Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,422 members, 7,781,228 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:57 AM

I Need Linux CDs - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / I Need Linux CDs (3503 Views)

Get Free Fedora Linux Training, Cds, Flyers, T-shirts And More / Wazobia Linux: A New Nigerian Linux Distro! / Linux or Windows Operating System? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Linux CDs by skima(m): 11:41am On Feb 09, 2006
I have been tryin to install linux on my system but the cd i bought in Cvillage was bad. the media check failed.

Am scared of that ikeja guys i don't want to go and come back from Cvillage.

Anyone here who have installed and running linux should please tell me how i can get a better one or if burn from urs.

I live in Lagos. (Ogba-ikeja) Also lives in Ketu sha. phone 08027924441 (sheriff)
Thanks
Re: I Need Linux CDs by skima(m): 9:29pm On Feb 11, 2006
I got red hat linux 9.2 now but have prob booting.
Re: I Need Linux CDs by Ynot(m): 1:39am On Feb 12, 2006
Visit distrowatch. They've got links to different flavors/distros. I don't know your type of connection, but normally it will take you give or take an hour to download on a broadband network.
Re: I Need Linux CDs by alexis(m): 1:42am On Feb 28, 2006
Go to http://www.pogolinux.com/systems/linuxcd.html. They give out free Fedora 2 core cds, they will send it from the states to you but you will have to convince them that you are interested in using it. Also try ubuntu in SA, they send out free cds too. Hope that helps
Re: I Need Linux CDs by AbujaBoy(m): 4:55pm On Mar 07, 2006
I have:
Slackware 10.2 iso (disk 1) x68
Gentoo Universal 2005.1 iso x86
Ubuntu 5.10 iso x86
Arch Linux i686.
If you're interested in any of them, I can burn you a copy and send it to you when I get to lagos, bring your own CD's please, I can't afford most of the luxuries that Seun takes for granted. wink
Re: I Need Linux CDs by skima(m): 5:55am On Mar 08, 2006
i have empty CDs . when u get to lagos u may gv me a call,  or i do. 08027924441

ubuntu or gentoo
Re: I Need Linux CDs by AbujaBoy(m): 5:02am On Mar 10, 2006
Alright.
080-568-666-58
Re: I Need Linux CDs by skima(m): 4:08pm On Mar 10, 2006
okay thanx,

i just called you now. am sheriff by name.
Re: I Need Linux CDs by blackweaver(m): 1:13pm On Mar 17, 2006
depending on the type of distro u want u might want to do what i did; i presently use slackware, originally all i did was download Basic Linux 2 which is a very scaled down (2 -floppy) version of slackware 7.1 then i started downloading modules from the main distro; that way i have a full distro from scratch
Re: I Need Linux CDs by roflmao: 1:51pm On Mar 17, 2006
Ok I been reading this forum for a while now and just registered to help ya'll to the best I can. Here's the deal though:

I've an original FC4 installation DVD and 5 original Ubuntu installation CD package(each package = 1 DVD + 1 Live CD). I'm pretty much willing to give away 4 of the Ubuntus and can burn the FC4 for who ever wishes to have.

From my guessing there quite a mix of people at different countries on here but most are in Nigeria. Prob is I'm in the UK and I'm not sure if posting to Nigeria will ever succeed(I've posted thrice and never delivered!) but we can only hope it does

I've tried both o'em but I currently run Ubuntu on my laptop cos it's dope as, (can I swear on here?). My main reason though is that my home internet connection is wireless and FC4 sucked at that but Ethernet was aight when I trie though. Cos I'm kinda an intermediate user I needed the internet to get help online to solve problems and be more confident so I'd to dump FC4 but Ubuntu's wireless was flawless when I installed it.

So there you have it. If u wanna get ur hand on it then get @ me real quick before I dish 'em all out

One
Re: I Need Linux CDs by skima(m): 10:57pm On Mar 17, 2006
ive been longing for this CDs and still havent got any. Any1 that thinks is gonna be of help should do someting.

thanx
Re: I Need Linux CDs by qleyo(f): 12:31pm On Mar 21, 2006
Someone please give him Knoppix cheesy
Re: I Need Linux CDs by alexis(m): 3:20pm On Mar 26, 2006
qleyo

Download it sweetheart and burn it to your CD ROM - http://www.knoppix.org/
Re: I Need Linux CDs by pasuma(m): 12:18pm On Apr 18, 2006
what linux flavour do u really need ? i have suse linux 10.0, 9.3,9.2, and SLES 9,

so pick ur choice and 'll come 2 ur rescue ! wink

paso lomo erin lomo,
Re: I Need Linux CDs by skima(m): 12:25pm On Apr 18, 2006
Any one. just wanna get to work in linux environment. Then i can later test others.
Re: I Need Linux CDs by pasuma(m): 1:18pm On Apr 24, 2006
how do i get it across 2 you ( 5 cds in all), coz i'm in surulere

pasolomo. cool
Re: I Need Linux CDs by skima(m): 1:51pm On Apr 25, 2006
A friend's office is in surulere, i think thats close to your. or better still ill come over my self.

u may gv me ur contact address or any meeting point closer to you.
this is my number 08027924441
Re: I Need Linux CDs by pasuma(m): 10:28am On Apr 26, 2006
u can equally call me on 08030799930,when u get 2 s/lere i can easily come over and check on u,
Re: I Need Linux CDs by Okusanya(m): 12:42pm On May 08, 2006
Plse could anyone help me with Fedora Core4 Cds. I have the foru Cds but my Cd 4 is faulty. Any one wit useful info can get me on 08038344942, 08057955508 or on kniyitimantin@yahoo.com thanx
Re: I Need Linux CDs by Nobody: 7:04pm On May 25, 2006
I can get u the ubuntu open source linux cd.
Re: I Need Linux CDs by h4rdc0d3d(m): 5:51pm On Jun 27, 2006
You need a Linux Cd , visit www.shipit.ubuntu.com Its free At least I got 5 copies plus the one I gave my school teacher. It might cost you if you are in Nigeria but Its worth a try besides it gets to your doorstep.
Re: I Need Linux CDs by parosky(m): 9:53am On Jun 29, 2006
h4rdc0d3d:

You need a Linux Cd , visit www.shipit.ubuntu.com Its free At least I got 5 copies plus the one I gave my school teacher. It might cost you if you are in Nigeria but Its worth a try besides it gets to your doorstep.

Yes it only cost getting to their web site,completing their form, and waiting for about 2 weeks. Nothing more. No money involved.
Re: I Need Linux CDs by qleyo(f): 4:02pm On Aug 20, 2006
Download it sweetheart and burn it to your CD ROM - http://www.knoppix.org/

No no not meee, I said give "him" its a nice linux distro. I have knoppix, but I can't send it to him because I'm miles away.
Re: I Need Linux CDs by mimohmi(m): 1:00am On Aug 24, 2006
Hi guys,
This man call skima appear to real o. Seun, please allow this post for once. We are not English
people. This skima of a guy was chasesd by a cheater yesterday, the cheater pursue am so
ta, the cheater come tire, just because of Ubuntu cds, and him come land me
one, make una help me hail am. The guy na real man.
Re: I Need Linux CDs by rock2(m): 6:57am On Aug 24, 2006
skima:

Any one. just want to get to work in linux environment. Then i can later test others.
ive got these BSDs. i don't know if they work like linux but they could be sent through email. alternatively you could go to planetmirror and download a small sized linux then gradually download other needed RPMs to make it more complete.
Re: I Need Linux CDs by Bossman(m): 1:54pm On Sep 07, 2006
I just want to mention that I ordered the ubuntu CD from the link below about 9 days ago and I received it yesterday. I'd say that's super fast! Considering that it was shipped from the Netherlands. So, that's probably the easiest way to get it. Assuming they will ship to Lagos of course. If you still want it , but can't get a hold of it, I do not mind burning the CD for you, since I will be in Lagos in a few weeks. You just have to meet me somewhere. Email me if you so desire.

https://shipit.ubuntu.com/myrequest
Re: I Need Linux CDs by hayprof(m): 5:00pm On Sep 10, 2006
@All I am interested in this Linux OS as well
But I think i am comfused see different version of it
Can u guys pls tell me more about am the main/current/good one, one can get.
I heard U can use a Linux OS witout Removing Windows, How true is dis?
I hear it is a boot frm Cd thing undecided
Re: I Need Linux CDs by mimohmi(m): 12:54am On Sep 11, 2006
@ heyprof
Using Linux is quite interesting and fun. It provide you with lot of challenges. I run the Redhat version on my desktop and ubuntu version
on my amd gateway laptop. The thing with Linux is that if you know one migrating to other version is always easy. The only area you might
have to work on might be package manager, the Redhat version uses the Redhat package manager(RPM) while other version uses the debian package manager, both of these handles your program installation. You can also use the never say old binary files for installing softwares on Linux systems.
Running more one OS on a system is called dual or multiple booting systems, all you need do is install a boot loader, which manages the way your
system boots, you can tell the boot loader which OS you want to run. Note that Linux and windows can never ever reside on the same partition,
you must create a partition for Linux and windows respectively. It always advisable to install windows before Linux
Re: I Need Linux CDs by hayprof(m): 11:39am On Sep 11, 2006
mimoh_mi :tanx, for the light.
I want u tell me the exact perfect one of the version i can use on my Hp laptop.
About the boot loader and program managers i need u to throw more light i.e specs of the ones uve tried out that i can use, i dont want a try an error thing on my pc,
U can teach me how to make partitions on my pc.
[I am new in this]
I also want to know about the liveCD thing and if neccesary i will want to get one.
tanx, wink
Re: I Need Linux CDs by Ynot(m): 12:02pm On Sep 11, 2006
hayprof:

mimoh_mi :thanks, for the light.
I want u tell me the exact perfect one of the version i can use on my Hp laptop.
About the boot loader and program managers i need u to throw more light i.e specs of the ones uve tried out that i can use, i don't want a try an error thing on my pc,
U can teach me how to make partitions on my pc.
[I am new in this]
I also want to know about the liveCD thing and if neccesary i will want to get one.
thanks, wink

Hey buddy, screwing things up is a part of learning. I don't think you will find anyone that will hold your hand and 'teach' you everything you must know about Linux. If you are not ready to take that chance, forget Linux or get the LiveCD like you said. What works for him might not work for you. You already have the general idea what Linux is about. Its now left for you to take that and run with it. Then ask questions along the way. Experiment! Experiment!! Experiment!!! Thats how learning works.
Re: I Need Linux CDs by mimohmi(m): 12:11am On Sep 13, 2006
Hey guys,
Never mind, i understand how much you people want to get on with Linux based systems.
For now i never thought my last post will take me this far, my Promise is to contribute to my old
pal's thread on Linux based system. Pls am preparing a little note on that, which i hope to post
by weekend. Please stay close and tight.
Re: I Need Linux CDs by Nwankpa(m): 1:24pm On Sep 13, 2006
hi guys,am kinda new into the IT world,and i really need all the encouragment i could get.am studyin the 10gdba,but sincerely i dont know wat the linux programme is talking about.cheers!

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Change Your Device IP Address To Any Location Of Your Choice / Squid Proxy Server Configuration / Please I Need Help With My Hp Pavillion Dv9930ef Notebook.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.