Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,540 members, 7,808,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:40 PM

Would The South Be Peaceful If Jonathan Was Rigged Out - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Would The South Be Peaceful If Jonathan Was Rigged Out (5197 Views)

Governorship And House Of Assembly Elections Will Be Peaceful - Jonathan / Obasanjo Warns Nigerians Against Allowing Buhari To Be Rigged Out! / We Shifted Election Because Jonathan Was Losing--opc Founder, Fasheun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would The South Be Peaceful If Jonathan Was Rigged Out by egift(m): 6:48pm On Apr 22, 2011
Its only one with a lying fingers that will type that the last Presidential Elections was not rigged.

I ask, if Jonathan had lost the election and it is believed to be rigged, will the South - especially the SS be peaceful? For instance:
- Will the militants keep quite?
- Will the Northerners in the South be safe?
- No bloodshed?

I hate it when folks defend this rigged election just because it favours their candidate, kinsman or a man of same religion.

I do not support the killing that have taking place mostly in the North, but you guys should not act as if it would not have still happened if the reverse was the case.
Re: Would The South Be Peaceful If Jonathan Was Rigged Out by egift(m): 6:51pm On Apr 22, 2011
Just when you will expect something good from Nigeria, you will discover the divide is worse. I weep for this country. Hypocrites are many crook/corrupt politicians look better cry cry cry
Re: Would The South Be Peaceful If Jonathan Was Rigged Out by Obiagu1(m): 6:58pm On Apr 22, 2011
Attack innocent civilians, hell NO!
Attack government infrastructure, maybe yes, this is the difference.

You have to be specific and rephrase your post to Would The South Go On a Killing Rampage If Jonathan Was Rigged Out and the answer will be hell NO! We are not murderers!
Re: Would The South Be Peaceful If Jonathan Was Rigged Out by hercules07: 7:02pm On Apr 22, 2011
@Obiagu

Were you around when Abiola died? Lagos boiled that night, many lives were lost, if Jonathan had lost, people would have died, the militants would have bombed everywhere.
Re: Would The South Be Peaceful If Jonathan Was Rigged Out by Obiagu1(m): 7:04pm On Apr 22, 2011
hercules07:

@Obiagu

Were you around when Abiola died? Lagos boiled that night, many lives were lost, if Jonathan had lost, people would have died, the militants would have bombed everywhere.

What  Who took to the streets? Yorubas? Igbos? Hausas?  Who was killing who?

I need answers urgently!
Re: Would The South Be Peaceful If Jonathan Was Rigged Out by egift(m): 7:05pm On Apr 22, 2011
Obiagu1:

Attack innocent civilians, hell NO!
Attack government infrastructure, maybe yes, this is the difference.

You have to be specific and rephrase your post to Would The South Go On a Killing Rampage If Jonathan Was Rigged Out and the answer will be hell NO! We are not murderers!

And give assistance and congratulatory message to every Aboki and Mallam you meet on your way to blow up Federal Government facilities? Hypocrisy at best.

----------------
UPDATE
----------------
For those thugs insulting their families I hope you are not carried away by the useless renaming of this thread at the Home page?

If you have followed my post on this thread,
- I condemned this horrible killing of fellow Nigerians.
- I also said with the level of hatred and division in this country, the there is no ethnic group if rigged out in the scheme of things that will not be angry, whether not North, South, East or West.
- The rate at wish these other groups will respond may not be known in comparison to the way these Abokis have reacted.
- I also maintain that poor leadership, poverty, injustice and poor leadership is responsible for the reason why these crises keep spring up without control.

Therefore, I blame the government the more for lack of security or lives in this country. I also blame our political elites (ruling and opposition) for using these crises to advance their political goals.

If some how you are not cannot accept this its ok. The problem continues. But for anyone to try to bully me into your hypocrisy - you better jump into a lagoon and do hug a Nuclear Reactor on your way out.
Re: Would The South Be Peaceful If Jonathan Was Rigged Out by Obiagu1(m): 7:06pm On Apr 22, 2011
^^^

You people are murderers and the world will be good without your kind!

4 generations of murderers live in the North and nothing is done about it.
Re: Would The South Be Peaceful If Jonathan Was Rigged Out by egift(m): 7:10pm On Apr 22, 2011
Obiagu1:

What Who took to the streets? Yorubas? Igbos? Hausas? Who was killing who?

I need answers urgently!

Yorubas were killing anything Non-Yoruba. I had people that lost lives and those that lost all they had.

While Alhajis were transporting Abokis for free, my relatives sold all they had (apart from those stoling even in motor-parks) only to stay alive and raise transport fare back to East.
Re: Would The South Be Peaceful If Jonathan Was Rigged Out by Obiagu1(m): 7:12pm On Apr 22, 2011
egift:

Yorubas were killing anything Non-Yoruba. I had people that lost lives and those that lost all they had.

While Alhajis were transporting Abokis for free, my relatives sold all they had (apart from those stoling even in motor-parks) only to stay alive and raise transport fare back to East.

Bloody liar! So that happened and there was not fight between the Igbo and the Yoruba?

1 Like

Re: Would The South Be Peaceful If Jonathan Was Rigged Out by hercules07: 7:12pm On Apr 22, 2011
@Obiagu

Yorubas took to the streets, I was coming from Apapa passing through Oshodi, our bus was stoned from Charity Bus stop to Oshodi, it was the culvert that stopped the bus with the driver bleeding profusely, immediately we came down we were attacked, everything we had was taken from us, the Hausas in Idi Araba were also attacked, Lagos boiled on that day and I am Yoruba.
Re: Would The South Be Peaceful If Jonathan Was Rigged Out by EzeUche3(m): 7:16pm On Apr 22, 2011
Igbo rage is building!

How many of my brothers and sisters will have to be murdered in COLD BLOOD! How many?

How many you animals?!?

How many died by their hands?!?

angry angry angry angry
Re: Would The South Be Peaceful If Jonathan Was Rigged Out by Obiagu1(m): 7:16pm On Apr 22, 2011
hercules07:

@Obiagu

Yorubas took to the streets, I was coming from Apapa passing through Oshodi, our bus was stoned from Charity Bus stop to Oshodi, it was the culvert that stopped the bus with the driver bleeding profusely, immediately we came down we were attacked, everything we had was taken from us, the Hausas in Idi Araba were also attacked, Lagos boiled on that day and I am Yoruba.

Let me help you complete your sentence.

. . . everything we had was taken from us and we were all slaughtered but luckily for me, I resurrected.

1 Like

Re: Would The South Be Peaceful If Jonathan Was Rigged Out by egift(m): 7:21pm On Apr 22, 2011
Obiagu1:

Bloody liar! So that happened and there was not fight between the Igbo and the Yoruba?

This question is not neccessary, but with your response I should ask:
[size=15pt]How old are you?[/size]

Do you know what happened that day - after the anulment of MKO's election?
Re: Would The South Be Peaceful If Jonathan Was Rigged Out by hercules07: 7:22pm On Apr 22, 2011
Obiagu,

Maybe you missed the part where I said the driver was left bleeding profusely, to expatiate, we had tried to pass through Oshodi three times before then, going through Idi Araba was not an option as that place was a war zone. I could not get home that day, I had to sleep in Ilupeju, the next day, I trekked from Ilupeju to Mile 12, you needed to see the destruction and the number of people dead.
Re: Would The South Be Peaceful If Jonathan Was Rigged Out by hercules07: 7:24pm On Apr 22, 2011
@egift

I am even talking about when Abiola died, I believe that was the day Brazil played Holland in the world cup, when the election was annulled, that one was something else, lost a neighbor on Ikorodu road.
Re: Would The South Be Peaceful If Jonathan Was Rigged Out by CrudeOil2(m): 7:24pm On Apr 22, 2011
Poster, are you in anyway justifying the killing of those innocent civilians?
Re: Would The South Be Peaceful If Jonathan Was Rigged Out by Obiagu1(m): 7:25pm On Apr 22, 2011
egift:

This question is not neccessary, but with your response I should ask:
[size=15pt]How old are you?[/size]

Do you know what happened that day - after the anulment of MKO's election?

Don't ask me how old I am because I'm older than you and half of my family live in Lagos.
When did the Yorubas go on a killing rampage after Abiola's death? Answer you murderer brother if not one too!
Re: Would The South Be Peaceful If Jonathan Was Rigged Out by Obiagu1(m): 7:28pm On Apr 22, 2011
hercules07:

Obiagu,

Maybe you missed the part where I said the driver was left bleeding profusely, to expatiate, we had tried to pass through Oshodi three times before then, going through Idi Araba was not an option as that place was a war zone. I could not get home that day, I had to sleep in Ilupeju, the next day, I trekked from Ilupeju to Mile 12, you needed to see the destruction and the number of people dead.

You sound more silly when you start comparing riot which might take a few lives and killing rampage where everyone came out with fuel, machetes, and guns and killing everyone, kids, women, whoever. Lock people up in their homes and set them alight.
Re: Would The South Be Peaceful If Jonathan Was Rigged Out by egift(m): 7:33pm On Apr 22, 2011
Crude Oil:

Poster, are you in anyway justifying the killing of those innocent civilians?

No, my brother. But I mean if it was Jonathan that was rigged out in the last Presidential Election, that:
- Militant would have been on rempage
- Any Aboki in the SS that don't get to the nearest barracks may have as well lost his live.
- Nigeria's oil revenue would have dropped by half

Killing would have occured in many past of the south too. Denying it is living in self-denial.
Re: Would The South Be Peaceful If Jonathan Was Rigged Out by jason123: 7:34pm On Apr 22, 2011
Obiagu1:

Stop deceiving yourself with this sort of statement. You think people naturally fight when there is a riot?? People rather run away than fight especially if its against the Yorubas because they RARELY riot, so for them to do so, they MUST have been pissed off. Moreover, you and I know that Yorubas will not fight a battle that they will not win. So for them to riot, they must have been sure that if their was any upraise (like the ones Hausas did in the early 2000's) it will be a massacre with minimal yoruba lives lost. C'mon, you live in the same country with these people and you do not know them??

1 Like

Re: Would The South Be Peaceful If Jonathan Was Rigged Out by Obiagu1(m): 7:35pm On Apr 22, 2011
jason123:

Stop deceiving yourself with this sort of statement. You think people naturally fight when there is a riot?? People rather run away than fight especially if its against the Yorubas because they RARELY riot, so for them to do so, they MUST have been pissed off. Moreover, you and I know that Yorubas will not fight a battle that they will not win. So for them to riot, they must have been sure that if their was any upraise (like the ones Hausas did in the early 2000's) it will be a massacre with minimal yoruba lives lost. C'mon, you live in the same country with these people and you do not know them??

Re: Would The South Be Peaceful If Jonathan Was Rigged Out by ahidjo: 7:39pm On Apr 22, 2011
A typical Nigerian is a fraudster-This is why they do not see anything wrong with electoral fraud or malpractice. Most are defending and justifying the fraud with everything they have. The consequence of electoral fraud is the production of corrupt and inept leadership. The consequence of inept leadership is security lapses. The consequences of security lapses is the allowance of time for people to be massacred they way they have been doing non-stop since I was born. Niger delta was boiling, Jos has been boiling and in all these, no significant security leadership has been sacked neither is there any descernable workable security measures put in place to curtail the madness. Violence can erupt any where in the world for any reason but the difference is that in serious countries response is rapid, thereby preventing blood shed or reducing it. With the way things are going in Nigeria-clueless leadership and the highly depressing pathetic followership, violence will continue without any solution in sight. We are a confused, unintelligent people with very short memory. It will happen again and people will complain the same way and after that all will be forgotten. Let us eradicate  fraud from our lives. UNTIL WE SAY NO TO FRAUD, NOTHING WILL CHANGE IN NIGERIA
Re: Would The South Be Peaceful If Jonathan Was Rigged Out by malali: 7:39pm On Apr 22, 2011
DIS IS EXACTLY WHAT PDP WANTS THEY HAVE SUCCEEDED IN CREATING CHAOS

AMONGST US,YOU VOTE FOR GEJ YOU DIE,YOU VOTE FOR BUHARI YOU DIE

WHO ARE THE LOSERS,WE ARE THE LOSERS,

GEJ IS IN ASO ROCK SIPPING CHAMPAGNE WITH ANENIH,BODE GEORGE AND IBB AND OBJ

YOU ARE KILLING YOURSELVES LIKE FOOL, FOR THE MOST CORRUPT PARTY IN SUB-SAHARAN AFRICA

DEM NEVER KILL UNA FINISH, I PRAY PDP AND CPC SLAUGHTERS ALL NIGERIANS BEFORE YOU REALIZE

THAT THE GOVERNMENT IS NIGERIA'S PROBLEM

YEYE PEOPLE SEE AS UNA DEY DIE LIKE FOWL,TODAY BOMB BLAST,TOMORROW RIOT, E NO DEY FINISH !!!!!!!!!!
Re: Would The South Be Peaceful If Jonathan Was Rigged Out by Abagworo(m): 7:45pm On Apr 22, 2011
The answer is clear.Nothing will happen in the South East.Little will happen in SS.SW is the only area in the South that can still fight for their rights.

I'm sorry to say this but Igbos have developed a kind of "I don't care" attitude which leaves them in a messy crowd mentality.

For example during the last NASS election where people were prevented from voting using soldiers while the few that were allowed voted APGA,ACN and other opposition in Imo and Abia States but at the end PDP was announced as winner.No single person apart from me talked about it.Ezeuche for example consoled himself that Orji Kalu was rigged out.What it means is that just because he hates Orji Kalu therefore the rigging is ok.

That is the mentality of an average Igbo.
Re: Would The South Be Peaceful If Jonathan Was Rigged Out by CrudeOil2(m): 7:49pm On Apr 22, 2011
egift:

No, my brother. But I mean if it was Jonathan that was rigged out in the last Presidential Election, that:
- Militant would have been on rempage
- Any Aboki in the SS that don't get to the nearest barracks may have as well lost his live.
- Nigeria's oil revenue would have dropped by half

Killing would have occured in many past of the south too. Denying it is living in self-denial.

you are still justifying the killings. You are implying that the killing of innocent southerners by northerners is expected and justfied in the current situation, because the southerners would probably do the same if they were in the northerners shoes which is wrong and also makes you look like a murderer too. Disgusting!
Re: Would The South Be Peaceful If Jonathan Was Rigged Out by malali: 8:08pm On Apr 22, 2011
shame on you for bringing a photoshopped pic to incite people on this forum

nairalanders some people here are impostors they are agents of these politicians

they are here to divide us, from the real problem,we have a failed leadership

and we have a failed transition, don't be gullible to government agents coming to this forum

with pictures to cause hate amongst us, we are all Nigerians, you can never be part of the solution when you
are the problem, like the fellow above bringing a photoshopped picture
Re: Would The South Be Peaceful If Jonathan Was Rigged Out by nweike(m): 8:09pm On Apr 22, 2011
Thats not true check on agata amata's page on face book and you will see it
you son of Bi, h, am sure you are one of the silly f, ks who go around dousing and hiding the truth, That Picture has been flying round on FB thats How Gory the picture so when making comments put that in perspective
Re: Would The South Be Peaceful If Jonathan Was Rigged Out by loco2no(m): 8:12pm On Apr 22, 2011
Abacha & mariam went in2 Aso rock, Only mariam came out. Obasanjo went wit Stella, only Obasanjo came out. Yaradua went wit Turai, Only Turai came out. Goodluck, anyway i hope your name says it all for you AMEN!
Re: Would The South Be Peaceful If Jonathan Was Rigged Out by DeSheikh(m): 8:13pm On Apr 22, 2011
@poster; I think this post is unwarranted. In as much as I get ur point, methinks it is better to come up with constructive ideas on how to prevent future violence of the sort we have witnessed in the past few days.

I am a native of Kano (I am currently on vacation at home) and I witnessed the riot firsthand. IMO, nothing justifies the carnage even though it was initially targeted at the bigshots who are perceived by the perpetrators of the violence as the betrayers of the north. If it had stopped at that & had some of the rioters not attacked non-muslims, non-hausas & other ordinary people (even some CPC/Buhari supporters who are also Hausa-Muslims were affected simply because they were well-to-do), I would have been satisfied for 1 reason. What's my reason? The leaders of the north are largely responsible for the breeding of those cankerworms that carry out killings and riots by their selfishness; only guarding their filial & political interests and turning a blind-eye to the massive poverty, illiteracy, backwardness and so many other ills in the north.

I only pray that our northern elites (having seen the danger face-to-face) will now awaken to the  task of uplifting the masses from ignorance & poverty by representing them well rather than amassing wealth for themselves alone. if not, I'm afraid in the nearest future, non of them will be able to live peacefully in the north.
Re: Would The South Be Peaceful If Jonathan Was Rigged Out by nweike(m): 8:17pm On Apr 22, 2011
Thats not true check on agata amata's page on face book and you will see it
you son of Bi, h, am sure you are one of the stupid f, ks who go around dousing and hiding the truth
Re: Would The South Be Peaceful If Jonathan Was Rigged Out by davidom: 8:31pm On Apr 22, 2011
It will not be well with the person that posted this trend, my family was affected in this senseless killings and lives were lost and you're making comparisms, may the next riot claim your family too so dat u make more useless comparism. Idiot.
Re: Would The South Be Peaceful If Jonathan Was Rigged Out by 10cirenoh: 8:34pm On Apr 22, 2011
leave them, let them suffer, right now, i dont care about Nigeria and Nigerians again, whatever happens, none should say anything (those who voted for continuity).

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NEMA Warns Of Famine As Farmers Flee Boko Haram Attacks / ACN Alleges Threat To Aregbesola’s Life By PDP / PHOTO Ebola Victim Rises From The Dead,first “ebola Zombie” Captured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.