Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,457 members, 7,781,314 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:22 PM

Why are Amputated Limbs not healed by prosperity preachers ? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why are Amputated Limbs not healed by prosperity preachers ? (6343 Views)

Baby With Heart Condition Completely Healed. See Photos + Testimony / If My Father Is Not Healed Before This Year Ends, Then God Exist Not / Is It Impossible For God To Grow Back Amputated Limbs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why are Amputated Limbs not healed by prosperity preachers ? by JeSoul(f): 8:53pm On Apr 26, 2011
1Godfather:

I am always amused by the "Why Wont God Heal Amputees" objection by atheists. I suppose that for them to establish that God does not exist, they've imagined that all they need do is pose some challenge for God to come and meet. Mighty presumptuous of atheists, won't you say? To assume that God amounts to no more than a circus dog who is trained to jump through hoops. And so, for them, God must meet their demands or he doesn't exist.

But pray tell, if a skeptic were presented with evidence for a case of something miraculous like the miraculous disappearance of cancer against the diagnoses of qualified doctors, or even the case of some spontaneous regeneration of limbs, would that do anything in the slightest bit to compel belief in God or the supernatural from an atheist? Will it rather not be the case that the atheist would reject the evidence before his very eyes, and seek to attribute it to some natural phenomena? And furthermore, if the requested miracle ever happened, what's to stop the atheist from raising the bar? I mean, what's next, "If God exists, why not heal all amputees and not just this one?" or "If God exists, why not remove all diseases and illnesses--surely he is a good God, and why would he not do so anyway?"; or what about "If God exists, why not remove suffering completely? Is he not capable of doing so?"

Such is the inflexible nature of willful unbelief: the systematic rejection of all inferences to God or Theism turtles all the way down. There is perhaps no gain in entertaining these amusing objections. It is useful to remind these skeptics that ultimately God performs miracles only in so much as they accord with his providential sovereignty over creation, or they glorify him. Deeply dissatisfying answer to a skeptic, but unfortunately you cannot make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.
1Godfather:

Very sorry. I didn't intend for you to read my post as addressing you specifically, but in any case, since you've ventured this reply, permit me to point out something. If as you say, you are practicing Christian, then I think that your chosen method for "exposing" fraudulent prosperity preachers is self-defeating and counter-productive in the end. Do you know why? Anyone who is not a theist can as well use your very own chosen method to debunk or seemingly "expose" any and all preachers whether they are genuine or not. If the ready performance of those desired miracles is the test of authenticity, you would be unwittingly dismissing all. And what is to stop a skeptic at spontaneous limb regenerations anyway? What if they decide the test of authenticity should be resurrections (not revivifications)? Or how about "calling down fire from heaven"?
Ladies and gentlemen, here, is a poster full of wisdom. Thank you for this so so much!
Re: Why are Amputated Limbs not healed by prosperity preachers ? by justcool(m): 10:04pm On Apr 26, 2011
@OP

If by healing you mean the reappearance or regowing of amputated limbs, then that's impossible. With the human body, its impossible for amputated limbs to suddenly or even gradually reappear or regrow; such is a violation or against the laws of nature. Behind the laws of nature stands the Power and the Will of God, hence no creature can annul or violate these laws. God would not either, because God would never go against His will which He placed in nature from time immemorial. Neither did Jesus do or even attempt such a thing. God does not go against His laws, and all miracles fit perfectly within the laws of nature. The difference between a miracle and an ordinary healing is the power involved and the speed of the healing. With high spiritual power, one can achieve a healing that appears almost instantaneously.

It is possible to heal many diseases like, Cancer, aids, malaria, even mental sickness, through laying of hands and prayer; but it is impossible to heal an amputated limb.

Thanks
Re: Why are Amputated Limbs not healed by prosperity preachers ? by vedaxcool(m): 10:16pm On Apr 26, 2011
1Godfather:

I am always amused by the "Why Wont God Heal Amputees" objection by atheists. I suppose that for them to establish that God does not exist, they've imagined that all they need do is pose some challenge for God to come and meet. Mighty presumptuous of atheists, won't you say? To assume that God amounts to no more than a circus dog who is trained to jump through hoops. And so, for them, God must meet their demands or he doesn't exist.

But pray tell, if a skeptic were presented with evidence for a case of something miraculous like the miraculous disappearance of cancer against the diagnoses of qualified doctors, or even the case of some spontaneous regeneration of limbs, would that do anything in the slightest bit to compel belief in God or the supernatural from an atheist? Will it rather not be the case that the atheist would reject the evidence before his very eyes, and seek to attribute it to some natural phenomena? And furthermore, if the requested miracle ever happened, what's to stop the atheist from raising the bar? I mean, what's next, "If God exists, why not heal all amputees and not just this one?" or "If God exists, why not remove all diseases and illnesses--surely he is a good God, and why would he not do so anyway?"; or what about "If God exists, why not remove suffering completely? Is he not capable of doing so?"

Such is the inflexible nature of willful unbelief: the systematic rejection of all inferences to God or Theism turtles all the way down. There is perhaps no gain in entertaining these amusing objections. It is useful to remind these skeptics that ultimately God performs miracles only in so much as they accord with his providential sovereignty over creation, or they glorify him. Deeply dissatisfying answer to a skeptic, but unfortunately you cannot make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

Forget the atheists who prefer dribbling and fooling themselves even if the truth stairs them in the face, but u need to answer this, in my discourse with Christians they often claim that their pastor can restore a womb that has been removed, this made me asked can they replace the amputated leg of a person, the reply was no, this brings up the issue of why is it easy for the pastor to do things that he knows are the ordinary people can not easily observe, this are the issues involved, Typically Pastors play on the intelligence of their followers so much so that they believe this pastors without questions. If a Pastor can replace the womb of woman that has been remvd then it should be possible for him to replace the leg of the numerous beggers we have in the streets, yet it seems their Tricks sorry "Faith" is to weak to believe in God ability in replacing the legs, note this Pastors claim that God has all the Spear parts of the body, personally i am willing to believe God Has the power to do all things but in certain cases leaves things as they are, as the earth in Islamic belief is where we are tested, this brings the questions of miracles in religion, cases like these weakens the basis of miracles as a basis for judging a truthfulness of a religion, have you heard of Sai Baba, an indian guru who conjures up things from the air, Does this makes him from God?, therefore are i think tales in the bible where prophets are asked to perform miracles and yet they refuse to, the question arises why? Because why do you need tricks to believe in God's message. On a final note Jesus did say "AN EVIL AND ADULTROUS GENERATION SEEKETH AFTER A SIGN" YET IT SEEMS THE WHOLE OF CHRISTENDOM SEEKETH AFTER A SIGN.
Re: Why are Amputated Limbs not healed by prosperity preachers ? by Nobody: 12:30am On Apr 27, 2011
1Godfather:

1Godfather:

Very sorry. I didn't intend for you to read my post as addressing you specifically, but in any case, since you've ventured this reply, permit me to point out something. If as you say, you are practicing Christian, then I think that your chosen method for "exposing" fraudulent prosperity preachers is self-defeating and counter-productive in the end. Do you know why? Anyone who is not a theist can as well use your very own chosen method to debunk or seemingly "expose" any and all preachers whether they are genuine or not. If the ready performance of those desired miracles is the test of authenticity, you would be unwittingly dismissing all. And what is to stop a skeptic at spontaneous limb regenerations anyway? What if they decide the test of authenticity should be resurrections (not revivifications)? Or how about "calling down fire from heaven"?

I'm yet to see the supposed wisdom in these posts  . So, why not 'call down fire from heaven'? why? Is that too difficult?? What stops the poster from throwing such a challenge? This shouldn't be too much to ask, and I believe the so-called god has once accepted such (remember Elijah and the Baal Priests!). Is an atheist's raising of the bar too much job for the supposedly spirit-filled pastor? The truth is that (and this is undeniable) the shenanigans which go on at the moment present little case for conviction. They are easy to fake and are too intangible to put forward as evidence of miraculous healing. The onus lies with those who claim they preform miracles. A greater challenge should do a better job of convincing skeptics, many of whom are brave enough to change and admit their errors but only in the face of truth!
Re: Why are Amputated Limbs not healed by prosperity preachers ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:00am On Apr 27, 2011
We should be careful not to throw out the baby with the dirty water.  Let us take heed to the warning of our Lord Jesus Christ.  With God nothing is impossible.

Beware Of False Teachers

"Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own steadfastness" (II Peter 3:17).

Peter's final epistle, especially chapters 2 and 3, is the classic New Testament passage on the false teachers that would plague the church in the "last days" (3:3).  In addition to the characteristics listed in the introductory verse, 2:1 (e.g., slipping in surreptitiously heretical teachings, denying the redemptive work and Lordship of Christ), a number of their attributes are predicted for our guidance, as follows:

They will "wrest the Scriptures" (3:16), distorting their literal meaning to conform to their own philosophical preferences.  This will involve using "feigned words" (2:3)—that is, plastic words, words with devious meanings to make them say what their users wish to convey.  They may well be very eloquent and seductive in their speech, "when they speak great swelling words of vanity" (2:18).

They will deny the doctrine of special creation and the judgment of the worldwide Flood (3:5,6), teaching instead that "all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation" (3:4), and will scoff at the Second Coming.  They "despise government" and are "presumptuous" and "selfwilled . . . not afraid to speak evil of dignities" (2:10).

They both practice and defend immoral acts, "having eyes full of adultery" (2:14).  Yet they maintain their religious ties because they have hearts "exercised with covetous practices" (2:14), seeing nothing evil in taking money for personal gain from those whose faith they seek to undermine.

This is, indeed, a fitting description of many modern liberal theologians, religious bureaucrats in the big denominations, "New Age" preachers, college teachers of religion, etc.  Although this is not a pleasant subject, Christians urgently need to awaken to what is happening, and "beware!" HMM
For more . . . .
Re: Why are Amputated Limbs not healed by prosperity preachers ? by Sweetnecta: 12:07pm On Apr 27, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^ I wonder if what is immediately above is is addressing the top or a consumption for diversion from the essence of the thread?

i dont expect a miracle of limb regeneration to be the symbol of truth. Truth in its essence is consistent in maintaining its position from the moment it emerges. It has no newer version[s], or interpolation[s].

the One in Authority has 100% Authority.

when the authority is being ascribed to the wrong entity, instead of the Deity Who is the Owner of Authority, the He lets them remain in the position they place themselves as followers of the evil one; satan.

It is God if He wills that can regenerate a lost limb, etc.After all He generated the body that wasnt before. He will regenerate the body anew for Judgment Day. So a limb is not more difficult than the regeneration of the whole body that will take place in the future.

God Almighty has assigned time and place and reason for each thing to happen.

Prophets and their miracles were so performed because God performed them through them, the reason Jesus said he was unable to do anything of his own power. It simple means however you look at it, I Jesus is powerless.

What we should be seeking is the Truth. If you are on it, congrats. My your feet be firm on it.

If you are not, may God open your heart to itso that you accept before you die.

There is no truth that cant be proven. This is the reason that blind faith is untruth.
Re: Why are Amputated Limbs not healed by prosperity preachers ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:47pm On Apr 27, 2011
mabell:

from image 123

"Re: Pastor W.F. Kumuyi @ God Embassy's 17th Anniversary in Ukraine
« #20 on: Today at 01:29:57 AM » 

Wow, these are gladdening news, both of pastor adelaja and of the healings. Who says God does not heal amputees. Is that an 'amputated eye' healed in 2011 in europe? even in the grave, Jesus is Lord. Alleluia "

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-647876.0.html

What would the OP say about the "amputated" eye that was healed here?  One of his eyes was replaced with an prosthetic eye and after prayers the guy started seeing through the prosthetic eye.  When this was checked up by an eye Doctor so as to remove the prosthetic eye they found out that they could not remove it because nerves had grown through it.
Re: Why are Amputated Limbs not healed by prosperity preachers ? by Joagbaje(m): 1:01pm On Apr 27, 2011
^^^^^

The guy has made his intention clear, he is not after proof for miracles to glorify christ. He is out to kill people's faith in the power of the name of Jesus . That sounds like an anti christ to me. See his response in another thread.

From Earswide

Where is my 'hyprocrisy' ? I am not asking for proof so I can believe the miracle - I am asking for proof because I know it is a lie and I want to expose it
Re: Why are Amputated Limbs not healed by prosperity preachers ? by mnwankwo(m): 2:40pm On Apr 27, 2011
My view is that atheists, theists, agnostics and skeptics are justified in seeking for evidence with respect to claims of miracles. The "stomach of a pregnant woman cannot be hidden with a kalabash or over-wrapped with cloth". It is is the same for genuine miracles of healing. If it really happened, then the evidence is there for all to see. If it did not happen, then, no evidence will ever be found even if you set up a scientific committee made up of Nobel laureates in Medicine. And when there are no evidence, claimants of miracles and their followers will invent and re-invent different rationalizations to justify the absence of evidence.

Certain things we think are possible by the power of God are indeed impossible while some things science think are impossible are indeed possible with the power of God. To experience and learn about the various possibilities and impossibilities concerning the various creations of God is the responsibility of any soul who wants to stand consciously in the power of God. Without this, such a soul will pray for things that are impossible and it will never come to pass. It is intellectually comforting to believe that God can do anything in so far as he wills, but the truth is that God can only do those things that are in sync with his will. Looked from below, that is the earth, it appears as limitation, but viewed from above, it is a sign of omniscience.

The more we search for evidence with regard to these miracles, the more we learn or rather experience the working of the laws of God. The only difference between a genuine miracle and tales by the moonlight is the robust evidence provided in case of the former. No medical doctor will claim to have cured a patient of pancreatic cancer without providing the evidence for independent confirmation of his claims. Healing miracles by faith healers or any person who claims to be blessed by the power of God should not be treated  differently.  Best Wishes.
Re: Why are Amputated Limbs not healed by prosperity preachers ? by EarsWide(m): 3:48pm On Apr 27, 2011
@m_nwankwo

Well said!

@Mr Jo
I am not out to kill peoples faith - I am out to expose 419 charlatans like Jerry curls Oyaks, Ashimodollar, Oyede4planes and co. There are many genuine pastors out there - but these ones and many more are frauds.
Re: Why are Amputated Limbs not healed by prosperity preachers ? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:40pm On Apr 27, 2011
Sweetnecta:

^^^^^^^^^^^ I wonder if what is immediately above is is addressing the top or a consumption for diversion from the essence of the thread?

i dont expect a miracle of limb regeneration to be the symbol of truth. Truth in its essence is consistent in maintaining its position from the moment it emerges. It has no newer version[s], or interpolation[s].

the One in Authority has 100% Authority.

when the authority is being ascribed to the wrong entity, instead of the Deity Who is the Owner of Authority, the He lets them remain in the position they place themselves as followers of the evil one; satan.

It is God if He wills that can regenerate a lost limb, etc.After all He generated the body that wasnt before. He will regenerate the body anew for Judgment Day. So a limb is not more difficult than the regeneration of the whole body that will take place in the future.

God Almighty has assigned time and place and reason for each thing to happen.

Prophets and their miracles were so performed because God performed them through them, the reason Jesus said he was unable to do anything of his own power. It simple means however you look at it, I Jesus is powerless.

What we should be seeking is the Truth. If you are on it, congrats. My your feet be firm on it.

If you are not, may God open your heart to it so that you accept before you die.

There is no truth that cant be proven. This is the reason that blind faith is untruth.

Why are you catching a bird before it perches. - allow Mr. Olaagbegu to at least follow-up with a cartoon post wink As you pointed out,No Miracle happens without the Authority and Power of God. even if amputated limbs were to miraculously appear on one seeking healing, it still would not make anyone believe when bringing the dead to life did not
Re: Why are Amputated Limbs not healed by prosperity preachers ? by newmi(m): 6:55pm On Apr 27, 2011
This thread does not deserve the contributions of productive minds who know the value time because this is only a recycled topic one that has been sufficiently discussed and "agued" previously.
If the author is experiencing a drought of inspiration perhaps he should wait for others to initiate topics then let him send his post. Gbam
Re: Why are Amputated Limbs not healed by prosperity preachers ? by newmi(m): 7:20pm On Apr 27, 2011
This thread does not deserve the contributions of productive minds who know the value time because this is only a recycled topic one that has been sufficiently discussed and "agued" previously.
If the author is experiencing a drought of inspiration perhaps he should wait for others to initiate topics then let him send his post. Gbam
Re: Why are Amputated Limbs not healed by prosperity preachers ? by EarsWide(m): 11:25pm On Apr 27, 2011
@Newmi

I cant remember anyone inviting you to comment - it is not by force! grin grin grin
Re: Why are Amputated Limbs not healed by prosperity preachers ? by newmi(m): 8:12am On Apr 28, 2011
EarsWide:

@Newmi

I cant remember anyone inviting you to comment - it is not by force! grin grin grin
You know don't need any invitation to bear my thoughts am just not comfortable with the idea of recycling topics but be that as it may though what do you make of the links provided by Mabell and OLAADEGBU
Re: Why are Amputated Limbs not healed by prosperity preachers ? by EarsWide(m): 8:41am On Apr 28, 2011
@Newmi

what links ?
Re: Why are Amputated Limbs not healed by prosperity preachers ? by harakiri(m): 9:38am On Apr 28, 2011
I don't know about amputated limbs but i know about severed by body parts in the book of fables called the bible e.g the biblical Jesus restored a soldier's ear that had been cut off by Peter's sword. I wonder what Mr Joseph Agbaje a.k.a Joagbaje has to say about that!
Re: Why are Amputated Limbs not healed by prosperity preachers ? by newmi(m): 10:18am On Apr 28, 2011
. . .
Re: Why are Amputated Limbs not healed by prosperity preachers ? by EarsWide(m): 10:55am On Apr 28, 2011
@Newmi

Yoiu are just proving my point - the leg has NOT been ampuated - so this video could have been easily edited with photoshop.

It is more difficult to fake a video where the leg has been amputated.

These fake preachers use technology to deceive people - please guys open your eyes!!
Re: Why are Amputated Limbs not healed by prosperity preachers ? by newmi(m): 11:33am On Apr 28, 2011
@ EarsWide
Perhaps you missed this, a testimony of a guy with one of his eyes replaced with an prosthetic eye and after prayers the guy started seeing through the prosthetic eye.  When this was checked up by an eye Doctor so as to remove the prosthetic eye they found out that they could not remove it because nerves had grown through it. Here we have a scenerio where his natural eye was replaced in which case if it were an arm we would say it was armputated but it miraculously got healed after prayers

from image 123

"Wow, these are gladdening news, both of pastor adelaja and of the healings. Who says God does not heal amputees. Is that an 'amputated eye' healed in 2011 in europe? even in the grave, Jesus is Lord. Alleluia "

so whats is your take on this
Re: Why are Amputated Limbs not healed by prosperity preachers ? by EarsWide(m): 11:49am On Apr 28, 2011
@Newmi

You said
Perhaps you missed this, a testimony of a guy with one of his eyes replaced with an prosthetic eye and after prayers the guy started seeing through the prosthetic eye.  When this was checked up by an eye Doctor so as to remove the prosthetic eye they found out that they could not remove it because nerves had grown through it

OK lets think this through logically - if the above was true, do you not think the 'eye doctor' would have published this incredible occurence in some scientific journal - why would he keep quiet about something as monumental as that. I have done a search (online) everywhere - there is no such recorded occurrence.

Also why would the 'eye doctor' want to remove the prosthetic eye that was 'working' - more importantly why would the patient want him to do this (remove a working eye) Come on guys, lets use the brains God has given us.

There is in fact scientific research going on in this area - where doctors are attempting to stimulate the optic nerves - so any thing as profound as you are claiming would have been announced to the world (if it was true)

I am 110% sure you guys cannot come up with a name of either the patient or the eye doctor!
Re: Why are Amputated Limbs not healed by prosperity preachers ? by EarsWide(m): 2:48pm On Apr 28, 2011
@Newmi

I am still waiting for details on the patient and the eye doctor

I really dont get why you guys that are prepared to accept the lies perpetuated by these 419 charlatans. Miracles do occur everyday and if they are genuine there is normally a doctor somewhere who is prepared to go on record and say something like ' I cant explain why his condition changed' or something similar. With these charlatans however you never get real doctors who can even say the people were their patients.

It is very simple really - lying about miracles or even keeping quiet about questionable miracles does not further the gospel in any way - God does not need us to lie or support lies for his message to be heard.
Re: Why are Amputated Limbs not healed by prosperity preachers ? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Apr 28, 2011
newmi:

@ EarsWide
Perhaps you missed this, a testimony of a guy with one of his eyes replaced with an prosthetic eye and after prayers the guy started seeing through the prosthetic eye.  When this was checked up by an eye Doctor so as to remove the prosthetic eye they found out that they could not remove it because nerves had grown through it. Here we have a scenerio where his natural eye was replaced in which case if it were an arm we would say it was armputated but it miraculously got healed after prayers

from image 123

"Wow, these are gladdening news, both of pastor adelaja and of the healings. Who says God does not heal amputees. Is that an 'amputated eye' healed in 2011 in europe? even in the grave, Jesus is Lord. Alleluia "

so whats is your take on this

Really? You are kidding me. grin
Re: Why are Amputated Limbs not healed by prosperity preachers ? by Joagbaje(m): 4:23pm On Apr 28, 2011
@newmi
Why bother with this Nairaland clown. More people are getting to see his folly. A sensible man would have at least watched the video first. But a fools mouth run faster than his brain grin.

Proverbs 29:20
20 Seest thou a man that is hasty in his words? there is more hope of a fool than of him.
Re: Why are Amputated Limbs not healed by prosperity preachers ? by ayoade2: 4:45pm On Apr 28, 2011
While I do not dispute the fact that there are businessmen who called themselves preachers and brings shame and disrespute to the holy name of God, whose judgment is already decided by God, miracles and healings still happens today in the name of Jesus. Jesus healed the amputated in the bible as against what someone opined. If any amputee believe God for healing, if he believes, even without the help of any man of God, Jesus will make a new limb grow again. That's why he is a miracle worker

MATTHEW 15:30 NKJ  Then great multitudes came to Him, having with them those who were lame, blind, mute, maimed, and many others; and they laid them down at Jesus' feet, and He healed them.

maimed here means amputated, disfigured e.t.c.

John 20: 30- 31 says Jesus did many other miraculous signs in the presence of his disciples, which are not recorded in this book. But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

He can do the same today if we believe and not doubt. Hebrew 13.8 Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, today, and forever

I will encourage you to give your life to Christ and you will see and do greater things in Jesus name.
Re: Why are Amputated Limbs not healed by prosperity preachers ? by Joagbaje(m): 5:10pm On Apr 28, 2011
^^^^^
I'm sure you're making reference to my post. To be maimed means to be severly wounded . It doesn't mean amputation in the sense on this senseless thread. But I am not  by any means saying Jesus could not have caused new hand to grow or new legs to grow. If he could raise a stinking dead man , he could do any miracle. I was only trying to bring out the foolishness of such posts.

My point if you observed was that an amputee does not need healing. He needs a creative miracle. And we have several men of God who had been used to perform creative miracles. Fingers growing out. New eyeball growing out of the socket. Such miracles was recorded in the life of people like William  During Good Friday miracle crusade with Pastor Chris few years ago. There was a special anointing in that meeting that caused short legs to grow out. When such people were called for prayers, some had to leave their shoes behind because they were wearing special shoes. One shorter than the other to balance their steps,  It is called creative miracle and not healing. So the construction was wrong . That was my point .
Re: Why are Amputated Limbs not healed by prosperity preachers ? by mabell: 5:31pm On Apr 28, 2011
EarsWide:

@Newmi
I really dont get why you guys that are prepared to accept the lies perpetuated by these 419 charlatans. Miracles do occur everyday and if they are genuine there is normally a doctor somewhere who is prepared to go on record and say something like ' I cant explain why his condition changed' or something similar. With these charlatans however you never get real doctors who can even say the people were their patients.

It is very simple really - lying about miracles or even keeping quiet about questionable miracles does not further the gospel in any way - God does not need us to lie or support lies for his message to be heard.

You say God, do you believe in the existence of God
or are you like simon in the bible, doing your own thing and making yourself vunerable to the devil

31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat:
32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.
Luke 22:31&32
Re: Why are Amputated Limbs not healed by prosperity preachers ? by EarsWide(m): 11:11pm On Apr 28, 2011
@Mabell

I believe in God and I am a practising christian - but that does not mean I will buy the crap these frauds are selling.

@Newmi

I asked you for more information on the guy with the eye - where is his doctor ? Nerves growing into an artificial eye If it were real it would be in all the science journals!!!
Re: Why are Amputated Limbs not healed by prosperity preachers ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:31pm On Apr 28, 2011
EarsWide:

@Mabell

I believe in God and I am a practising christian - but that does not mean I will buy the crap these frauds are selling.

@Newmi

I asked you for more information on the guy with the eye - where is his doctor ? Nerves growing into an artificial eye If it were real it would be in all the science journals!!!

Are you kidding? So, if you don't see the information on google or in the science journals you will not believe? I don't know of Africa but in Europe if as a Medical Doctor you take such testimony to be scientifically reviewed you should expect to lose your license to practice. Science cannot explain supernatural phenomenom.

If you believe that with God all things are possible then you should not talk like Thomas, that until you see the scientific evidence you will not believe. Even though Thomas saw and touched the evidence Jesus said those who believe and have not seen are more blessed. We walk by faith and not by sight. It is because of this kind of unbelief that Jesus could not perform lots of miracles at His home turf. The counterfeit you see around are the evidence that their is the original somewhere. You cannot say because there is counterfeit money and then conclude that there is nothing like original.
Re: Why are Amputated Limbs not healed by prosperity preachers ? by EarsWide(m): 12:26am On Apr 29, 2011
@OLAADEGBU

Before I make my point let me be clear - I am a practising christian and I believe in miracles - but there are so many frauds out there, I refuse to believe when pastors stand up on stage and talk about what miracles they have performed in the past. It sounds like marketing.

I will try to explain my position one more time:

Lets assume you are a doctor, and you fit someone with an prothestic eye (which is purely decorative in function) and the patient comes back to you and says he can now see with the artificial eye. Your first reaction will NOT be to try and remove the eye:
1) Why would you try to remove a working eye ?
2) The patient who got the miracle would NEVER allow you to remove it - after all the artificial eye has just been miraculously transformed into a working eye.

Assuming that the you as the doctor and  the patient nevertheless decide you want to remove the eye, you then find that nerves have grown into the artifical eye - why would you not inform all your colleagues about these great occurrence. Development occurs in developed country because people do research into things - any serious doctor will publish this information and research would be carried out to see if other people with similar problems can be helped. A serious doctor will NEVER keep quiet about something like this - why would he ??

We need to get past this stuff about buying the crap told on stage by pastors - dont you ever wonder why Pastors feel the need to tell you about the miracles they have performed ? It is all a marketing ploy to get you hooked. Upwards of 95% of the prosperity pastors are frauds and they will say and do anything for financial gain.
Re: Why are Amputated Limbs not healed by prosperity preachers ? by Andrearose(f): 10:13pm On May 05, 2011
Well, I knew a man once who was healed of terminal spinal cancer with weeks to live. And the doctor did record it on his medical records as an act of faith, and he did say that he had known this sort of thing to happen before.
Re: Why are Amputated Limbs not healed by prosperity preachers ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:31pm On May 05, 2011
@EarsWide,

Since the Doctor didn't publish the information in the medical journal you find it difficult to believe that it actually happened. Do you believe that OBL was actually killed since there are no pictorial evidence presented?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

New Year's 2020, & Of Course Has 20 Repeating Itself, but Why? Happy 2020 Y'all. / Is Church Attendance Required To Call Yourself A Christian? / A Discussion On God And Consciousness Between An Atheist And A Pantheist.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.