Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,644 members, 7,801,874 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:06 AM

No Matter The Politics: Christrians And Muslims Will Never Live In Unity - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / No Matter The Politics: Christrians And Muslims Will Never Live In Unity (2306 Views)

Christian Priest Says Muslims Will One Day Take Over The World / Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims / Muslims Will Be Raptured Too ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Matter The Politics: Christrians And Muslims Will Never Live In Unity by Vicjustice: 7:28pm On Apr 24, 2011
   Dear Nigerians, let's stop deceiving ourselves, Christianity and Islam are two conflicting religions and therefore the attempts to unify the followers of Prophet Muhammed and the Followers of Jesus Christ will for ever continue to fail with deadly consequences.
   I'm not looking at the issue of Christians and Muslims frequent uprising from a religion aspect, but rather from the political points: If it is just for the religious aspect, it would be fine if Christians and Muslims can't co exist as the two religions have a lot of differences, but for the fact that crimes that involve killings and destructions are involved in every uprising, therefore i'm looking at the issue from the political angle. So, i'm of the opinion that Christianity and Islam can't ever be unified especially with these disturbing quotes.

Qur'an:9:88 "The Messenger and those who believe with him, strive hard and fight with their wealth and lives in Allah's Cause."

Qur'an:9:5 "Fight and kill the disbelievers wherever you find them, take them captive, harass them, lie in wait and ambush them using every stratagem of war."

Qur'an:9:29 "Fight those who do not believe until they all surrender, paying the protective tax in submission."    

Ishaq:300 "I am fighting in Allah's service. This is piety and a good deed. In Allah's war I do not fear as others should. For this fighting is righteous, true, and good."

Qur'an:9:112 "The Believers fight in Allah's Cause, they slay and are slain, kill and are killed."    

Ishaq:325 "Muslims, fight in Allah's Cause. Stand firm and you will prosper. Help the Prophet, obey him, give him your allegiance, and your religion will be victorious."

Qur'an:8:39 "Fight them until all opposition ends and all submit to Allah."    

Muslim:C9B1N31 "I have been commanded to fight against people till they testify to the fact that there is no god but Allah, and believe in me (that) I am the Messenger and in all that I have brought."

Qur'an:8:39 "So fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief [non-Muslims]) and all submit to the religion of Allah alone (in the whole world)."

Ishaq:324 "He said, 'Fight them so that there is no more rebellion, and religion, all of it, is for Allah only. Allah must have no rivals.'"

Qur'an:9:14 "Fight them and Allah will punish them by your hands, lay them low, and cover them with shame. He will help you over them."

Ishaq:587 "Our onslaught will not be a weak faltering affair. We shall fight as long as we live. We will fight until you turn to Islam, humbly seeking refuge. We will fight not caring whom we meet. We will fight whether we destroy ancient holdings or newly gotten gains. We have mutilated every opponent. We have driven them violently before us at the command of Allah and Islam. We will fight until our religion is established. And we will plunder them, for they must suffer disgrace."

Qur'an:8:65 "O Prophet, urge the faithful to fight. If there are twenty among you with determination they will vanquish two hundred; if there are a hundred then they will slaughter a thousand unbelievers, for the infidels are a people devoid of understanding."    

Ishaq:326 "Prophet exhort the believers to fight. If there are twenty good fighters they will defeat two hundred for they are a senseless people. They do not fight with good intentions nor for truth."    

Bukhari:V4B52N63 "A man whose face was covered with an iron mask came to the Prophet and said, 'Allah's Apostle! Shall I fight or embrace Islam first?' The Prophet said, 'Embrace Islam first and then fight.' So he embraced Islam, and was martyred. Allah's Apostle said, 'A Little work, but a great reward.'"    

Bukhari:V4B53N386 "Our Prophet, the Messenger of our Lord, ordered us to fight you till you worship Allah alone or pay us the Jizyah tribute tax in submission. Our Prophet has informed us that our Lord says: 'Whoever amongst us is killed as a martyr shall go to Paradise to lead such a luxurious life as he has never seen, and whoever survives shall become your master.'"    

Muslim:C34B20N4668 "The Messenger said: 'Anybody who equips a warrior going to fight in the Way of Allah is like one who actually fights. And anybody who looks after his family in his absence is also like one who actually fights."    

Qur'an:9:38 "Believers, what is the matter with you, that when you are asked to go forth and fight in Allah's Cause you cling to the earth? Do you prefer the life of this world to the Hereafter? Unless you go forth, He will afflict and punish you with a painful doom, and put others in your place."

Qur'an:9:123 "Fight the unbelievers around you, and let them find harshness in you."    

Qur'an:8:72 "Those who accepted Islam and left their homes to fight in Allah's Cause with their possessions and persons, and those who gave (them) asylum, aid, and shelter, those who harbored them - these are allies of one another. You are not responsible for protecting those who embraced Islam but did not leave their homes [to fight] until they do so." [Another translation reads:] "You are only called to protect Muslims who fight."

Bukhari:V9B84N59 "Whoever says this will save his property and life from me.'"

Qur'an:8:73 "The unbelieving infidels are allies. Unless you (Muslims) aid each other (fighting as one united block to make Allah's religion victorious), there will be confusion and mischief. Those who accepted Islam, left their homes to fight in Allah's Cause (al-Jihad), as well as those who give them asylum, shelter, and aid - these are (all) Believers: for them is pardon and bountiful provision (in Paradise)."

Tabari IX:69 "Arabs are the most noble people in lineage, the most prominent, and the best in deeds. We were the first to respond to the call of the Prophet. We are Allah's helpers and the viziers of His Messenger. We fight people until they believe in Allah. He who believes in Allah and His Messenger has protected his life and possessions from us. As for one who disbelieves, we will fight him forever in the Cause of Allah. Killing him is a small matter to us."    

Qur'an:48:16 "Say (Muhammad) to the wandering desert Arabs who lagged behind: 'You shall be invited to fight against a people given to war with mighty prowess. You shall fight them until they surrender and submit. If you obey, Allah will grant you a reward, but if you turn back, as you did before, He will punish you with a grievous torture."    

Qur'an:48:22 "If the unbelieving infidels fight against you, they will retreat. (Such has been) the practice (approved) of Allah in the past: no change will you find in the ways of Allah."    

Qur'an:47:4 "When you clash with the unbelieving Infidels in battle (fighting Jihad in Allah's Cause), smite their necks until you overpower them, killing and wounding many of them. At length, when you have thoroughly subdued them, bind them firmly, making (them) captives. Thereafter either generosity or ransom (them based upon what benefits Islam) until the war lays down its burdens. Thus are you commanded by Allah to continue carrying out Jihad against the unbelieving infidels until they submit to Islam."    

Qur'an:47:31 "And We shall try you until We know those among you who are the fighters."

Tabari VI:138 "Those present at the oath of Aqabah had sworn an allegiance to Muhammad. It was a pledge of war against all men. Allah had permitted fighting."

Tabari VI:139 "Allah had given his Messenger permission to fight by revealing the verse 'And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is all for Allah.'"

Qur'an:9:19 "Do you make the giving of drink to pilgrims, or the maintenance of the Mosque, equal to those who fight in the Cause of Allah? They are not comparable in the sight of Allah. Those who believe, and left their homes, striving with might, fighting in Allah's Cause with their goods and their lives, have the highest rank in the sight of Allah."    

Ishaq:550 "The Muslims met them with their swords. They cut through many arms and skulls. Only confused cries and groans could be heard over our battle roars and snarling."    

Qur'an:5:94 "Believers, Allah will make a test for you in the form of a little game in which you reach out for your lances. Any who fails this test will have a grievous punishment."    

Ishaq:578 "Crushing the heads of the infidels and splitting their skulls with sharp swords, we continually thrust and cut at the enemy. Blood gushed from their deep wounds as the battle wore them down. We conquered bearing the Prophet's fluttering war banner. Our cavalry was submerged in rising dust, and our spears quivered, but by us the Prophet gained victory."    

Tabari IX:22 "The Prophet continued to besiege the town, fighting them bitterly."    

Tabari IX:25 "By Allah, I did not come to fight for nothing. I wanted a victory over Ta'if so that I might obtain a slave girl from them and make her pregnant."

Tabari IX:82 "The Messenger sent Khalid with an army of 400 to Harith [a South Arabian tribe] and ordered him to invite them to Islam for three days before he fought them. If they were to respond and submit, he was to teach them the Book of Allah, the Sunnah of His Prophet, and the requirements of Islam. If they should decline, then he was to fight them."    

Tabari IX:88 "Abdallah Azdi came to the Messenger, embraced Islam, and became a good Muslim. Allah's Apostle invested Azdi with the authority over those who had surrendered and ordered him to fight the infidels from the tribes of Yemen. Azdi left with an army by the Messenger's command. The Muslims besieged them for a month. Then they withdrew, setting a trap. When the Yemenites went in pursuit, Azdi was able to inflict a heavy loss on them."

Ishaq:530 "Get out of his way, you infidel unbelievers. Every good thing goes with the Apostle. Lord, I believe in his word. We will fight you about its interpretations as we have fought you about its revelation with strokes that will remove heads from shoulders and make enemies of friends."

Muslim:C9B1N29 "Command For Fighting Against People So Long As They Do Not Profess That There Is No Ilah (God) But Allah And Muhammad Is His Messenger: When the Messenger breathed his last and Bakr was appointed Caliph, many Arabs chose to become apostates [rejected Islam]. Abu Bakr said: 'I will definitely fight against anyone who stops paying the Zakat tax, for it is an obligation. I will fight against them even to secure the cord used for hobbling the feet of a camel which they used to pay if they withhold it now.' Allah had justified fighting against those who refused to pay Zakat."    

Muslim:C9B1N33 "The Prophet said: 'I have been commanded to fight against people till they testify there is no god but Allah, that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah, and they establish prostration prayer, and pay Zakat. If they do it, their blood and property are protected.'"

Muslim:C10B1N176 "Muhammad (may peace be upon him) sent us in a raiding party. We raided Huraqat in the morning. I caught hold of a man and he said: 'There is no god but Allah,' but I attacked him with a spear anyway. It once occurred to me that I should ask the Apostle about this. The Messenger said: 'Did he profess "There is no god but Allah," and even then you killed him?' I said: 'He made a profession out of the fear of the weapon I was threatening him with.' The Prophet said: 'Did you tear out his heart in order to find out whether it had professed truly or not?'"    

Muslim:C20B1N4597 "The Prophet said at the conquest of Mecca: 'There is no migration now, but only Jihad, fighting for the Cause of Islam. When you are asked to set out on a Jihad expedition, you should readily do so.'"    

Muslim:C28B20N4628 "Allah has undertaken to provide for one who leaves his home to fight for His Cause and to affirm the truth of His word; Allah will either admit him to Paradise or will bring him back home with his reward and booty."    

Muslim:C28B20N4629 "The Messenger said: 'One who is wounded in the Way of Allah - and Allah knows best who is wounded in His Way - will appear on the Day of Judgment with his wound still bleeding. The color (of its discharge) will be blood, (but) its smell will be musk.'"

Muslim:C34B20N4652-3 "The Merit Of Jihad And Of Keeping Vigilance Over The Enemy: A man came to the Holy Prophet and said: 'Who is the best of men?' He replied: 'A man who fights staking his life and spending his wealth in Allah's Cause.'"    

Muslim:C42B20N4684 "A desert Arab came to the Prophet and said: 'Messenger, one man fights for the spoils of war; another fights that he may be remembered, and one fights that he may see his (high) position (achieved as a result of his valor in fighting). Which of these is fighting in the Cause of Allah?' The Messenger of Allah said: 'Who fights so that the word of Allah is exalted is fighting in the Way of Allah.'"    

Muslim:C53B20N4717 "The Prophet said: 'This religion will continue to exist, and a group of people from the Muslims will continue to fight for its protection until the Hour is established.'"    

Bukhari:V5B59N288 "I witnessed a scene that was dearer to me than anything I had ever seen. Aswad came to the Prophet while Muhammad was urging the Muslims to fight the pagans. He said, 'We shall fight on your right and on your left and in front of you and behind you.' I saw the face of the Prophet getting bright with happiness, for that saying delighted him."    

Bukhari:V5B59N290 "The believers who did not join the Ghazwa [Islamic raid or invasion] and those who fought are not equal in reward."    

Qur'an:2:193 "Fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief) and religion is only for Allah. But if they cease/desist, let there be no hostility except against infidel disbelievers."    

Qur'an:2:217 "They question you concerning fighting in the sacred month. Say: 'Fighting therein is a grave (matter); but to prevent access to Allah, to deny Him, to prevent access to the Sacred Mosque, to expel its members, and polytheism are worse than slaughter. Nor will they cease fighting you until they make you renegades from your religion. If any of you turn back and die in unbelief, your works will be lost and you will go to Hell. Surely those who believe and leave their homes to fight in Allah's Cause have the hope of Allah's mercy."    

Qur'an:2:244 "Fight in Allah's Cause, and know that Allah hears and knows all."    

Qur'an:2:246 "He said: 'Would you refrain from fighting if fighting were prescribed for you?' They said: 'How could we refuse to fight in Allah's Cause?'"

Ishaq:280 "The Apostle prepared for war in pursuance of Allah's command to fight his enemies and to fight the infidels who Allah commanded him to fight."

Qur'an:61:2 "O Muslims, why say one thing and do another? Grievously odious and hateful is it in the sight of Allah that you say that which you do not. Truly Allah loves those who fight in His Cause in a battle array, as if they were a solid cemented structure."    

Bukhari:V4B52N61 "Allah's Apostle! We were absent from the first battle you fought against the pagans. If Allah gives us a chance to do battle, no doubt, He will see how bravely we fight."    

Ishaq:398 "Ask them for their help. Thereby make the religion of Islam agreeable to them. And when you are resolved in the matter of religion concerning fighting your enemy you will have the advantage."    

Qur'an:3:146 "How many prophets fought in Allah's Cause? With them (fought) myriads of godly men who were slain. They never lost heart if they met with disaster in Allah's Cause, nor did they weaken nor give in. Allah loves those who are firm and steadfast [warriors]."    

Ishaq:393 "How many prophets has death in battle befallen and how many multitudes with him? They did not show weakness toward their enemies and were not humiliated when they suffered in the fight for Allah and their religion. That is steadfastness. Allah loves the steadfast."

Qur'an:3:153 "Behold! You ran off precipitately, climbing up the high hill without even casting a side glance at anyone, while the Messenger in your rear is calling you from your rear, urging you to fight. Allah gave you one distress after another by way of requital, to teach you not to grieve for the booty that had escaped you and for (the ill) that had befallen you."    

Qur'an:3:154 "Say: 'Even if you had remained in your houses, those ordained to be slaughtered would have gone forth to the places where they were to slain."

Ishaq:440 "Helped by the Holy Spirit we smited Muhammad's foes. The Apostle sent a message to them with a sharp cutting sword."    

Ishaq:470 "We attacked them fully armed, swords in hand, cutting through heads and skulls."    

Qur'an:61:4 "Surely Allah loves those who fight in His Cause."    

Qur'an:61:11 "Believers, shall I lead you to a bargain or trade that will save you from a painful torment? That you believe in Allah and His Messenger (Muhammad), and that you strive and fight in Allah's Cause with your property and your lives: That will be best for you!" Qur'an 61:12 "He will forgive you your sins, and admit you to Gardens under which rivers flow, and to beautiful mansions in Eden: that is indeed the Supreme Achievement. And another (favor) which you love: help from Allah for a speedy victory over your enemies."

Qur'an:8:5 "Your Lord ordered you out of your homes to fight for the true cause, even though some Muslims disliked it, and were averse (to fighting)."

Qur'an:24:53 "They swear their strongest oaths saying that if only you would command them. They would leave their homes (and go forth fighting in Allah's Cause). Say: 'Swear not; Obedience is (more) reasonable.'"    

Qur'an:4:74 "Let those who fight in Allah's Cause sell this world's life for the hereafter. To him who fights in Allah's Cause, whether he is slain or victorious, We shall give him a reward."    

Qur'an:4:75 "What reason have you that you should not fight in Allah's Cause?" [Another translation says:] "What is wrong with you that you do not fight for Allah?"    
Qur'an:4:76 "Those who believe fight in the Cause of Allah."

Qur'an:4:77 "Have you not seen those to whom it was said: Withhold from fighting, perform the prayer and pay the zakat. But when orders for fighting were issued, a party of them feared men as they ought to have feared Allah. They say: 'Our Lord, why have You ordained fighting for us, why have You made war compulsory?'"

Qur'an:4:78 "Wherever you are, death will find you, even if you are in towers strong and high! So what is wrong with these people, that they fail to understand these simple words?"    

Qur'an:4:84 "Then fight (Muhammad) in Allah's Cause. Incite the believers to fight with you."

Qur'an:4:94 "Believers, when you go abroad to fight wars in Allah's Cause, investigate carefully, and say not to anyone who greets you: 'You are not a believer!' Coveting the chance profits of this life (so that you may despoil him). With Allah are plenteous spoils and booty."    

Qur'an:4:95 "Not equal are believers who sit home and receive no hurt and those who fight in Allah's Cause with their wealth and lives. Allah has granted a grade higher to those who fight with their possessions and bodies to those who sit home. Those who fight He has distinguished with a special reward."

Qur'an:4:100 "He who leaves his home in Allah's Cause finds abundant resources and many a refuge. Should he die as a refugee for Allah and His Messenger His reward becomes due and sure with Allah. When you travel through the earth there is no blame on you if you curtail your worship for fear unbelievers may attack you. In truth the disbelievers are your enemy."    

Qur'an:4:102 "When you (Prophet) lead them in prayer, let some stand with you, taking their arms with them. When they finish their prostrations, let them take positions in the rear. And let others who have not yet prayed come - taking all precaution, and bearing arms. The Infidels wish, if you were negligent of your arms, to assault you in a rush. But there is no blame on you if you put away your arms because of the inconvenience of rain or because you are ill; but take precaution. For the Unbelieving Infidels Allah hath prepared a humiliating punishment."

Qur'an:4:104 "And do not relent in pursuing the enemy."
Re: No Matter The Politics: Christrians And Muslims Will Never Live In Unity by papagiddy(m): 9:48pm On Apr 24, 2011
pls, do u mean all these is in the HOLY quran? ?? Allah Akbar!!!
Re: No Matter The Politics: Christrians And Muslims Will Never Live In Unity by ayomifull(f): 10:37pm On Apr 24, 2011
@vic how did you manage to type all these? u tried sha.

Did u receive my tx?
Re: No Matter The Politics: Christrians And Muslims Will Never Live In Unity by oncolor: 11:13pm On Apr 24, 2011
wow! vicjustice I hope you copied and pasted that!

That is the problem with the Islamic religion, too many violent messages in their so called holy book which justifies most of the atrocities being committed by their followers. It would be virtually impossible to live in peace with so much Muslims in Nigeria, we really need to go the way of India and Pakistan.
Re: No Matter The Politics: Christrians And Muslims Will Never Live In Unity by Nobody: 11:18pm On Apr 24, 2011
So full of hate
Re: No Matter The Politics: Christrians And Muslims Will Never Live In Unity by ektbear: 11:34pm On Apr 24, 2011
There is tons of genocide and intolerance in the Old Testament too:

[quote="Samuel 15:2-3 (New International Version, ©2011)"]
2. This is what the LORD Almighty says: ‘I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt.
3. Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy[a] all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.’”
[/quote]

But Christians today don't follow many of those intolerant practices.

Anyway, key point is that everyone has dirty linen in their closet. Let's not condemn the religion because of some offensive snippets in their holy book. Muslims should ignore these snippets and learn to live peacefully with others.

And truth be told, there are plenty of examples of tolerant Muslims. It is only in Northern Nigeria and a few other places where they are so intolerant.
Re: No Matter The Politics: Christrians And Muslims Will Never Live In Unity by Arosa(m): 11:44pm On Apr 24, 2011
ekt_bear:

Anyway, key point is that everyone has dirty linen in their closet. Let's not condemn the religion because of some offensive snippets in their holy book. Muslims should ignore these snippets and learn to live peacefully with others.

And truth be told, there are plenty of examples of tolerant Muslims. It is only in Northern Nigeria and a few other places where they are so intolerant.
The truth is that Muslims are better off living in peace with Christians. Because God forbid there is religious world war. that will be the end of all Muslims. not even their Allah would be able to save them. lipsrsealed
Re: No Matter The Politics: Christrians And Muslims Will Never Live In Unity by EzeUche3(m): 11:46pm On Apr 24, 2011
I do not support the message of this thread.  undecided
Re: No Matter The Politics: Christrians And Muslims Will Never Live In Unity by Vicjustice: 11:48pm On Apr 24, 2011
ayomifull:

@vic how did you manage to type all these? u tried sha.

Did u receive my tx?
  Hi Ayo, the text should be in my phone, but the screen is damaged hence i couldn't see it. Though, i'm still using the 02 number, but i got to get a phone for it: However, i'm currently using a Tesco mobile, and i'm thinking of a means to pass it to you without making it public, but i don't have your number in my new phone and i can't extract it for the other, so, how can you pass it?
  I replied your comment in which you made a surprise remark pertaining my new Wimax. . , and i explained how i corresponded with wimax customer service regarding my problem with a certain website that wouldn't be accessed, and i asked if you are "Jenny", the "Nigerian" staff that i spoke with on phone.
  I know you work with Telephone company (Eircom as i supposed) but, tell me how you managed to know about my wimax
Re: No Matter The Politics: Christrians And Muslims Will Never Live In Unity by Dawgpound: 11:50pm On Apr 24, 2011
Islam is a violent religion. Why ppl fail to see the truth irks me.
Re: No Matter The Politics: Christrians And Muslims Will Never Live In Unity by ayomifull(f): 12:05am On Apr 25, 2011
Vicjustice:

Hi Ayo, the text should be in my phone, but the screen is damaged hence i couldn't see it. Though, i'm still using the 02 number, but i got to get a phone for it: However, i'm currently using a Tesco mobile, and i'm thinking of a means to pass it to you without making it public, but i don't have your number in my new phone and i can't extract it for the other, so, how can you pass it?
   I replied your comment in which you made a surprise remark pertaining my new Wimax. . , and i explained how i corresponded with wimax customer service regarding my problem with a certain website that wouldn't be accessed, and i asked if you are "Jenny", the "Nigerian" staff that i spoke with on phone.
   I know you work with Telephone company (Eircom as i supposed) but, tell me how you managed to know about my wimax

I have yr no and other details at the click of my mouse lol, wl send my no to u by email or to d other no.
I knw about yr wimax because i am now wt Imagine n u happen to be one of those paying my salary  smiley so if yr wimax ever get sick lemme knw i wl give u prescription for it lol. Hope u r enjoying the easter break.

@ topic i am pretty sure the above can only be found in a special quoran for nothern muslims because i have friends and a few family members who never miss their 5 times a day prayers and they are as peaceful as peace itself.
Re: No Matter The Politics: Christrians And Muslims Will Never Live In Unity by Vicjustice: 12:19am On Apr 25, 2011
ayomifull:

I have yr no and other details at the click of my mouse lol, wl send my no to u by email or to d other no.
I knw about yr wimax because i am now wt Imagine n u happen to be one of those paying my salary  smiley so if yr wimax ever get sick lemme knw i wl give u prescription for it lol. Hope u r enjoying the easter break.

@ topic i am pretty sure the above can only be found in a special quoran for nothern muslims because i have friends and a few family members who never miss their 5 times a day prayers and they are as peaceful as peace itself.
On the contrary, the above quotes are in every Quran, but fortunately, some Muslim just choose to be disobedient and ignore these obligations.
Please, do send the number through email. thanks
Re: No Matter The Politics: Christrians And Muslims Will Never Live In Unity by Kenezi: 12:44am On Apr 25, 2011
ekt_bear:

Christians follow the teaching and examples of Jesus Christ, not the figures of the Old Testament. Muslims follow the example of Muhammed, a well known murderer.
Re: No Matter The Politics: Christrians And Muslims Will Never Live In Unity by ayinba1(f): 12:59am On Apr 25, 2011
@vicjustice
Your new addiction to posting verses from the Qurn is quite fascinating. I remember you from the Travel section and I respected your input there.

Now, this would be appropriately addressed under Religion topic. I did not go through each of those verses to establish if they are correctly quoted or not. However, it is only intellectual laziness that would encourage anyone, regardless of religion or lack of, to make judgements from isolated verses.

In essence, for each verse that you have quoted, what was gong on and in what context was the verse revealed? If you are true to yourself, you will answer these questions before making a judgement about Islam.

A greater number of worse verses can be culled from the Bible, but that will not suffice to make a reflecting individual call Christianity violent.

You will not be the first or last to make such a claim and please before our lovely non Muslims start to point out Muslims committing violent acts, they should remember worse acts that have been committed and are still being committed by Christians.
Re: No Matter The Politics: Christrians And Muslims Will Never Live In Unity by EzeUche3(m): 1:00am On Apr 25, 2011
Kenezi:

Christians follow the teaching and examples of Jesus Christ, not the figures of the Old Testament.

That is the truth. Christians put more emphasis on the New Testament, in which Jesus preaches turn the other cheek. And followers of Christ are suppose to be non-violent. I agree with you.
Re: No Matter The Politics: Christrians And Muslims Will Never Live In Unity by Vicjustice: 9:10am On Apr 25, 2011
ayinba1:

@vicjustice
Your new addiction to posting verses from the Qurn is quite fascinating. I remember you from the Travel section and I respected your input there.

Now, this would be appropriately addressed under Religion topic. I did not go through each of those verses to establish if they are correctly quoted or not. However, it is only intellectual laziness that would encourage anyone, regardless of religion or lack of, to make judgements from isolated verses.

In essence, for each verse that you have quoted, what was gong on and in what context was the verse revealed? If you are true to yourself, you will answer these questions before making a judgement about Islam.

A greater number of worse verses can be culled from the Bible, but that will not suffice to make a reflecting individual call Christianity violent.

You will not be the first or last to make such a claim and please before our lovely non Muslims start to point out Muslims committing violent acts, they should remember worse acts that have been committed and are still being committed by Christians.
Dear, i'm not looking at the issue of Christians and Muslim frequent uprising from a religion aspect, but rather from the political points: If it is just for the religious aspect, it would be fine if Christians and Muslims can't co exist as the two religions have a lot of differences, but for the fact that crimes that involve killings and destructions are involved in every uprising, therefore i'm looking at the issue from the political angle. therefore, i'm of the opinion that Christianity and Islam can't ever be unified especially with these disturbing verses.
Re: No Matter The Politics: Christrians And Muslims Will Never Live In Unity by mastro: 10:26am On Apr 25, 2011
IF Religion is the problem would someone like to explain to me why in Yorubaland virtually every family has Christian's and Muslims living in harmony?

Religion is just an excuse, remember people religion and culture go hand in hand the current problems in the North IMO are simply that the "Elite" have used religion as an excuse to avoid educating their masses and their culture supported this and while in the olden days this might have been workable it simply doesn't work in the Modern day and age. What we are seeing is the fallout from that.

1 Like

Re: No Matter The Politics: Christrians And Muslims Will Never Live In Unity by archive(f): 12:10pm On Apr 25, 2011
the muslim religion has been twisted by a few who have their own agendas. muslims, especially in nigeria, should be able to live peacefully alongside christians. i have a post about this on my blog www.thenigerianarchive.
Re: No Matter The Politics: Christrians And Muslims Will Never Live In Unity by wishlolia(f): 8:15pm On Apr 25, 2011
mastro:

IF Religion is the problem would someone like to explain to me why in Yorubaland virtually every family has Christian's and Muslims living in harmony?

Religion is just an excuse, remember people religion and culture go hand in hand the current problems in the North IMO are simply that the "Elite" have used religion as an excuse to avoid educating their masses and their culture supported this and while in the olden days this might have been workable it simply doesn't work in the Modern day and age. What we are seeing is the fallout from that.
That's because, the Yorubas are kinda traditional, and their traditions and culture come first before religion value.
Re: No Matter The Politics: Christrians And Muslims Will Never Live In Unity by wishlolia(f): 1:27am On Apr 26, 2011
Dawgpound:

Islam is a violent religion. Why ppl fail to see the truth irks me.
The funny thing, people blame the Muslims for inciting violence, but no one dares blame the Quran that gave the commands
Re: No Matter The Politics: Christrians And Muslims Will Never Live In Unity by sirjec(m): 8:27pm On Apr 26, 2011
I said this few days ago, as long as the earth remains, this will the will continue to kill Christians in the name of doing allah good. Our pastors preach love, their imams preach kill. It's high time we know the truth. Even it is in the bible when ismael was sent out. The Bible say, the ismaelites will continue to kill the decendants of Isaac. We need to become wise and defend ourselves.

Look at israel, they are scared of trying any nonsense there because they know that any rubbish they try will be returned back to them. Israelites don't attack first but when the arabs attack, they are ever ready to reply.

We the Christians in Nigeria should always be ready to reply them. What they understand is violence. I'll make sure I become a pastor and tell people to be prepared for them.

Imagine this
Tabari IX:25 "By Allah, I did not come to fight for nothing. I wanted a victory over Ta'if so that I might obtain a slave girl from them and make her pregnant."

By their allah. Our Jehovah is not the same person with this allah. This allah has never created. He is a man made god deposited somewhere in meca. Read who is this allah by Moshay and you will lnow more about the allah
Re: No Matter The Politics: Christrians And Muslims Will Never Live In Unity by LFJ: 3:07am On Apr 27, 2011
Like them or hate them they are in majority, their presence cannot be ignored. All religions have some elements that are extremist, fanatic, and violent. Islam as a religion is not an exception. I see this your posting as another way of misinforming people about the religion of other people. Your posting amount to calling over one billion people a fool. We need to learn how to deal with our problem in Nigeria without insulting other intelligent people across the world who are Muslims.

When did Christian or Jew become an unbeliever to you, the verse you are referring to 9:5, 9:6 … said pagans and unbelievers, and according to my dictionary, the word unbelievers and pagans are well define to guide us

Pegan
1. One of a people or community observing a polytheistic religion, as the ancient Romans and Greeks.
2. A person who is not a Christian, Jew, or Muslim.
3. An irreligious or hedonistic person.

Unbelievers
1. A person who does not believe.
2. A person who does not accept any or some particular, religious belief.

Let us be an agent of peace, and stop all these Muslim and Christian, Yoruba, Hausa and Ibo propagandas.

Vicjustice:

Dear Nigerians, let's stop deceiving ourselves, Christianity and Islam are two conflicting religions and therefore the attempts to unify the followers of Prophet Muhammed and the Followers of Jesus Christ will for ever continue to fail with deadly consequences.
I'm not looking at the issue of Christians and Muslims frequent uprising from a religion aspect, but rather from the political points: If it is just for the religious aspect, it would be fine if Christians and Muslims can't co exist as the two religions have a lot of differences, but for the fact that crimes that involve killings and destructions are involved in every uprising, therefore i'm looking at the issue from the political angle. So, i'm of the opinion that Christianity and Islam can't ever be unified especially with these disturbing quotes.

Qur'an:9:88 "The Messenger and those who believe with him, strive hard and fight with their wealth and lives in Allah's Cause."

Qur'an:9:5 "Fight and kill the disbelievers wherever you find them, take them captive, harass them, lie in wait and ambush them using every stratagem of war."

Qur'an:9:112 "The Believers fight in Allah's Cause, they slay and are slain, kill and are killed."

Qur'an:9:29 "Fight those who do not believe until they all surrender, paying the protective tax in submission."

Ishaq:325 "Muslims, fight in Allah's Cause. Stand firm and you will prosper. Help the Prophet, obey him, give him your allegiance, and your religion will be victorious."

Qur'an:8:39 "Fight them until all opposition ends and all submit to Allah."

Muslim:C9B1N31 "I have been commanded to fight against people till they testify to the fact that there is no god but Allah, and believe in me (that) I am the Messenger and in all that I have brought."

Qur'an:8:39 "So fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief [non-Muslims]) and all submit to the religion of Allah alone (in the whole world)."

Ishaq:324 "He said, 'Fight them so that there is no more rebellion, and religion, all of it, is for Allah only. Allah must have no rivals.'"

Qur'an:9:14 "Fight them and Allah will punish them by your hands, lay them low, and cover them with shame. He will help you over them."

Ishaq:300 "I am fighting in Allah's service. This is piety and a good deed. In Allah's war I do not fear as others should. For this fighting is righteous, true, and good."

Ishaq:587 "Our onslaught will not be a weak faltering affair. We shall fight as long as we live. We will fight until you turn to Islam, humbly seeking refuge. We will fight not caring whom we meet. We will fight whether we destroy ancient holdings or newly gotten gains. We have mutilated every opponent. We have driven them violently before us at the command of Allah and Islam. We will fight until our religion is established. And we will plunder them, for they must suffer disgrace."

Qur'an:8:65 "O Prophet, urge the faithful to fight. If there are twenty among you with determination they will vanquish two hundred; if there are a hundred then they will slaughter a thousand unbelievers, for the infidels are a people devoid of understanding."

Ishaq:326 "Prophet exhort the believers to fight. If there are twenty good fighters they will defeat two hundred for they are a senseless people. They do not fight with good intentions nor for truth."

Bukhari:V4B52N63 "A man whose face was covered with an iron mask came to the Prophet and said, 'Allah's Apostle! Shall I fight or embrace Islam first?' The Prophet said, 'Embrace Islam first and then fight.' So he embraced Islam, and was martyred. Allah's Apostle said, 'A Little work, but a great reward.'"

Bukhari:V4B53N386 "Our Prophet, the Messenger of our Lord, ordered us to fight you till you worship Allah alone or pay us the Jizyah tribute tax in submission. Our Prophet has informed us that our Lord says: 'Whoever amongst us is killed as a martyr shall go to Paradise to lead such a luxurious life as he has never seen, and whoever survives shall become your master.'"

Muslim:C34B20N4668 "The Messenger said: 'Anybody who equips a warrior going to fight in the Way of Allah is like one who actually fights. And anybody who looks after his family in his absence is also like one who actually fights."

Qur'an:9:38 "Believers, what is the matter with you, that when you are asked to go forth and fight in Allah's Cause you cling to the earth? Do you prefer the life of this world to the Hereafter? Unless you go forth, He will afflict and punish you with a painful doom, and put others in your place."

Qur'an:9:123 "Fight the unbelievers around you, and let them find harshness in you."

Qur'an:8:72 "Those who accepted Islam and left their homes to fight in Allah's Cause with their possessions and persons, and those who gave (them) asylum, aid, and shelter, those who harbored them - these are allies of one another. You are not responsible for protecting those who embraced Islam but did not leave their homes [to fight] until they do so." [Another translation reads:] "You are only called to protect Muslims who fight."

Bukhari:V9B84N59 "Whoever says this will save his property and life from me.'"

Qur'an:8:73 "The unbelieving infidels are allies. Unless you (Muslims) aid each other (fighting as one united block to make Allah's religion victorious), there will be confusion and mischief. Those who accepted Islam, left their homes to fight in Allah's Cause (al-Jihad), as well as those who give them asylum, shelter, and aid - these are (all) Believers: for them is pardon and bountiful provision (in Paradise)."

Tabari IX:69 "Arabs are the most noble people in lineage, the most prominent, and the best in deeds. We were the first to respond to the call of the Prophet. We are Allah's helpers and the viziers of His Messenger. We fight people until they believe in Allah. He who believes in Allah and His Messenger has protected his life and possessions from us. As for one who disbelieves, we will fight him forever in the Cause of Allah. Killing him is a small matter to us."

Qur'an:48:16 "Say (Muhammad) to the wandering desert Arabs who lagged behind: 'You shall be invited to fight against a people given to war with mighty prowess. You shall fight them until they surrender and submit. If you obey, Allah will grant you a reward, but if you turn back, as you did before, He will punish you with a grievous torture."

Qur'an:48:22 "If the unbelieving infidels fight against you, they will retreat. (Such has been) the practice (approved) of Allah in the past: no change will you find in the ways of Allah."

Qur'an:47:4 "When you clash with the unbelieving Infidels in battle (fighting Jihad in Allah's Cause), smite their necks until you overpower them, killing and wounding many of them. At length, when you have thoroughly subdued them, bind them firmly, making (them) captives. Thereafter either generosity or ransom (them based upon what benefits Islam) until the war lays down its burdens. Thus are you commanded by Allah to continue carrying out Jihad against the unbelieving infidels until they submit to Islam."

Qur'an:47:31 "And We shall try you until We know those among you who are the fighters."

Tabari VI:138 "Those present at the oath of Aqabah had sworn an allegiance to Muhammad. It was a pledge of war against all men. Allah had permitted fighting."

Tabari VI:139 "Allah had given his Messenger permission to fight by revealing the verse 'And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is all for Allah.'"

Qur'an:9:19 "Do you make the giving of drink to pilgrims, or the maintenance of the Mosque, equal to those who fight in the Cause of Allah? They are not comparable in the sight of Allah. Those who believe, and left their homes, striving with might, fighting in Allah's Cause with their goods and their lives, have the highest rank in the sight of Allah."

Ishaq:550 "The Muslims met them with their swords. They cut through many arms and skulls. Only confused cries and groans could be heard over our battle roars and snarling."

Qur'an:5:94 "Believers, Allah will make a test for you in the form of a little game in which you reach out for your lances. Any who fails this test will have a grievous punishment."

Ishaq:578 "Crushing the heads of the infidels and splitting their skulls with sharp swords, we continually thrust and cut at the enemy. Blood gushed from their deep wounds as the battle wore them down. We conquered bearing the Prophet's fluttering war banner. Our cavalry was submerged in rising dust, and our spears quivered, but by us the Prophet gained victory."

Tabari IX:22 "The Prophet continued to besiege the town, fighting them bitterly."

Tabari IX:82 "The Messenger sent Khalid with an army of 400 to Harith [a South Arabian tribe] and ordered him to invite them to Islam for three days before he fought them. If they were to respond and submit, he was to teach them the Book of Allah, the Sunnah of His Prophet, and the requirements of Islam. If they should decline, then he was to fight them."

Tabari IX:88 "Abdallah Azdi came to the Messenger, embraced Islam, and became a good Muslim. Allah's Apostle invested Azdi with the authority over those who had surrendered and ordered him to fight the infidels from the tribes of Yemen. Azdi left with an army by the Messenger's command. The Muslims besieged them for a month. Then they withdrew, setting a trap. When the Yemenites went in pursuit, Azdi was able to inflict a heavy loss on them."

Ishaq:530 "Get out of his way, you infidel unbelievers. Every good thing goes with the Apostle. Lord, I believe in his word. We will fight you about its interpretations as we have fought you about its revelation with strokes that will remove heads from shoulders and make enemies of friends."

Muslim:C9B1N29 "Command For Fighting Against People So Long As They Do Not Profess That There Is No Ilah (God) But Allah And Muhammad Is His Messenger: When the Messenger breathed his last and Bakr was appointed Caliph, many Arabs chose to become apostates [rejected Islam]. Abu Bakr said: 'I will definitely fight against anyone who stops paying the Zakat tax, for it is an obligation. I will fight against them even to secure the cord used for hobbling the feet of a camel which they used to pay if they withhold it now.' Allah had justified fighting against those who refused to pay Zakat."

Muslim:C9B1N33 "The Prophet said: 'I have been commanded to fight against people till they testify there is no god but Allah, that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah, and they establish prostration prayer, and pay Zakat. If they do it, their blood and property are protected.'"

Muslim:C10B1N176 "Muhammad (may peace be upon him) sent us in a raiding party. We raided Huraqat in the morning. I caught hold of a man and he said: 'There is no god but Allah,' but I attacked him with a spear anyway. It once occurred to me that I should ask the Apostle about this. The Messenger said: 'Did he profess "There is no god but Allah," and even then you killed him?' I said: 'He made a profession out of the fear of the weapon I was threatening him with.' The Prophet said: 'Did you tear out his heart in order to find out whether it had professed truly or not?'"

Muslim:C20B1N4597 "The Prophet said at the conquest of Mecca: 'There is no migration now, but only Jihad, fighting for the Cause of Islam. When you are asked to set out on a Jihad expedition, you should readily do so.'"

Muslim:C28B20N4628 "Allah has undertaken to provide for one who leaves his home to fight for His Cause and to affirm the truth of His word; Allah will either admit him to Paradise or will bring him back home with his reward and booty."

Muslim:C28B20N4629 "The Messenger said: 'One who is wounded in the Way of Allah - and Allah knows best who is wounded in His Way - will appear on the Day of Judgment with his wound still bleeding. The color (of its discharge) will be blood, (but) its smell will be musk.'"

Muslim:C34B20N4652-3 "The Merit Of Jihad And Of Keeping Vigilance Over The Enemy: A man came to the Holy Prophet and said: 'Who is the best of men?' He replied: 'A man who fights staking his life and spending his wealth in Allah's Cause.'"

Muslim:C42B20N4684 "A desert Arab came to the Prophet and said: 'Messenger, one man fights for the spoils of war; another fights that he may be remembered, and one fights that he may see his (high) position (achieved as a result of his valor in fighting). Which of these is fighting in the Cause of Allah?' The Messenger of Allah said: 'Who fights so that the word of Allah is exalted is fighting in the Way of Allah.'"

Muslim:C53B20N4717 "The Prophet said: 'This religion will continue to exist, and a group of people from the Muslims will continue to fight for its protection until the Hour is established.'"

Bukhari:V5B59N288 "I witnessed a scene that was dearer to me than anything I had ever seen. Aswad came to the Prophet while Muhammad was urging the Muslims to fight the pagans. He said, 'We shall fight on your right and on your left and in front of you and behind you.' I saw the face of the Prophet getting bright with happiness, for that saying delighted him."

Bukhari:V5B59N290 "The believers who did not join the Ghazwa [Islamic raid or invasion] and those who fought are not equal in reward."

Qur'an:2:193 "Fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief) and religion is only for Allah. But if they cease/desist, let there be no hostility except against infidel disbelievers."

Qur'an:2:217 "They question you concerning fighting in the sacred month. Say: 'Fighting therein is a grave (matter); but to prevent access to Allah, to deny Him, to prevent access to the Sacred Mosque, to expel its members, and polytheism are worse than slaughter. Nor will they cease fighting you until they make you renegades from your religion. If any of you turn back and die in unbelief, your works will be lost and you will go to Hell. Surely those who believe and leave their homes to fight in Allah's Cause have the hope of Allah's mercy."

Qur'an:2:244 "Fight in Allah's Cause, and know that Allah hears and knows all."

Qur'an:2:246 "He said: 'Would you refrain from fighting if fighting were prescribed for you?' They said: 'How could we refuse to fight in Allah's Cause?'"

Ishaq:280 "The Apostle prepared for war in pursuance of Allah's command to fight his enemies and to fight the infidels who Allah commanded him to fight."

Qur'an:61:2 "O Muslims, why say one thing and do another? Grievously odious and hateful is it in the sight of Allah that you say that which you do not. Truly Allah loves those who fight in His Cause in a battle array, as if they were a solid cemented structure."

Bukhari:V4B52N61 "Allah's Apostle! We were absent from the first battle you fought against the pagans. If Allah gives us a chance to do battle, no doubt, He will see how bravely we fight."

Ishaq:398 "Ask them for their help. Thereby make the religion of Islam agreeable to them. And when you are resolved in the matter of religion concerning fighting your enemy you will have the advantage."

Qur'an:3:146 "How many prophets fought in Allah's Cause? With them (fought) myriads of godly men who were slain. They never lost heart if they met with disaster in Allah's Cause, nor did they weaken nor give in. Allah loves those who are firm and steadfast [warriors]."

Ishaq:393 "How many prophets has death in battle befallen and how many multitudes with him? They did not show weakness toward their enemies and were not humiliated when they suffered in the fight for Allah and their religion. That is steadfastness. Allah loves the steadfast."

Qur'an:3:153 "Behold! You ran off precipitately, climbing up the high hill without even casting a side glance at anyone, while the Messenger in your rear is calling you from your rear, urging you to fight. Allah gave you one distress after another by way of requital, to teach you not to grieve for the booty that had escaped you and for (the ill) that had befallen you."

Qur'an:3:154 "Say: 'Even if you had remained in your houses, those ordained to be slaughtered would have gone forth to the places where they were to slain."

Ishaq:440 "Helped by the Holy Spirit we smited Muhammad's foes. The Apostle sent a message to them with a sharp cutting sword."

Ishaq:470 "We attacked them fully armed, swords in hand, cutting through heads and skulls."

Qur'an:61:4 "Surely Allah loves those who fight in His Cause."

Qur'an:61:11 "Believers, shall I lead you to a bargain or trade that will save you from a painful torment? That you believe in Allah and His Messenger (Muhammad), and that you strive and fight in Allah's Cause with your property and your lives: That will be best for you!" Qur'an 61:12 "He will forgive you your sins, and admit you to Gardens under which rivers flow, and to beautiful mansions in Eden: that is indeed the Supreme Achievement. And another (favor) which you love: help from Allah for a speedy victory over your enemies."

Qur'an:8:5 "Your Lord ordered you out of your homes to fight for the true cause, even though some Muslims disliked it, and were averse (to fighting)."

Qur'an:24:53 "They swear their strongest oaths saying that if only you would command them. They would leave their homes (and go forth fighting in Allah's Cause). Say: 'Swear not; Obedience is (more) reasonable.'"

Qur'an:4:74 "Let those who fight in Allah's Cause sell this world's life for the hereafter. To him who fights in Allah's Cause, whether he is slain or victorious, We shall give him a reward."

Qur'an:4:75 "What reason have you that you should not fight in Allah's Cause?" [Another translation says:] "What is wrong with you that you do not fight for Allah?"
Qur'an:4:76 "Those who believe fight in the Cause of Allah."

Qur'an:4:77 "Have you not seen those to whom it was said: Withhold from fighting, perform the prayer and pay the zakat. But when orders for fighting were issued, a party of them feared men as they ought to have feared Allah. They say: 'Our Lord, why have You ordained fighting for us, why have You made war compulsory?'"

Qur'an:4:78 "Wherever you are, death will find you, even if you are in towers strong and high! So what is wrong with these people, that they fail to understand these simple words?"

Qur'an:4:84 "Then fight (Muhammad) in Allah's Cause. Incite the believers to fight with you."

Qur'an:4:94 "Believers, when you go abroad to fight wars in Allah's Cause, investigate carefully, and say not to anyone who greets you: 'You are not a believer!' Coveting the chance profits of this life (so that you may despoil him). With Allah are plenteous spoils and booty."

Qur'an:4:95 "Not equal are believers who sit home and receive no hurt and those who fight in Allah's Cause with their wealth and lives. Allah has granted a grade higher to those who fight with their possessions and bodies to those who sit home. Those who fight He has distinguished with a special reward."

Qur'an:4:100 "He who leaves his home in Allah's Cause finds abundant resources and many a refuge. Should he die as a refugee for Allah and His Messenger His reward becomes due and sure with Allah. When you travel through the earth there is no blame on you if you curtail your worship for fear unbelievers may attack you. In truth the disbelievers are your enemy."

Qur'an:4:102 "When you (Prophet) lead them in prayer, let some stand with you, taking their arms with them. When they finish their prostrations, let them take positions in the rear. And let others who have not yet prayed come - taking all precaution, and bearing arms. The Infidels wish, if you were negligent of your arms, to assault you in a rush. But there is no blame on you if you put away your arms because of the inconvenience of rain or because you are ill; but take precaution. For the Unbelieving Infidels Allah hath prepared a humiliating punishment."

Qur'an:4:104 "And do not relent in pursuing the enemy."
Re: No Matter The Politics: Christrians And Muslims Will Never Live In Unity by Jenifa1: 6:06am On Apr 27, 2011
the yoruba christians and muslims live in unity. so I don't see your point.
besides, even if islam were non-existent in Nigeria, you will have roman catholics fighting pentecostals etc.

people tend to unite against a common enemy. and when the common enemy disappears, they turn against each other.
so yea, there will always be disunity somewhere. it if's not between christians and muslims, it will be between sunni and shia or between redeemers and winners etc.

so in the end, it's not just about religion. it's a lot more complicated than that

all the quote you posted up there is meaningless. somebody else could open another thread and quote tons and tons of passages where the koran share similarities with the bible.
everything is open to interpretation my friend.
Re: No Matter The Politics: Christrians And Muslims Will Never Live In Unity by merbenko: 9:11am On Apr 27, 2011
Most of the christian nation and state are living in peace with one,christian have no sentiment.Let look what is happen at the arab world is terreble so in Islam voilence is their way of living must especialy those that are calling theirself Izala and yanshia with boko haram.No want dare pray in others sanctuary.But the Darakah are less voilence among them.
Re: No Matter The Politics: Christrians And Muslims Will Never Live In Unity by sirjec(m): 3:50pm On Apr 27, 2011
LFJ:

Like them or hate them they are in majority, their presence cannot be ignored. All religions have some elements that are extremist, fanatic, and violent. Islam as a religion is not an exception. I see this your posting as another way of misinforming people about the religion of other people. Your posting amount to calling over one billion people a fool. We need to learn how to deal with our problem in Nigeria without insulting other intelligent people across the world who are Muslims.

Lol. Who told you the muslims are majority? Where did you get your figures? muslims are minorities in this country. That's why they fought during last census that the religions should not be used. They themselves know and I bet you the true number wll reveal they are fewer that we think.
Re: No Matter The Politics: Christrians And Muslims Will Never Live In Unity by LFJ: 4:28pm On Apr 27, 2011
sirjec:

Lol. Who told you the muslims are majority? Where did you get your figures? muslims are minorities in this country. That's why they fought during last census that the religions should not be used. They themselves know and I bet you the true number wll reveal they are fewer that we think.

If you have the proof that is contrary to what our censure commission gave us, you can help us reveal the truth. Until then, let us accept what we have. I did not use the world majority in term of who has the highest population, I was only saying that both Christians and Muslims have large followers that we cannot just ignore each other, let us learn how to live in peace, and fight our common enemies who use ethnic and religion to divide us.
Re: No Matter The Politics: Christrians And Muslims Will Never Live In Unity by Nobody: 5:13pm On Apr 27, 2011
@ Poster,

Your Topic is very misleading.

No Matter The Politics: Christrians And Muslims Will Never Live In Unity is not correct at all. It rather should be

No Matter The Politics: Muslims Will Never Live In Unity with Non Moslems (Infidels).
Re: No Matter The Politics: Christrians And Muslims Will Never Live In Unity by Vicjustice: 11:37pm On May 17, 2011
archive:

the muslim religion has been twisted by a few who have their own agendas. muslims, especially in nigeria, should be able to live peacefully alongside christians. i have a post about this on my blog www.thenigerianarchive.
Yeah, that's just your opinion, but the Quran forbids so
Re: No Matter The Politics: Christrians And Muslims Will Never Live In Unity by Abagworo(m): 4:52am On May 18, 2011
Both Islam and Christianity are alien to us and was imposed by outsiders.We need to ban them and face our true religion in a modern way.Religion is just politics used in controlling the weak minded and giving them false hope of strength after life.
Re: No Matter The Politics: Christrians And Muslims Will Never Live In Unity by ziccoit: 8:49am On May 18, 2011
@Poster, you have really done a grave job that could turn out to misinform a lot of people and hunt their psychic. Why do you go all the way quoting the verses of Noble Quran and the sayings of the Prophet Muhammed without giving the full interpretations of those quotes? You are entering into the very middle of an Ocean. How are you going to know your way out when you left the wise men unconsulted before dipping into it? What knowledge do you have about the science of Noble Quran and sayings of the Prophet?

You have no knowledge of what you are saying. Those blanket quotes and interpretations given to them are non-congruent. If by your religion ALLAH means GOD, you are telling us here that GOD is not the Creator of NON-MUSLIMS. How can ALLAH create a group and directed them to be killed by another group just like that without any reason.

I swear by ALLAH the creator of the Universe, the Poster doesn't have the knowledge of what he is doing. All what he wrote are lies. They don't go as presented by him. You need to spend years in the school of Arabic to be able to give correct meaning to the verses of HOLY QURAN and THE SAYINGS OF THE PROPHET.

There is specialization in ARABIC STUDIES too. There are people that only specialised in correct interpretation of NOBLE QURAN while some in THE SAYINGS OF THE PROPHET etc.

By definition, ISLAM is a religious of peace. If you now see something going against such all you need is asking those who know. The poster, no doubt is a religious bigot and a product of our poor educational system. You saw something somewhere, the best you could do was to copy and paste!

Despite having a lot of non-Muslims as friends and neighbour, I understand what their religion allow and not.

@Poster, you have demonstrated the peak of hatred you have for the MUSLIMS and ISLAM based on lies. This is how people of your likes are doing painting Islam and Muslims black all over the world. When do you going to stop this? You are getting older everyday you know?

Picking those quotes one by one and demystifying them would be a waste of time because, your mind is made up already. The heat of hatred being generated by your mind for MUSLIMS and ISLAM can only be quenched by you alone.

I can give you scores of QURANIC verses and THE SAYING OF THE PROPHET, where MUSLIMS are enjoying and mandated to live in harmony with NON-MUSLIMS. If we could have such, are you accusing GOD of being doubletalked and contradicting Himself? As far as the knowledge about which this thread is opened; you are an empty brain.
Re: No Matter The Politics: Christrians And Muslims Will Never Live In Unity by sirjec(m): 9:11am On May 18, 2011
ziccoit:

@Poster, you have really done a grave job that could turn out to misinform a lot of people and hunt their psychic. Why do you go all the way quoting the verses of Noble Quran and the sayings of the Prophet Muhammed without giving the full interpretations of those quotes? You are entering into the very middle of an Ocean. How are you going to know your way out when you left the wise men unconsulted before dipping into it? What knowledge do you have about the science of Noble Quran and sayings of the Prophet?

You have no knowledge of what you are saying. Those blanket quotes and interpretations given to them are non-congruent. If by your religion ALLAH means GOD, you are telling us here that GOD is not the Creator of NON-MUSLIMS. How can ALLAH create a group and directed them to be killed by another group just like that without any reason.

I swear by ALLAH the creator of the Universe, the Poster doesn't have the knowledge of what he is doing. All what he wrote are lies. They don't go as presented by him. You need to spend years in the school of Arabic to be able to give correct meaning to the verses of HOLY QURAN and THE SAYINGS OF THE PROPHET.

There is specialization in ARABIC STUDIES too. There are people that only specialised in correct interpretation of NOBLE QURAN while some in THE SAYINGS OF THE PROPHET etc.

By definition, ISLAM is a religious of peace. If you now see something going against such all you need is asking those who know. The poster, no doubt is a religious bigot and a product of our poor educational system. You saw something somewhere, the best you could do was to copy and paste!

Despite having a lot of non-Muslims as friends and neighbour, I understand what their religion allow and not.

@Poster, you have demonstrated the peak of hatred you have for the MUSLIMS and ISLAM based on lies. This is how people of your likes are doing painting Islam and Muslims black all over the world. When do you going to stop this? You are getting older everyday you know?

Picking those quotes one by one and demystifying them would be a waste of time because, your mind is made up already. The heat of hatred being generated by your mind for MUSLIMS and ISLAM can only be quenched by you alone.

I can give you scores of QURANIC verses and THE SAYING OF THE PROPHET, where MUSLIMS are enjoying and mandated to live in harmony with NON-MUSLIMS. If we could have such, are you accusing GOD of being doubletalked and contradicting Himself? As far as the knowledge about which this thread is opened; you are an empty brain.

The op just posted what everybody will read and understand, Does it have another meaning outside what we see, read, and understand or do we also need Holy Spirit to understand quaran?

Mind you, allah might have created your world but this world is created by Jehovah. So the op just revealed the truth and you actions just confirmed these are really commands from your allah to your prophet. Thank OP
Re: No Matter The Politics: Christrians And Muslims Will Never Live In Unity by omenala(m): 2:38pm On May 18, 2011
@ op, Very enlightening.

I've got a question for nairalanders, if u were a parent will you let your children listen to a message preached by ;

(a) Jesus Christ - who preached loving your neighbor as yourself.

or

(b) Mohamed - who preached all what was in the op?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sunnahs And Etiquettes Of EID. / Are Boko-haram Members Muslims Or Not / Woolwich Attack: English Defence League Chief And Muslim Share Hug At Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 205
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.