Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,656 members, 7,801,907 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire (13384 Views)

Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare / Channels TV stops Pst Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment On Govt. / Tunde Bakare Reject Cow From GEJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by prince0(m): 7:23pm On Apr 22, 2011
Stv just read it as news, cause of inferno yet unknown.
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by olawalebabs(m): 7:25pm On Apr 22, 2011
Update us fast.
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by karlmax2: 7:40pm On Apr 22, 2011
This is just the begining the blood of the innocent is on his hand and him and Buhari God is not asleep.
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by Bintus2much(m): 7:50pm On Apr 22, 2011
karl max:

This is just the begining the blood of the innocent is on his hand and him and Buhari God is not asleep.

Stop Deceiving yourself there's no blood of any innocent on his hand. He didn't kill anybody. the fire was perhaps an electrical problem

http://www.channelstv.com/global/news_details.php?nid=26787&cat=Politics

The residence of the vice presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change [CPC], Pastor Tunde Bakare has been gutted with fire.

Pastor Bakare who sat in front of the house while the fire was being put out by fire fighters told Channels Television that he does not know the cause of the fire.

According to him, he was called from the house when the fire started, and rushed down to evacuate his family.

Pastor Tunde Bakare was the running mate of General Mohammadu Buhari (rtd) in last presidential election.
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by EzeUche3(m): 7:53pm On Apr 22, 2011
^^^

If this is electrical problems.

Maybe this is divine intervention.
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by satani22: 8:00pm On Apr 22, 2011
coincidence has no power of god or satan in it
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by karlmax2: 8:01pm On Apr 22, 2011
The blood of those innocent nigerian are in his hand and he would surely suffer the Consequences of instigating violence him and his running mate
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by Odunnu: 8:03pm On Apr 22, 2011
Choi!
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by efisher(m): 8:06pm On Apr 22, 2011
Wild wild fire!!!

What does the future hold for Nigeria? God help us.
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by kasiem(m): 8:13pm On Apr 22, 2011
satani22:

coincidence has no power of god or satan in it
man, dont expect god to come down with matches b4 u know that he's angry with bakare. This the beginning
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by Kobojunkie: 8:20pm On Apr 22, 2011
WOW . . . . Someone possible decided to set the house ablaze and we already pretend God had a hand in it?? ROFLMAO!!! Did God also orchestrate the holocaust?

Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by jesus3: 8:20pm On Apr 22, 2011
You guys should stop being hypocrites

Pastor Bakare has integrity more than many World known pastors/imams put together. He would never have sanctioned violence. The only 'but' in is CV is his acceptance to run as the VP candidate with Buhari thereby going against his own vision when he said neither Babagida, Atiku, Obj and Buhari were part of the new Nigeria.

I'm sure you folks doesn't have short memories of events in this country in the last one year or thereabout.

Bakare was a member of the SNG that ensured Gej was installed as the Acting president when Turai Yar adua was leading this country in disguise from Saudi Arabia. They also led a campaign of one man one vote which made Gej offered the group $50,000 for transport back to Lagos from ABJ.

when Yar adua returned from saudi The chief Imam of Abuja Mosque went to visit Yar adua along with other islamic clerics and said Yar adua was well after collecting $$$$$ from Turai.

Some Top rated Pastors like Bishop Oyedepo, CAN president etc also went to visit Yar adua After collecting $$$$$. Pastor bakare was consulted but refused to be an accomplice telling the host that he wouldn't call black white on Yar adua and therefore opted out of the visit.

He has never involved himself in any dirty dealings with any one any where in Nigeria.

I repeat the only but in his CV is joining active politics which im sure came out of his passion for a better Nigeria.

He wouldn't have sanctioned violence as a man of God. The inferno is just an accident and not nemesis
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by EzeUche3(m): 8:23pm On Apr 22, 2011
Kobojunkie, I believe religion has no place in politics.

As a preacher he should know that.

"My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence" (John 18:36)

I am disappointed a supposed "man of God" would enter politics.
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by efisher(m): 8:25pm On Apr 22, 2011
That fire is not an accident. Someone started it. Who? I don't know but it is somebody whether on earth, in heaven or in hell!
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by Kobojunkie: 8:37pm On Apr 22, 2011
EzeUche__:

"My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence" (John 18:36)

ugh . . . . another bubble-brained retort!

First you claim Religion has no place in politics. . . . the man came into Politics as a citizen of the country who has the right to.

But then you follow that with the statement that you are disappointed that a man of God would enter politics . . . . are you sane at all? What part of his religion tells you there is a rule against such?

Worse is you pick a verse from the bible and then try to make it say what it does not . . . isn't blasphemy considered one of the worst sins in the same Bible?

Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by oderemo(m): 8:40pm On Apr 22, 2011
funny when these our pastors are in the pulpit that is the only tym when GOD speak to them, outside the church envioroment GOD will refuse to speak to them .or maybe they are hard at earing.
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by MAYOWAAK: 9:22pm On Apr 22, 2011
EzeUche__:

I'd love to respond to your theological misnomer over "intention to make his kingdom of this world unlike His master Jesus Christ".

That is so much a mistake interpreting the scriptures thus. You seem to assume that stepping u, p to pursue an elective post whose tenure is only four years is "making his kingdom of this world" simply because it is the Presidency of a nation. What an erroneous belief! If a born again christian becomes the President of a Bank, has he made his kingdom of this world? If a born again christian is chosen to head ICAN, CIPM or any other organization like that, has he made his kingdom of this world? If a born again christian becomes the MD of Globacom, MTN, WAMCO, has he made his kingdom of this world? If not, how does a four year political term for servant leadership makes a christian make his kingdom of this world?

The scripture talks about a state of mind! Those who invest their spirits and souls and all their existence in whatever they have, or possess, here on earth and live as if there is no hereafter which is far more important. Hence we have ordinary shop owners who have made their kingdom of this world (won ti wa ile aye mo aya), we have taxi drivers, Pastors of churches, politicians, civil service workers, even choirmasters who have made their kingdom of this world by their attitude to the little office they hold or money they possess. They behave as if there is no tomorrow and as if the whole whole world ends at their feet because of the little advantage they have. Those are the ones who have made their kingdom of this world. It has nothing to do about being in politics, or serving in a political post, which is a time bound servant position at its quintessential best!
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by Nobody: 9:37pm On Apr 22, 2011
Bintus2much:

Stop Deceiving yourself there's no blood of any innocent on his hand. He didn't kill anybody. the fire was perhaps an electrical problem

http://www.channelstv.com/global/news_details.php?nid=26787&cat=Politics

The residence of the vice presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change [CPC], Pastor Tunde Bakare has been gutted with fire.

Pastor Bakare who sat in front of the house while the fire was being put out by fire fighters told Channels Television that he does not know the cause of the fire.

According to him, he was called from the house when the fire started
, and rushed down to evacuate his family.

Pastor Tunde Bakare was the running mate of General Mohammadu Buhari (rtd) in last presidential election.

How come there was no prophecy to this inferno ? Ibos must have got to him. grin
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by Odunnu: 9:39pm On Apr 22, 2011
Or PDP
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by CrudeOil2(m): 9:42pm On Apr 22, 2011
I hope the fire burns some part of his skin.
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by Beaf: 9:47pm On Apr 22, 2011
lol!

The false prophet could not see that his house, built on the sweat of the vulnerable and gullible, would go up in flames. May he continue to witness the flames he wished on others.
Almajiri's in the North went to "vote" just as he recommended on NN24, with kerosine and matches and many people lost children and loved ones; many had their sources of wellbeing damaged or destroyed; many were maimed, others truamatised and violated. May Bakare continue to reap whirlwinds of karma.
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by AndreUweh(m): 9:55pm On Apr 22, 2011
Beaf:

lol!

The false prophet could not see that his house, built on the sweat of the vulnerable and gullible, would go up in flames. May he continue to witness the flames he wished on others.
Almajiri's in the North went to "vote" just as he recommended on NN24, with kerosine and matches and many people lost children and loved ones; many had their sources of wellbeing damaged or destroyed; many were maimed, others truamatised and violated. May Bakare continue to reap whirlwinds of karma.
No need for that, the presidential election has come and gone and we emerged victorious and that is it.
It's a pity he has to suffer another loss within a week.
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by 1025: 10:12pm On Apr 22, 2011

@ezeuche,
since u quoted the bible here, i presume u are informed biblically.
have u heard of that verse that says: do not judge so that u won't be judged.
what about the one that says: any tongue that shall rise against me in judgement shall be condemed. touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm. i will bless those that bless thee and i will course those that course thee.
do u know such names as David, solomon, moses? who are they? rulers of heaven or the world? does their involvement on earthly politics made them sinners.
sometimes, i feel nigerians operate more with goat brains than that of human beings. otherwise, how can we leave all those responsible for our backwardness to insult those who have given their lives trying to save us? we rather celebrate known criminals and take to cross men with clean records.
can u name any nigerian politician without daints on his name and can u mention one crime against pastor bakare wether alleged or confirmed?
the much celebrated jonathan has his wife's name pending with efcc. the cabal holds him hostage and as soon as he tries to make any strange move, the wife will go down.
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by Odunnu: 10:41pm On Apr 22, 2011
The world is watching!
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by prettyG: 10:46pm On Apr 22, 2011
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by goggs(m): 11:00pm On Apr 22, 2011
Now Bakare has tasted what others have tasted in the WILD WILD NORTH!

He has forgotten what the bible says about the tongue and its power. He should have thought well before uttering the wild wild north speech. WHAT WOULD CHRIST HAVE DONE if he were in the position of Bakare? would he call for violence? Bakare should have used his position as running mate to buhari to show propagate the light of Christ by being Christlike.

I feel sorry for him though, as I would never be happy for another man's suffering. I hope he learns valuable lessons about violence, utterances and the law of Karma
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by manugbo(m): 11:20pm On Apr 22, 2011
I ALSO FEEL SORRY FOR HIM.

BUT I WOULD LIKE TO ADVISE THAT HE ENTER INTO HIS SECRET ROOM, TALK TO GOD AND ASKED FOR FORGIVENESS.

ITS NOT JUST AN ORDINARY FIRE.

WHY MUST IT BE NOW?

SINCERELY, HE SHOULD HAVE A RE-THINK CONCERNING HIS WAYSSSSSS
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by Omooba77: 11:22pm On Apr 22, 2011
Please accept my sympathy Pastor Bakare, nobody wishes is enemy evil.God will console you and give you the best in replacement. I can't wish you ill becuase heaven is reality and I will not want to miss it. Life is vanity, position, wealth and all the glamour will go one day. Please don't think it is political.Proverb 24:17-18, rejoice not when your your enemy falleth(or evil happened to him and let not God be glad when he stumbleth. Lest the Lord see it and it displease him and turn away his wrath from him.
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by Sunofgod(m): 11:32pm On Apr 22, 2011
Omooba77:

Please accept my sympathy Pastor Bakare, nobody wishes is enemy evil.God will console you and give you the best in replacement. I can't wish you ill becuase heaven is reality and I will not want to miss it. Life is vanity, position, wealth and all the glamour will go one day. Please don't think it is political.Proverb 24:17-18, rejoice not when your your enemy falleth(or evil happened to him and let not God be glad when he stumbleth. Lest the Lord see it and it displease him and turn away his wrath from him.

[b]C[/b]hrist [b]P[/b]unishes [b]C[/b]harlatans - CPC

I have no sympathy for him - he needs to go and reflect on his numerous sins.

Beware of 'False Phrophets'
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by koruji(m): 11:33pm On Apr 22, 2011
Seconded.

As Yorubas would say: "Ba ba nja, ki se bi ka ku", that is, being displeased with his recent political moves does not mean we wish him death or evil. In fact, Pastor Bakare has done nothing wrong with his politics, although he has engaged in some overzealous campaign rhetoric. Still, words can be powerful and we must all watch what we say, especially in a pluralistic nation as Nigeria.

Omooba77:

Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by babs777(m): 11:36pm On Apr 22, 2011
Hello mr, ur bible references show clearly that you re one those confused so-called christians. David, solomon and moses u mentioned but are we davidians,solomonians,mosians? NO! We're christians and supposed to act like christ and christ only. If you read ur bible well, you'll understand that you dont need salvation to be a noble man and patriot. So spare us the 'pastoristic' justification of a noble man.(if you ve problem with the just emphasized, tell me and i'll gladly help u understand better). Back to the real issue: what do you think would ve happened if Jesus christ had tested his popularity in contest with ceaser? Or succumb to the temptation of 'world's power control' offered by satan, pastor tunde bakare is not judged but like any other erring human beings,he missed it. This is the result of getting equally yoked with an unbeliever. Let him return to his calling before his hard earned reputation burns along with his house!
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by cold(m): 11:38pm On Apr 22, 2011
As far i'm concerned,Bakare has more integrity than all the the Men of Con put together & that includes Oyedepo,Adeboye, Oyaks & their ilks.He was one of the leading & founding members of the SNG that put GEJ in that seat in the first place & i still have a lot of respect for him for that singular act.If he decided to run with Buhari then that was his personal decision as a free citizen.
Thank God no life was lost,the house will be replaced probably many folds just like Job in the Bible.So please spare us all that religious rant

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

INEC Schedules Rerun In Rivers, Imo, Kogi, Kano For July 23 & 30 / 2019: EFCC To Invite Kwankwaso Over Fraud / Supreme Court gets full bench as CJN Ariwoola swears in 11 new Justices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.