Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,431 members, 7,808,541 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:14 PM

Memoirs Of A Youth Corper From Kano - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Memoirs Of A Youth Corper From Kano (1411 Views)

Girl Without Limbs Receives Help From Kano State Government. Photos / See What Military Men Did To A Youth Leader In Jos- Photo / Student Treks From Kano To Abuja To Protest Alleged Electoral Malpractice In Tar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Memoirs Of A Youth Corper From Kano by flexshop(m): 9:54pm On Apr 22, 2011
Typing with joy as my family welcomes back my sister from youth service in kano.my heart goes out to families who lost their loved ones, her flight had to be booked from lagos ie kano to lagos flight as she lost all her belongings and could not go out due to fear of being killed,

She came back with shocking tales different from those we heard in the news and from rumours,

Firstly, she said their main assailants were the very same almajiris dat they normally give alms and foodstuffs to,

Kano like you know was heated up by post election violence, she brought tales of death and destruction,
She said about 25 corpers have so far lost their lives.she brought tales of corpers maimed and burnt alive.

Her fellow female corper who served as presiding officer for inec was hacked into two by assailants who brandished sickle like swords, she had stayed in the same room with the victim a night before the sad event.

Another corper had her arm amputated as her assailants wanted to cut off her head, what a shame

I can't continue with the tales because of their gruesome nature,

As long as we are concerned,her service in Kano is OVER. Let NYSC keep their certificate

Nigerians should tell themselves the truth, CORPERS in the north are not safe.
Re: Memoirs Of A Youth Corper From Kano by DeSheikh(m): 10:08pm On Apr 22, 2011
liar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Memoirs Of A Youth Corper From Kano by NDelta(m): 10:15pm On Apr 22, 2011
Congratulation. Your sister is one of the lucky ones may God save us from this barbarians, the earlier we start seeing them as the enemy the better. Islamic terrorists
Re: Memoirs Of A Youth Corper From Kano by flexshop(m): 10:19pm On Apr 22, 2011
De Sheikh:

liar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Useless cow, give me a reason why I would lie? Does it boost me or what?
Or is my sister who I saw today lying,
I wonder when amajiris will start thinking with their heads,

Anyway, like I said as long as I'm alive,her youth service is over,
Re: Memoirs Of A Youth Corper From Kano by flexshop(m): 10:24pm On Apr 22, 2011
N.Delta:

Congratulation. Your sister is one of the lucky ones may God save us from this barbarians, the earlier we start seeing them as the enemy the better. Islamic terrorists

Thanks my brother, she was serving in nassarawa local government, my heart though goes out to those who lost their life in the crises,

And the thought of a cow roaming this thread
Re: Memoirs Of A Youth Corper From Kano by NDelta(m): 10:30pm On Apr 22, 2011
But seriously NYSC should be stopped. Too many of them have been dying in the North. Instead Government should give every uni graduate 200K upon graduation. I think that is better. This is the reason why an hausa man can only have an hausa friend. You need to see hw isolated they are abroad while other Nigerians intermingle they always avoid friendship with hausas here.
Re: Memoirs Of A Youth Corper From Kano by JShama: 10:36pm On Apr 22, 2011
Please,
Lets stop overheating the polity.
I live in the north and I have a wide network of friends. All of them are safe.
I can assure you that most of these stories are told by people who saw nothing. I may not be able to speak for people in other places. But the stories of carnage that went round here were grossly exaggerated versions of the truth. Many places that were said to have been burnt down or destroyed turned out to be standing untouched when I went round town to confirm.
I am not doubting the fact that some people were killed. And my heart goes out to them. My point is that we must not believe unsubstantiated stories. These almajiri kids need education and rehabilitation. They need to be taught the values for human life and nation building. They need to be freed from the shackles of poverty they have been subjected to by their own leaders all these years,
Congrats your sister is back sha, But as for me o, I am staying put, A solution is on the way, God willing
Re: Memoirs Of A Youth Corper From Kano by flexshop(m): 12:37am On Apr 23, 2011
JShama:

Please,
Lets stop overheating the polity.
I live in the north and I have a wide network of friends. All of them are safe.
I can assure you that most of these stories are told by people who saw nothing. I may not be able to speak for people in other places. But the stories of carnage that went round here were grossly exaggerated versions of the truth. Many places that were said to have been burnt down or destroyed turned out to be standing untouched when I went round town to confirm.
I am not doubting the fact that some people were killed. And my heart goes out to them. My point is that we must not believe unsubstantiated stories. These almajiri kids need education and rehabilitation. They need to be taught the values for human life and nation building. They need to be freed from the shackles of poverty they have been subjected to by their own leaders all these years,
Congrats your sister is back sha, But as for me o, I am staying put, A solution is on the way, God willing

Ok.one word for you
GOODLUCK
Re: Memoirs Of A Youth Corper From Kano by baslone: 11:00am On Apr 23, 2011
Good for her! And congratulation!

Next!
Re: Memoirs Of A Youth Corper From Kano by Nobody: 11:42am On Apr 23, 2011
i work in Azare(bt i leav n jos wt my fmly), a town in Bauchi state, d post election violence left most of d chuches burnt, many shops belongng to both ibos and yorubas were burnt down. My landlord who s ibo had his famly house n d twn burnt down. Some people wuld hve ben killed bt i hve no confmatn f ds.
Neva neva fil relax wt an hausaman as t be hvng propty and famly wt thm, make ur mony frm thm and vamuse! They wil never hesitate to slauter u nd ur famly and burn down ur hard earn propties wen dey fil like
Re: Memoirs Of A Youth Corper From Kano by flexshop(m): 11:49am On Apr 23, 2011
cogitoErgo:

i work in Azare(bt i leav n jos wt my fmly), a town in Bauchi state, d post election violence left most of d chuches burnt, many shops belongng to both ibos and yorubas were burnt down. My landlord who s ibo had his famly house n d twn burnt down. Some people wuld hve ben killed bt i hve no confmatn f ds.
Neva neva fil relax wt an hausaman as t be hvng propty and famly wt thm, make your mony frm thm and vamuse! They wil never hesitate to slauter u nd your famly and burn down your hard earn propties wen dey fil like
embarassed embarassed

(1) (Reply)

Funny Pictures / Boko Haram? Bomb Explosion Hit Lekki-epe Express Road Lagos Now / Nigeria's Marriage, Not Made In Heaven; We Can Break It -- Dozie Ikedife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.