Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,585 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:48 PM

You're The Restraining Force Against Evil – Pastor Chris - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You're The Restraining Force Against Evil – Pastor Chris (2383 Views)

Closing The Door Against Evil / Let All Churches Join Together And Fight against Evil(a Must Read). / Asking Without Refusal And Fortification Against Evil Forces (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You're The Restraining Force Against Evil – Pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 8:26am On Apr 23, 2011
2 Thessalonians 2:7-8
For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming

The Apostle Paul in our opening scripture talks about the second coming of Christ, and shows us that we’re the restraining force against evil in our day. The only reason satan has not led the world to man’s total annihilation is because of the resistance put forth by the body of Christ – the Church (1 Corinthians 12:27). Our presence in the earth preserves it, and forbids satan from unleashing terror upon it.

But someone might say, “There’s so much evil and terror in the world already.” Well, that should let you know how much worse it could have been but for our being here! We’re the ones preserving the earth (Matthew 5:13) and limiting the power of the evil one.

Man, on his own, is capable and wicked enough to destroy himself:

“For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, and evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness: All these evil things come form within…” (Mark 7:21-23).

But the prayers of the saints have prevented satan in our day and in days gone by from holding sway over men’s lives. For example, when the death angel came into Egypt, he needed a sign (blood marks on the lintel and doorposts) of the children of Israel to restrain him from destroying God’s people.

Same way, you’re that preventative power against evil today in your home, in your family and amongst your loved ones! The fact that you belong to Christ means His blood is marked on you, and His Name is named upon you! Therefore, when the evil one comes, he passes over you and those of your household. Your presence in a place prevents the devil from dominating and wielding wicked influence over the lives of men and women in the place, because you represent the Body of Christ there.

Understand that you’re the reason there’s a check on the works of darkness in your world, such than men’s lives are preserved and influenced with the Gospel. That’s why you shouldn’t take prayer lightly, especially praying in the Holy Spirit. It dispels the works of darkness and puts to flight the devil and his cohorts. As you speak in other tongues, satan and his demons are perplexed and frustrated, and their evil works vanquished!

Prayer
Dear Father, thank you for making me the restraining force against evil in my family, and in my world! Indeed, I’m the light of the world and the salt of the earth! Therefore I stand my ground in intercession today and declare that the forces of evil in and around me are quelled and overturned in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Ephesians 6:10-18
Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints
Re: You're The Restraining Force Against Evil – Pastor Chris by crossman9(m): 8:20pm On Jun 14, 2011
Great Controversy Over His Real Age In Christ Embassy

Well in the church there is some points the church members don’t discuss nor do the members even want to know about and even if you go on Google it is very hard to find out (Pastor Chris Oyakhilome) his real age no one in the church seems to know his real age, it is closely guarded secret goodness knows why, but they are quick to announce his birthday bashes ever year and lavishing him, with millions in gifts and praise him endlessly but if you ask people in the church most will just simple say they don’t know his age, it’s like a blank wall you run into they will tell you it is not in portent which you would find strange because they place all this energy into entertaining him yet this simple but easy every day fact is kept top secret?
But why all the great sense of mist eke and mysteries surrounding him; there has been some people who have had the privilege of even interviewed him and asking a similar question what is your real age he simply replied (Pastor Chris Oyakhilome) by saying check the records; I was educated in Nigeria there is records yet in all of Nigeria people see In local papers announcing his birthday, but never his age most people in the modern world, when having a birthday have a cakes a with candles on it or one and a age with numbers saying “Happy Birthday” so why are you hiding a simple fact, they only know he was (Born on the (7th) December) but nothing like this revealing his age.

“Ex Mother in Law” said something in “South Africa” when I was living there for a short period. She said the following
Quote Ex Mother in Law: (One’s life should be like an open book anyone should be able to read it?)

Meaning your life everyone should be able to see who you are with no hidden; columns or secrets in short there is no lies or deceptions in you? And you would be like a glass everyone can see who you are as a person this is not the case with him? He does not like the media and only selects journalist that are “Pro-Christ Embassy” people interviewing him. there is no real journalism in the church it only protects the image of the “Mini god” protecting the image of their “icon” is more impotent than being open and honest as origination and as a “Head Pastor” (Pastor Chris Oyakhilome) he should just tell people his age and put inquisitive minds to rest seeing he is surrounded with such great Controversy everywhere he goes?

Bolingbroke, Henry St. John, Viscount (1678-1751) Plan truth will influence half a score of men at most in a nation. Or an age, while mystery will lead millions by the nose. [Letter, 1721]
It took me a lot of digging to find this out this but he must love Controversy to keep people captivated?
But I have found out his real age and day he was born, and which is the following:
(Sunday Date of Birth: (07/12/1953) this makes him if you take the current year (2011) and calculate the years it makes him (Aged 57)
So now you know the truth of his age you can sleep a little better at night lol Ha-Ha?

Doyle, Sir Arthur Conan (1859-1930) How often have i said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth [the sigh of four]
So the conclusion he should just tell people and get rid of the air of mysteries surrounding him.
Here is a mock image intended for a little humour with some facts attached: with his real age?

Re: You're The Restraining Force Against Evil – Pastor Chris by nlMediator: 10:09pm On Jun 14, 2011
Joagbaje:

Same way, you’re that preventative power against evil today in your home, in your family and amongst your loved ones! The fact that you belong to Christ means His blood is marked on you, and His Name is named upon you! Therefore, when the evil one comes, he passes over you and those of your household. Your presence in a place prevents the devil from dominating and wielding wicked influence over the lives of men and women in the place, because you represent the Body of Christ there.

Isn't this different and directly contradictory to your earlier claim that what protects christians is a "force-field" of positive confession? And doesn't the quote tally with my point that every christian is already under the protection of God and should stay conscious of that fact?
Re: You're The Restraining Force Against Evil – Pastor Chris by crossman9(m): 10:19pm On Jun 14, 2011
really on about i am not that sure i am in christ
Re: You're The Restraining Force Against Evil – Pastor Chris by Zikkyy(m): 10:01am On Jun 15, 2011
nlMediator:

Isn't this different and directly contradictory to your earlier claim that what protects christians is a "force-field" of positive confession? And doesn't the quote tally with my point that every christian is already under the protection of God and should stay conscious of that fact?

Jo will tell you that's a different type of protection grin
Re: You're The Restraining Force Against Evil – Pastor Chris by newmi(m): 10:17am On Jun 15, 2011
crossman9:

Well in the church there is some points the church members don’t discuss nor do the members even want to know about and even if you go on Google it is very hard to find out (Pastor Chris Oyakhilome) his real age no one in the church seems to know his real age, it is closely guarded secret goodness knows why, but they are quick to announce his birthday bashes ever year and lavishing him, with millions in gifts and praise him endlessly but if you ask people in the church most will just simple say they don’t know his age, it’s like a blank wall you run into they will tell you it is not in portent which you would find strange because they place all this energy into entertaining him yet this simple but easy every day fact is kept top secret?
But why all the great sense of mist eke and mysteries surrounding him; there has been some people who have had the privilege of even interviewed him and asking a similar question what is your real age he simply replied (Pastor Chris Oyakhilome) by saying check the records; I was educated in Nigeria there is records yet in all of Nigeria people see In local papers announcing his birthday, but never his age most people in the modern world, when having a birthday have a cakes a with candles on it or one and a age with numbers saying “Happy Birthday” so why are you hiding a simple fact, they only know he was (Born on the (7th) December) but nothing like this revealing his age.

“Ex Mother in Law” said something in “South Africa” when I was living there for a short period. She said the following
Quote Ex Mother in Law: (One’s life should be like an open book anyone should be able to read it?)

Meaning your life everyone should be able to see who you are with no hidden; columns or secrets in short there is no lies or deceptions in you? And you would be like a glass everyone can see who you are as a person this is not the case with him? He does not like the media and only selects journalist that are “Pro-Christ Embassy” people interviewing him. there is no real journalism in the church it only protects the image of the “Mini god” protecting the image of their “icon” is more impotent than being open and honest as origination and as a “Head Pastor” (Pastor Chris Oyakhilome) he should just tell people his age and put inquisitive minds to rest seeing he is surrounded with such great Controversy everywhere he goes?

Bolingbroke, Henry St. John, Viscount (1678-1751) Plan truth will influence half a score of men at most in a nation. Or an age, while mystery will lead millions by the nose. [Letter, 1721]
It took me a lot of digging to find this out this but he must love Controversy to keep people captivated?
But I have found out his real age and day he was born, and which is the following:
(Sunday Date of Birth: (07/12/1953) this makes him if you take the current year (2011) and calculate the years it makes him (Aged 57)
So now you know the truth of his age you can sleep a little better at night lol Ha-Ha?

Doyle, Sir Arthur Conan (1859-1930) How often have i said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth [the sigh of four]
So the conclusion he should just tell people and get rid of the air of mysteries surrounding him.
Here is a mock image intended for a little humour with some facts attached: with his real age?

l spit on this again and again!
of what consequence is this to body of Christ and the gospel. Please stop all this obnoxious display of deep frustrated idleness. l spit on this again! Go get busy with things that are much more important, meaningful and that has eternal value.
Re: You're The Restraining Force Against Evil – Pastor Chris by newmi(m): 10:31am On Jun 15, 2011
l mean this is disgusting, even the thought of it offends me like the smell of shit from an abandoned suck-away. What will the age of a man add to the gospel fir God sake it just shows how degrading fallow minds like this have degenerated to. We have an alarming chunk of the worlds population yet to here the gospel and here is one dumb fellow who is stupidly concerned about the age of a man. Nonsense! l spit on this again and again!
Re: You're The Restraining Force Against Evil – Pastor Chris by crossman9(m): 12:38pm On Jun 15, 2011
right people this is not about the age but about the secrets of the him he is not open that is what i am getting at he should read what i wrote ok clearly
jesus dies  for us all why can't you people see this man is wicked there is more the than small section i posted here?
Re: You're The Restraining Force Against Evil – Pastor Chris by mabell: 8:59pm On Jun 30, 2011
newmi:

l mean this is disgusting, even the thought of it offends me like the smell of poo from an abandoned suck-away. What will the age of a man add to the gospel fir God sake it just shows how degrading fallow minds like this have degenerated to. We have an alarming chunk of the worlds population yet to here the gospel and here is one dumb fellow who is stupidly concerned about the age of a man. Nonsense! l spit on this again and again!

it's the same kind of posts he makes everywhere
If you waste all your saliva, what will you use to digest your food now
Re: You're The Restraining Force Against Evil – Pastor Chris by crossman9(m): 11:38pm On Jun 30, 2011
Mr is the way you talk why not prove me wrong like some members do i would more happy with this than some person i spit on you and this that is why Jesus don’t cast your pearl before swine’s
another christ embassy instruction manual
Re: You're The Restraining Force Against Evil – Pastor Chris by Nobody: 10:50am On Jul 01, 2011
@Newmi, mabell: everyone has a right to digress. we have a right to ignore.

@joagbaje: i tire for you and your posts.

@all: been long i came in here. hw r we doing?
Re: You're The Restraining Force Against Evil – Pastor Chris by crossman9(m): 11:21am On Jul 01, 2011
got the new for you i am not going away so stand fast in the lord with all his mighty praise God i love all you lost sheep in CHRIST EMBASSY people spat on jesus he said they would do the same to his true followers
Re: You're The Restraining Force Against Evil – Pastor Chris by Sweetnecta: 12:05pm On Jul 01, 2011
i am simply responding to the title of this thread. the biblical verses are irrelevant if they are not supporting the title.

if a person is the restraining force against evil about himself, what use is jesus that you people have been raving about?
Re: You're The Restraining Force Against Evil – Pastor Chris by crossman9(m): 1:27pm On Jul 01, 2011
well said brother jesus is the only way there is no other way to salvation under heaven
but they follow a man i love them but if they can't see the truth like you just said then i am loving them right to hell?
Re: You're The Restraining Force Against Evil – Pastor Chris by Sweetnecta: 4:13pm On Jul 01, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^^ the truth is lost on this guy.
Re: You're The Restraining Force Against Evil – Pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 4:35pm On Jul 01, 2011
@ nlMediator

nlMediator:

I wish you could quote what you're making reference to. Confessions are not absolute . They are part of a whole. Confessions on safety surely protects you. But thats as an individual . The thread is about the earth ,restraining evil on the earth. They are all in harmony there is no contradiction.
Re: You're The Restraining Force Against Evil – Pastor Chris by nlMediator: 6:11pm On Jul 01, 2011
Joagbaje:

@ nlMediator

I wish you could quote what you're making reference to. Confessions are not absolute . They are part of a whole. Confessions on safety surely protects you. But thats as an individual . The thread is about the earth ,restraining evil on the earth. They are all in harmony there is no contradiction.

The impression I got was not that the thread is only about the whole earth. There's a personal dimension to it. See this part of the message:

"Same way, you’re that preventative power against evil today in your home, in your family and amongst your loved ones! The fact that you belong to Christ means His blood is marked on you, and His Name is named upon you! Therefore, when the evil one comes, he passes over you and those of your household. Your presence in a place prevents the devil from dominating and wielding wicked influence over the lives of men and women in the place, because you represent the Body of Christ there."

So, the question is: what protects you and your home: The fact that you belong to Jesus (the blood of Jesus in the heart of every believer) or the believer's confession which creates a force-field? The same way you said that Job was not protected because he was confessing negatively and lost his protection and your point that christians need to confess to have or maintain that hedge of protection (force-field); otherwise, Job's fate may befall them. That's the thread I was making reference to.
Re: You're The Restraining Force Against Evil – Pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 12:10pm On Jul 02, 2011
nlMediator:

So, the question is: what protects you and your home: The fact that you belong to Jesus (the blood of Jesus in the heart of every believer) or the believer's confession which creates a force-field? The same way you said that Job was not protected because he was confessing negatively and lost his protection and your point that christians need to confess to have or maintain that hedge of protection (force-field); otherwise, Job's fate may befall them. That's the thread I was making reference to.

God has his part ,we have our part. There is a general blessing for every one. But there principles of faith to function in the greater blessing than the general blessing. This general blessing doesn't make up for everything. Some level of God protection may function in our lives just because we are saved . But we still have responsibility to enforce his will trough prayers and confessions. There are things that won't work until we make confessions of the Word or prayers. The will of God does not always come to pass without human cooperation.

Another thing is that a christian Creates a force field of fire power around him through prayers and confessions of the word. He is a point of contact to the people in his world. Family ,.city,nation etc. There are some evil that cannot take place in this places because the christian presence restrains evil. The earth would have been destroyed by darkness if not for the restraining work of The church on the earth. That's why the anti christ can't be made manifest because of us . Until we are taken out of the way.

2 Thessalonians 2:7
7 As for the work this man of rebellion and hell will do when he comes, it is already going on, but he himself will not come until the one who is holding him back steps out of the way.
Re: You're The Restraining Force Against Evil – Pastor Chris by crossman9(m): 1:41pm On Jul 02, 2011
i noticed there the protection of the blood of CHRIST is over the whole family read the book of rev on this it says the holy SPIRIT IS A SEAL ON THE HEAD of the all the those who christ will save did you know this you all had good points there (Joagbaje)
Re: You're The Restraining Force Against Evil – Pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 4:38pm On Jul 02, 2011
^^^^
I think it will be nice for you to quote the specific scripture and explain
Re: You're The Restraining Force Against Evil – Pastor Chris by Sweetnecta: 5:09pm On Jul 02, 2011
@Newmi; « #5 on: June 15, 2011, 10:17 AM »
[Quote]Quote from: crossman9 on June 14, 2011, 08:20 PM

l spit on this again and again!
of what consequence is this to body of Christ and the gospel. Please stop all this obnoxious display of deep frustrated idleness. l spit on this again! Go get busy with things that are much more important, meaningful and that has eternal value.
Report to moderator Logged
newmi (m)

Re: You're The Restraining Force Against Evil – Pastor Chris
« #6 on: June 15, 2011, 10:31 AM »

l mean this is disgusting, even the thought of it offends me like the smell of poo from an abandoned suck-away. What will the age of a man add to the gospel fir God sake it just shows how degrading fallow minds like this have degenerated to. We have an alarming chunk of the worlds population yet to here the gospel and here is one dumb fellow who is stupidly concerned about the age of a man. Nonsense! l spit on this again and again![/Quote]while you are spiting over and again, please keep your gospel to yourself if jesus and his spilled blood can't protect, because there was no verse from jesus in the beginning post. it shows how serious you need a bandage. why not treat your wounds and get healed before you are looking to stop the small cut on my skin?
Re: You're The Restraining Force Against Evil – Pastor Chris by crossman9(m): 11:34pm On Jul 04, 2011
enjoy the art work it speak wisdom

(1) (Reply)

Apologies / Who Deserves Your Seat, Why? / What The Bible Says About Homosexuality.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.