Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,876 members, 7,806,520 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:46 PM

3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq (15692 Views)

Deadly Bombings Reported In Nigerian City Where Boko Haram Was Founded- NY Times / North Now Controls Two Powerful Arms Of Government / Northern Leaders To FG: Demilitarise The North Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by Nobody: 8:56am On Apr 25, 2011
KANO, Nigeria — Three bomb blasts have hit a city in northeastern Nigeria, leaving a number of people killed and wounded in an attack believed to have been carried out by an Islamist sect, police said.

The blasts on Sunday night ahead of Tuesday's state governorship elections occurred at a hotel tavern and outside the gate of a transport hub in Maiduguri, police spokesman Mai Mamman said.

Unrest swept across Nigeria's north following April 16 presidential elections, with hundreds believed killed.

Maiduguri has long been hit by violence blamed on an Islamist sect known as Boko Haram, which launched an uprising in 2009, though some of the recent attacks are believed to have been politically linked.

"For sure casualties were recorded, but we cannot say how many dead or how many were injured in the blast," Mamman said.

"The victims were evacuated to two hospitals in the city. We will have to sort out the victims to ascertain how many were dead and how many were injured. From all indications, this is the handiwork of Boko Haram, which have carried out similar attacks in the past."

Of the three blasts, two occurred at the hotel and one at the motor park.

Boko Haram had distributed fliers earlier Sunday warning of further insecurity.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5gM3xWbKq0z3fjX25JOeFEzS76cKw?docId=CNG.82196a5b15ef45a2d4e744675740cd6a.8f1
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by Chubhie: 9:39am On Apr 25, 2011
People should leave this hostile north abi dem bury their soul for north?
Chasing money and putting your family at risk. I just wonder what is still keeping sane peeps there?
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by vladimiros: 9:53am On Apr 25, 2011
this is not Iraq

this is Pakistan,

Iraq had a war a retarded leader, but this are just bunch of asses looking for attention
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by Allta(m): 9:56am On Apr 25, 2011
This is a serious threat to Nigeria amalgamation
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by emekaD3(m): 10:01am On Apr 25, 2011
sad When did this happen?
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by Allta(m): 10:05am On Apr 25, 2011
emeka.D.:

sad When did this happen?

Sunday's night/Monday's morning I believe
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by freegaza(m): 10:07am On Apr 25, 2011
Another bomb blast has occured around 9:00am
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by Nobody: 10:07am On Apr 25, 2011
The security situation in Nigeria is appaling. This country needs reengineering.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by Nobody: 10:15am On Apr 25, 2011
I am sorry to say but this is instigated by external forces beyond our borders.

Iran and or Saudi Arabia easily come to mind.

Thank God Buhari did not win
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by freegaza(m): 10:29am On Apr 25, 2011
Only a fool will think dis has anything to do with Buhari.These people were here since 2003 and the FG did nothing to control.NOW THEY WILL USE THE ANGER OF THE NORTHERNERS FOR RECRUITMENT AND SUPPORT
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by Nobody: 10:33am On Apr 25, 2011
^

Thank you for the compliment , lol. grin
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by Odunnu: 11:07am On Apr 25, 2011
Na wa o!
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by kodewrita(m): 12:26pm On Apr 25, 2011
****note to self: practice french/spanish desperately, convert currency to dollars and pass that effing international exam
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by Rossikk(m): 1:44pm On Apr 25, 2011
I am sorry to say but this is instigated by external forces beyond our borders

true
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by seanet02: 1:46pm On Apr 25, 2011
Rossikk:

true
So that is true to you dunce?
When MEND bombed Lagos you did not claim it was An External Influenced Incident
Case of Double standard!!!!
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by Beaf: 2:00pm On Apr 25, 2011
seanet02:

So that is true to you dunce?
When MEND bombed Lagos you did not claim it was An External Influenced Incident
Case of Double standard!!!!

That was the real MEND and they expressed regret whenever their operations led to the loss of any civilian lives.

We regret any civilian loss of life that may have occurred from the attack.

-Jomo Gbomo

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5436404-146/Atlas_cove_attack:_Militants_react_to.csp

This new "Aboki MEND" doesn't give a toss about civilian lives, in fact they lust after blood. Aboki MEND has been blowing up the place since Oct 1 last year.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by seanet02: 2:05pm On Apr 25, 2011
Beaf:

That was the real MEND and they expressed regret whenever their operations led to the loss of any civilian lives.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5436404-146/Atlas_cove_attack:_Militants_react_to.csp

This new "Aboki MEND" doesn't give a toss about civilian lives, in fact they lust after blood. Aboki MEND has been blowing up the place since Oct 1 last year.
I knew they have always been more Human than this Northern Blood suckers but the issue is The Northerners are Influenced by crook Politician using Religion as a scape route
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by Beaf: 2:12pm On Apr 25, 2011
seanet02:

I knew they have always been more Human than this Northern Blood suckers but the issue is The Northerners are Influenced by crook Politician using Religion as a scape route

I agree, and I hope to God that they are rounded up soon after the elections when there will be no need to keep a fragile peace by all means.
The animals must be picked up and if any foolhardy almajiri decides to kill, burn and loot in response, the FG must persuade them and calm their nerves with deadly bullets.

As for the so called Boko Haram, we might need to invade Niger Republic to drive the message home that we will no longer tolerate their fvcked up citizens crossing our borders to forment trouble after getting paid.

I pray that it will be gloves off time after the elections.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by EzeUche3(m): 2:13pm On Apr 25, 2011
And people wonder why I want division. Let the Christian East go. We do not have to worry about religious extremist.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by Nobody: 2:20pm On Apr 25, 2011
frosbel:

FOO-OOL it has not yet occurred to you that Buhari's presidency would av put an instant end to this crisis!

For the records, go and read about the scary Islamic maitatsineh Sect (believed to be invisible when they attack) so brutal, wild, devilish and inhuman (Boko Haramites are actually like child's play to the maitatsineh sect) But buhari destroyed and buried the sect during his regime as a military head of state.

Majority of us voted him because we know this errant non-sense wouldn't happen in his government.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by Beaf: 2:23pm On Apr 25, 2011
greateros:

FOO-OOL it has not yet occurred to you that Buhari's presidency would av put an instant end to this crisis!

For the records, go and read about the scary Islamic maitatsineh Sect (believed to be invisible when they attack) so brutal, wild, devilish and inhuman (Boko Haramites are actually like child's play to the maitatsineh sect) But buhari destroyed and buried the sect during his regime as a military head of state.

Majority of us voted him because we know this errant non-sense wouldn't happen in his government.

Lol!

It would simply grow instead. I don't believe Buhari even knows how to use the internet, yet things like the election riots are said to have been organised via twitter.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by texazzpete(m): 2:28pm On Apr 25, 2011
frosbel:

Your current Government has not been able to quell the Boko Haram menace yet and all you can do is thank God?
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by Tunsbobo(m): 2:33pm On Apr 25, 2011
foolish hausas! Why are they so dumb?
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by Hanoobaba(m): 2:39pm On Apr 25, 2011
For chrissake, let's be realistic and not let our political affiliations cloud our reasoning ability.
Every right thinking person should have figured out that these are not politically but rather religously motivated violence.
Say whatever you like, but the fact remains that violence have been erupting in the north even before the general elections. The fact that a christian southerner won only aggravated the situation. I hope we will all get down on our knees and start praying because I foresee very rough times ahead. God bless Nigeria, but if splitting is the only solution to this menace, I have no objection.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by chamber2(m): 2:46pm On Apr 25, 2011
I think the best option remains to split this country. The Northerners are becoming very senseless and inhuman.I can't understand the rationale beside the killing of innocent citizens in the name of election which has never favoured the common man.The north have had the largest chunk of national wealth and yet remain the most impoverish and backward.Why not attack those responsible for your predicaments,why innocent citizens who meant no harm?The north receive the largest amount of scholarship grant and yet they refuse to go to school.They claim that their religion is the best and yet refused to prove it.What is really wrong with these nihilists?

I ask again, CAN ANYTHING GOOD COME OUT OF NORTHERN NIGERIA?
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by EzeUche3(m): 2:48pm On Apr 25, 2011
Yes, let us split this nation. We have nothing in common with the North. Haven't people realized that by now?
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by StudioCFR(m): 2:55pm On Apr 25, 2011
foolish hausa's
thats why they would never progress. . .

Useless people.
Beggerz!
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by Nobody: 2:58pm On Apr 25, 2011
This Presidency is weak.

Killings have been taking place in the North for so long now,so why wait after elections to stop this fvcking s h i t. What has been happening the whole time?
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by TippyTop(m): 3:00pm On Apr 25, 2011
EzeUche__:

And people wonder why I want division. Let the Christian East go. We do not have to worry about religious extremist.

Do you see your numerous posts on same subject as strategic fulcrum or what?
I hate to tell you it's ad nauseam.
For f^^k sake stop being a coward lieutenant, please lead your people or family out.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by chamber2(m): 3:02pm On Apr 25, 2011

This Presidency is weak.

Killings have been taking place in the North for so long now,so why wait after elections to stop this fvcking s h i t. What has been happening the whole time?

Don't blame the presidency, the north is naturally inclined to violence and there is nothing anybody can do about it. The best option is to split the country.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by EzeUche3(m): 3:04pm On Apr 25, 2011
babaearly:

This Presidency is weak.

You cannot blame the President that has been occurring  since he was a young lad. Violence in Northern Nigeria is old as Nigeria itself.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by Beaf: 3:05pm On Apr 25, 2011
babaearly:

This Presidency is weak.

You talk exactly like one of those almajiri's. That is how they prime themselves for violence, they make claims like GEJ is weak, he is a coward, he has no political constituency, he is a dunce, his PhD must be questioned etc. Yet each time they go into battle with him and come out looking like weak FOOLS. I wonder why? grin

Dude, do yourself some good and leave Hausa-Fulani style campaign tools.
Any Southerner or Middle Belter meaninglessly mouthing such backward methods only looks like an easily influenced robot and a political tool.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Boko Haram Kills 27 In Fresh Monguno Bombing - PUNCH / The Warning Letter Against Fani-Kayode & Lere Olayinka From Amaechi (Photos) / Edwin Clark: Police To Arraign Informant In Court (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.