Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,370 members, 7,781,034 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:50 AM

Share Your Experiences Those That Moved Back To Nigeria From Abroad (usa) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Share Your Experiences Those That Moved Back To Nigeria From Abroad (usa) (29585 Views)

My Shocking Experiences In Public Buses----ladies Be Very Vigilant! / Moved Back To Nigeria.. Miss The States..help Me / Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Experiences Those That Moved Back To Nigeria From Abroad (usa) by emsquare(m): 9:05am On Apr 20, 2012
unipol: okay, i am waiting for them to come and share their experience. untill free internet is allowed in nigeria.

LOL!
Re: Share Your Experiences Those That Moved Back To Nigeria From Abroad (usa) by Nobody: 9:09am On Apr 20, 2012
NorthSharp:

Congrats bro. It is quite heartening to hear this success story of coming back home, sweet home!. I feel happy for you and wish you even greater success, ameen.

Thanks my dear, I wish you the same.
Re: Share Your Experiences Those That Moved Back To Nigeria From Abroad (usa) by Pozzy(m): 9:13am On Apr 20, 2012
chucky234:
Guy naija have upgraded as we have good internet services providers,the good thing is that you can always swap from one provider to another.
As the electricity get a generating sets as they come in different sizes and at cheap rates,many are fuel efficient.

I know Chuks, but the funny thing is that my family resides in Aba, so that is where i will stay for a few weeks when i go back. But, i have been reading bad things about Abia state, and Aba in particular. So that was why i said that earlier, although i will reside i Lagos for my NYSC, i will always be going back to Aba, cuz that is where my family lives.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences Those That Moved Back To Nigeria From Abroad (usa) by Nobody: 9:31am On Apr 20, 2012
glowithdan:

To some, the fear of coming back to Nigeria is the genesis of wisdom.

Being back in the Country, after working and giving almost all my salary to the Queen of England for some years, was not a funny one.finaly came back early this year, just before the subsidy brouhaha, and to be frank, the Country Nigeria might not be a perfect place, but I'm not complaining one bit.

My brother, thank you for your courage, its not easy taking that BOLD move.

Was thinking of ivesting in that transport business too I came across your post here on NL.
I would really appreciate your adive to this regrad. My e-mail is danielekason@yahoo.com kindly drop me a few lines, then we can catch up from there.

My regards to the family.

thanks my dear, you are welcome home too. sincerely speaking, the subsidy period was not funny at all but its a thing of the past now, believe me no country is without economic-crisis, even european countries like greece, italy, etc are experiencing same economic turmoil. one thing that helped me a lot was and still is living my life my own way, i make my plans and stick to it with a positive attitude towards all my undertakings. many of my friends still abroad are imitating my moves now and they are planning to come home and invest.
good luck to you i will send you mail. cheers!!
Re: Share Your Experiences Those That Moved Back To Nigeria From Abroad (usa) by vanstanzy(m): 11:49am On Apr 20, 2012
Naija aint that bad though.
Re: Share Your Experiences Those That Moved Back To Nigeria From Abroad (usa) by henrychubayo: 1:55pm On Apr 20, 2012
My ppl, no place like home especially if you grew up in 9ja. Just yesterday, i listened to a music that reminds me of where i use to go and chop fresh fish, nkwobi, ugba and okporoko, bush meat, ugba, etc. Where i am, i certainly don't eat these things and it never gives me joy. No place like home and you will never know untill you leave 9ja. No matter the state of affairs of 9ja, we all love it and wish to be with.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Those That Moved Back To Nigeria From Abroad (usa) by fasbio(m): 5:33pm On Apr 20, 2012
i love naija but thinking of doing business there but i dont even no how to start planing to go back after ten years in london,
Re: Share Your Experiences Those That Moved Back To Nigeria From Abroad (usa) by nylawal(m): 5:45pm On Apr 20, 2012
Wilife: Always nice to see this qq over and over again....

I think it's always a difficult decision to make....

Was in the States for almost 4 years before heading back to Naija....

Was quite fortunate though....as I was head hunted to come back to work here....

Naija is a lovely place if u have d means to make a living.

If u are coming for ur service year (NYSC)...den u shldn't have a problem...

Suggest u use d time to rack up some professional certifications....

A younger friend did dat in 2011....

U will be shocked at d level of accomplishments d friends u left have achieved...

If it's to come stay...like others suggested....make sure u have funds...I suggest u get a job before taking d plunge....

Test the waters....have an exit plan...

As far as I'm concerned....d problem with most returnees is that they've conditioned their minds to a certain level....

Very wrong....I did bikes a lot when I first arrived 'cos my car had not come in...

Cared less who was watching....knew what I wanted....

Humble urself and be street smart....

...Above all pray hard....

On a side note....I know several Nigerians in their 40s in d States who really want to come back but are tied down 'cos of mortgage et al....

Besides....they are scared they can't meet up with their colleagues who they left behind....

Oh my God! You are so right! I am studying in the UK. Everything is taxed here! I'm never intending to stay even if they return post study visa,tax everywhere! Tv license, council tax, car insurance, house rent! If I stay here its going to be like slave trade all over again! I know some people who have settled down here, they buy a house and pay mortgage for their lifetime, work all day and pay tax like there is no tomorrow! These is the advice I gave my friend willing to stay... you will be too scared to come back when most of your friends have become very comfortable in Naija! These Oyinbo people know that they need our sweat to keep their capitalist economy running. Sometimes I ask myself what is the satisfaction people get here! they would rather die here than go home and build a legacy for their future generation. But that is just me!

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Those That Moved Back To Nigeria From Abroad (usa) by nylawal(m): 5:52pm On Apr 20, 2012
@ OP! I served in Abuja. We had a lot of international students then, and we sure had fun! I have a guy asking the same question you are asking here. He was going to go and serve after his Msc. I mean what the heck! Go and enjoy! that's what Kiichiro Toyoda (Toyota's founder) calls Genchi Genbutsu - Go and see for yourself!!!!!
Re: Share Your Experiences Those That Moved Back To Nigeria From Abroad (usa) by occam(m): 7:36pm On Apr 20, 2012
lastpage:
Things change on a daily basis.
Important "events" of yesterday that would affect that "decision making", may have ceased to exist today! (Like there was a time when "internet access" was a major consideration in moving back since my business would very much depended on it but that case is no longer valid today!

On the other hand, some years back "security of life" was not a major issue in making a relocation decision back home but today, with "Boko Nonsense Bombs" all over the place, one has to think twice before relocating especially when l intend to set up a business moving "refrigerated Beef" from the North, down South where demand is guaranteed! shocked

Thus, Topics like this would ever be relevant and current.

Cheers!

Lastpage!

Agree. Nigeria is rapidly changing, both positively and negatively so it's great to always share experiences
Re: Share Your Experiences Those That Moved Back To Nigeria From Abroad (usa) by ccollins(m): 11:04pm On Apr 20, 2012
Those who say that Nigeria is great are either govt puppets(servants) or they benefit from the bad system (corruption).it show what losers in nigeria,i hope one day,they give account to God about the evils they have perpetrated in the blessed country
Re: Share Your Experiences Those That Moved Back To Nigeria From Abroad (usa) by nnadozy(m): 5:30am On Apr 21, 2012
Interesting topic.

One I have been so weary to talk about since I came back from Nigeria. Before I start please this is my first post on Nairaland. This site really puts me off, because of some non constructive criticism

Am your typical average modernised igbo man in my late 20s.am a Nigerian and am proud to be one, i love all tribes worked in lagos loved yoruba language,learnt hausa in the north during my service year . In the early 90s I followed primetime recordson television watching the likes of Kenny and D1, Plantashion boiz, Idris abulkarim ,tonny tetula grow into stardom overnight ,with a combination of seeing the influx of more job booms after the merger between banks and new oppournities in IT the job market. Not to talk of the ever existing big market in oil in Port Harcourt (the oil city).

Nigeria has changed since the civilian admisnistration came in . In Nigeria there are dreams and You can still make it if You follow the right path which we all know- build your networks well enough.

I always wanted to live my simple life,work in a bank after i graduate in 2006 , get married and have kids, have a car,make long term plan of building a house . I moved over to UK in 2008 for my masters due to loads of disappointments in the job market in Nigeria at that time. I wasnt fascinated with the idea of Abroad. not one bit, To pay rent here, I had to do all types of jobs just to save and measure up to my working class mates in Nigeria, I lived in Birmingham,a nice city cos of the black populace(Carribeans),so i felt a bit at home. I got my masters In 2010. Using my networks , I was head hunted by an international career company to move back to Nigeria, my travel expenses were paid . From the money I got from my hustling I paid for a flat in Ajao estate, got myself a nice SUV jeep to commute to work.

-My horrors in settling down started when I started work. I have fought with conductors,bus drivers, have been hit by trucks and sometimes my car used as brake by molue buses, held illegally by LASMA and the worst of always sick because of the noise from horns and fumes from cars. It was so much too handle. And on getting home no light and then the pain of hearing the whole compounds generator vibrations hammering in on your skull. embarassed

2nd horror- at my job, after tax I get 112k(equivalent to 2 weeks pay at my past security job in UK) a professional job working for a global company. I couldnt live with it , as I was already used to the lifestyle in the UK, I have DSTV,starcomm internet bills to pay , petrol for car n generator, some money in the bank for weekend outings. embarassed

3rd Horror- Career wise, the office was tribalistic, i was shocked. People were denied promotions just cause He is igbo or hausa or just because he has no Godfather. I couldnt even write any professional exam, I have lined up in my mind(Project management courses) embarassed

4th horror- Medical check up- having a high blood pressure at 25, well That was it embarassed

Resigned came back to UK. The saving grace is the company I worked for in Nigeria , was global. So with the skills the employment agencies in UK fixed me in on professional contract work here

Exit plan to return to Nigeria(2012)- This is my opinion, have a 5 year plan in mind in going back home especially as a working class in hard earned poundland like UK. Buying a morgtage here is useless as far am concerned.

Survey a business in Nigeria, someone on this forum made mention of transport businees, good . then also a boutique in Nigeria selling womens cosmetics and clothes especially if they are Janded( average working class ladies in Lagos will pay a fortune in your shops once they know your stuff is original)- why women ,No one buys products like women grin.

Have a registered company,visit Nigeria at least twice or 3 times a year . know the market demands.there are loads of things to buy in UK / Europe /US to ship down to Nigeria. Get a capital from a Nigerian bank.once You show them monthly income in UK, definitely You will get a loan with a considerable interest rate. Best of all if You have a good credit rating in UK.US,Europe. Banks will give You a good loan to start up this business.

Take professional courses/certifications(project management courses,lean sigma exams,human resources courses)- it will be relevant in Nigeria especially when looking for a job after . Build your networks (LINKEDIN especially , sending emails to corporate executives in NIgeria) When in Nigeria, at least attend some corporate seminars . Expose yourself, market yourself. Introuce yourself to the world . wink

Get a good japanese car(petrol consumption low- something simple ) and a good generator set(at least 2) , If you are looking for the best areas( lagos especially) i know of Ikoyi, surulere and some other nice areas or a good flat off in Ikeja. Pay for 2 or 3 years in advance . You can explore Abuja and Port Harcourt as well ( disadvantages of both cities Abuja - Boko Haram Bombs/PH - Kidnapping) take heart and be bold though

Have at least liquid cash of 2 million stored up in a bank somewhere in NIgeria. Best advice no relatives. They tend to spoil this dreams especially they make imaginations it is easy to get the money to set up and also You cant hurt a relative.

Why move back to Nigeria. An African Nation with emerging prospects of oppournities and growing + salivating up coming middle class and the opulent rich. Am Nigeria You are Nigerian. Yes the western countries develpoed all this with honesty and intergrity for their up coming generations in their lands ( so also You can do it for your generations)

Equally the massive boom with the age of social networks this days(Twitter,Facebook,Instagram,Google +, You tube). 10 years from now,the massess needs will continue to change more to westernised and developed African while emulating the western developed countries in the world.

6 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Those That Moved Back To Nigeria From Abroad (usa) by yemmyma: 9:37am On Apr 21, 2012
^^

So you still want to go back to Nigeria? Whats the new impetus for such move after your earlier horror?
Re: Share Your Experiences Those That Moved Back To Nigeria From Abroad (usa) by lastpage: 5:46pm On Apr 21, 2012
^^^^^He has learned from his former mistakes, like trying to live the same way and having the same expectations (like stable power and low noise level, sane drivers! grin "wink of his U.K lifestyle, IN NIGERIA! wink

Now, he is more "physically and mentally prepared" and at times, that is what makes the difference between "success and failure" in a venture: Your mental disposition.

Once you are sound enough to "articulate a problem", half of the job is done, just proffer decent solutions to them and move ahead.

But nnadozy,
I think "Accommodation" is the greatest challenge you will have in Lagos, down the line.

I would suggest you buy a land NOW, do the paper work and fence it off, and you can build at your own convenience in future, when the price could have risen ten fold! That is Lagos for you! angry angry

Lastpage!
Re: Share Your Experiences Those That Moved Back To Nigeria From Abroad (usa) by gsmgold: 12:45am On Apr 22, 2012
lucabrasi:
i v been on here long enough so you r not speakn to a newbie check the date i registered on nland
the op asked about moving to nigeria and i was sharing my experiences based on a 5 months plus stay,unless ou will rather i told her its easy and then she discovers otherwise?
Re: Share Your Experiences Those That Moved Back To Nigeria From Abroad (usa) by SapeleDon: 5:33am On Apr 22, 2012
Nigeria is a beautiful place to live and work in,in as much as you know your onion and be well informed.

I have also noticed a trend that the people that ask about the situation of how Nigeria is are guys that grew up in Nigeria and either went for further studies or the golden guinea in the diaspora,so it beats my imagination why the question?Nations dont change over night as the Nigeria you left a few years ago is still the same Nigeria you will be meeting when you come back.

And,until i see a Nigerian by parentage visiting the country for the first time ask about the situation of the country(Nigeria), i will assume those questions asked here is one of those NOTICE-ME-QUESTIONS-BECAUSE-I DEY ABROAD.

And a quick question to those living in the UK,Una think say una don travel abroad?its funny always when i see somebody living in the UK ask questions about Nigeria. If you live in the UK then dont bother asking about what is obtainable in Nigeria as whatever you are experiencing in the UK is the same you will experience in Nigeria,except for the fact that you will have a more spacious home/house to sleep in Nigeria than the SARDINE CANS(houses small like cells) you call homes in the UK.

OUR PEOPLE MAKE PROVERB SAY THEM DEY CALL MEAT, KPOMO SEF DEY COME SEE HIM BE MEAT. This UK people should stop asking questions on NL because una be KPOMO.

To the OP, there is nothing here anybody can tell you as a matter of adjustability is a personal thing and your experience(s) might be different from others.
Re: Share Your Experiences Those That Moved Back To Nigeria From Abroad (usa) by justwise(m): 7:53am On Apr 22, 2012
Sapele_Don: Nigeria is a beautiful place to live and work in,in as much as you know your onion and be well informed.

I have also noticed a trend that the people that ask about the situation of how Nigeria is are guys that grew up in Nigeria and either went for further studies or the golden guinea in the diaspora,so it beats my imagination why the question?Nations dont change over night as the Nigeria you left a few years ago is still the same Nigeria you will be meeting when you come back.

And,until i see a Nigerian by parentage visiting the country for the first time ask about the situation of the country(Nigeria), i will assume those questions asked here is one of those NOTICE-ME-QUESTIONS-BECAUSE-I DEY ABROAD.

And a quick question to those living in the UK,Una think say una don travel abroad?its funny always when i see somebody living in the UK ask questions about Nigeria. If you live in the UK then dont bother asking about what is obtainable in Nigeria as whatever you are experiencing in the UK is the same you will experience in Nigeria,except for the fact that you will have a more spacious home/house to sleep in Nigeria than the SARDINE CANS(houses small like cells) you call homes in the UK.

OUR PEOPLE MAKE PROVERB SAY THEM DEY CALL MEAT, KPOMO SEF DEY COME SEE HIM BE MEAT. This UK people should stop asking questions on NL because una be KPOMO.

To the OP, there is nothing here anybody can tell you as a matter of adjustability is a personal thing and your experience(s) might be different from others.

You obviously have problem with people living in the UK but how did you arrive at the conclusion that these questions are asked by Nigerians living in the UK?

You think Nigeria and the UK are the same? Strange.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences Those That Moved Back To Nigeria From Abroad (usa) by fasbio(m): 9:54am On Apr 22, 2012
pls don't use naija compare UK cos there is a very big difference btw them, if i may ask I've you been deported from UK? pls answer dat question,

every one in the house please we need comment from the people dat move to Nigeria and they can come back to abroad if they want to not ppl dat can not come back am very sorry to say because since you can not go back, your option is limited and you have no choice than to adopt with naija situation after many years in abroad

more comment pls

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences Those That Moved Back To Nigeria From Abroad (usa) by glowithdan(m): 6:56am On Apr 23, 2012
991:

thanks my dear, you are welcome home too. sincerely speaking, the subsidy period was not funny at all but its a thing of the past now, believe me no country is without economic-crisis, even european countries like greece, italy, etc are experiencing same economic turmoil. one thing that helped me a lot was and still is living my life my own way, i make my plans and stick to it with a positive attitude towards all my undertakings. many of my friends still abroad are imitating my moves now and they are planning to come home and invest.
good luck to you i will send you mail. cheers!!

Thanks for the reply. I'm still checking and waiting for the mail; as you know, time waits for no one.

I believe a few lines can explain everything!

Thanks and kind regards.
Re: Share Your Experiences Those That Moved Back To Nigeria From Abroad (usa) by btasha: 2:02am On Jan 06, 2015
I'm currently in my final year of university, studying Accounting and finance. I have about four months left to finish my degree. My original plan was that when I finish my degrees I'd relocate to Nigeria, but after much research I'm thinking about doing my Masters in a Russell Group university then NYSC. oh btw I'm based in the uk, I'll like to get a very good job in Nigeria but I just don't know how to go about it, yes I have connections but I do not want to rely on ANYONE. Pls give me your advise. And I can't decide on where to do my nysc either Lagos or Abuja bare in mind I'd like to do my nysc where I can get a good job. Ohh also does anymore know about this careers in Africa.?
Re: Share Your Experiences Those That Moved Back To Nigeria From Abroad (usa) by agu12000: 6:14am On Feb 22, 2015
Well,This is my first time posting on naija land and is been overwhelming reading people stories and experiences about moving back....I understand that is a very challenging decision for someone that have lived abroad for a while but i want to tell you guys my story maybe that will help convey my point on this

When i was younger,i was always fascinated with going to America for no justifiable reason but just for the fact that i grow up with the stories that all the successes in life can easily come by going to America ...Then in the late 2005,I graduated from Nnamdi Azikiwe University awka which is where my journey started.....But i originally grow up in the city of Onitsha with very little or no life experience but surrounded by business man and younger folks that believe going to abroad is all that matters in life....A lot of my mate as the time left to Europe....I cant even count how many.....Mostly Poland,UK,Russia just European union and a whole lot of them keep close touch with pictures and all that....Sorry for me....No money,poor background.All i have to work with with my heart,my struggles and my dreams....

Then right after i finish my 4 years degree in unizik...I decided is time to move,with the little money i saved up in school and hassling...I work my Youth service and luckily it worked out,I got posted to Lagos camp....Then life started changing so fast.After one month in camp,I was luckily posted to do my service year with Zenith bank and as a Youth Service member,Life was good and but deep inside my heart,I always believe i was missing something and guess what....Moving to abroad...Again i wasn't too lonely when i was in lagos,My girl friend as of the time when i was in school was equally serving in Eco bank in lagos too...So i was happy been in a bigger city Lagos but not really too happy ...I had one room apartment in Ikeja and things were all good...I was making 40k every month and it was okay for a starter...After my one year service,I was given a permanent position and my salary grow to like 120k off the back....Never was enough for me to just decided that am done with going to abroad because i will always chat to my friends in Europe and all they say is life was good....so in 2007,like 6 to 7 months of been a full time staff in Zenith,i met one American lady that came to a conference in lagos and it happen that she came to zenith bank to withdraw money i paid her and we just started talking and exchange our numbers....We went out couple of times and it was all good...Been so desperate to travel abroad and been the US,I choose that option and before you know it....I got an Immigrant visa,Resign my job and moved to the US....Dream come thru,Then after couple of years....I started missing home......In 2011...I became a US citizen and life was beautiful and i decided to fly to UK to see my old friends that i have a close relationship with...Life was horrible for them when i got there in UK....Most of them after like 6 to 7 years shares small apartment that is far less the apartment i stayed in when i was in Unizik as a student....They all do all kind of jobs i cant ever imagine doing back in Nigeria and even the ones that happens to go to school in UK,and Poland,still don't have a decent job...

Then when i came back to United states after that vacation,i started becoming so obsessed with the thought of moving back home....Back in the US,i didn't have the best of job but i can easily work and make a decent $2000 in a month..Live in a very decent size 3 bed room condo with my wife and can travel around the world and i drive a very nice 2008 Camry back in the state....So to me...Life is good ....America gave me a home but ...Nigeria is still a fatherland...The freedom we had back home was extra ordinary.....The most beautiful in the whole universe....But comes with a lot of price...security,good health and alot more..Think about this......Never know that a healthy man have to still go to the hospital for checks up till i came to America...lol...but still ,I know Nigeria was home and i was willing to try and atleast try and touch some life and educate some folks about western world and try and see if i can make some folks even if just one person understand that life is the same every where in the world.. UK,Canada and Germany,United state....Is the same just as it is in Nigeria...

The point am trying to make is we need to start educating out young folks that it doesn't matter how you started in life or where you are in life,It doesn't matter how your stories is in life ....Nigeria is a home and You can make it if you are willing to try...Mine was just shaped differently and .....Hey...I tell you..I AM ONE OF THE LUCKIEST AND IN THE MIDDLE OF MANY...........My story might not be yours and yours might be harder than mine,No matter which way it is...we need to embrace it and at the best get the education our money can afford... for the folks abroad....Even here in america.....I can only say one thing...The longer you stay abroad,The harder moving back home is....I met a lot of Nigerian here in America,a lot of our stories are different (Mortgage issues,Family,Money,papers and alot) and so is our dreams ,so as it is in UK,Canada,Europe and all the places i have been....As much as all our stories are different on how we ended up here....I never met anybody that said he or she doesn't wanna move back to Nigeria and you know why.....Most of us are tired of living just like who we are truly not.......We all are just afraid of starting all over again and till you overcome that spirit...You can never ever be able to move back home....I can only say just as it is you move to this different countries,You can still move back home and make a different in peoples life...Is never an easy decision ....A lot of struggle and hard times,We all made it thru all and so as it is when we will move back....

This is 2015,I am yet to move back home and i have came to a conclusion,that no matter the amount of money you make or have.....If you are afraid of starting all over again,You wont ever be able to move back to move back.....I can only say try and have a reason of moving back and make sure is something you wanna do,Not forced or move because peter and Paul did...Make sure that's your choice and prepare just as much as you can and....So you can be able to deal with it....Me and my wife is gonna be moving back to Nigeria some time this year and we will try and open up some business back in Nigeria no matter how small it is just to have some sense of responsibility and keep busy..And try and open a foundation to educate Nigerian youths of about Self Realization and Youth Empowerment on education ..All and all...I give God the glory and Hey...Good luck

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Share Your Experiences Those That Moved Back To Nigeria From Abroad (usa) by Rayz94(f): 9:13pm On Jun 28, 2015
I have been following this trend and I appreciate everyone's feedback. However, I am currently an international student in Canada. I will be done with my studies next year. I am considering forgoing the ambition of getting the Canadian permanent residency and move permanently back to Nigeria to reunite with family and friends. Also thinking of starting a business while I move back tho.
Re: Share Your Experiences Those That Moved Back To Nigeria From Abroad (usa) by nylawal(m): 11:49pm On Nov 26, 2016
@agu12000 interesting pie you wrote up there. More ink in your pen. Now that the naira value has dropped now is the best time to invest in Nigeria... before u eventually take the step of moving back!
Re: Share Your Experiences Those That Moved Back To Nigeria From Abroad (usa) by escapefromusa(f): 8:51pm On Nov 27, 2016
Things are never what they seem.

Moving to countries like the UK and US was cool back in the day... that was the 90's. grin

I am returning home soon. I don't understand what people mean by adjustment.

Is their anything you get in America or the UK for free ?

Let's stop kidding ourselves over 92% of Nigerian's that moved abroad (legally or illegally) are struggling to survive grin

Wetin be that Sound Sultan jam......

I remember a conversation, I heard with one americanized Nigerian chick - she go naija think say she go fall all them girls hand, as she enter the scene - omo na she be the learner ! Things are happening in Nigeria - the people complaining are still the same people that have been complaining since 1999 wink

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Those That Moved Back To Nigeria From Abroad (usa) by GEJPosterity: 12:41pm On Jan 23, 2017
WHAT A MISTAKE.
Re: Share Your Experiences Those That Moved Back To Nigeria From Abroad (usa) by AvsGot007(m): 8:40pm On Jan 23, 2017
IT'S DEFINITELY A BAD MISTAKE
Re: Share Your Experiences Those That Moved Back To Nigeria From Abroad (usa) by Ndipe(m): 6:07am On Nov 09, 2018
Visit first before making the decision to move back home finally.
Re: Share Your Experiences Those That Moved Back To Nigeria From Abroad (usa) by yemiosinbajo: 3:33pm On Nov 09, 2018
Rayz94:
I have been following this trend and I appreciate everyone's feedback. However, I am currently an international student in Canada. I will be done with my studies next year. I am considering forgoing the ambition of getting the Canadian permanent residency and move permanently back to Nigeria to reunite with family and friends. Also thinking of starting a business while I move back tho.

Hey, how has this worked out for you now?
Re: Share Your Experiences Those That Moved Back To Nigeria From Abroad (usa) by yemiosinbajo: 3:38pm On Nov 09, 2018
agu12000:
Well,This is my first time posting on naija land and is been overwhelming reading people stories and experiences about moving back....I understand that is a very challenging decision for someone that have lived abroad for a while but i want to tell you guys my story maybe that will help convey my point on this

So, did you guys finally move back?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

This Is The Longest Cable-Stayed Bridge In Africa / Obiano Inaugurates Ogbunike Cave And Owerre Ezukala Water Falls (Photos) / Nigerian Migrants Cry Out After Being Locked Up In Prison In Libya. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.