Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,852 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:16 AM

The "detached" Nigerian Husband - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The "detached" Nigerian Husband (2546 Views)

The Cry Of A Heartbroken Nigerian Husband In Houston whose wife cheated / How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? / How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The "detached" Nigerian Husband by tpia5: 9:07pm On Apr 29, 2011
Waybafool or what do you call yourself

i think you are the real b1tch here, for opening this useless thread.
Re: The "detached" Nigerian Husband by waybaloo: 9:26pm On Apr 29, 2011
tpia

oh my you got problems
Re: The "detached" Nigerian Husband by Odunnu: 9:28pm On Apr 29, 2011
*grabs a seat*
Re: The "detached" Nigerian Husband by Jenifa1: 1:27am On Apr 30, 2011
@OP, are you just realizing this after 7yrs?
nairaland really won't help you un-detatch your husband.

and NO it's not a Nigerian thing. stop spreading racial stereotypes abeg. my parents are each other's best friends. and most nigerian families I know have the same dynamic.
Re: The "detached" Nigerian Husband by OAM4J: 5:38am On Apr 30, 2011
OP

Most African men dont show their emotions openly and you will need to earn their trust to know many of the issues on their mind.

For instance, growing up as a young boy you are told not to cry out like girls and many of us have learnt how to talk less and bottle our emotions while growing up.

I rarely cry and when I do, definitely not in the presence of people. Only once as an I adult I openly wept, and that was when I lost my best friend unexpectedly.
Re: The "detached" Nigerian Husband by premedshow: 3:45am On May 01, 2011
Ask him nicely am sure he would tell you, it's probably not just as a result of a situation but as a result of countless. He maybe irritated or tired of the way you behave to certain situations ( that's why you are two different people). Try to understand where he is coming from, listen and don't draw into conclusions or nag him, that might piss him off! and lastly pray and ask God to help you! Good Luck! smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Cry For Help / Why Does The Female's Name Comes First In Wedding Banns? / Can Not Being Intimate Throughout In Pregnancy Prolong Labour?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.