Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:28 PM

Shakesphear's Name In The King James Bible Spelled Backwards - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Shakesphear's Name In The King James Bible Spelled Backwards (13528 Views)

King James Bible Is NOT The Best Translation & Catholic Influence ( Edited ) / Real Image Of King James Of KJV1611 / Reasons Why I Dont Read King James Bible. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shakesphear's Name In The King James Bible Spelled Backwards by ap7453: 10:26pm On Feb 08, 2006
Some years back some young white boys showed me a place in the King James Version of the Bible where William Shakesphear's name was spelled backwards. It is well known that Shakesphear helped King James write the Bible, and that King James told him not to put his name anywhere in the Bible. Anybody else heard of this, let me know.
Re: Shakesphear's Name In The King James Bible Spelled Backwards by layi(m): 5:52pm On Feb 09, 2006
We have GOD in the bible.
So dog was spelt backwards. Right?
This means a dog co wrote the bible with King James. Right?

You guyz will stop at nothing to discredit the holy book. Go on with your folly.

3 Likes

Re: Shakesphear's Name In The King James Bible Spelled Backwards by exu(m): 6:35pm On Feb 09, 2006
I don't see how this is an attempt to discredit the Bible...
Re: Shakesphear's Name In The King James Bible Spelled Backwards by layi(m): 6:46pm On Feb 09, 2006
Thats because you are biased. Its obvious.
I believe someone as intelligent as you are should know that the bible is called the holy book written over a thousand years ago. Now to say shakesphere cowrote the bible means a million and 1 things.
I expected a better argunment than that from you exu. sad

1 Like

Re: Shakesphear's Name In The King James Bible Spelled Backwards by snazzydawn(f): 6:47pm On Feb 09, 2006
*rolls eyes*
Re: Shakesphear's Name In The King James Bible Spelled Backwards by mochafella(m): 6:50pm On Feb 09, 2006
ap7453:

Some years back some young white boys showed me a place in the King James Version of the Bible where William Shakesphear's name was spelled backwards. It is well known that Shakesphear helped King James write the Bible, and that King James told him not to put his name anywhere in the Bible. Anybody else heard of this, let me know.

Never heard of it. Care to refer us to the chapter and verse in the bible? Until then I plead the 5th lipsrsealed
Re: Shakesphear's Name In The King James Bible Spelled Backwards by exu(m): 6:51pm On Feb 09, 2006
Honestly I wasn't even trying to start an argument I just couldn't see how this 'discredits' the Bible, I obviously wasn't looking as far ahead as you,

Seriously though, I believe that when the initiator of this post said that Shakespeare helped 'write' the Bible what he meant was that he helped to 'translate' from Latin to English,

Personally I could think of (at least) one hundred better reasons why the Bible has no value,

1 Like

Re: Shakesphear's Name In The King James Bible Spelled Backwards by snazzydawn(f): 6:56pm On Feb 09, 2006
*rolls eyes* again at thread..
Re: Shakesphear's Name In The King James Bible Spelled Backwards by KAG: 11:55pm On Jun 26, 2007
ap7453:

I don't think that's true, then again some people say Shakespeare wasn't a real person, so whatever.

layi:

We have GOD in the bible.
So dog was spelt backwards. Right?
This means a dog co wrote the bible with King James. Right?

It's possible.
Re: Shakesphear's Name In The King James Bible Spelled Backwards by ajadrage: 8:59am On Jun 27, 2007
Na wa o, una no go kill person for nairaland. If some white guys show you somewhere for bible, you for help us black guys by telling us where the place dey inside bible na. Whats the use posting when you no provide backing for your statement, emmmm ap7453.

And wait a minute, was Shakespeare even alive in the time of king James, I seriously doubt it smiley

1 Like

Re: Shakesphear's Name In The King James Bible Spelled Backwards by Aproko(f): 11:05am On Jun 27, 2007
ap7453:

Some years back some young white boys showed me a place in the King James Version of the Bible where William Shakesphear's name was spelled backwards.

what were they trying to prove?

ap7453:

It is well known that Shakesphear helped King James write the Bible,

well known by who?

1 Like

Re: Shakesphear's Name In The King James Bible Spelled Backwards by thesilent1(m): 11:48am On Jun 27, 2007
nice to see we are still alive and well here.
Re: Shakesphear's Name In The King James Bible Spelled Backwards by lafile(m): 11:52am On Jun 27, 2007
Where is the Hiss icon?

1 Like

Re: Shakesphear's Name In The King James Bible Spelled Backwards by thesilent1(m): 12:04pm On Jun 27, 2007
please let me know if you find it
Re: Shakesphear's Name In The King James Bible Spelled Backwards by nossycheek(f): 4:07pm On Jun 28, 2007
lafile:

Where is the Hiss icon?

I need it more than you all.
Re: Shakesphear's Name In The King James Bible Spelled Backwards by stimulus(m): 4:14pm On Jun 28, 2007
lafile:

Where is the Hiss icon?

Someone is still working on it. But try this one for the mean time:
Re: Shakesphear's Name In The King James Bible Spelled Backwards by Gheorghe(m): 4:39pm On Jun 28, 2007
well lets start from spelling "SHAKESPHEAR" backwards "RAEHPSEKAHS". my people,i've seen or heard of such in my whole life of studing the bible or from any man on the pulpit. and it makes no sense to me.na wao.

1 Like

Re: Shakesphear's Name In The King James Bible Spelled Backwards by stimulus(m): 6:57pm On Jun 28, 2007
The thread originator sef is nowhere to be found. Wey the backwardly-spelt "Shakespeare" for Bible now? sad

1 Like

Re: Shakesphear's Name In The King James Bible Spelled Backwards by KAG: 9:52pm On Jun 28, 2007
stimulus:

The thread originator sef is nowhere to be found. Wey the backwardly-spelt "Shakespeare" for Bible now? sad

Owing to the fact I ressurected the thread, I decided to google for it. Here's what I found:

IF YOU HAVE A KING JAMES VERSION, (if not it won't work)
Look up Psalms 46. Count until you get to the 46th word, which is SHAKE. Now count 46 words from the end, and it is SPEAR.

William Shakespeare was 46 years old at the time he translated this Bible, which mains logical sense, seeing as it is in the 46th Psalm, the 46th words from top and bottom.

Source: some forum
Re: Shakesphear's Name In The King James Bible Spelled Backwards by stimulus(m): 10:34pm On Jun 28, 2007
Hi KAG,

I'd seen that in a forum as well: http://www.cool-teens.com/archive/index.php/t-15410.html

In anycase, when I tried counting as recommended, it didn't seem to fit the 46th word counting from the end. Perhaps I'm missing something; but when a few of my pals asked me to lay them out, I found that the word SPEAR was the 47th word. This was how it worked out:

47 spear
46 in
45 sunder
44 he
43 burneth
42 the
41 chariot
40 in
39 the
38 fire.
37 Be
36 still
35 and
34 know
33 that
32 I
31 am
30 God
29 I
28 will
27 be
26 exalted
25 among
24 the
23 heathen
22 I
21 will
20 be
19 exalted
18 in
17 the
16 earth
15 The
14 LORD
13 of
12 hosts
11 is
10 with
9 us
8 the
7 God
6 of
5 Jacob
4 is
3 our
2 refuge
1 Selah.

You won't believe it, but my pals insisted I still got it wrong - even though I tried to point out that William Shakespeare was not the translator of the King James Bible! sad
Re: Shakesphear's Name In The King James Bible Spelled Backwards by KAG: 11:13pm On Jun 28, 2007
stimulus:

Hi KAG,

I'd seen that in a forum as well: http://www.cool-teens.com/archive/index.php/t-15410.html

In anycase, when I tried counting as recommended, it didn't seem to fit the 46th word counting from the end. Perhaps I'm missing something; but when a few of my pals asked me to lay them out, I found that the word SPEAR was the 47th word. This was how it worked out:

1 Selah.

You won't believe it, but my pals insisted I still got it wrong

I think you're suppose to ignore "selah"

- even though I tried to point out that William Shakespeare was not the translator of the King James Bible! sad

LoL, that would be asking too much.
Re: Shakesphear's Name In The King James Bible Spelled Backwards by Kuns: 3:57pm On Jul 06, 2007
How come everyone except black people know the bible is a fabrication of the truth.

Everyone (people of other races) knows this, except the negroids , If we go to Psalms 46 we can clearly see where William Shakespeare (William Tynsdale) left his make.

1: God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
2: Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;
3: Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah.
4: There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High.
5: God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early.
6: The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted.
7: The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.
8: Come, behold the works of the LORD, what desolations he hath made in the earth.
9: He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth; he breaketh the bow, and cutteth the spear in sunder; he burneth the chariot in the fire.
10: Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
11: The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah

In bold you can clearly see the name William Shakespeare

2 Likes

Re: Shakesphear's Name In The King James Bible Spelled Backwards by Paulus(m): 4:29pm On Jul 06, 2007
Kuns,

What you have just done, is to take the Scriptures out of context, and make them say what you want them to say. Be careful, there is a Judge, and He doesn't play games.

1 Like

Re: Shakesphear's Name In The King James Bible Spelled Backwards by KAG: 6:58pm On Jul 08, 2007
Kuns:

How come everyone except black people know the bible is a fabrication of the truth.

Everyone (people of other races) knows this, except the negroids , If we go to Psalms 46 we can clearly see where William Shakespeare (William Tynsdale) left his make.

Would it be asking too much of you to ask that you provide evidence for the idea that William Shakespeare was Tynsdale?
Re: Shakesphear's Name In The King James Bible Spelled Backwards by Horus(m): 10:18am On Jul 09, 2007
[size=14pt]SHAKESPEARE left his signature on the Bible.Let me explain it to you detail.Shakespeare use the number 46 as a code to do it.
[/size]

We must overstand that KING JAMES was a English King and he has his own version of the Bible. In fact he had his ENGLISH BIBLE translated from the Tynsdale German version of the Bible. At present, we know of 17 different German translations produced between 1466 and 1522, but these translations never became popular. First, they were mostly based on the Vulgate, and not the originals. They were also largely poor, awkward translations. Although good intentioned, these translators often just didn't have the language skills necessary to make good translations.

Coverdale's work was the basis of the next English Bible, the Great Bible published in 1540.The Geneva Bible appeared in 1560. This Reformed Bible was promoted by Calvin and Beza, the Reformed leaders from Geneva Switzerland -- and hence the name. The heart of this translation was the official explanation in the notes that explained what everything said. This version was printed in 117 editions and was used far into the 17th century. Shakespeare quoted from this version of the Bible.

The Bible was then put into the Shakespearean Language by King James because it was the most flowery and picturesque Language of his day and even up to today. In fact SHAKESPEARE left his signature on the Bible. The Scholars know about the 46 Rabbis or 46 Elders that was used by King James, who couldn’t speak Hebrew and who belonged to the Anglican Church, a branch that broke off from Martin Luther, who had broken off from the Catholic Church. So King James wanted a Bible to set up his own European Church. So the Bible is in his (KING JAMES VERSION and not GOD’s VERSION.)

(1). Catholic Versions

(2). Latter Day Saint Versions

(3). American Standard Version

(4).Amplified Bible Version   (Jehovah Witnesses)

(5).Authorized Version Version   

(6).Douay-Rheims Version   

(7).English Standard Version   

(cool.King James Version 

(9).New International Version   

(10)New King James Version 

(11)New Living Translation 

(12)Revised Standard Version 

(13)Today's New International Version 

(14)Young's Literal Translation 

These are all "VERSIONS" and not the True Scriptures that came down to us in HEBREW or GALILEAN (Arabic) spoken by Jesus of Galilee. Jesus did not speak "English" in his day and time. So we should teach our children and ourselves the Ancient languages of the Bible or at least get us a KEY WORD STUDY BIBLE AND A STRONG’S BIBLE DICTIONARY SO WE CAN STUDY THE TRUTH OF WHAT THE BIBLE REALLY TEACHES. JESUS SPOKE GALILEAN (ARABIC).

Much of the ministry of Jesus occurred on the shores of Lake Galilee

Mark 1: 14-5

14 "Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, 

15And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel."

and

Matthew 4:18-22 (King James Version)

18 " And Jesus, walking by the sea of Galilee, saw two brethren, Simon called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea: for they were fishers.

19 And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men."

King James used 46 Rabbis (Elders) to translate the Bible and it was put into SHAKESPEAREAN LANGUAGE. Isn’t it ironic that 46 Rabbis Translated the Bible and Psalms 46th Chapter hides Shakespeare's Signature in code?

Go to the next page and let us explain it to you in detail:

BIBLE: Psalms , Chapter 46 (King James Version)

Start -> 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

2Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed,

23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the

sea;

35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

3Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though

44 45 46 STOP

the mountains Shake [/b]with the swelling thereof. Selah.

4There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High.

5God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early.

6The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted.

7The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.

8Come, behold the works of the LORD, what desolations he

hath made in the earth.

9He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth; he

[b]STOP
46 45 44 43

breaketh the bow, and cutteth the Spear [/b]in sunder; he

42 41 40 39 38 37

burneth the chariot in the fire.

36 35 34 33 32 31 30 29 28 27 26 25 23

10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among

22 21 20 1 9 18 17 16 15 14

the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2

11The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our

refuge.ß -- Start Count Selah (PSALMS 46th Chapter, v. 1 - 11)

[b]Here you start from the bottom of the page at the end of the 46th Chapter of Psalms in your Bible and count 46 words from the end of the chapter. Remember we don’t count epithets like "SELAH" or "AMEN". You end up with SHAKESPEARE. See?

Shake+spear
Re: Shakesphear's Name In The King James Bible Spelled Backwards by pilgrim1(f): 10:24am On Jul 09, 2007
Explained already earlier: (https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-6539.0.html#msg1247821)

Psalm 46 does not indicate the theories for a William Shakespeare in the Bible.
Re: Shakesphear's Name In The King James Bible Spelled Backwards by lafile(m): 10:52am On Jul 09, 2007
Kuns:

If we go to Psalms 46 we can clearly see where William Shakespeare (William Tynsdale) left his make.

William Tyndale (ca. 1494–October 6, 1536) was a 16th century Protestant reformer and scholar who translated the Bible into the Early Modern English of his day. In 1535 Tyndale was arrested, jailed in the castle of Vilvoorde outside Brussels, Belgium for more than a year, tried for heresy and treason and then strangled and burnt at the stake in the castle's courtyard. Much of Tyndale's work eventually found its way into the King James Version (or Authorised Version) of the Bible, published in 1611, and, though nominally the work of 54 independent scholars, is based primarily on Tyndale's translations.

William Shakespeare (baptised 26 April 1564 – died 23 April 1616) was an English poet and playwright. He is widely regarded as the greatest writer of the English language and the world's pre-eminent dramatist. His surviving works include at least 38 plays (some written with collaborators) and 154 sonnets, as well as a variety of other poems. Shakespeare appears to have retired to Stratford in 1613, where he died three years later at the age of 52.

When will kuns stop feeding us with lies false information?
Re: Shakesphear's Name In The King James Bible Spelled Backwards by pilgrim1(f): 11:34am On Jul 09, 2007
lafile:

When will kuns stop feeding us with lies false information?

That's all they have. smiley
Re: Shakesphear's Name In The King James Bible Spelled Backwards by Kuns: 7:08pm On Jul 09, 2007
@All

Most of our people are ignorant has to the true origins of the scriptures called the buybill (bible). Most of the people do not even know that their churches be it the Roman Catholic or Church of England has a freemason Society.

You people should demand a right to equal information, when will our peolpe begin to wake up. This thing has gone on for far too long. You know the lies and the deception the brain dirtying of our people ,  when will you ALL begin to wake up. You are like Zombies, the living dead ,  worshipping the image of someone who does not look like you.

Some of us are truly Niggers from the word "Necro" meaning dead. For we speak not our own language "our tougue" as been cut out, we worship the images of the cau-asians (albino asians) thinking he is God.

William Shakespear was a member of the British Scottish Rites 320 freemason. Which is affiliated to the church of Satan. This is why the buybill (bible was written in Shakespearian English)!

Don't believe me, Check this things out for yourself. Do some re-search (search again).

Believe is ignorance, only the facts will mentally liberate us from mental slavery.

Another name of the devil is beliar and he gives you beliefs ,  or believe (be-lieing-to-eve) or be-lieing-to-the-descendants-of-eve which is who the negroid is. The mother and fathers of all other races.

Reverend Desmond Tutu once said, that when the Europeans told the Africans to close their eyes and pray, when the Africans opened their eyes, the land and it's resources belonged to the europeans and the Buybill (Bible - so called word of God) belonged to the Africans.

William Tynsdale is a facticious character that was created by British freemasonary (Scottish Rites 32 degrees) to deceive and confuse you just like it is doing now. They planted this information (William Tynsdale 1494–October 6, 1536) there too confuse people, the illerate public, who are easily deceived.

The reason is so you can say well tynsdale died before the buybill (bible) was written.

William Tyndale  (ca. 1494–October 6, 1536) was a 16th century Protestant reformer and scholar who translated the Bible into the Early Modern English of his day.

The bible was first published in 1611, and authorised by King James, and translated by William Shakespare in Shakespearian English. William Tyndale was simply a front for the British freemasonary who planted information in public domains to deceive the illiterate masses.

This is not something we black people are making up to mentally liberate our people, this is something that they the White people are saying.

At the end of the day, we are going to the year 2008, and your Jesus the SUN of God has not yet come back
While religious priest are still raping and molesting Children (boys and girl) daily,
and Africa is still at the bottom of the pile when it comes to world affairs.
so I have not time to SUGAR-COAT the facts, like many of these so-called believers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shakesphear's Name In The King James Bible Spelled Backwards by pilgrim1(f): 7:54pm On Jul 09, 2007
Kuns:

William Tynsdale is a facticious character that was created by British freemasonary (Scottish Rites 32 degrees) to deceive and confuse you just like it is doing now. They planted this information (William Tynsdale 1494–October 6, 1536) there too confuse people, the illerate public, who are easily deceived.

All we're asking is a clear reference for your persuasions. If there's none, it's empty.
Re: Shakesphear's Name In The King James Bible Spelled Backwards by darfur(m): 7:55pm On Jul 09, 2007
@kuns, horus and their likes

you guys are mad. confirmed. grin
we need to seriously consider a mental home for you guys  grin
Re: Shakesphear's Name In The King James Bible Spelled Backwards by darfur(m): 7:57pm On Jul 09, 2007
@'kuns and his like minded confused fellows
there is no substance whatsoever in your story grin i think you guys need to do more research to adequately substantiate your story. i wish you luck grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

THREE THINGS GOD CAN NOT DO / The Basis Of Human Morality / Home For All Spiritualist: Here We Tell U What 2 Do And Hw 2 Do It.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.