Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,711 members, 7,805,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:35 AM

Dividing The Job Section Into Categories - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Dividing The Job Section Into Categories (3706 Views)

*~ Freelance Voted The Job Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!! / Job Section Library For Job-Seekers: Discussion Threads, Etc. / Nairaland (job Section)is Getting Messy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dividing The Job Section Into Categories by Seun(m): 8:08am On Jul 12, 2007
Hello Guys,

My metrics indicate that it's time to divide the job forum into various categories listing various jobs.
Do you girls and guys have any suggestions about what subcategories I should create?

Thanks a million!
Re: Dividing The Job Section Into Categories by spark: 8:36am On Jul 12, 2007
whatz up seun, kudos to u for a job well done.
i totally agree with dividing the job section into categories and i think it should include Banking, Telecoms, Oil, Hospitality, Medicals and Others. But its just a thought, any objection will be ok by me.
Re: Dividing The Job Section Into Categories by arshy(m): 8:40am On Jul 12, 2007
Kudos to u guys here,if not for people like u, only God knows what would have been the fate of job seekers.I agree with that too, it will make things easier here.
Re: Dividing The Job Section Into Categories by Lasun(m): 8:56am On Jul 12, 2007
Hello Seun,

I believe is high time we have such categorization,perhaps you could also think of Freshers and experience categories.I believe it will help to all of us to sort out and go for exactly what we need.This is my tow kobo's
Re: Dividing The Job Section Into Categories by Jidemaks(m): 8:59am On Jul 12, 2007
That's a very useful suggestion from seun. It will simplify the job search process of house members.
Re: Dividing The Job Section Into Categories by Olusleeky(m): 9:16am On Jul 12, 2007
i agree wit spak's idea, but there should be a division between freshers job and experienced job seekers, it wil ease off lots of tins.

1love

odebode olumide kelvin
Re: Dividing The Job Section Into Categories by kemoade(f): 9:31am On Jul 12, 2007
Good suggestions, seun more grease to your elbow.
Re: Dividing The Job Section Into Categories by Nobody: 10:01am On Jul 12, 2007
Yeah dog!
divide it Ceasar, cos dis join is getin complicated
Re: Dividing The Job Section Into Categories by Adanla(m): 11:19am On Jul 12, 2007
Good suggestion senu. I am of the opinion that the grouping should include the major sections such as oil &gas, banking, aviation, IT, education etc. Also, u can subgroup into experience and fresher. Kudos to you
Re: Dividing The Job Section Into Categories by fadenike(f): 11:38am On Jul 12, 2007
Good insight. more grace to u Seun.
Re: Dividing The Job Section Into Categories by kuwena(m): 1:03pm On Jul 12, 2007
Greetings, Seun.
I trust that anything you decide will come out fine. If you leave it the way it is, fine; if you re-categorize, fine too. I thank you for what you are doing already. I wish to express my deepest respects.
Kuwena. smiley
Re: Dividing The Job Section Into Categories by azuoma: 2:47pm On Jul 12, 2007
Hi Seun,
Datz a wonderful idea.l think it will go a long way to help us to know where to start.
Re: Dividing The Job Section Into Categories by lowee231: 6:15pm On Jul 12, 2007
carry on sir that will be a welcome development
Re: Dividing The Job Section Into Categories by Macteejay2(m): 6:38pm On Jul 12, 2007
@ SEUN.
It's a welcome development. l suggest it should be divided into various sectors such as Aviation, Oil/gas, Agricultural, Military/Paramilitary , etc. Well is just a suggestion nairalanders. Seun is an icon to all of us. We shall all get to the promise land by HIS grace. Amen.
Re: Dividing The Job Section Into Categories by babaife(m): 7:33pm On Jul 12, 2007
while i agree that job should be categorize into sections. this may not be easy after all. like every social science subject, it will never satisfy all. however, you may need to categorize them based on discipline irrespective of the sectors or industry.
more grease to your elbow.

babaife 4 himself
Re: Dividing The Job Section Into Categories by onmakpo: 8:52pm On Jul 12, 2007
seun do u know y nairaland is the best?do u know y nairaland has more viewership dan odas? let me give u a candid insight.nairaland summarises all categories of jobs and so people come and contribute.

my suggestion is NO 2 your idea because theelement of getting all gists & jobs at a glance is not obtainable anywhere.i am talling u this because i am a nairalaend addict and i get satisfacction from here.anybody dat talls u yes should say .

furthermore, i must tell u thet the crux of pple that browse are searching for njob and domt havew money and as such will not nwant 2
waste time online line.so dey look for where they get the message sharply
at a glance.think this over again.

love u all
Re: Dividing The Job Section Into Categories by Seun(m): 9:07pm On Jul 12, 2007
omakpo, I understand and appreciate your concern, but I think this change will actually solve the problem you are talking about much better. If appropriate categories are created, you will not have to wade through vacancies that are unrelated to the kind of work you're looking for. An engineer won't have to wade through hospital vacancies for doctors and nurses, for example. Someone interested in a banking or oil company job will go straight to that section.
Re: Dividing The Job Section Into Categories by mijd(m): 8:40am On Jul 13, 2007
Hi Seun good day sir and more grease to ur elbows.

Think about these seemingly complicated issues: assuming an oil and gas company want a medical doctor, a lawyer, or even a teacher or zoologist in there service how would u reconcile this. Similarly, if a school, medical firm, NGO, or other non oil or engineering related sectors need the services of an instrument technician, electrician, and the likes which are somewhat associated to the oil and gas or engineering firms, how can we reconcile this in your supposed categorization?

Not trying to discourage ur brilliant idea anyway but just looking at some conflicting issues that might erupt.

Once again, more grease to ur elbows!
Re: Dividing The Job Section Into Categories by spora(m): 10:01am On Jul 13, 2007
Seun,

The idea is good but the implementation will be an herculian task. In this part of the world job na job so far it puts food on your table.

Remember, The Guardians newspaper tried to do this by putting Science/IT stuff on Tuesday and Social Sciences/Art stuff on Thursday. But you know what, it failed! Why? because if an organisation wants to advertise for positions, are u going to divide the advert into Tuesday and Thursday simply because of categorization.

We can never have a clear division when it comes to Vacancies.

I will suggest we categorize it according to deadline and once it expires we remove them.
Re: Dividing The Job Section Into Categories by jidejob: 2:17pm On Jul 13, 2007
Hello,

It is going to be a great job.Welldone
Re: Dividing The Job Section Into Categories by tionne(f): 2:18pm On Jul 13, 2007
nice one seun, dividing itno categories will be a beautiful idea,
must commend ur efforts so far
kudos
Re: Dividing The Job Section Into Categories by obyann(f): 2:23pm On Jul 13, 2007
Please go ahead. i'm in support of that. Thanks for a job well done
Re: Dividing The Job Section Into Categories by kjblow: 2:58pm On Jul 13, 2007
Nice idea seun! people like you are very scares to come by in this generation. In fact you are one in a million(an Icon or a celebrity).
i think it will be good  divide into sections like Oil and Gas, Banking, Manufacturing ,IT, Marketing, hospitality and above all the should all be under 2 categories of Fresh graduate and Experience hire.This is just my suggestion! It Iis opened to critical reasoning. Thanks
Re: Dividing The Job Section Into Categories by iyke199(m): 2:40pm On Jul 14, 2007
Seun, thanks for the good works you have been doing here. I agree with your idea of categorising jobs here. I suggest jobs in this category: for recent/fresh graduates, experienced graduates,say 3-5 years post graduation and executive/senior managers. Thank you. Once again, thanks for your good works. U are simply invaluable.
Re: Dividing The Job Section Into Categories by crito(m): 8:30pm On Jul 14, 2007
seun, it will be great if you can do that. smiley smiley smiley
Re: Dividing The Job Section Into Categories by DisGuy: 11:53pm On Jul 14, 2007
spora:

Seun,

The idea is good but the implementation will be an herculian task. In this part of the world job na job so far it puts food on your table.

Remember, The Guardians newspaper tried to do this by putting Science/IT stuff on Tuesday and Social Sciences/Art stuff on Thursday. But you know what, it failed! Why? because if an organisation wants to advertise for positions, are u going to divide the advert into Tuesday and Thursday simply because of categorization.

I will suggest we categorize it according to deadline and once it expires we remove them.

I dont know what happened to the guardian in nigeria but the guardian in the Uk have different job for different days, in fact all newspapers have different jobs for different days

I dont really know what you mean in you second point but if you classify jobs according to deadline, people will only get to see the job advert few weeks/days to submission
Re: Dividing The Job Section Into Categories by cyonujemen(m): 11:41am On Jul 16, 2007
It is recomended. Fire on.
Re: Dividing The Job Section Into Categories by xeled(m): 12:18pm On Jul 16, 2007
HI LANDERS
I ALSO ADD MY WORDS THAT IT IS A NOVEL IDEA ESPECIALLY FOR THOSE OF US THAT HAVE FEW COINS TO SPEND IN THE EVER RISING COST OF BROWSING THE NET
THANKS SEUN
YOU ARE ALWAYS ON TOP OF THE GAME
CHEERS!
Re: Dividing The Job Section Into Categories by mayblossom(f): 1:40pm On Jul 16, 2007
Seun this is a graet job you're doing. God bless you abundantly.I think its better not to categorize the forum so that one can view many jobs at a glance.especially when one's choice of a job most times is not determined by his/her course of study.In Nigeria, "a vacancy is a vacancy".this is just a suggestion sha.
Re: Dividing The Job Section Into Categories by uchetobi(f): 3:38pm On Jul 16, 2007
o I think it should be divided into Job availability (where all information as regards a job availability is posted) then test / interview/ result information (where all the “who got invited to XYZ test? Who has the test format for XYZ company, who has seen the result for XYZ  and the likes can go”
Then finally the self help section where people can lament on how on individual frustration, ask about a particular company, what they do, when they recruit, how much they pay etc
Re: Dividing The Job Section Into Categories by bigfred(m): 3:56pm On Jul 17, 2007
Seun,

Seun please go ahead don't mind spora, if guardian newspaper failed in their own effort doesn't mean we can't get it right here, you idea is great. I look forward to seeing the categories. cool
Re: Dividing The Job Section Into Categories by Seun(m): 11:39am On Jul 18, 2007
You're right, the implementation won't be easy at all.
About 9000 topics that will need to be moved. I will need a lot of assistance!

I know a Nigerian job site that uses the following system:
1. Open Discussion: interview tips, comments, test formats, etc
2. Career Talk: Equivalent to our career section
3. Banking & Finance Vacancies
4. Oil & Gas Vacancies
5. Computer, IT & Telecom Vacancies
6. Other Vacancies

What do you think about this approach? I think it's brilliant!

(1) (2) (Reply)

HELP!!! What Sure Work/business Can I Do From My Home? / Sample Of An Application Letter / Exxon Mobil Nigeria. Vacancy Vacancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.