Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,709 members, 7,802,147 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:50 AM

Imo State Guber: Rochas Okorocha Has Won! - Politics (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo State Guber: Rochas Okorocha Has Won! (57430 Views)

Okorocha Has Abandoned Imo For His Son-in-law, He Should Resign – Onuegbu / Lagos State Guber Election Part 2: Agbaje Or Ambode: Vote Now! / Alex Otti, Abia State Guber Candidate & Team Brutally Attacked By Thugs [Pics] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imo State Guber: Rochas Okorocha Has Won! by Onlytruth(m): 8:44am On May 07, 2011
My Imo state brothers never let me down any day.  cool

This election has once again proven the character of Imo citizens.
We in Anambra state need to copy this tenacity of purpose our Imo brothers have demonstrated once again. We give up too easily.  undecided cry undecided

It is time Imo lead Ndigbo to the promised land.  cool

This election is not really just about Rochas Okorocha.
It is about voting out a non-performing governor even if he is supported by the highest power in the land.
This is just what we need in Igboland.

Umu nnem, jisie nu ike. Anyi kwu unu n'azu.  cool
Re: Imo State Guber: Rochas Okorocha Has Won! by otokx(m): 8:48am On May 07, 2011
Rochas may very well fill the shoes of Ojukwu and liberate the eastern region from political poverty.
Re: Imo State Guber: Rochas Okorocha Has Won! by Onlytruth(m): 8:53am On May 07, 2011
^^

We need a new Ikemba of Igboland.
Our ailing leader needs to be replaced by a tough character like Okorocha. But more importantly, I think it is time Imo take over the leadership of Igboland.

This is just what we need now. cool
Re: Imo State Guber: Rochas Okorocha Has Won! by macjive01: 9:00am On May 07, 2011
No doubt rochas has a good generous heart but administrating successfully hewud hav to surround himsef with sound technocrats.

With the overwhelming goodwill he has and wud b enjoying I pray he put that to good use and advocate sound industrial and economic, educational policies that wud uplift that state.

[size=18pt]Pls forget the idea of free education for all-ESP to University level,  it simply can't just be free. The state wud go bankrupt with the vast majority of IMO people with educational inclination. May YES to the less privillieged ones. [/size]
Re: Imo State Guber: Rochas Okorocha Has Won! by Eziachi: 9:03am On May 07, 2011
otokx:

Rochas may very well fill the shoes of Ojukwu and liberate the eastern region from political poverty.
I can't argue with that but only time will tell as people change once they get into office. We thought Peter Obi was strong enough despite all the help he got from Ikemba but he is a complete waste of  space when it comes to politcs.

I still think that Ralph Uwazuruike remain above all of them despite little money he got, he managed to shake the might of Nigeria owners but I don't think he a good politician.
I like Mazi Christopher Ngige too, not simply for his politics but he seems to has some small margin of principle in him that admire. Soething very rare today with politicians in Nigeria or Biafra. His confidence of going it alone with ACN instead of rejoining PDP must be appluaded. Eventhough I had y doubt that he won his senatorial election over his rival. But I still admire the tenacity in him.
Our Ikemba was and has never been a good politician andd never will be. But his shoes as our icon, who gave/sacrificed all to his people when others born similar into his position could have done the opposite will be difficult to fill but let us watch this space.
Re: Imo State Guber: Rochas Okorocha Has Won! by macjive01: 9:07am On May 07, 2011
@onlythruth, we grew up hear and knowing rochas as a good man now I his time to prove himself.

Igbos don't need just a goodman but a genuinely accomplished person with verifiable record, we rather be without a leader till one with such attribute come in view.
Re: Imo State Guber: Rochas Okorocha Has Won! by Eziachi: 9:15am On May 07, 2011
Onlytruth:

^^

We need a new Ikemba of Igboland.
Our ailing leader needs to be replaced by a tough character like Okorocha. But more importantly, I think it is time Imo take over the leadership of Igboland.

This is just what we need now. cool

I totally agree withh you. APGA and Chekwas Okorie needs urgent reconcilliation. Chekwas need to go and see Ikemba while he is still breathing and apologise.

I honestly believe that a Chekwas Okorie leadership without his big ego would have turned APGA into a strong force in the Old East, not just Igboland by now. Okorie is very political savvy like the Tinubus of this world when it comes to Nigerian kind of democracy and politics.
But he has to come down and apologise and accept that he was wrong and they should also bring back the like of Izuogu,Onyeaguocha, Uzodinma Okpara. I cant see why the Idiot in Abia state called Orji can't be sacked if APGA GOT THEIR ACT TOGETHER.
PETER OBI and Victor Umeh, as long as I am concerned are politial nymphos.
Re: Imo State Guber: Rochas Okorocha Has Won! by regmore(m): 9:21am On May 07, 2011
Rochas is the winner, Kim should pee on his r
appa
Re: Imo State Guber: Rochas Okorocha Has Won! by enyojo(f): 9:30am On May 07, 2011
I got this somewhere:
Ohaji-Egbema LGA-
No of Registered Voters= 79,555
Total Valid Votes: 27,176
Rejected Votes= 1,270

APGA= 15,334
PDP=11,588

Mgor Okpala Local Government Area-
No of Registered Voters= 72,066
Total Valid Votes= 27, 662
Rejected Votes=1,639

APGA= 17, 370
PDP= 9,237
Re: Imo State Guber: Rochas Okorocha Has Won! by Onlytruth(m): 9:31am On May 07, 2011
Posted by: Eziachi

I totally agree withh you. APGA and Chekwas Okorie needs urgent reconcilliation. Chekwas need to go and see Ikemba while he is still breathing and apologise.

I honestly believe that a Chekwas Okorie leadership without his big ego would have turned APGA into a strong force in the Old East, not just Igboland by now. Okorie is very political savvy like the Tinubus of this world when it comes to Nigerian kind of democracy and politics.
But he has to come down and apologise and accept that he was wrong and they should also bring back the like of Izuogu,Onyeaguocha, Uzodinma Okpara. I cant see why the  in Abia state called Orji can't be sacked if APGA GOT THEIR ACT TOGETHER.
PETER OBI and Victor Umeh, as long as I am concerned are politial love-addicts.

For a long time on this forum, I have maintained that Victor Umeh should be removed and Chekwas to take back his place because Umeh is clueless. Peter Obi is a complete disappointment in national politics. Even the death of youth corpers couldn't move Obi enough to issue a tough statement. Heck even Ekiti state governor made tough statement to show his anger at the murder of innocent youth corpers. But not Peter Obi!
I had prayed quietly for Rochas to win in Imo so that we can get a real strong APGA governor for the first time.
My hope is that he lives up to expectations and stay in APGA to build it up (after taking it away from inept Peter Obi).
We need a party that can articulate our political positions in Nigeria, not a tower of babel called PDP.

My chaplet is still in the water.  cool
Re: Imo State Guber: Rochas Okorocha Has Won! by godobim: 9:35am On May 07, 2011
Congratulations to ROCHAS!! That is what democracy is all about. I supported Ohakim but the will of the people must prevail. I wish him well during his tenure as the Governor of Imo State. Long live Imolites!!!!
Re: Imo State Guber: Rochas Okorocha Has Won! by Fogman(m): 9:54am On May 07, 2011
I am very happy for Imo state, hope this tenancity of purpose will be reciprocated in other Eastern states. Up Imo state, Up Rochas
Re: Imo State Guber: Rochas Okorocha Has Won! by presido1: 9:58am On May 07, 2011
godobi (m):

Congratulations to ROCHAS!! That is what democracy is all about. I supported Ohakim but the will of the people must prevail. I wish him well during his tenure as the Governor of Imo State. Long live Imolites!!!!
Thanks for showing the spirit of a sportsman, Hope you collected your balance from Ohakigi b4 this your congratulation otherwise u are Aaron.

Ndi Imo, now that Owelle has won let us not lose our guard, we must let him know that we put him there and we need him to work for the benefit of Imo state and her citizens. Now that vote counts and he did not bribe anybody to vote for him hence he did not spend like the Ohathief so let him use our money for the betterment of the state.

We voted him and can vote him out if he did not perform.

Will it be nice to probe Ohakiha? [code][/code]
Re: Imo State Guber: Rochas Okorocha Has Won! by Valto(m): 10:18am On May 07, 2011
IMO State Gov
Election (FINAL RESULT)
ACN --------- 107,028
APGA -------- 336,859
PDP ---------- 290,496
ROCHAS (APGA) won the Imo State
Supplementary election
Re: Imo State Guber: Rochas Okorocha Has Won! by enyojo(f): 10:40am On May 07, 2011
[size=50pt]ROCHAS!!![/size]
[size=20pt]RETURNED ELECTED[/size]
Re: Imo State Guber: Rochas Okorocha Has Won! by jumpmasta(m): 10:44am On May 07, 2011
See Jubilation In O town!!!Congrats Rochas, Imolites are behind u
Re: Imo State Guber: Rochas Okorocha Has Won! by Odunnu: 10:47am On May 07, 2011
This is sweet news Wallahi!
Re: Imo State Guber: Rochas Okorocha Has Won! by Amaechi5(m): 10:48am On May 07, 2011
Rochasssss okorochaaaaa is the governor of IMO STATE
Re: Imo State Guber: Rochas Okorocha Has Won! by nwaigbomg(m): 10:50am On May 07, 2011
up rochas

Re: Imo State Guber: Rochas Okorocha Has Won! by citizenone: 10:53am On May 07, 2011
Meanwhile where are all those paid contractors that
were prrostituting for Ohikanwata

Attrached picture is evidence of their lies

lest they deny tommorrow
Re: Imo State Guber: Rochas Okorocha Has Won! by citizenone: 10:55am On May 07, 2011
Meanwhile where are all those paid contractors that
were prrostituting for Ohikanwata

Attrached picture is evidence of their lies

lest they deny tommorrow

Re: Imo State Guber: Rochas Okorocha Has Won! by xtianh(m): 10:56am On May 07, 2011
WELL IS ALL OVER THE RESULT HAS BEEN CONFIRMED ROCHAS ANAYO OKOROCHA, HAS BEEN DECLARED THE GOVERNOR ELECT OF IMO STATE,

SOURCE>>>LIVE FROM AIT
Re: Imo State Guber: Rochas Okorocha Has Won! by teddydonny: 11:06am On May 07, 2011
Re: Imo State Guber: Rochas Okorocha Has Won! by xtianh(m): 11:15am On May 07, 2011
I HEREBY

SEND MY WARM GREETINGS TO THE PEOPLE OF IMO STATE WHO HAS ACCEPTED NOTHING BUT CHANGE,
I THANK ALL THE NAIRALANDERS ESPECIALLY THOSE THAT TOOK THEIR TIME TO CONTRIBUTE TO THIS TREND FOR THEIR RELENTLESS EFFORT TOWARDS ENSURING THAT PEOPLES MANDATE IS THE ODER OF THE DAY,
I SPECIALLY THANK THE FOUNDER OF NAIRALAND FOR SETTING UP THIS PLATFORM WHERE PEOPLE AIR THEIR OPINION WITHOUT BEING CHARGED A PENNY, GOD BLESS THE PEOPLE OF IMO STATE, GOD BLESS ALL THE NAIRANDERS,

BEFORE I GO, LET ME USE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO CALL ON ALL THE OHAKIM SUPPORTERS TO LET US COME TOGETHER AND EMBRACE PEACE SO THAT PEACE WILL RAIN IN IMO STATE, THANKS TO ALL BYE FOR NOW,

XTIAN H
Re: Imo State Guber: Rochas Okorocha Has Won! by saintchyco: 11:17am On May 07, 2011
where are the jobless okigwe women that where make noise on channel
Re: Imo State Guber: Rochas Okorocha Has Won! by Amaechi5(m): 11:23am On May 07, 2011
Oh mehn com see jubilation 4 amakohia,make i go douglas go see wetin dey happen there
Re: Imo State Guber: Rochas Okorocha Has Won! by namdo(m): 11:32am On May 07, 2011
BEAUTIFUL FOR SITUATION, THE JOY OF THE PEOPLE.

PEOPLE BE HAPPY FOR A CHANGE HAS COME FOR MY PEOPLE IN IMO STATE.

ROCHAS OKOROCHA, NOW YOU HAVE THE ENTIRE IMO TO CHANGE AND IMPACT FOR BETTER DAYS, GO ON.

CONGRATULATION!!!. cool
Re: Imo State Guber: Rochas Okorocha Has Won! by nwaigbomg(m): 11:32am On May 07, 2011
you can become rochas okorocha facebook friend to congratulate him,

see his facebook page bel
Re: Imo State Guber: Rochas Okorocha Has Won! by HamidO1(m): 11:44am On May 07, 2011
Pop Alomo for the good people of Imo abeg. I dey envy una seriously, my own state still dey dull.
Re: Imo State Guber: Rochas Okorocha Has Won! by efisher(m): 11:50am On May 07, 2011
Congrats to Imolites and Rochas for the victory. Kudos to INEC, NYSC and GEJ for a job well done.
Re: Imo State Guber: Rochas Okorocha Has Won! by enyojo(f): 11:56am On May 07, 2011
[size=16pt]OVERSIZED LIAR IN OVERSIZED COAT BANISHED INTO THE EVIL FOREST OF HUMILIATION[/size]

Re: Imo State Guber: Rochas Okorocha Has Won! by chino11(m): 11:59am On May 07, 2011
Onlytruth:

Posted by: Eziachi
For a long time on this forum, I have maintained that Victor Umeh should be removed and Chekwas to take back his place because Umeh is clueless. Peter Obi is a complete disappointment in national politics. Even the death of youth corpers couldn't move Obi enough to issue a tough statement. Heck even Ekiti state governor made tough statement to show his anger at the murder of innocent youth corpers. But not Peter Obi!
I had prayed quietly for Rochas to win in Imo so that we can get a real strong APGA governor for the first time.
My hope is that he lives up to expectations and stay in APGA to build it up (after taking it away from inept Peter Obi).
We need a party that can articulate our political positions in Nigeria, not a tower of babel called PDP.

My chaplet is still in the water.  cool

Maybe you need to understand the tenets and type politics played at the national level. Peter Obi is a bridge-builder politically and still the best performing gov east of Niger. Am sure that was what moved imo people to opt for a change, though the former gov ohakim was the least performing gov in the east. Peter Obi remains the leader of APGA. If APGA under Peter Obi was non-performing in Anambra like some of the PDP gov in some other states, I don't voting Rochas and APGA may fly like it did today. In all I thank imo people for joining Anambra state for good governance and fruits of democracy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

Senator Ita-giwa And Her Adopted Daughter Step Out In Style (photo) / Youths Dragged Down Tinubu’s Banner In Ogun State (Photos) / President Buhari Dissolves NNPC Board Of Directors - NTA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.