Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

Road Accident Data In Nigeria - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Road Accident Data In Nigeria (5537 Views)

30 People Die In Kogi Road Accident Today / Photo: 2 Die In Ilorin Road Accident / BRT Bus Involved In Road Accident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Road Accident Data In Nigeria by danoba: 2:37pm On Jul 12, 2007
Hello All,

I need to get some real time infomation on road accidents seen or heard of since year 2000.

I am working collecting road accident data which may help in reducing road accidents in certain death traps on our roads.

You will agree with me that our records culture in Nigeria is faulty and we need to do something about it.

NPF and FRSC does not have very good records of road mishaps.

It will be appreciated if update the attached spreadsheet and return to my box.

Many thanks

kiss
Danoba
[demmi_oba@hotmail.com]

Re: Road Accident Data In Nigeria by DisGuy: 10:41pm On Jul 16, 2007
if the NPF and FRSC do not have good records, how in this world do you expect the ordinary people to know? undecided
Re: Road Accident Data In Nigeria by danoba: 11:01am On Jul 23, 2007
thanks Dis Guy,

I dont mind if all you have is narration of one or two road accident you have seen or experienced. Dates and cause of accidents to be included.

We need to get as much past data as possible,  LASTMA, NPF and FRSC are presently working on current data to improve prevention of such occurences.

Many thanks
Re: Road Accident Data In Nigeria by danoba: 11:46am On Jul 23, 2007
thanks Dis Guy,

I wont mind if all you have is narration of one or two road accident you have seen or experienced. Dates and cause of accidents to be included.

We need to get as much past data as possible, LASTMA, NPF and FRSC are presently working on current data to improve prevention of such occurences.

Many thanks
Re: Road Accident Data In Nigeria by intune(f): 4:56pm On Jul 23, 2007
A close relative had an accident somewhere in up north. It was caused by trailers being parked on a very narrow road and the driver not being able to estimate the speed with which an oncoming vehicle was approaching . The driver went to the oncoming lane while trying to overtake the stationary trailer but an oncoming vehicle was about to run into him headlong. In a bid to avoid being hit, the driver swerved sideways into the stationary trailer and tore the other side of the bus completely. This resulted in broken arms and legs, head injuries and amputated arms for the passengers on that side and subsequent death.

Hope this helps.
Re: Road Accident Data In Nigeria by intune(f): 5:00pm On Jul 23, 2007
soorry, i forgot to add:

date: april 2004
Re: Road Accident Data In Nigeria by 2old4that(m): 8:03pm On Jul 23, 2007
well Danoba, its nice to know that someone really value statistics couple with our nonchallant attitude to anything pertaining to such.

I have been working on this project for sometime now!
There is actually a book that has just been launched (10th April, 2007). Everything u need about road, aviation, marine accidents from 1998 to 2005 is nested in this book; title "We All Had To Run".

Here is a PDF extract from a page in the book to buttress my points.

I hope it will help.

Re: Road Accident Data In Nigeria by mellow(m): 7:40am On Jul 25, 2007
many have gone! Be careful.
Re: Road Accident Data In Nigeria by danoba: 8:40am On Jul 25, 2007
Intune wink,

Thanks for the info
  but in what state of the federation and on which of the roads did the accident occur?

2old4that cheesy,

Am grateful you aint too old for this,
Could you please let me know where i can buy this book.

warm regards all kiss,

danoba
Re: Road Accident Data In Nigeria by MP007(m): 11:19am On Jul 29, 2007
u want to get estimate data ? hehehe grin grin, does ur ministry of work have a website, do they even function at all, estimate ma foot , u better go siddon
Re: Road Accident Data In Nigeria by creamdream: 12:40pm On Nov 16, 2007
True word
Re: Road Accident Data In Nigeria by readers35: 10:45am On May 31, 2010
well great post and really informative and like it,
yesterday i was watching a video of accident of construction accident check it.
Re: Road Accident Data In Nigeria by kimmi11: 9:10am On Jan 25, 2012
The car accidents occur, when the concentration of the driver’s becomes diverted from the way. When we drive the car, we should not attempts the phone calls, don’t read anything and don’t put CD’s in the players while driving.
injury lawyer tampa

(1) (Reply)

Help Nissan Maxima Not Accelerating / 2007 2.5L Volkswagen Jetta Overheating / 2005 Honda Accord EX Jerking Issues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.