Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,431 members, 7,808,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:12 PM

"the Truth About The 12 Imams In Islam As Foretold By The Prophet Muhammad (sa)" - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / "the Truth About The 12 Imams In Islam As Foretold By The Prophet Muhammad (sa)" (4641 Views)

Reactions To Westgate Murders By Muslim Scholars/imams / MEND Threatens To Bomb Mosques & Assasinate Imams / Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"the Truth About The 12 Imams In Islam As Foretold By The Prophet Muhammad (sa)" by LagosShia: 11:58am On Apr 24, 2011
find out who the Prophet Muhammad (sa) prophesied would be his successors:"the 12 Imams".Who were the 12 Imams (as)?FIND OUT!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfNdPNhdXjw

"SAHIH BUKHARI":

Volume 9, Book 89, Number 329:
Narrated Jabir bin Samura:

I heard the Prophet saying, "There will be twelve Muslim rulers (who will rule all the Islamic world)." He then said a sentence which I did not hear. My father said, "All of them (those rulers) will be from Quraish."

"SAHIH MUSLIM":

Book 020, Number 4477:
It has been narrated on the authority of Jabir b. Samura who said: I joined the company of the Holy Prophet (may peace be upon him) with my father and I heard him say: This Caliphate will not end until there have been twelve Caliphs among them. The narrator said: Then he (the Holy Prophet) said something that I could not follow. I said to my father: What did he say? He said: He has said: All of them will be from the Quraish.

Book 020, Number 4478:
It has been reported on the authority of Jabir b. Samura who said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) say: The affairs of the people will continue to be conducted (well) as long as they are governed by twelve men. Then the Holy Prophet (may peace be upon him) said words which were obscure to me. I asked my father: What did the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) say? He said: All of the (twelve men) will be from the Quraish.

Book 020, Number 4480:
It has been narrated on the authority of Jabir b. Samura who said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) say: Islam will continue to be triumphant until there have been twelve Caliphs. Then the Holy Prophet (may peace be upon him) said something which I could not understand. I asked my father: What did he say? He said: He has said that all of them (twelve Caliphs) will be from the Quraish.

Book 020, Number 4481:
It has been narrated on the authority of Jabir b. Samura that the Holy Prophet (may peace be upon him) said: This order will continue to be dominant until there have been twelve Caliphs. The narrator says: Then he said something which I could not understand, and I said to my father: What did he say? My father told me that he said that all of them (Caliphs) would be from the Quraish.

Book 020, Number 4482:
It has been reported on the authority of Jabir b. Samura who said: I went with my father to the Messenger of Allah (may peeace be upon him) and I heard him say: This religion would continue to remain powerful and dominant until there have been twelve Caliphs. Then he added something which I couldn't catch on account of the noise of the people. I asked my father: What did he say? My father said: He has said that all of them will be from the Quraish.

Book 020, Number 4483:
It has been narrated on the authority of Amir b. Sa'd b. Abu Waqqas who said: I wrote (a letter) to Jabir b. Samura and sent it to him through my servant Nafi', asking him to inform me of something he had heard from the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him). He wrote to me (in reply): I heard the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) say on Friday evening, the day on which al-Aslami was stoned to death (for committing adultery): The Islamic religion will continue until the Hour has been established, or you have been ruled over by twelve Caliphs, all of them being from the Quraish. also heard him say: A small force of the Muslims will capture the white palace, the police of the Persian Emperor or his descendants. I also heard him say: Before the Day of Judgment there will appear (a number of) impostors. You are to guard against them. I also heard him say: When God grants wealth to any one of you, he should first spend it on himself and his family (and then give it in charity to the poor). I heard him (also) say: I will be your forerunner at the Cistern (expecting your arrival).

Book 020, Number 4484:
Ibn Samura al-'Adawi reported: I heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) say, and he then narrated (the above-mentioned hadith).

Sunan Abu Dawood :

Book 36, Number 4266:
Narrated Jabir ibn Samurah:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: The religion will continue to be established till there are twelve caliphs over you, and the whole community will agree on each of them. I then heard from the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) some remarks which I could not understand. I asked my father: What is he saying: He said: all of them will belong to Quraysh.

Sunan al-Tirmidhi :

Sunan al-Tirmidhi (Arabic) Chapter of Fitan,
2:45 (India) and 4:501 Tradition # 2225 (Egypt)
Hadith #2149 (numbering of al-'Alamiyyah)

The Prophet said: "There will be after me twelve Amir (Prince/Ruler), all of them from Quraysh."

Musnad Ahmad ibn Hanbal:

Musnad-e-Ahmad, vol 1, pg 398
Masrooq relates that someone asked Abdullah Ibn Masood, "O Abaa Abd al-Rahmaan, did you ask the Messenger of Allah how many aliphs will rule this nation?". Abdullah Ibn Masood replied, "Yes, we did ask the Messenger of Allah and he replied, "Twelve, like the number of chiefs (nuqabaa) of Bani Israel""

Musnad-e-Ahmad, vol 5, pg 106
There will be twelve caliphs for this nation
Re: "the Truth About The 12 Imams In Islam As Foretold By The Prophet Muhammad (sa)" by LagosShia: 12:09pm On Apr 24, 2011
NAME (IBN) Son Of TITLE

1.) Imam Ali Ibn Abi-Talib, Al-Ameeril Mo'mineen (AS)
2.) Imam Hasan Ibn Ali, Al-Mujtaba (AS)
3.) Imam Husain Ibn Ali, As-Shaheed (AS)
4.) Imam Ali Ibn al-Hussain, Zain-ul-Abideeen (AS)
5.) Imam Muhammad Ibn Ali, Al-Baqir (AS)
6.) Imam Ja'far Ibn Muhammad As-Saadiq (AS)
7.) Imam Musa Ibn Ja'far Al-Kazim (AS)
8.) Imam Ali Ibn Musa Ar-Reza (AS)
9.) Imam Muhammad Ibn Ali At-Taqi (AS)
10.) Imam Ali Ibn Muhammad An-Naqi (AS)
11.) Imam Hasan Ibn Ali Al-Askari (AS)
12.) Imam Muhammad Ibn Hassan Al-Mahdi (AS)
Re: "the Truth About The 12 Imams In Islam As Foretold By The Prophet Muhammad (sa)" by chiefImam2: 10:30pm On Apr 25, 2011
Teach us more. Or you want to relate it to what is happening in some of the Muslim countries?
Re: "the Truth About The 12 Imams In Islam As Foretold By The Prophet Muhammad (sa)" by chiefImam2: 10:33pm On Apr 25, 2011
Teach us more. Or you want to relate it to what is happening in some of the Muslim countries?
Re: "the Truth About The 12 Imams In Islam As Foretold By The Prophet Muhammad (sa)" by LagosShia: 2:45pm On Apr 26, 2011
chief Imam:

relate it?

i dont understand what you're saying.please clarify.
Re: "the Truth About The 12 Imams In Islam As Foretold By The Prophet Muhammad (sa)" by AlBaqir(m): 10:21pm On Sep 26, 2013
The challenge here is if truly our brothers Ahl Sunna follow the sayings of Nabi Muhammad (saws), they should kindly with good faith present to the world their 12 Imam or Khalif as foretold by the holy prophet (saws) rather than telling the world that "the rightly guided Khalifa" were Four or the absurdity that the holy prophet never appointed successor. At least if he (saws) hinted they were going to be 12, and said they will be from Quraysh (in some version of hadith, from Banu Hashim), he (saws) should have given us their names or the sahabas must have naturally ask him their names.
It is a challenge to Sunni to really test your believe in prophet's words!

(1) (Reply)

A, B, C of the Hajj Rites / Smiling Is A Form Of Sadaqah! / Virtue Of Offering Supplication In The Last Third Of The Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.