Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,131 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:36 AM

150 Youth Corpers Amputated In Kaduna State - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / 150 Youth Corpers Amputated In Kaduna State (6269 Views)

Firstbank Empowers 8000 Youth Corpers (Photos) / Kaduna State Batch A15 / Private Companies In Lagos That Accept Youth Corpers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

150 Youth Corpers Amputated In Kaduna State by pappykay1(m): 2:20pm On Apr 27, 2011
Reports from Kaduna, the home state of the Vice-President Namadi Sambo, stated that about 150 youth corpers have had their hands and limbs hacked off by people protesting the outcome of the 2011 presidential elections in Kaduna State

A youth corper who managed to escape the brutal attacks, narrated how they were rounded up by some youths. Their attackers appeared to be organised and they were told to line up and in turn had their hands amputated. Those who tried to escape had their limbs chopped off. But some of them managed to escape and have alerted the authorities.

The victims are in separate hospitals undergoing treatment. Many terrified youth corpers are said to be migrating away from Kaduna State to their respective states of origins.So far the authorities, in order to prevent the risk of reprisal attacks, have refused to disclose the number of dead victims. Reports indicated thousands of youth corpers were salughtered with about 35,000 receiving treament or displaced.

The Nigeria Police Force and the military have made their presence felt and effecting arrests. President Jonathan has promised to set up a judicial inquiry to look into the post presidential elections crisis.On his part, the CPC Presidential candidate, General Muhamadu Buhari has condemned the attacks on churches and the violence in general in a brief comment to BBC Hausa Service. But observers noted that he has stopped short of condemning the mindless killings of the youth corpers.

Domestic and international Observers have declared the presidential elections as free and fair.
http://www.talkofnaija.com/news/150-youth-corpers-amputated-kaduna-state

Re: 150 Youth Corpers Amputated In Kaduna State by khattab008: 9:22pm On Apr 27, 2011
i feel for those corpers coz to mi dose youths must be heartless but on the contrary General Muhammadu Buhari should not be blamed at all coz he is a man of integrity nd can never order such thingz, i pray nysc is abolished b4 d end of ma university education
Re: 150 Youth Corpers Amputated In Kaduna State by iwayeye(m): 1:30am On Apr 28, 2011
No amount of gesture can bring back the dead and no number of award(s) can be equivalent 2 a child.
The deed has been done, it is practically irrevocable; the only reward that l regard justifiable is to abolish the useless Scheme called NYSC or let students' of a specific geo-political zone serve their so called fatherland in their respective geographic zones or whatever it is called inorder to punctuate reoccurrence of this devilish attitude of killing innocent children and a potential greater tomorrow Nigerians.
Instead of truncating the lives of what we hope to be the Future of a new Naija.

"ENOUGH IS ENOUGH" federal govt should deceiving themselves that they have set up panel of inquiry to look into the post-election violence because its of no use, even if culprits are apprehended. Does it effect comeback of any of the dead corpers.
Its time we abolish, erase, scrap this scheme.
Re: 150 Youth Corpers Amputated In Kaduna State by khattab008: 7:53am On Apr 28, 2011
Yes It's high time that stupid thing is throw away for ever and ever
Re: 150 Youth Corpers Amputated In Kaduna State by topup: 1:58am On Apr 29, 2011
The problem is not the NYSC it is the people. The nature of the NYSC is so unique and I think in an ideal world it is something that should be respected. However this is Nigeria, some people are able to get away with crimes, hence they are more likely to commit crimes and to add to that, more extreme crimes.
Re: 150 Youth Corpers Amputated In Kaduna State by nweike(m): 9:26pm On Apr 29, 2011
I have been critcised severally for my standpoint on the step that should be taken after post electoral violence in the north that took lives of many especially NYSC CORPS MEMBERS but with a more articulated aguement i wish i would convince everyone on my position.
1. It is obvious that the north will not stop being a dangerous place where people perceived to be of southern origin would always be target whenever there is a little uprising. At least this is not expected to change soon.

2. The reason is not far fetched, it is because the north is grossly impoverished both educationaly and financially. This has made the northern youths incapable of rational thinking such a statement that could never cause revolt in the southern Nigeria will easily set the Northern youths to arson.

3. Having said that i believe that the southern youths should not bare the consequence of the deprivation sufferred by the northern youths. Hence until the civilization in the north increases the northern youths should be a no go area for corpers.

1 Like

Re: 150 Youth Corpers Amputated In Kaduna State by nonnyp(f): 10:40pm On Apr 29, 2011
@nweike u are right,d ppl sounding indifferent has nt realy bn affected 4 me i had,n i knw dse cow in human 4ms @ d northern pt of ds country shld b on dr own until dy choose 2 embrace civilisation.if u feel my contribution is 2 raw or foul.google these 2 names ikechukwu ukeoma and obinna okpokiri.these r corpers dt were victims of d recent masacre in bauchi.
Re: 150 Youth Corpers Amputated In Kaduna State by MaiSuya(m): 5:43pm On Apr 30, 2011
where did OP get the 150 figure from?
Re: 150 Youth Corpers Amputated In Kaduna State by oiseworld: 10:21pm On Apr 30, 2011
Tell me dis is not true. Please!!!
Re: 150 Youth Corpers Amputated In Kaduna State by oiseworld: 12:13am On May 01, 2011
Tell me dis is not true. Please!!!
Re: 150 Youth Corpers Amputated In Kaduna State by InkedNerd(f): 1:07am On May 01, 2011
This is terrible, I guess it's best to dissolve the NYSC program cry cry cry
Re: 150 Youth Corpers Amputated In Kaduna State by bikokwe(m): 1:13am On May 01, 2011
how true is dis story
Re: 150 Youth Corpers Amputated In Kaduna State by Malyq06(m): 9:45am On May 01, 2011
i seriously dont believe this story because there cant be up to 35000 corpers in Kaduna alone, but i am of the very opinion that the uselesss NYSC be damn scrapped. it is just a futile effort to foster an ingenuine unity, what it does is expose innocent southern youths to unworthy risk of life in the hands of some hopeless semi humans, who have nothing to offer this country. it os just a waste of everything wastable, time, energy, money, life, all resources are wasted. NIGERIA pls wake up.
Re: 150 Youth Corpers Amputated In Kaduna State by paulsan(m): 12:44pm On May 01, 2011
sorrowful tale wit hard n cryin endin, d writer is bias we al know started d killin n burnin, is like d culprites have dis in mind long b4 d election, x-tians should note dat bcuz dis guys are not humans chaos is fun 2 em alongsie life taken
Re: 150 Youth Corpers Amputated In Kaduna State by UncleJJ(m): 12:47pm On May 01, 2011
I think for now, corpers should be sent to thier state of origin to serve . cry

But observers noted that he has stopped short of condemning the mindless killings of the youth corpers.

NANA BUHARI , don revenge ohh ooh oooh , GOD WILL DRAW THE LAST CARD cheesy
Re: 150 Youth Corpers Amputated In Kaduna State by Ikengawo: 11:44am On Dec 23, 2014
my god
Re: 150 Youth Corpers Amputated In Kaduna State by Nobody: 6:38am On Jun 22, 2015
Malyq06:
i seriously dont believe this story because there cant be up to 35000 corpers in Kaduna alone, but i am of the very opinion that the uselesss NYSC be damn scrapped. it is just a futile effort to foster an ingenuine unity, what it does is expose innocent southern youths to unworthy risk of life in the hands of some hopeless semi humans, who have nothing to offer this country. it os just a waste of everything wastable, time, energy, money, life, all resources are wasted. NIGERIA pls wake up.

Bad journalism, what the author intended was that a total of 35,000 people and not NYSC where recieving treatment

(1) (Reply)

NYSC 2016 Batch B Online Registration - Www.nysc.org.ng / NYSC PCM's Who Chose Akwa-ibom "Fisrt Choice" Lets Meet / FG Approves Increase Of NYSC Federal Allowance To N39,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.