Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:34 PM

2006 Grammy Awards - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 2006 Grammy Awards (3629 Views)

CBS Warns Grammy Attendees To Cover Up Private Parts / The 54th Grammy Awards 2012 / 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2006 Grammy Awards by hotangel2(f): 2:05am On Feb 09, 2006
Anyone watching it? I'm watching it now.

Well after the night, y'all can tell your best performance and discuss the Award show on here.

I just finished the GREEN carpet thing on E!. Ciara is looking so gorgeous.. and TERI HATCHER?? Chei that woman. cheesy cheesy
Re: 2006 Grammy Awards by Eastcoast(f): 4:11am On Feb 09, 2006
who said ciara isn't pretty, that person must be nuts. damn. damn. i was kinda screaming when i saw her on stage. i tuned in late. i'm watching it on cbs. wow. i liked the performance. she should keep wearing her hair black. wow. she is soo soo cute. * i'm not gay plz* but i'm blown away. for once she is outstanding, gorgeous.
Re: 2006 Grammy Awards by Eastcoast(f): 4:16am On Feb 09, 2006
wow....jay z is good ooo. he is kool in his white suit on stage.
Re: 2006 Grammy Awards by Eastcoast(f): 4:43am On Feb 09, 2006
i did not enjoy kanye and jamie foxx performance. i think the marching band thingy is a no no. ever since gwen stephani did the band thing every one is doing it too.  cry
Re: 2006 Grammy Awards by disney(f): 5:00am On Feb 09, 2006
@hotangel

Am watching it too, l think ciara should leave her hair black , that blonde thing doesn' t fit her one bit, she was looking really sexy as hell.

wow, loving mariah too, she so hot as hell

what happened to "destiny child" michelle, its like she lost some weight or annerexia, she looked ill or something and not sexy

the show is fun all along grin
Re: 2006 Grammy Awards by Nobody: 5:03am On Feb 09, 2006
i missed it , was O there?
Re: 2006 Grammy Awards by icingbaby(f): 5:32am On Feb 09, 2006
I'm still watching it, i love Kanya west performans it was good the steppingteam, the band thing going on it was on point, mariah was good too and Alicia keys lost some weight and she look good.
Re: 2006 Grammy Awards by Shadiat(f): 5:59am On Feb 09, 2006
Kanye was lookin oo soo krispy... DeRay was straight clowning.. grin...Jay-Z was lookin FLY....Grammy was kinda boring tho..I was flippin thru it to watch American Idol
Re: 2006 Grammy Awards by oyeleke(f): 11:14am On Feb 09, 2006
Everything on The Grammy Awards and possibly celebrities should be written here. I'm sorry that i could write some myself but as time go on i'll put something down. Thanks cheesy
Re: 2006 Grammy Awards by Eastcoast(f): 12:05pm On Feb 09, 2006
i agree with shadiat, it was kinda boring. i liked madonna's performance. it was ok. the dancers were kool
Re: 2006 Grammy Awards by Eastcoast(f): 12:24pm On Feb 09, 2006
sorry but i think there is a thread just like this. it is in music/radio and the subject is 2006 grammy
Re: 2006 Grammy Awards by mizkay(f): 3:10pm On Feb 09, 2006
and the americans have come crawling out of their holes hehehe.....God knows what you guys are talking about. I love the grammys but not everyone will have the opportunity to watch it prime - time, which makes this thread a bit one-sided I'm afraid. But heck, carry on guys, did I pass through here at all? naaahhhh grin
Re: 2006 Grammy Awards by luridguy(m): 3:36pm On Feb 09, 2006
certainly not the best grammy i have seen go kanye was still the best yet u2 did well he had five nominations i think?

Winners at Wednesday's 48th Annual Grammy Awards:

Album of the Year: "How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb," U2.

Record of the Year: "Boulevard of Broken Dreams," Green Day.

New Artist: John Legend.

Male R&B Vocal Performance: "Ordinary People," John Legend.

Pop Vocal Album: "Breakaway," Kelly Clarkson.

Rap/Sung Collaboration: "Numb/Encore," Jay-Z featuring Linkin Park.

Song of the Year: "Sometimes You Can't Make It on Your Own," U2.

Female Pop Vocal Performance: "Since U Been Gone," Kelly Clarkson.

Country Album: "Lonely Runs Both Ways," Alison Krauss and Union Station.

Rap Album: "Late Registration," Kanye West.

Rock Album: "How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb," U2.

Rap Solo Performance: "Gold Digger," Kanye West.

Rap Performance by a Duo or Group: "Don't Phunk With My Heart," Black Eyed Peas.

Rap Song: "Diamonds From Sierra Leone," D. Harris and Kanye West.

Solo Rock Vocal Performance: "Devils & Dust," Bruce Springsteen.

Rock Performance by a Duo or Group With Vocal: "Sometimes You Can't Make It on Your Own," U2.

Hard Rock Performance: "B.Y.O.B.," System of a Down.

Metal Performance: "Before I Forget," Slipknot.

Rock Instrumental Performance: "69 Freedom Special," Les Paul and Friends.

Rock Song: "City of Blinding Lights," U2, (U2).

Alternative Music Album: "Get Behind Me Satan," the White Stripes.

Female R&B Vocal Performance: "We Belong Together," Mariah Carey.

R&B Performance by a Duo or Group With Vocals: "So Amazing," Beyoncé and Stevie Wonder.

Traditional R&B Vocal Performance: "A House Is Not a Home," Aretha Franklin.

Urban/Alternative Performance: "Welcome to Jamrock," Damian Marley.

R&B Song: "We Belong Together," J. Austin, M. Carey, J. Dupri & M. Seal, (D. Bristol, K. Edmonds, S. Johnson, P. Moten, S. Sully & B. Womack (Mariah Carey).

R&B Album: "Get Lifted," John Legend.

Contemporary R&B Album: "The Emancipation of Mimi," Mariah Carey.

Male Pop Vocal Performance: "From the Bottom of My Heart," Stevie Wonder.

Pop Performance by a Duo or Group With Vocal: "This Love," Maroon 5.

Pop Collaboration With Vocals: "Feel Good Inc.," Gorillaz Featuring De La Soul.

Pop Instrumental Performance: "Caravan," Les Paul.

Pop Instrumental Album: "At This Time," Burt Bacharach.

Traditional Pop Vocal Album: "The Art of Romance," Tony Bennett.

Female Country Vocal Performance: "The Connection," Emmylou Harris.

Male Country Vocal Performance: "You'll Think of Me," Keith Urban.

Country Performance by a Duo or Group With Vocal: "Restless," Alison Krauss and Union Station.

Country Collaboration With Vocals: "Like We Never Loved at All," Faith Hill and Tim McGraw.

Country Instrumental Performance: "Unionhouse Branch," Alison Krauss and Union Station.

Country Song: "Bless the Broken Road," Bobby Boyd, Jeff Hanna and Marcus Hummon, (Rascal Flatts).

Latin Pop Album: "Escucha," Laura Pausini.

Latin Rock/Alternative Album: "Fijación Oral Volumen 1," Shakira.

Traditional Tropical Latin Album: "Bebo De Cuba," Bebo Valdes.

Salsa/Merengue Album: "Son Del Alma," Willy Chirino.

Mexican/Mexican-American Album: "Mexico En La Piel," Luis Miguel.

Tejano Album: "Chicanisimo," Little Joe Y La Familia.

there where some other winners like classical and others
Re: 2006 Grammy Awards by hotangel2(f): 10:36pm On Feb 09, 2006
It was majorly boring.

My best performances were :

Kelly clarkson -- because of you
madonna -- the opening of the show
John Legend -- ordinary people (kinda-like a remix of the original)
And that was it.

BORING BORING BORING!
Re: 2006 Grammy Awards by Free(f): 12:39am On Feb 10, 2006
ooh i didnt get to watch da grammys
am glad it was borin wink
Re: 2006 Grammy Awards by Sama(f): 2:53am On Feb 10, 2006
John Legend won alot. I liked Kanye's performance wit Jamie...even tho i could care less for that song.
Re: 2006 Grammy Awards by Eastcoast(f): 2:58am On Feb 10, 2006
yeah it was kinda boring. they should have included a lot of hiphop, r and b performances. it was kinda just there. nobody is even talking about it. but the red carpet is still fun. E's fashion police is watching out.
Re: 2006 Grammy Awards by hotangel2(f): 3:00am On Feb 10, 2006
It wasn't the red carpet yesterday. it was the GREEN CARPET.

Yeah it was fun. ryan seacrest is soo funny, his whole interview yesterday was fun.

Ohh and ermm... the whole rock performcances and them whit people songs didn't cut it in for me. it was boring joo.
Re: 2006 Grammy Awards by Eastcoast(f): 3:03am On Feb 10, 2006
i know the carpet was green but i am just refering to the general stuff of a celebrity posing and the paparazzi snapping pictures. haba. ah ah hotangel give me breathing space plzzz. cheesy
Re: 2006 Grammy Awards by hotangel2(f): 3:04am On Feb 10, 2006
haa hun.. i didnt mean to choke you... *releases hand from your neck* can you breathe now? cheesy cheesy Good. cheesy
Re: 2006 Grammy Awards by Eastcoast(f): 3:11am On Feb 10, 2006
better. what did u think of ciara. i thot that is the best she has ever looked on any red carpet.
Re: 2006 Grammy Awards by hotangel2(f): 3:13am On Feb 10, 2006
You are not wrong. Black hair fits her. Plus her hair pulled back was really sexy.. and more sophisticated than the blonde poured down look.
Re: 2006 Grammy Awards by Eastcoast(f): 3:17am On Feb 10, 2006
i'm feeling you hottangel. u have a good sense of fashion.
Re: 2006 Grammy Awards by hotangel2(f): 3:19am On Feb 10, 2006
heyyy thanks.

What did u think of teri hatcher? Damn that woman! lemme find her picture.
Re: 2006 Grammy Awards by hotangel2(f): 3:21am On Feb 10, 2006
got it...

Re: 2006 Grammy Awards by Eastcoast(f): 3:24am On Feb 10, 2006
she was stunning. like the dress. did u notice micheal williams? she looked like she was sick or something. her dress was like oversize.
Re: 2006 Grammy Awards by hotangel2(f): 3:26am On Feb 10, 2006
Michelle from DC right

She need to spend some months at monique's house. Home girl needs to feed herself. I pitied her..... i really did. Monique should host her for some months.

Did u see kelly clarkson cry on stage? Awww... poor mama's baby. SHe was shocked.
Re: 2006 Grammy Awards by Eastcoast(f): 3:29am On Feb 10, 2006
haha. u want the poor lady to start wearing plus sizes. cheesy cheesy Anyway, all these celebs. ah them dey enjoy o.no wonder everyone wants to audition for american idol. look at kelly clarkson, i really like that girl's songs esp since u been goon. it is amazing. i find myself singing it all the time. many singers are jealous of her bcoz she is winning most of the awards they would have won.
Re: 2006 Grammy Awards by hotangel2(f): 3:32am On Feb 10, 2006
Seriously... Kelly clarkson should thank GOD if she believes in him. Im serious.. she just came and became the "it" girl.

Everyone likes her because she knows why she's in hollywood. Unlike miss hilton, lohan, duff etc. She's determined and knows wat she's doing. All her songs make sense and were great hits. TRL is also doing her good.. her songs always retire from TRL.. they've never been voted OFF.

Since you been gone, behind these hazel eyes, breakaway and because of you.

She's really good.. and the way i see it.. she's not ready to stop.
Re: 2006 Grammy Awards by Eastcoast(f): 3:35am On Feb 10, 2006
hilton, lohan, were born with a silver spoon but clarkson is just the girl next door she has to really work harder and thank god for the kind open doors he blessed her with. when God has just opened the door you want the poor lad to retire. ah she never grow old o. i don't she is ready to stop either.
Re: 2006 Grammy Awards by hipcaramel(f): 6:41pm On Feb 10, 2006
my girl, KELLY CLARKSON, did it. she's so so so good. i love her album. she so deserved it. GO KELLY!!!
Re: 2006 Grammy Awards by Eastcoast(f): 6:55pm On Feb 10, 2006
She did not even say thanks to american idol in her acceptance speeches..... undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Download Instrumental: Lil Kesh – Efejoku / Adekunle Gold – Ayanfe Viral Instrumental [Free Beat] / Top 5 Best Music Producers In Nigeria 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.