Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,865 members, 7,802,778 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:22 PM

A Program To Monitor And Restrict Network Printing? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / A Program To Monitor And Restrict Network Printing? (877 Views)

Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 / A Program To Tell Ur Zodiac Sign / [problem] Write A Program In C++ That Finds The Hcf Of 2 Numbers Without Using A Recursive Function (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Program To Monitor And Restrict Network Printing? by initiator(m): 10:04pm On Jul 10, 2007
I have this project i want to implement for this coy and am stuck.

I need a software/application that does the following:
1. Record any material printed on the network, a sort of archiving thing so that staff members cannot use the company's ink for private practice and every day the administrator can view the printed files from who's system.

2. Possibly restrict the amount of prints on a network.

If there's someone who can build such an application, or tell me where to buy it or how it can be done, plz contact asap. thanx
Re: A Program To Monitor And Restrict Network Printing? by initiator(m): 12:08am On Jul 11, 2007
Thnx seun for rephrasing.
Re: A Program To Monitor And Restrict Network Printing? by Dynast(m): 4:34pm On Jul 12, 2007
Look for audit trail, install and configure to track printing from different workstation
Re: A Program To Monitor And Restrict Network Printing? by carliecode(m): 10:47am On Jul 13, 2007
Without even using any software, the configuration can be done using Operating Systems (I know windows has auditing implementation, so also linux). Auditing on a server based network can acheive this. Bt if u lack the expertise to do the configuration, u cld use a third pary software
Re: A Program To Monitor And Restrict Network Printing? by abacus(m): 1:07pm On Jul 13, 2007
what he wants is a software program to solve this,   to monitor network printer or d one attached to his system,  and it should work at d background that no one will be able to disable.

@initiator  abi?

I have d idea, taking it further to prevent a particular from using , i think we can work together.

Lekan is my name: 08056207571, abacusdotcom@gmail.com

cool
Re: A Program To Monitor And Restrict Network Printing? by initiator(m): 2:28pm On Jul 13, 2007
Thanx for all ur responses. Though i gues using OS to audit the prints could be disenabled or what d'u think carliecode. Abacus u got m'idea.

(1) (Reply)

Vb 6.0 Newbie / In Need Of A Search Engine Application / Java Plz:someone Help Me Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.