Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,370 members, 7,781,038 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:52 AM

Baba Were Don Come Again: No One Has Ever Insulted Me Like Daniel – Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Baba Were Don Come Again: No One Has Ever Insulted Me Like Daniel – Obasanjo (1085 Views)

Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. / Sarah Pane: GEJ Is The Most Insulted In The World - / Don’t Admonish Me Like A Schoolchild – Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Baba Were Don Come Again: No One Has Ever Insulted Me Like Daniel – Obasanjo by seanet03: 2:30pm On Apr 25, 2011
Former President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, on Sunday said that no one had ever insulted him like Governor Gbenga Daniel of Ogun State. Obasanjo said his experience with the governor taught him to limit his interventions in the governance of the state and would guide his relationship with any future governor of the state.

The former President spoke at the Journalists’ Estate, Arepo, Ogun State during a campaign tour he undertook on Sunday to boost the electoral chances of the governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Chief Tunji Olurin.

Obasanjo, who took questions from the members of the community and encouraged them to hold nothing back, was told by a member of the crowd that the last eight years of the party had yielded little in terms of development in most areas of the state. The questioner then asked him to give cogent reasons why they should vote for his party.

In his reply, the former President said that the two terms of Daniel had not been good enough.

He said, “I did not install Daniel. When I was President I tried as much as possible to limit my interference in the affairs of the States. I believed that I couldn’t carry elephant on my head and pick up crickets with my feet.

“When Daniel came to me and asked to go for a second term, I asked him what he had done to merit it. I told him to go and find a solution to the problems to which he promised me he would do in his second term. But his second term is worse than his first.”

He also added that former Governor of Ogun State, Chief Olusegun Osoba treated him better than Daniel did. He said the land on which he built his hilltop house and the one on which he built his Presidential Library were provided by Osoba without his seeking for it.

“I enjoyed more respect from Osoba who was not even a PDP governor than when a PDP governor is there. If a governor in my own state, in my own land, could treat me like that, I think I have learnt my lessons,” he said.

While assuring the people that the dispensation of the PDP would be different if the party won in the coming governorship election, Obasanjo advised registered citizens to vote, saying that registered voters were important parts of the electoral process.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201104255113562
Re: Baba Were Don Come Again: No One Has Ever Insulted Me Like Daniel – Obasanjo by seanet03: 2:33pm On Apr 25, 2011
Just take a look at the Bolded Parts and you will know this man has lost his "UPPER CHAMBERS"
Re: Baba Were Don Come Again: No One Has Ever Insulted Me Like Daniel – Obasanjo by Fogman(m): 3:30pm On Apr 25, 2011
Somebody should tell baba that respect is reciprocal
Re: Baba Were Don Come Again: No One Has Ever Insulted Me Like Daniel – Obasanjo by Kilode1: 3:41pm On Apr 25, 2011
seanet03:

“I enjoyed more respect from Osoba who was not even a PDP governor than when a PDP governor is there. If a governor in my own state, in my own land, could treat me like that, I think I have learnt my lessons,” he said.
undecided
Re: Baba Were Don Come Again: No One Has Ever Insulted Me Like Daniel – Obasanjo by jesus3: 4:03pm On Apr 25, 2011
seanet03:

Just take a look at the Bolded Parts and you will know this man has lost his "UPPER CHAMBERS"
what i can see is OBJ campaigning for ACN

“When Daniel came to me and asked to go for a second term, I asked him what he had done to merit it. I told him to go and find a solution to the problems to which he promised me he would do in his second term. But his second term is worse than his first.”

He also added that former Governor of Ogun State, Chief Olusegun Osoba treated him better than Daniel did. He said the land on which he built his hilltop house and the one on which he built his Presidential Library were provided by Osoba without his seeking for it.

I enjoyed more respect from Osoba who was not even a PDP governor than when a PDP governor is there. If a governor in my own state, in my own land, could treat me like that, I think I have learnt my lessons,” he said.
This is a clear way for Amosu to rule for the next 4years
Re: Baba Were Don Come Again: No One Has Ever Insulted Me Like Daniel – Obasanjo by Nobody: 4:09pm On Apr 25, 2011
politics.
Re: Baba Were Don Come Again: No One Has Ever Insulted Me Like Daniel – Obasanjo by oderemo(m): 4:12pm On Apr 25, 2011
bla bla bla . ignorance is bliss. yadayadayad. go back to your animal farm.with our stolen moni and meshionu.
abeg,
Re: Baba Were Don Come Again: No One Has Ever Insulted Me Like Daniel – Obasanjo by dayokanu(m): 6:26pm On Apr 25, 2011
Thank you Daniels for insulting the one whom the gods have cursed
Re: Baba Were Don Come Again: No One Has Ever Insulted Me Like Daniel – Obasanjo by 2mch(m): 6:41pm On Apr 25, 2011
Baba e si ma te. This is just a preview. By tomorrow Baba will be an outcast totally, and will finally te. Unborn children will hear your name and shake their head. Baba has rubbished himself and his legacy by rubbing shoulders with people to destroy his own people's future. A se se bere

(1) (Reply)

Speakership: S’south Caucus Backs South West Speaker (latest!) / Sanusi Lamido Sanusi Is A Sharia Agent - Nigerians Deserve To Know The Truth / Gaddafi Captured?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.