Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,281 members, 7,807,940 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:15 PM

Does Finance Matter In Any Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Finance Matter In Any Relationship? (2581 Views)

Does Looks Matter In A Relationship / Does Your Denomination Really Matter In Your Relationship? / Can Any Relationship Be Completely Equal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Finance Matter In Any Relationship? by asanga(m): 7:06pm On Feb 08, 2006
This question have been bothering me ever since I met this girl and she told me without money this relationship would not work I was scared because of this statement it made me feel she just needed my money.

I left her and had to go searching for a lady that will go out with me for who I am not for what I have, what do you think? Must i bring in money in this I don`t think so?

Pls help me.
Re: Does Finance Matter In Any Relationship? by bussy1(f): 7:17pm On Feb 08, 2006
it really does not matter at all i am in aserious relationship now and looking towards marriage i live in amerca{we both do} and if you know america very well you would know it is not easy for one person to carry everything when i first met him he had so many comminments that i didnt get moni from him i only got occasional gifts and i still loved him there was atime he was not working and i still loved him so it reall doesnt matter and i too didnt work for a while but we love each other unconditionally moni shldnt be a citeria
pls my brther look for your real love
wish you luck
Re: Does Finance Matter In Any Relationship? by Timpaul(m): 8:02pm On Feb 08, 2006
well, finance matters but not much, If not all girls most of dem like gifts, and this need money.so at least you need to have small money to take her out and buy gifts, but if na money she dey come 4 u .better make she go do Ritual's get money. grin
Re: Does Finance Matter In Any Relationship? by smartsoft(m): 12:56am On Feb 09, 2006
Well it doesn't matter.. only if she understand you better, that is why its kinda good, when toasting her, you got to come out plain and not saying blah blah blah.. i mean liessssss.. that you father is the president of nigeria
Re: Does Finance Matter In Any Relationship? by MatureMe(f): 7:06am On Feb 12, 2006
Money matters if you're thinking about marrying and starting a family. Before that there should be discussions on how you and the woman feel about money issues. This should be seriously talked about if the relationship is becoming more permanent.
Re: Does Finance Matter In Any Relationship? by Rhodalyn(f): 2:46pm On Feb 22, 2006
love is love
if i really love a guy i wldnt give a Bleep whether or not he's got cash
Re: Does Finance Matter In Any Relationship? by Seun(m): 10:03pm On Apr 18, 2006
Re: Does Finance Matter In Any Relationship? by sputty: 2:24pm On Apr 19, 2006
i believe finance isnt really a criteria for dating. any gal telling u without u being rich ur relationship wont work then ure in for it. just leave and forget it because she just told u the plain truth by defining her self in few words.
Re: Does Finance Matter In Any Relationship? by COLLINSibe(m): 6:13pm On Nov 29, 2007
you can bet your life on this

it matters alot.

there are some things u need no one to remind u

u need to get for yr girl.

some times you find yr self in delematic situation,

yr girl need cash to tidy one or two thing which ordinaryly

u are suppose to tokia of.

and she draws the demand curve,

and u dont repond

it will be so annoy to u wen u find out that u are not meeting up

with the demands of yr personal person
Re: Does Finance Matter In Any Relationship? by Oracle(m): 11:05am On Dec 10, 2007
I think it matters in all relationships
Even the Bible says "Money answereth all things"
Re: Does Finance Matter In Any Relationship? by mayau(f): 11:13am On Dec 10, 2007
It depends on where you live.If its in the city yes money does matters.If its in the village money does'nt matter much (I'm saying this beacuse when I had my posting at the village I don't need much money).

I wish you good luck in finding the girl who takes you for who you are.
Re: Does Finance Matter In Any Relationship? by waterworks(f): 1:41pm On Dec 10, 2007
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

by by the way i havent read the thread yet. but, lets just say theres been a lot of digging for gold around my area.
Re: Does Finance Matter In Any Relationship? by waterworks(f): 1:47pm On Dec 10, 2007
ok read the thread. it does matter if:

1) u cant stand on ure own two feet you depend on her all the time

2) alwys borrowing never paying back

3) u can never cut ure coat according to ure size.

ok so if u have enough for you u dont need to hav enimore we can compromise, HOWEVERRRR if u are depending on me and im eating mama putt and u want to eat mr biggs WAHALA DEY OHH!!
Re: Does Finance Matter In Any Relationship? by sammyjl(f): 2:38pm On Feb 20, 2008
Oh it does matter, face it, money matters for sure
Re: Does Finance Matter In Any Relationship? by annboga(f): 5:00pm On Feb 20, 2008
Money deaos not really matter in a relationship
as such.butit deos abit anyway.the main point
is that if in a situation where ur parter deos
not av anything at a glance,u shouldn't act
otherwise, aiight, safe
Re: Does Finance Matter In Any Relationship? by viviyn(f): 4:59pm On Feb 21, 2008
I personally find it difficult to ask my guy for money. Sometimes, I get to spend on him when I know he is flat. Though I dont give him cash, cos it might affect his ego, rather I buy foodstuffs and stock his kitchen, and stuff like that.
I dont think money should determine a relationship.
Re: Does Finance Matter In Any Relationship? by Busta(f): 5:02pm On Feb 21, 2008
As for me, it matters . . . BIG TIME!

I no want sufferhead
Re: Does Finance Matter In Any Relationship? by CrazyMan(m): 5:03pm On Feb 21, 2008
It matters; money is respect; when you have money, your woman would respect you.
Re: Does Finance Matter In Any Relationship? by HottFunmi: 5:15pm On Feb 21, 2008
By Bussy1,
it really does not matter at all i am in aserious relationship now and looking towards marriage i live in amerca{we both do} and if you know america very well you would know it is not easy for one person to carry everything when i first met him he had so many comminments that i didnt get moni from him i only got occasional gifts and i still loved him there was atime he was not working and i still loved him so it reall doesnt matter and i too didnt work for a while but we love each other unconditionally moni shldnt be  a citeria
please my brther look for your real love
wish you luck

Assuming you live in Abuja and have two men hitting on you and both live in lagos. The one that has a job can afford to come to Abuja and see you often while the other that is an applicant can barely afford a phone call how much less visiting you although he really loves you and wants to do those things. Which one will you fall for? Finance is the operating system of any relationship.
Re: Does Finance Matter In Any Relationship? by skyone(m): 6:20pm On Feb 21, 2008
@poster

at least 95% of ladies will consider their man to be well to do (money) but at the same time shy away from letting you know.

You will only find out when gari is out of stock in the house, no oil, no meat on the rice etc, when this occur in the family affair the woman rakes and reality will show up.

Please dont be deceived, work hard and pray i believe you will always enjoy your relationship and marital life with great riches.
Re: Does Finance Matter In Any Relationship? by OmoEko1(f): 3:33am On Feb 24, 2008
No money, No relationship, No Love and dammit NO SEX grin grin grin, that's my RULE cheesy cheesy. just kidding oh grin
Re: Does Finance Matter In Any Relationship? by LadyT(f): 3:38am On Feb 24, 2008
you heard this song, grin

Bill collectors at my door
What can you do for me
Hey

No romance without finance

Boy, nothin’ in life is free
That’s why I’m askin’ you what can you do for me
I’ve got responsibilities
So I’m lookin’ for a man whose got money in his hands

‘Cause nothin’ from nothin’ leaves nothin’
You got to have somethin’ if you wanna be with me
Oh, life is too serious, love’s too mysterious
A fly girl like me needs security

‘Cause ain’t nothin’ goin’ on but the rent
You got to have a J-O-B if you wanna be with me
Ain’t nothin’ goin’ on but the rent

I said no romance without finance

Boy, you’re silky ways are sweet
But you’re only wastin’ time if your pockets are empty
I’ve got lots of love to give
But I will have to avoid you if you’re unemployed

‘Cause nothin’ from nothin’ leaves nothin’
‘Cause life is too serious, love’s too mysterious

Oh, you look good to me
Your silky words are sweet
But your pockets sure look empty

Ooh, nothin’ from nothin’ leaves nothin’
Whoa, life is too serious, love’s too mysterious
I said life is too serious, love’s too mysterious
Fly girl like me needs security

What can you do for me
Oh, you look good to me
Your silky words are sweet
But your pockets sure look empty

I’m lookin’ for a man to put some money in my hands
Re: Does Finance Matter In Any Relationship? by Nobody: 3:48am On Feb 24, 2008
Omo Eko:

No money, No relationship, No Love and dammit NO SEX grin grin grin,
you're right . . . am not joking o. am not living as a church rat , and it does not mean i have to live like queen Elizabeth either. . . that's why I'll also be "contributing" to help the relationship financially.
Re: Does Finance Matter In Any Relationship? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Mar 10, 2008
Of course money's very important, but nobody says it has to be from the Man. She can always 'finance' the r/ship. If she's a student, then forget it bro. Wait till you have money, before you start thinking of a r/ship.
Re: Does Finance Matter In Any Relationship? by easybaby2(f): 7:05pm On Mar 10, 2008
money for hand back for grand cool cool
Re: Does Finance Matter In Any Relationship? by TOYOSI20(f): 7:09pm On Mar 10, 2008
@ Post

That'll be a BIG FAT YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tongue
Re: Does Finance Matter In Any Relationship? by adeboo(f): 7:17pm On Mar 10, 2008
Finance definitely matters in a relationship.

You need money to do so much - u may not have too much but you gotta have enough to do certain things like going out etc.

We were just talking about this the other day, when we watched a nollywood movie when the guy pretended to be poor to see if the girl liked him for his money or whatever. I just simply replied that God has to be on ma side to pass that test - cause omo i dont know o.

Its not like i am after a millionaire but we must be able to afford the basics now.
Re: Does Finance Matter In Any Relationship? by whitelexi(m): 8:29pm On Mar 10, 2008
Life and experience has taught me that money does matter in a relationship with any Nigerian girl grin

Many will frown and deny it but the difference is clear when u date someone from a different nationality, infact, it seems as if our girls are the only women in the entire world that one needs to spend money to keep.

As unique as it is, its got its bad side.
Re: Does Finance Matter In Any Relationship? by adeboo(f): 8:41pm On Mar 10, 2008
whitelexi:

Life and experience has taught me that money does matter in a[b] relationship with any Nigerian girl[/b] grin

Many will frown and deny it but the difference is clear when u date someone from a different nationality, infact, it seems as if our girls are the only women in the entire world that one needs to spend money to keep.

I find these statements deeply offensive.
It may be right or wrong i dont know but maybe its something in our culture - seems it seems that its alll Nija girls that act like that.
I feel that our men have a part in us being like these too - they usually feel that they can impress u with the money they spend. Then we have just simply been spoilt by Nija men so thats that.

Well, with every other nationality - maybe u should try the Irish girls, they are tre materialistic and trust me when you dont got - they step and their men say that too.

So i feel that painting Nija girls in this light is just tre negative.

Keep your heads up Nija girls - Nija females for life! grin
Re: Does Finance Matter In Any Relationship? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Mar 10, 2008
I feel that our men have a part in us being like these too - they usually feel that they can impress u with the money they spend. Then we have just simply been spoilt by Nigeria men so thats that.

That's true
Re: Does Finance Matter In Any Relationship? by donchichi: 8:48pm On Mar 10, 2008
this is the 21st century guys. there is no romance without finance.
Re: Does Finance Matter In Any Relationship? by squirrel20(f): 9:59pm On Mar 10, 2008
whitelexi:

Life and experience has taught me that money does matter in a relationship with any Nigerian girl grin

YOU ARE VERY WRONG AND I DONT AGREE WIT YOU

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can He Change? / Marriage Proposal After Four Days / I Need A wifey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.