Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,707 members, 7,802,120 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:25 AM

Nigerians, I Need Your Help! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Nigerians, I Need Your Help! (2462 Views)

Yahoo Boys In The House,i Need Your Help. / Yes Nigerians, I Can Do It For You. / The Paging File Of My Pc Is Too High , I Need Your Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians, I Need Your Help! by THEAMAKA(f): 8:06pm On Apr 24, 2011
okay, this is a thread mainly for people in Naija, because i think they are best fit to help me out.
I might be going to Naija in July, and i want to take my laptop with me. the only thing is I will be staying in the village (Imo State), and don't know how the internet thing works over there.
so how exactly can i get internet connection in the village? does it depend on where I am? or? . . .

thanks.
Re: Nigerians, I Need Your Help! by Nobody: 9:03pm On Apr 24, 2011
Mtn works there,just get 100 dollars equivlent ,and you will be connected
Re: Nigerians, I Need Your Help! by THEAMAKA(f): 9:09pm On Apr 24, 2011
thanks! but do i have to buy a card? or is there some special set-up?
N150,000? shocked
Re: Nigerians, I Need Your Help! by Nobody: 9:16pm On Apr 24, 2011
That money you mentioned is too much for internet connection haba,that is 1000 dollars you mentioned,100 us dollars is 15 thousand you get a mocular and then you browse the internet
Re: Nigerians, I Need Your Help! by THEAMAKA(f): 9:19pm On Apr 24, 2011
olas2u:

That money you mentioned is too much for internet connection haba,that is 1000 dollars you mentioned,100 us dollars is 15 thousand  you get a mocular  and then you browse the internet
my bad, i put it into the calculator wrong. lolol
can you show me what a mocular is? or maybe i can just google it, lol

is it something like this?
[img]http://www.mtn.sd/en/media/get/20100906_mtn-link-1.jpg[/img]
Re: Nigerians, I Need Your Help! by BankoleO1: 9:24pm On Apr 24, 2011
THE AMAKA:

okay, this is a thread mainly for people in Naija, because i think they are best fit to help me out.
I might be going to Naija in July, and i want to take my laptop with me. the only thing is I will be staying in the village (Imo State), and don't know how the internet thing works over there.
so how exactly can i get internet connection in the village? does it depend on where I am? or? . . .

thanks.

If you have Airtel service in your village you are in luck call 0813-7756154 I will get you connected for free.
Re: Nigerians, I Need Your Help! by THEAMAKA(f): 9:25pm On Apr 24, 2011
Bankole_O:

If you have Airtel service in your village you are in luck call 0813-7756154 I will get you connected for free.
I have no idea on that, will have to double check. but let this no be scam oooo. lol
Re: Nigerians, I Need Your Help! by Nobody: 9:29pm On Apr 24, 2011
THE AMAKA:

my bad, i put it into the calculator wrong. lolol
can you show me what a mocular is? or maybe i can just google it, lol

is it something like this?
[img]http://www.mtn.sd/en/media/get/20100906_mtn-link-1.jpg[/img]
correct you got the idea.Mtn is the biggest network over there and etisalet,any other one may be badnews as in slow or problematic in that part of Nigeria
Re: Nigerians, I Need Your Help! by THEAMAKA(f): 9:36pm On Apr 24, 2011
lol, i wanted to boycott MTN sef, but it seems i have no choice.
THANKS! so where can you usually buy these things?
Re: Nigerians, I Need Your Help! by Nobody: 9:38pm On Apr 24, 2011
In the cities or major resellers
Re: Nigerians, I Need Your Help! by THEAMAKA(f): 9:39pm On Apr 24, 2011
olas2u:

In the cities or major resellers
I guess I will be making a trip to Owerri grin
thank you so much!!!
Re: Nigerians, I Need Your Help! by Nobody: 9:40pm On Apr 24, 2011
seems you are the same Amaka that always argue in favour of long penis evertime at the sexuality section.i have read you many times cheers
Re: Nigerians, I Need Your Help! by THEAMAKA(f): 9:41pm On Apr 24, 2011
olas2u:

seems you are the same Amaka that always argue in favour of long manliness evertime at the sexuality section.i have read you many times cheers
angry
that is not me. how the hell did that come up? na wa for you ooooo
Re: Nigerians, I Need Your Help! by Nobody: 9:46pm On Apr 24, 2011
sorry then
Re: Nigerians, I Need Your Help! by THEAMAKA(f): 9:49pm On Apr 24, 2011
olas2u:

sorry then
i used to be in that section months and months ago, but it has now gone to the dogs. lol
Re: Nigerians, I Need Your Help! by THEAMAKA(f): 1:28am On Apr 25, 2011
another question.
how long does it last? does it last a lifetime, or do you have to renew it after a while?
Re: Nigerians, I Need Your Help! by Nobody: 7:12am On Apr 25, 2011
THE AMAKA:

another question.
how long does it last? does it last a lifetime, or do you have to renew it after a while?
That 15k is monthly
Re: Nigerians, I Need Your Help! by Nobody: 7:13am On Apr 25, 2011
this might have changed,because am not in Nigeria,but the prices should be going down as more people are connected
Re: Nigerians, I Need Your Help! by THEAMAKA(f): 7:15am On Apr 25, 2011
15k monthly? shocked shocked shocked i don't even pay that for internet here in the states. that really hurts the pocket. but then again, i only plan on staying four weeks.
so after a month runs out, you. . .

sorry, i just wanna be totally sure smiley
Re: Nigerians, I Need Your Help! by Nobody: 7:27am On Apr 25, 2011
Depending on what you want,i think the fastest one is this 15k,tghere are cheaper ones,but it will take a longer time for you to open pages
Re: Nigerians, I Need Your Help! by princeofp: 7:35am On Apr 25, 2011
Get MTN fastlink modem for 5K ($35) and load it with 8K ($55) for instant connection, u r good to go 24/7 for duration of one month
Re: Nigerians, I Need Your Help! by THEAMAKA(f): 7:36am On Apr 25, 2011
and then if i want to renew it, do i buy a recharge card. sorry, just asking. lol
Re: Nigerians, I Need Your Help! by Nobody: 7:39am On Apr 25, 2011
you can see the lastes gist now,the prices are down,if you now charge it with 5k
Re: Nigerians, I Need Your Help! by princeofp: 7:40am On Apr 25, 2011
Sure, u don't hv to visit their office for renewal or activation
Re: Nigerians, I Need Your Help! by BankoleO1: 8:37am On Apr 25, 2011
THE AMAKA link=to angryupic=653614.msg8196658#msg8196658 date=1303676753:

I have no idea on that, will have to double check. but let this no be scam oooo. lol

Why does everyone on Nairaland always think of scam? Am fed with this  angry I said if you haveAirtel network signal in your village, I will set u up for F-R-E-E(YOU DONT PAY A DIME TO ME OR TO AIRTEL FOR INTERNET FOR MONTHS).

GOD! what does a brother need todo before I can help someone here in NL for F-R-E-E!  undecided Anyway I have changed my mind its like you prefer paying for internet subscription enjoy your stay in your village.
Re: Nigerians, I Need Your Help! by 10cirenoh: 9:01am On Apr 25, 2011
Get MTN fastlink which goes for N5,000 ($33), then buy N8,000 ($53)MTN worth of recharge card, get a MTN sim too, without an MTN sim, you cannot browse with just the modem.

After getting the sim, insect the sim into the modem, then load the sim with the N8,000 recarge cards you got, then subscribe for the 24/7 monthly plan.

VOLLA!!

All the plan options can be found on the modem template on your laptop once the modem has been installed, so it's as simple as ABC.
Re: Nigerians, I Need Your Help! by THEAMAKA(f): 12:28pm On Apr 25, 2011
Bankole_O:

Why does everyone on Nairaland always think of scam? Am fed with this  angry I said if you haveAirtel network signal in your village, I will set u up for F-R-E-E(YOU DONT PAY A DIME TO ME OR TO AIRTEL FOR INTERNET FOR MONTHS).

GOD! what does a brother need todo before I can help someone here in NL for F-R-E-E!  undecided Anyway I have changed my mind its like you prefer paying for internet subscription enjoy your stay in your village.
na you sabi! lol
thank you anyway kiss cool

olas2u:

you can see the lastes gist now,the prices are down,if you now charge it with 5k
cooool

10cirenoh:

Get MTN fastlink which goes for N5,000 ($33), then buy N8,000 ($53)MTN worth of recharge card, get a MTN sim too, without an MTN sim, you cannot browse with just the modem.

After getting the sim, insect the sim into the modem, then load the sim with the N8,000 recarge cards you got, then subscribe for the 24/7 monthly plan.

VOLLA!!

All the plan options can be found on the modem template on your laptop once the modem has been installed, so it's as simple as ABC.
THANK YOU GUYS! kiss kiss kiss
Re: Nigerians, I Need Your Help! by kingsleyp: 6:19pm On Apr 25, 2011
Why worry about internet. I know ur village in Imo. There is constant wireless lan for free browsing.
LOL
Re: Nigerians, I Need Your Help! by THEAMAKA(f): 12:05am On Apr 26, 2011
kingsleyp:

Why worry about internet. I know your village in Imo. There is constant wireless lan for .
LOL
lol, so i can stay connected. 4 weeks without internet? shocked shocked shocked
no thanks.
Re: Nigerians, I Need Your Help! by puskin: 5:22am On Apr 26, 2011
This babe don come here just to create topic and una dey answer am.
Re: Nigerians, I Need Your Help! by Nobody: 5:26am On Apr 26, 2011
10cirenoh:

VOLLA!!

Cool as breeze.

If you want to save your internet fee and browse f r e e on MTN let me know. i have a solution for you.
Re: Nigerians, I Need Your Help! by 10cirenoh: 12:49pm On Apr 27, 2011
^^^

Don't worry, i know how to handle that too cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

*SOLD OUT* Samsung Laptop R480 Corei3 4gb 320gb Hdd, Webcam Dvd-rom, Red Color / Mint Dell E6430u For Sale / Hp Elitebook 745 G2 Amd A8. 500gb Hdd, 4gb RAM.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.