, there is no other program that forces [/b]participants to exist in a particular location, except the NYSC. The NYSC is [b]manditory. It also tells you where you [b]must [/b]serve. You are not given any options. I cannot think of any other program that has such stipulations. Civil servants posted to the North are free to resign and seek alternate employment, as many have done in the past. You cannot do that with the NYSC, simply because an NYSC certificate is a requirement for employment in most establishments.

I understand, but one question tho;

If this violence usually occurs before, during and after election, since the Govt can foresee the riot, why not try to post some sort of temporary security in the North during those periods?
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by xtremeidea(m): 6:54am On Apr 23, 2011
Signed and linked to Facebook
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by Nobody: 8:16am On Apr 23, 2011
Zap.I.N.G HAUSAS, I HATE THEM
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by sledge406: 8:21am On Apr 23, 2011
Ileke-Idi's comment

Dont mind him

KoboJ you're making solid points. You need to understand that ppl are too emotional right now to pay attention to those points.

You're a modified daft version of that junkie. Pitching tents with an imp of a junkie makes you one. Yes, you're an imp! (Source "Sledge"wink

Your first post about the petition

Signed. Infact, srap it off.

Mainly  so I wont to have to do mines. I'm too sensitive for Nigerian NYSC.

Just to get noticed, you pick up from where the junkie stopped asking useless questions or making weak points. Rather than join those who are trying to educate you (you're playing ignorance to fact and truth), I pray and hope that should this petition hold water in the short and long run and your sorry a[i]s[/i]s returns to Naija (if you really are out of Naija) that you be made to serve too. True, international students have an option of where to serve BUT if you with all these your useles posts refuse choosing to be sent up north to a place like Yobe or Adamawa (not because of the violence or anything), heaven and the many voices of Nairaland WILL NEVER forgive you. (I[b]dio[/b]ts who hope to benefit from a system and refuse to do anything about it)

PS: Just so you know, lots of silent readers have been able to detect your high level of stupidity and sync with the re[i]ta[/i]rded junkie hence you get passes to continue playing the role of im[i]be[/i]ciles that you really are.
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by Nobody: 8:25am On Apr 23, 2011
sledge406:

Ileke-Idi's comment

You're a modified daft version of that junkie. Pitching tents with an imp of a junkie makes you one. Yes, you're an imp! (Source "Sledge"wink

Your first post about the petition

Just to get noticed, you pick up from where the junkie stopped asking useless questions or making weak points. Rather than join those who are trying to educate you (you're playing ignorance to fact and truth), I pray and hope that should this petition hold water in the short and long run and your sorry a[i]s[/i]s returns to Naija (if you really are out of Naija) that you be made to serve too. True, international students have an option of where to serve BUT if you with all these your useles posts refuse choosing to be sent up north to a place like Yobe or Adamawa (not because of the violence or anything), heaven and the many voices of Nairaland WILL NEVER forgive you. (I[b]dio[/b]ts who hope to benefit from a system and refuse to do anything about it)

PS: Just so you know, lots of silent readers have been able to detect your high level of stupidity and sync with the re[i]ta[/i]rded junkie hence you get passes to continue playing the role of im[i]be[/i]ciles that you really are.

Obviously my first post was an attempt to dignify my own personal desire to scrap off NYSC.

NYSC as a national requirement, like someone said, should be modified not scrapped off.

Too emotional. Go and calm down, then come back and post something that doesnt contain 80% personal insult. Pele, e n le o.
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by searay(m): 8:30am On Apr 23, 2011
Thumbs up. Infact i double sign.
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by sledge406: 9:07am On Apr 23, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Obviously my first post was an attempt to dignify my own personal desire to scrap off NYSC.

NYSC as a national requirement, like someone said, should be modified not scrapped off.

Too emotional. Go and calm down, then come back and post something that doesnt contain 80% personal insult. Pele, e n le o.
And what does the petition say? Yet you claim to have read it.
You're pointless!
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by Nobody: 9:14am On Apr 23, 2011
sledge406:

And what does the petition say? Yet you claim to have read it.
You're pointless!

What does it say?
Since you're full of pointers, dash one out abeg.

Permanent withdrawal of NYSC corps from the North is NOT going to work. The best thing to do is to provide them with strict securities during election periods. Mr pointer pointee.
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by sledge406: 9:26am On Apr 23, 2011
Me, try to educate you? For someone as yourself who's known to not sit and learn before asking questions?
You're mistaken!

Enjoy being what you are.
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by Nobody: 9:32am On Apr 23, 2011
sledge406:

Me, try to educate you? For someone as yourself who's known to not sit and learn before asking questions?
You're mistaken!

Enjoy being what you are.

Bye bye!

Next?
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by CrudeOil2(m): 9:42am On Apr 23, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

What does it say?

Permanent withdrawal of NYSC corps from the North is NOT going to work. The best thing to do is to provide them with strict securities during election periods. Mr pointer pointee.

Something is wrong with your head!
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by seanet02: 9:44am On Apr 23, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

What does it say?

And how do you provide Corps member scattered over a large expanse of arid land like Northern Nigeria?
Is like you are drunken? Even with northern leaders providing fake Police and Army Uniforms for this m0r0ns i can not trust any Police man nor an Army personnel in the North!!
Just let anything happen to my Cousin serving in Yobe state and see how i will Brutally Hack the Whole Northern Emirs to their untimely but Deserved Death
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by Nobody: 9:47am On Apr 23, 2011
seanet02:

And how do you provide Corps member scattered over a large expanse of arid land like Northern Nigeria?
Is like you are drunken? Even with northern leaders providing fake Police and Army Uniforms for this m0r0ns i can not trust any Police man nor an Army personnel in the North!!
Just let anything happen to my Cousin serving in Yobe state and see how i will Brutally Hack the Whole Northern Emirs to their untimely but Deserved Death

Nothing will happen to your cousin.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Kebbi State Orientation Camp Is The Best In Nigeria (pix) / Kaduna B15 Thread.......... / All NYSC Camps Situation Report & Live Countdown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.