Nairaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / Login / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 1213822 members, 1574282 topics. Date: Friday, 01 August 2014 at 12:55 PM

Us Embassy Lagos Visa Appointment - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Us Embassy Lagos Visa Appointment (41736 Views)

Please Help! I Need A Us Visa Appointment Date Asap! / Italian Embassy Lagos Is The Most Corrupt Embassy In The World / How Do You Get A Visa Appointment @ Austrian Embassy? (1) (2) (3) (4)

(0) (1) (Go Down)

Us Embassy Lagos Visa Appointment by ayinba1(f): 5:42pm On Jul 11, 2007
Can anyone tell me what is going on att the US embassy? It seems impossible to fix an appointment using the online system. has it become like everything else in Nigeria? Bribing.

Please kindly post if you know how people get their appointment dates currently
Re: Us Embassy Lagos Visa Appointment by dafman(m): 2:59pm On Jul 13, 2007
Freewilly:

How can you book an appointment for her, are you a Consolata officer
I tire for the guy oh.

@ayinba 1
making an online appointment is not possible for now because of the large number of student visa applicants this period, the embassy gave out an e-mail address that you can send requests to for visa appointments ( it's mainly for student visa applicants, I don't know if other categories of applicants can make use of it too)
Re: Us Embassy Lagos Visa Appointment by ayinba1(f): 5:39pm On Jul 13, 2007
Thanks for all ur responses. I have actually been checking since aroung March this year. I'll contact vivko?? you never know
Re: Us Embassy Lagos Visa Appointment by Goshen360(m): 4:28pm On Apr 24, 2008
ayinba1:

Can anyone tell me what is going on att the US embassy? It seems impossible to fix an appointment using the online system. has it become like everything else in Nigeria? Bribing.

Please kindly post if you know how people get their appointment dates currently

Its easy making US appointment on the website. All you need is to be informed and be at aleart. Its usually opened for appointments on mondays, i guess between 10am - 11am, you have to be on the net to observe the site and get ready for the appointement. Its only opened for just 30mins, am sure. Every other time, the appointment system is closed. However, you can also check abuja consular, sometimes they open and close the appointment system.

The only group given opportunities are the student visa group that will just send mail to the consular office and they will be given a date to come for their interview.

I hope this piece of information helps. Good luck. Incase you need more assistance, please contact me, i will be of assistance for free. goshen360@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Us Embassy Lagos Visa Appointment by sswhy01: 8:39pm On Apr 25, 2008
Goshen,
Just curious,do you know how many days notice the consular gives if you email for appt as per student visa thing?.I know someone that needs to appear very soon as the school resumes for summer semester next month.Thanx
Re: Us Embassy Lagos Visa Appointment by Goshen360(m): 4:22pm On Apr 28, 2008
sswhy01:

Goshen,
Just curious,do you know how many days notice the consular gives if you email for appt as per student visa thing?.I know someone that needs to appear very soon as the school resumes for summer semester next month.Thanx

There is no specific notification peroid before you are called for student visa interview. They know when you are to resume after they have tracked your I-20 form online or by calling the school. You will definitely be called for interview before your I-20 expires. However, make sure you have paid your SEVIS  fee ooooo and also, if you are going in for undergraduate, make sure you have your toefl/sat and if going for postgraduate, make sure you have gmat.

God help you all. Am here to give more advice and free details to questions you will be asked at the interview for student visa at the US embassy for free of charge, just give a call and i will communicate. email me on goshen360@yahoo.co.uk

Best of Luck.
Re: Us Embassy Lagos Visa Appointment by princeonx: 8:29pm On May 01, 2008
cool
Re: Us Embassy Lagos Visa Appointment by obitobe: 12:31pm On May 02, 2008
goshen please can you tell how i will go about paying for my SEVIS fee, what email address do the US embassy issue out so that i can equal apply for an interview date.thank you
Re: Us Embassy Lagos Visa Appointment by Goshen360(m): 6:25pm On May 03, 2008
obitobe:

goshen please can you tell how i will go about paying for my SEVIS fee, what email address do the US embassy issue out so that i can equal apply for an interview date.thank you

The site to pay your sevis fee online with credit card is www.fmjfee.com

please follow this link for the student appointment at the US embassy:

http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/student_visas.html

In Lagos: Student visa applicants in the Lagos consular district may schedule an interview by e-mailing lagoscons2@state.gov and requesting an appointment date. The student will receive an appointment date by return email. (Please see Consulate General Lagos Consular web page for more information on student visas.)

In Abuja: Step One: Effective June 27, 2007, student visa applicants applying in the Abuja consular district may request an interview appointment by sending an email to AbujaStudentVisas@state.gov. The email must include: (1) the student’s name as it appears in their passport and (2) the SEVIS number (found in the upper right-hand corner of the I-20 form begins with an “N”). No other information is required in the email.

Thank and good luck
Re: Us Embassy Lagos Visa Appointment by uslomonlo: 7:10pm On May 05, 2008
goshen,
can i use my master debit card to pay my sevis fees from nigeria?

Is there a website where i can get the different prices of air ticket fees of different airlines to the US?

if no kindly let me know how much i'll get the ticket.my destination is Tulsa international airport.

Thank you in advance
Re: Us Embassy Lagos Visa Appointment by Goshen360(m): 10:25am On May 06, 2008
uslomonlo:

goshen,
can i use my master debit card to pay my sevis fees from nigeria?

Is there a website where i can get the different prices of air ticket fees of different airlines to the US?

if no kindly let me know how much i'll get the ticket.my destination is Tulsa international airport.

Thank you in advance

Let no one say he/she is travelling to the united states without first obtaining a visa. You can pay your sevis fee online with your master card but preferably if you have someone there to pay for you, its beta that way cos paying from here will definitely take processing but someone paying from the states will be confirmed immediately. which ever way, just pay your sevis fee b4 attending interview and pls make sure to contact me after all is ready b4 you attend your interview for sure interview questions that will be asked, contact: goshen360@yahoo.co.uk

Good luck
Re: Us Embassy Lagos Visa Appointment by akannidvd: 6:09pm On May 20, 2008
Its quite simple, pay your u.b.a visa fees, fill the ds 156 form on the embassy website and print it out. all u need is d barcode number and your u.b.a receipt number. d embassy opens new available interview slots every monday, as of last week thursday when i checked, all dates in june were free. keep checkin and u'll get a date.
Re: Us Embassy Lagos Visa Appointment by cutey23: 6:31pm On Jun 28, 2008
i'm also having trouble booking an appointment cuz all the dates are booked till august!!!!! what do i do cuz my annual leave is in july,
Re: Us Embassy Lagos Visa Appointment by Ilelobola: 8:54pm On Aug 07, 2008
After waiting a year for an appointment, my dad had to pay someone to get him one with the US embassy as his old visa was nearing a year or so since it expired and it would have meant he couldn't use the drop box service. Surely the US embassy can't feign ignorance of this and how can they open their appointment system for an hour a day, ridiculous!
Re: Us Embassy Lagos Visa Appointment by Ilelobola: 8:56pm On Aug 07, 2008
After waiting a year for an appointment, my dad had to pay someone to get him one with the US embassy as his old visa was nearing a year or so since it expired and it would have meant he couldn't use the drop box service. Surely the US embassy can't feign ignorance of this and how can they open their appointment system for an hour a day, ridiculous!
Re: Us Embassy Lagos Visa Appointment by owo2000: 1:14pm On Aug 30, 2008
[usvisa@state.govail] Please lets all send e-mails to the dept. of state. I have tried to setup an appointment date for a family, all the dates are blocked out. We cant always be too passive, lets speak out

This is really ridiculous and disgraceful.
Re: Us Embassy Lagos Visa Appointment by ozhina: 4:42pm On Sep 23, 2008
I was scheduled to attend a program in Febuary, 2009, Due to the scarcity of visa appiontment date, Can I apply for a visa in October?? What do you think, Pls advice,
Re: Us Embassy Lagos Visa Appointment by AMIGO112(m): 5:45pm On Sep 23, 2008
i have a couple of questions.

1. which of the US embassies is easier to book a student visa appointment?

2. My SEVIS states that i will take up an English course when i come over.What do you think of this?
Re: Us Embassy Lagos Visa Appointment by ozhina: 7:28pm On Sep 23, 2008
Please can someone get me cheap school in USA? I will be so glad if you can help me.
Re: Us Embassy Lagos Visa Appointment by ozhina: 6:46am On Sep 24, 2008
Please can someone get me cheap school in USA or CANADA? I will be so glad if you can help me.
Re: Us Embassy Lagos Visa Appointment by lekoso56: 12:36pm On Oct 05, 2008
pls b updated my new nos is 07026870303.feel free to call me.appiontment made easy.lekoso56@gmail.com.
Re: Us Embassy Lagos Visa Appointment by dili4sure: 7:27pm On Oct 24, 2008
LADIES & GENTLE NIGERIANS , THIS IS A PUBLIC ALERT, ABOUT LEKAN aka lekoso56 .HE IS A FRAUD AND DOES NOT DELIVER ON ANY OTHER APPOINTMENT (US CONSULATE) APART FROM THE FIRST ONE HE BOOKS FOR U SO YOU CAN FALL MUGU.PLS HOLD ON TO YOUR HARD EARN MONEY .HE WILL CHANGE HIS NUMBER AND EMAIL ADDRESS ( former =lekoso56@yahoo.com )and now(new= lekoso56@gmail) and phone number (old number =08027800572) and (new =07026870303)
PLS BE WARNED HE DUPED ME OF MONEY

DILI4SURE
Re: Us Embassy Lagos Visa Appointment by kobay19: 3:37pm On Oct 25, 2008
pls also be aware of a female barrister called yemisi omotayo of l'advocate chambers in jibowu, she is a fraudster oooo
Re: Us Embassy Lagos Visa Appointment by 1luvkipsus: 8:41pm On Oct 25, 2008
goshen,
Do you know the air fare from Houston, Texas to Abuja Nigeria?
Re: Us Embassy Lagos Visa Appointment by mafiaguy: 3:39am On Oct 26, 2008
Do not deceive yourselves, Appointments has been booked both in abuja and in lagos from last year til next year, I think its an inside that could get you appointments with of course cash,
Re: Us Embassy Lagos Visa Appointment by bilms(m): 10:44am On Oct 27, 2008
although it looks lyk all the dates has been booked, but u can still get the appointment if u can pay some people. there is a guy i no that does it, just tell him any date u need, he will get it for u, even if u want next week. he did it for my uncle when his travelling.

so if u need him i can give u his numba. just tell him abuja or lagos and he will get it for u.
Re: Us Embassy Lagos Visa Appointment by lekoso56: 12:07pm On Oct 28, 2008
people can always say what they wanna say.no matter how good u are.people will always criticise u.pple coming new to the site that sees that have always wins the heart of everybody!want to just spoil my name.God will rewards them only if have ever play fast on any1.anyways i just bought my new car.nairaland i thank u.my still using my mails and my nos the celtel line got spoit.i have to compliment it with a visaphone now that is back am still using it.yahoo mails is smhow bad now does nt attach mails.i have to open a gmail.anyway my works will speaks 4 me.pple know the next thing 4 me is to build house!they want to spiol the dreams.i will always b a winner 4 those that trust the lord.still finding appiontment difficult call me 08027800572,08026870303.lekoso56@yahoo.com,lekoso56@gmail.com.very valid.i awaits ur callls.thanks.still myself lekoso.
Re: Us Embassy Lagos Visa Appointment by vikiviko(m): 1:09pm On Oct 29, 2008
PRESS RELEASES
U.S. Mission to Nigeria Announces New Appointment System
October 28, 2008

The U.S. Mission to Nigeria is pleased to announce improvements in the processing of nonimmigrant visa applications. Beginning October 29, 2008, the U.S. Embassy in Abuja and the U.S. Consulate General in Lagos will partner with VFS Global in a program that we are confident will provide more convenient, secure, and user-friendly services to those applying for U.S. visas in Abuja and Lagos. Once this system is operational on October 29, 2008, current procedures to make appointments and pick up passports will no longer be operational.

Benefits of this partnership include:

A user-friendly and secure on-line way to make visa appointments;
A call center to answer applicants’ questions about booking appointments and the visa application process;
A downtown location and expanded hours in both cities for visa pick-up.
In accordance with similar programs at other U.S. missions, VFS will charge a fee of N3500 for these services. This is in addition to existing visa application charges of $131. Both fees can be paid in cash or with debit or credit cards at any UBA Bank branch.

This new system will allow more people to book appointments and complete applications themselves—and NOT have to pay costly fees to anyone else to do this for them. By giving each applicant booking an appointment a secure and unique receipt number that is valid for one year from the date of purchase, the new system will increase transparency and open up more slots for legitimate visa applicants and eliminate the need for visa brokers.

Since demand for visa interview appointments remains high, it is essential that visa applicants apply early – we recommend that you make your appointment as soon as you know when you plan to travel. Under the new system, applicants have the opportunity to reschedule appointments twice, then must wait 60 days for the receipt number to be reactivated in order to reschedule again. You may reschedule your appointment as many times as possible for free within the year-long validity of your receipt number. Applicants who fail to appear for their appointment without cancelling it before the appointment date will be required to re-pay the VFS fee of N3500 to secure a new appointment slot.

Effective October 29, 2008, detailed instructions on the new appointment request process will be available at: http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/. To make an appointment beginning October 29, 2008, go to the VFS website at www.usa-vfsglobal-ng.com. For questions about the visa application process, contact the VFS nationwide call center at 01-463-1363 or on-line at infousnigeria@vfshelpline.com.

Please note: if you already have a scheduled visa appointment prior to October 29, 2008, there is no need to make a new appointment under this new system. Appointments made prior to October 29, 2008, remain valid.
Re: Us Embassy Lagos Visa Appointment by henryalao: 11:12pm On Oct 29, 2008
pls can anybody tell me what to do again about an interview appointment booking because i`ve tried so many sites but all my efforts to book prove abortive and the latest thing i was told in the last site i visited this night was to go and pay a sum of 3,500 to UBA but to pay the money is not the problem but after i might`ve paid what next should i do?should i go to the embassy with the receipt or the receipt number or what?pls bail me out am getting confused.
pls reply this via my mail box, henryalao@yahoo.com
Re: Us Embassy Lagos Visa Appointment by lekoso56: 11:34am On Nov 07, 2008
people have been askng me,lekan with d new introduction of vfs dat i should say smthng to it.am aware us now use vfs.u can book appiontment without payng the visa fees.u just have to pay the vfs fee which is 3.500 naira.that all u need to book appiontment.still in doubt find out more.my email is lekoso56@yahoo.com,lekoso56@gmail.com. my nos is 08027800572,07026870303.hopng to hear from u soon.
Re: Us Embassy Lagos Visa Appointment by badgal: 9:01am On Nov 09, 2008
plz what are d requiring i need 2 go to the us embassy.i want 2 go and visit my uncle
Re: Us Embassy Lagos Visa Appointment by lekoso56: 11:59am On Dec 23, 2008
As d year is roundng up.i wish everybody merry xmas and happy new year in advance.i pray d comng year brings joy to every1 hearts.wht a gd year 2008 4 me(lol).i appreciate all calls have received.i guess i gave solution to every1 hearts.also 4 those i have short comngs off.i but applogise man cant just satify everybody.i try my best possible in satisfyng every1.i love u and wish u all d best.pls send my meat(lol).lekoso56@yahoo.com,08027800572,07026870303.i still remain my humble self. grin

(0) (1)

Beautiful Calabar In Pictures / Crashed Plane Carrying Agagu's Remains (Video) / Share Your Testimony Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2014 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See Nairalist and How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.