Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:52 PM

How Much Do You Give As Offerings To God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Much Do You Give As Offerings To God? (6312 Views)

Cash Crunch: Tithes, Offerings Drop In Churches / "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church (2) (3) (4)

How Much Do You Give As Offerings To God? by smartsoft(m): 12:42am On Jul 12, 2007
how much do you give for offering, have noticed this in the church that when they call for offering people folds the currency making sure that the next dude doesn't see what he/she is given. i was so shocked in church when the next dude was keeping searching for the lowest currency in his pocket close to 5mins of calling for offering. So i pop this question to you

1. How much do you give as an offering to God
2. Do you also Fold your money for the next dude not see how much you giving.

Don't be suprise some peeps give N5
Re: How Much Do You Give As Offerings To God? by mrferlie(m): 3:08am On Jul 12, 2007
y do u wan know.
Re: How Much Do You Give As Offerings To God? by Aproko(f): 6:40pm On Jul 13, 2007
mr ferlie:

y do u wan know.

i wonder oh!

@ poster,

so if my offering is N5 because that is what i can afford, should i go and steal so that people like you can be happy that i am giving the kind of offering that would make you happy, or will you add to my N5 so that it can be plenty?

i would like to know dear poster.
Re: How Much Do You Give As Offerings To God? by zukkie4eva(f): 1:57pm On Aug 22, 2007
I'd give my best to God because he deserves the very best,
Re: How Much Do You Give As Offerings To God? by JustGood(m): 1:59pm On Aug 22, 2007
what I give as offering is between me and God. I have no need to advertise it to anyone
Re: How Much Do You Give As Offerings To God? by pilgrim1(f): 2:04pm On Aug 22, 2007
Aproko:

. . if my offering is N5 because that is what i can afford, should i go and steal

Some don't even have anything to offer. And this is often my prayer for them:

2 Cor. 9:8 & 9
And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things,
may abound to every good work: As it is written, He hath dispersed abroad; he hath given to the poor:
his righteousness remaineth for ever.
Re: How Much Do You Give As Offerings To God? by pinkttea(f): 2:07pm On Aug 22, 2007
so when u dey church, u dey look wetin another person own give GOD!
chie my dear sorry shocked
Re: How Much Do You Give As Offerings To God? by tglaz(m): 2:18pm On Aug 22, 2007
isnt this funny? shocked shocked shocked
Re: How Much Do You Give As Offerings To God? by fesse(f): 2:42pm On Aug 22, 2007
@ poster,
is not a good christain, infact y do u wanna know?
Re: How Much Do You Give As Offerings To God? by kaypinchi(m): 2:46pm On Aug 22, 2007
I guess this should be kept as private as possible. Disclosure is an affront to God.
y?

The bible dictates that we should give privately, the left hand should not know what the right hand gives.
Offering to God should not be seen as public donations. Notwithstanding how much is given, it is the receipt by God that counts.
Remember the story of Cain & Abel. and the widow that gave her last dime?

God blesses thru the spirit behind giving and not what and how much u give.

The guise by some churches to exhort money from the congregation must have pushed some folks to device tactics to counter such acts.

May God help us to see the race thru. Amen.
Re: How Much Do You Give As Offerings To God? by niceuzor: 2:58pm On Aug 22, 2007
Smartsoft you don com again?

First e bi like say ur papa na pastor

you don leave the normal section come religion dey ask for offering?

Guy take ham easy oh!!

by the way why u wan know people Offering money na?

Tell us na?

Guy if dem leave u go collect offering for nairaland!

biko ra pu ka?
Re: How Much Do You Give As Offerings To God? by alleno: 2:59pm On Aug 22, 2007
, na wa o!, Very soon one would need 4-Figure table to answer questions here, whats with the JAMB question? Did Heaven send you an SMS to make this post. Anyway, one should not be to hard on you for asking, at least,its just a question and one can choose to answer it or not.
"I give what i want to give"
, but something that when Heaven puts on the Scale, it gives a sign!!! Do you get? grin
Re: How Much Do You Give As Offerings To God? by saintchux(m): 3:02pm On Aug 22, 2007
smartsoft:

how much do you give for offering, have noticed this in the church that when they call for offering people folds the currency making sure that the next dude doesn't see what he/she is given. i was so shocked in church when the next dude was keeping searching for the lowest currency in his pocket close to 5mins of calling for offering. So i pop this question to you

1. How much do you give as an offering to God
2. Do you also Fold your money for the next dude not see how much you giving.

Don't be suprise some peeps give N5

Be ye the first to cast the stone!!!
Re: How Much Do You Give As Offerings To God? by niceuzor: 3:03pm On Aug 22, 2007
alleno - you have said it all

saintchux
- exactly!
Re: How Much Do You Give As Offerings To God? by kingandrew(m): 3:08pm On Aug 22, 2007
If you are really keen to know, well i dont give any.I will rather give my money to charity organisations. people are dying in dafur,i feel comfortable when i know where my money goes to.
Re: How Much Do You Give As Offerings To God? by REZIGIRL(f): 3:12pm On Aug 22, 2007
What I believe the author refers to here is not just the quantity but the quality of the offering. That's why he made mention of squeezing the money.

Again we should understand that God deserves the best according to zukkie4eva. And we should make our offerings as part of our budgets too.

I always try my best to give a quality offering and by God's grace will make it higher by next year. I was challenged recently by a guy who told me he gives a minimum of 1k as offering, pls get me right, it's not as if he's got a powerful job. What challenged me is the mindset.

God actually deserves the best.
Re: How Much Do You Give As Offerings To God? by niceuzor: 3:19pm On Aug 22, 2007
REZIGIRL - Sorry to cut you off

Are you trying to say that Challenged is bring out the best in you

as in term of church offering?
Re: How Much Do You Give As Offerings To God? by REZIGIRL(f): 3:28pm On Aug 22, 2007
kingandrew:

If you are really keen to know, well i don't give any.I will rather give my money to charity organisations. people are dying in dafur,i feel comfortable when i know where my money goes to.

kingandrew, don't 4get the bible says  "  I Chron. 16:29  Give unto the LORD the glory due unto his name: bring an offering, and come before him".

It's good to give to charity and to the poor but then giving offerings is scriptural.
Re: How Much Do You Give As Offerings To God? by REZIGIRL(f): 3:35pm On Aug 22, 2007
kingandrew:

If you are really keen to know, well i don't give any.I will rather give my money to charity organisations. people are dying in dafur,i feel comfortable when i know where my money goes to.

kingandrew, don't 4get the bible says  "  I Chron. 16:29  Give unto the LORD the glory due unto his name: bring an offering, and come before him".

It's good to give to charity and to the poor but then giving offerings is scriptural.

niceuzor:

REZIGIRL - Sorry to cut you off

Are you trying to say that Challenged is bring out the best in you

as in term of church offering?

Yes, I was challenged because of the attitude (ie the mindset and not the quantity)

B4 now I make my offerings better each year because I believe so much in getting better everyday.
Re: How Much Do You Give As Offerings To God? by Akolawole(m): 3:35pm On Aug 22, 2007
Ha, what a question?

It should be nearly everything but i am not giving enough at all cry

But Abraham(the father of faith) gave a lot including almighty TIME.
Re: How Much Do You Give As Offerings To God? by benit(f): 3:50pm On Aug 22, 2007
You are not me and you are also not God. Needless for you to know.
Re: How Much Do You Give As Offerings To God? by pilgrim1(f): 3:53pm On Aug 22, 2007
Lol. . . interesting remarks.

Akolawole:

It should be nearly everything but i am not giving enough at all cry

How much is "enough"?

Dear bros, anything wey your heart lead you to give, God receives with all joy over your life:

2 Cor. 8:12 -- "For if there be first a willing mind, it is accepted according to that a man hath, and not according to that he hath not."
Re: How Much Do You Give As Offerings To God? by cgift(m): 4:13pm On Aug 22, 2007
Cant remember.
Re: How Much Do You Give As Offerings To God? by lilvonz(m): 4:21pm On Aug 22, 2007
some people don't know what questions to ask. Maybe by the time we start paying to ask questions, we'll ask reasonable questions.
Re: How Much Do You Give As Offerings To God? by dachamp(m): 4:24pm On Aug 22, 2007
Always controversies whenever there's a topic on religion, anyway controversies makes the 'thread' longer, keep the post comin  grin tongue grin  winkgrin
l'm just luvin it!
Re: How Much Do You Give As Offerings To God? by zukkie4eva(f): 4:31pm On Aug 22, 2007
The quality of your offeing depicts the level of commitment to God.   God is BIG!, he doesn't need your offering to make him bigger. The cattle on a thousand hills belongs to him, so give cheerfully, not out of compulsion nor grudgingly 'cos God LOVES a chEERful gIVER! grin
Re: How Much Do You Give As Offerings To God? by omogenaija(f): 4:58pm On Aug 22, 2007
@ poster thats a personal question and has nothing to do with u , angry angry
wat ppl give to God should be between them and God
Re: How Much Do You Give As Offerings To God? by CrazyMan(m): 5:16pm On Aug 22, 2007
David said it in the bible that he won’t give to God an offering that cause him nothing. I agree with him. If you want God’s blessing then give him something that would make him proud of you.

But me myself, I can’t boast that I give God an expensive offering; but I know that what I give to him is what I can afford and he who knows the minds of people would reward me in abundance.
Re: How Much Do You Give As Offerings To God? by Bidy(f): 5:48pm On Aug 22, 2007
It is good to Give good offering to God, but the most important thing is the heart that is giving. We may quatify the money we give, but God sees and is more concerned with the heart. The amount doesnt really matter.
Re: How Much Do You Give As Offerings To God? by Dijoka(m): 5:54pm On Aug 22, 2007
The amount u r givin is irrelevant. The question shuld be "IS IT FROM UR MIND" I mean did u give willingly.
Re: How Much Do You Give As Offerings To God? by UNLEASHED(m): 7:07pm On Aug 22, 2007
I give what I have and can afford to him
Re: How Much Do You Give As Offerings To God? by smartsoft(m): 7:15pm On Aug 22, 2007
lol hey everybody on me,  i was just asking ooooo not more like that lol i'm just curious.
@nizeuzor. my dad is a pastor for real,  and we don't even discuss about offering thing despite the fact that i don't go to same church with my dad. i attend Christembbasy
@dijoka thank you for that actually people don't really get what i was trying to bring out here. so many peeps give offerings asif they are been forced

Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests / Remember God In Your Youthful Age / The Word And The Watchtower: An Exegesis Of John 1:1