Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,317 members, 7,808,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:34 AM

Can You Date A Girl That Won't Cook For You? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Date A Girl That Won't Cook For You? (14120 Views)

Photos: Guys Can You Date This Beatiful Damsel? / Top 10 Categories Of People That Won't Bother About Valentine's Day / Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Date A Girl That Won't Cook For You? by Nobody: 6:53am On Apr 29, 2011
Chineke mo! God forbid dangerous thing. At the rate at which girls r searching for husband, shey u wan make the girl put otumokpo for inside my food? Thank Baba that my mum and university friends taught me how to cook.

1 Like

Re: Can You Date A Girl That Won't Cook For You? by InkedNerd(f): 6:54am On Apr 29, 2011
ekt_bear:

Then what is wrong with me just wanting to just work and spend my time out of work just doing stuff I like?  undecided If both sides play that game of self-centeredness, then the relationship will fall apart fast.

There has to be give and take here, there cannot be "me me me" and selfishness in a relationship.

Life cannot be about what you want only. Give and take + compromise has to be the way to do things.

Lol, yeah, for your own sake I'm glad you are joking wink

Hmmmm, nice answer.

Please bear me on my responses to you wink . . .

I wasn't trying to say that it should be a "me, me, me" situation. My questions are based on the notions that some men have that it is a woman's "place" to cook. I personally like your response, I find them to be quite refreshing compared to what I've seen from other men [not that I think you're all the same].
Re: Can You Date A Girl That Won't Cook For You? by ektbear: 7:08am On Apr 29, 2011
I think the main thing is fairness.

If you don't like cooking, then fine, you'll be responsible for:
A) taking out the trash
B) fixing stuff that gets broken in the house
C) mowing the lawn (or paying the money for the lawn to be mowed, mulched, etc)
D) servicing the cars
E) dealing with the mechanic
F) dealing with the dude from Sears when the washing machine breaks down and needs to get fixed
G) changing lightbulbs
H) getting the hole in the wall fixed after one of the kids broke it
I) Supervising the construction workers who we hired to renovate the kitchen
J) And all the other tasks the man is responsible for

If a woman prefers being responsible for doing all of the above to cooking and cleaning, fine by me  smiley

All I know is that from observing how my own parents interact and the HEAVY amount of errands my mom makes me run when I'm in town supposed to be chillaxing, nobody can tell me I won't be working as hard as the other person in the relationship.
Re: Can You Date A Girl That Won't Cook For You? by BABE3: 7:13am On Apr 29, 2011
I LOVE THIS CHICK! SHE REMINDS ME OF ME, especially the way she talks! lmao

That sex scene was mad funny! hehe
Re: Can You Date A Girl That Won't Cook For You? by InkedNerd(f): 7:14am On Apr 29, 2011
ekt_bear:

I think the main thing is fairness.

If you don't like cooking, then fine, you'll be responsible for:
A) taking out the trash
B) fixing stuff that gets broken in the house
C) mowing the lawn (or paying the money for the lawn to be mowed, mulched, etc)
D) servicing the cars
E) dealing with the mechanic
F) dealing with the dude from Sears when the washing machine breaks down and needs to get fixed
G) changing lightbulbs
H) getting the hole in the wall fixed after one of the kids broke it
I) and all the other tasks that a man typically is supposed to do.
J) Supervising the construction workers who we hired to renovate the kitchen
K) And all the other tasks the man is responsible for

If a woman prefers being responsible for doing all of the above to cooking and cleaning, fine by me  smiley

All I know is that from observing how my own parents interact and the HEAVY amount of errands my mom makes me run when I'm in town supposed to be chillaxing, nobody can tell me I won't be working as hard as the other person in the relationship.

No problem, I'm all for compromise as long as I'm not told that it is my "job" to cook. By the way, you as a man are not responsible for all of those things wink There's more to you than servicing cars and fixing holes.

P.S.
I can do a couple of the things on the list grin

BABE!:

I LOVE THIS CHICK! SHE REMINDS ME OF ME, especially the way she talks! lmao

That sex scene was mad funny! hehe

Yo BABE!, are you watching tv? Do you see what I'm seeing?
Re: Can You Date A Girl That Won't Cook For You? by BABE3: 7:18am On Apr 29, 2011
^^ Inkiru! BaBy geh, What's going on on TV?  cheesy The wedding?
Re: Can You Date A Girl That Won't Cook For You? by InkedNerd(f): 7:19am On Apr 29, 2011
BABE!:

^^ Inkiru! BaBy geh, What's going on on TV?  cheesy The wedding?

Yes grin
Re: Can You Date A Girl That Won't Cook For You? by BABE3: 7:24am On Apr 29, 2011
It hasn't started, has it.? Geez, or am I late?

It starts at 4.00 am on TLC.
Re: Can You Date A Girl That Won't Cook For You? by InkedNerd(f): 7:25am On Apr 29, 2011
BABE!:

It hasn't started, has it. Geez, or am I late?

No it hasn't started officially but from what I'm seeing, news reporters are there doing some pre-coverage reporting.

I'm still trying to pick which channel I wanna watch it on grin
Re: Can You Date A Girl That Won't Cook For You? by BABE3: 7:28am On Apr 29, 2011
^^ Are you gonna watch the real thing? I'm probably gonna be sleeping!  smiley

Oh yh did you watch ABDC! If you did, I'm sure you liked the the judging on Iconic crew.! tongue
Re: Can You Date A Girl That Won't Cook For You? by InkedNerd(f): 7:31am On Apr 29, 2011
^^^ No, I didn't watch ABDC. lol, I know you think I have it out for those kids but I don't. I will admit, their good dancers but ABDC isn't the place for them.
Re: Can You Date A Girl That Won't Cook For You? by BABE3: 7:33am On Apr 29, 2011
^^^ Yh, the judges addressed that same point today, and it was kinda dramatic! cheesy
Re: Can You Date A Girl That Won't Cook For You? by InkedNerd(f): 7:37am On Apr 29, 2011
^^^ That's what my sister told me when she watched it. Oh well, when I watch it, I'll get back to you so we can talk about the show.
Re: Can You Date A Girl That Won't Cook For You? by BABE3: 8:02am On Apr 29, 2011
^^Good Good! Oh yh, do you like my profile picture?! grin
Re: Can You Date A Girl That Won't Cook For You? by InkedNerd(f): 8:15am On Apr 29, 2011
Yupp, I love it grin

Re: Can You Date A Girl That Won't Cook For You? by BABE3: 8:22am On Apr 29, 2011
^^ She reminds me of the Witch Queen of England! cheesy
Re: Can You Date A Girl That Won't Cook For You? by InkedNerd(f): 8:35am On Apr 29, 2011
^^^ Ah ah, don't insult Susan Boyle like that grin
Re: Can You Date A Girl That Won't Cook For You? by alagha: 9:30am On Apr 29, 2011
yes!,but i would not marry a wife who won't cook for me.
Re: Can You Date A Girl That Won't Cook For You? by kandiikane(m): 9:57am On Apr 29, 2011
@Ekt_bear, cooking for boyfriend is not old fashion, in most culture/traditions, you have to marry the woman first before tasting her food.
Re: Can You Date A Girl That Won't Cook For You? by kandiikane(m): 9:59am On Apr 29, 2011
Girls are you watching the Wedding?

I have never seen so many weird hats and fascinators in my entire life shocked

But some people have dressed very nicely. smiley
Re: Can You Date A Girl That Won't Cook For You? by snthesis(m): 2:01pm On Apr 29, 2011
ofcourse- as long as she opens the kini cool cool
Re: Can You Date A Girl That Won't Cook For You? by kodewrita(m): 2:12pm On Apr 29, 2011
my problem is that they all want to cook for me and get angry that I dont want to eat(lets not get trapped ). scared of #washput
Re: Can You Date A Girl That Won't Cook For You? by deniyor: 2:36pm On Apr 29, 2011
Video is hillarious.
@Topic
Nope. But I won't rule out casual sex.
Re: Can You Date A Girl That Won't Cook For You? by Jenifa1: 1:03am On Apr 30, 2011
kandiikane:

Girls are you watching the Wedding?

I have never seen so many weird hats and fascinators in my entire life shocked

But some people have dressed very nicely. smiley

lollol I'm tired of hearing abt the wedding abeg
Re: Can You Date A Girl That Won't Cook For You? by UncleJJ(m): 4:42am On Apr 30, 2011
Read most of the pOv'z, the girls are confused about the cooking issue.

(1). If a girl can truly cook, she will cook for you, girlfriend or girl-friend.

(2). Cooking is something every woman should be proud of, and should learn to see it as one place where she can have advantage over the "other" girl.

(3). If a guy, stayed home till he got a little older. like 20-25 before he got his own place, it would hard for a girl to match his moms cooking cos he would have grown accustomed to very well prepared meals, some even customized to preference

(4). If a girl, i truly have interest in, says she wont cook for me. I would end the relationship immediately, see (1).

My lil sis is 20 yrs old and she cooks several and i mean several dishes- hausa, ibo, yoruba and calabar. You could wake her at 2am and she would be willing to cook. She make's my elder sis egusi taste like ashes,

When a girl can cook, you dont need a pastor or alfa to tell you she is wife material.
Re: Can You Date A Girl That Won't Cook For You? by Jenifa1: 4:50am On Apr 30, 2011
^ yea tons of men aren't making 6 figure salary and therefore are not husband material either.
there is always someone for everyone.
Re: Can You Date A Girl That Won't Cook For You? by Pweety4me(f): 12:43pm On Apr 30, 2011
The babe is actually really funny!i watched her vids last nite, she's malaysian/igbo. . .and gorgeous 2 as you can see, you guys might want to even check out her blog! smiley

http://hungryabagal..com/2011/02/yagazie-emezi-aba-to-albuquerque.html
Re: Can You Date A Girl That Won't Cook For You? by kobikwelu(m): 7:09pm On Apr 30, 2011
as usual, such a harmles topic degenerates into feminists vs masulinists

#MegaSmh

look at this on two fronts ,

if we are dating, i dont expect u to cook for me because i aint put a seal on you, besides, i dont wat you to cramp my space,

but if we are married,

u will cook for me,  cos that part of your role in the family, dont get me wrong (before im stabbed by feminists) i can on occasional days cook just for love (and prolly pre-intimacy tongue) but it must not be  a  rule,
so also will i carry out my roles in the family like servicing your car, taking it to the mechanic, taking out the trash and other roles reserved for me,

fact is marriage is an institution with specific roles for the woman and the man,

as long as this status quo is maintained, the marriage is headed in the right direction,

ps: i dont expect you to wash my clothes, iron my clothes, just make me happy and our love would be strong,

besides, most women prefer their kitchen as their personal space.
Re: Can You Date A Girl That Won't Cook For You? by Pweety4me(f): 7:38pm On Apr 30, 2011
^^^Dat's it wink cool
Re: Can You Date A Girl That Won't Cook For You? by MrsChima(f): 7:42pm On Apr 30, 2011
A proud Feminist. cheesy grin cool
Re: Can You Date A Girl That Won't Cook For You? by 190: 7:42pm On Apr 30, 2011
Re: Can You Date A Girl That Won't Cook For You?

NO!!

Why wont she cook for me,

would she date me without me giving her money!!
Re: Can You Date A Girl That Won't Cook For You? by Dsense(m): 7:46pm On Apr 30, 2011
OP.

No!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Things Women Do Better Than Men. / Why You Should Cook For Your Partner / Do African Men Prefer Bigger Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.