Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,047 members, 7,807,141 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:13 AM

List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc (32044 Views)

Ogun State Stops Payment Of Corp Members / Youth Corpers Boarding A Lorry In Bauchi. (pics) / Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc by Nobody: 3:14pm On Apr 29, 2011
The names of the deceased are: Teidi Tosin Olawale (from Osun State, BSc Computer Science); Nkwazema Anslem Chukwunonyerem (Imo State, HND Electrical Electronic Engineering), Okpokiri Obinna Michael (Abia State, BSc Environmental Management), Adowei Elliot (Bayelsa State, BSc Computer Science) and Adewunmi Seun Paul (Ekiti State, BSc, Social Sciences).
Others are Adeniji Kehinde Jehleel (Osun State, BSc Banking & Finance), Gbenjo Ebenezer Ayotunde (Osun State, BSc, Education Economics), Ukeoma Ikechukwu Chibuzor (Imo State, BSc Medical Microbiology) and Akonyi Ibrahim Sule (Kogi State, HND Business Administration).

The deceased are to be given national burials after the organisation has liaised with their parents. President Goodluck Jonathan is expected to be represented by governors of the states where the slain corps members hailed from.

1 Like

Re: List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc by Pukkah: 3:38pm On Apr 29, 2011
Sad, sad, sad. When will these senseless, reckless, and mindless killings stop?
Re: List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc by Babylove1(f): 3:43pm On Apr 29, 2011
sad indeed, cant imagine what theirs parents would be going through now
Re: List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc by Fhemmmy: 3:45pm On Apr 29, 2011
See future leaders and those that might have changed the nation gone . . . . . . RIP
Re: List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc by Nobody: 3:54pm On Apr 29, 2011
May their gentle soul rest in the bosom of the Lord. RIP!
Re: List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc by Seun(m): 3:58pm On Apr 29, 2011
Source please?
Re: List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc by olabukola: 3:59pm On Apr 29, 2011
Sooooo Sad. Southerners should do something. Even Corp member from Kogi.
3 ibo
4 yoruba
1 Ijaw
1 Kogi.

Future leaders.
Re: List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc by Xfactoria: 4:02pm On Apr 29, 2011
It is not enough to give state burial. We want the perpetrators to be brought to book!!! That will be the only succour to our bleeding hearts.

See the worth of human capital this animals in Bauchi have wasted. I really feel like retaliating on Yuguda's children, so these guys' "destinies" can be shared by his sons and daughters too since according to him, it is their destiny to die from attack by the animals he governs.
Re: List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc by satani22: 4:08pm On Apr 29, 2011
hear what the yeye Gov of Bauchi had to say

Yuguda was reacting to a question that bordered on the brutal murder of non-indigenes, including at least nine corps members, in his domain when rioters overran the state after President Goodluck Jonathan was declared winner of the presidential election. Over 50 people were reportedly killed during the violence while 90 churches were also burnt.

He said, “They (corps members) were destined to experience what they experienced. Nobody can run away from destiny. When they were serving me, they were the happiest in Nigeria.“Immediately I handed them over to INEC, it was the responsibility of INEC to protect them. They were not the only ones affected. My own house was burnt; they almost lynched my first son. It is part of their destiny. I was also attacked as a corps member in Ibadan in 1979.
Re: List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc by Odunnu: 4:27pm On Apr 29, 2011
#mourning mood reactivated!
Re: List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc by state84: 5:11pm On Apr 29, 2011
May you all rest in peace and may God in His infinite mercy grant your families the fortitude and comfort needed to bear your loss.
Re: List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc by EzeUche3(m): 5:12pm On Apr 29, 2011
An Abian son cut down in cold blood! angry
Re: List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc by seanet02: 5:16pm On Apr 29, 2011
Sad!!
Re: List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc by EzeUche3(m): 5:18pm On Apr 29, 2011
What is most pathetic about this situation is that the parents of these deceased Corp members invested so much time and love in raising their children who were able to graduate from college to only have them cut down by some backward illiterate people!
Re: List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc by Obiagu1(m): 5:29pm On Apr 29, 2011
The deceased corps members cut across the New Southern Nigeria: SW, SE, SW and parts of Middle Belt.
This is the new divide and has to remain so.

So sad to lose a loved one. sad
Re: List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc by daylae(m): 6:09pm On Apr 29, 2011
Am also very particular about the unintelligent statement of the bauchi gov. He is by far a dummy to have been a gov of a state.
Re: List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc by state84: 6:12pm On Apr 29, 2011
@ Seun

Slain Corps Members to Get National Burial

The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) has confirmed that the nine serving corps members (CMs), all young men, who were killed by rioters in Bauchi State following the April 16 presidential election, will be given a national burial.

And speaking in Lagos Thursday, Professor Wole Soyinka, expressed dismay over last week’s violence in some parts of the North, saying it was clear to every discerning mind that the mayhem had long been conceived.

In adverts placed in national dailies and electronic media across the country today, the NYSC lamented that CMs who had added credibility to the electoral process became targets of some disgruntled people who were not satisfied with the results of the elections.

The names of the deceased are: Teidi Tosin Olawale (from Osun State, BSc Computer Science); Nkwazema Anslem Chukwunonyerem (Imo State, HND Electrical Electronic Engineering), Okpokiri Obinna Michael (Abia State, BSc Environmental Management), Adowei Elliot (Bayelsa State, BSc Computer Science) and Adewunmi Seun Paul (Ekiti State, BSc, Social Sciences).

Others are Adeniji Kehinde Jehleel (Osun State, BSc Banking & Finance), Gbenjo Ebenezer Ayotunde (Osun State, BSc, Education Economics), Ukeoma Ikechukwu Chibuzor (Imo State, BSc Medical Microbiology) and Akonyi Ibrahim Sule (Kogi State, HND Business Administration).
The deceased are to be given national burials after the organisation has liaised with their parents. President Goodluck Jonathan is expected to be represented by governors of the states where the slain corps members hailed from.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/
Re: List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc by nwaafo1: 7:26pm On Apr 29, 2011
and today was actually supposed to be Aik Ukeoma's birthday, it's so painful to see some of his friends wish him a happy birthday on his facebook page angry. RIP
Re: List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc by Dave6: 7:43pm On Apr 29, 2011
From Bauchi State Governor:
“They (corps members) were destined to experience  what they experienced Nobody can run away from destiny.  When they were serving me, they were the happiest in  Nigeria.“Immediately I handed them over to INEC, it was the  responsibility of INEC to protect them. They were not the only  ones affected. My own house was burnt; they almost lynched  my first son. It is part of their destiny. I was also attacked as  a corps member in Ibadan in 1979

Most likely, this guy was under the influence of something!

1 Like

Re: List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc by 13volts(m): 8:00pm On Apr 29, 2011
I pray almighty Allah will strike his fury on those that perpetuated this satanic act, God your wrath should start in this world and in the hereafter.
Re: List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc by EzeUche3(m): 8:02pm On Apr 29, 2011
nwa afo:

and today was actually supposed to be Aik Ukeoma's birthday, it's so painful to see some of his friends wish him a happy birthday on his facebook page angry. RIP
angry angry angry angry
Re: List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc by revomind(m): 8:38pm On Apr 29, 2011
This is just too sad. Too sad.

The helplessness. The realization and the shock that one's life is about to be taken just like that. The mob. The screams. Family. Friends.

Sometimes I can't help but wonder what the purpose is actually, Why?
Re: List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc by revomind(m): 8:52pm On Apr 29, 2011

The helplessness. The realization and the shock that one's life is about to be taken just like that. The mob. The screams. Family. Friends.

Re: List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc by revomind(m): 9:01pm On Apr 29, 2011

Re: List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc by MaiSuya(m): 9:05pm On Apr 29, 2011
very sad
Re: List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc by ebor(m): 9:42pm On Apr 29, 2011
very sad. The Gov.'s comment is most irresponsible and condemnable. No wonder d NYSC DG blamed d senseless killing on the failure of governance in the state.
Re: List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc by alex101(m): 9:55pm On Apr 29, 2011
And some fools from southern nigeria act as if it's only Igbo that is killed angry It's amazing what cowardice can turn some people into. Your best friend can turn into your worst enemy if he/she is a coward. Hausa/fulani kill their kith and kin, and they say it's Igbo that are killed. I bet if the Igbo decide to launch a full scale "war" against the hausa/fulani in order to avenge the death of fallen Igbos in the north, thesame southerners whose sons and daughters were killed in the north would cower and join the hausa/fulani to fight against Ndigbo (this was the exact scenario in 1966) angry

COWARDICE IS A DISEASE! IT WAS A DISEASE IN THE YEARS 1967-1970 AND IT'S STILL A DISEASE THAT STILL STINKS IN THE SOUTHERN NIGERIA OF 2011
Re: List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc by tpia5: 10:44pm On Apr 29, 2011
^Please let the dead rest in peace.

You're obviously typing in fury.

Calm down.
Re: List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc by sbeezy8: 12:44am On Apr 30, 2011
alex101:

And some fools from southern nigeria act as if it's only Igbo that is killed angry It's amazing what cowardice can turn some people into. Your best friend can turn into your worst enemy if he/she is a coward. Hausa/fulani kill their kith and kin, and they say it's Igbo that are killed. I bet if the Igbo decide to launch a full scale "war" against the hausa/fulani in order to avenge the death of fallen Igbos in the north, thesame southerners whose sons and daughters were killed in the north would cower and join the hausa/fulani to fight against Ndigbo (this was the exact scenario in 1966) angry

COWARDICE IS A DISEASE! IT WAS A DISEASE IN THE YEARS 1967-1970 AND IT'S STILL A DISEASE THAT STILL STINKS IN THE SOUTHERN NIGERIA OF 2011

LOL ibo people love the word cowardice I dont think any CIVILIANS Joined and anyone to kill ibo. Ibo died of starvation not of fighting. You cannot recall and situation in the SW were as ibo were lynched or hunted down by SW people you cannot even name one city it didnt happen in Lagos, Ibadan or Akure Abeokuta.

I only feel for the CORPERS WERE POSTED IN THE NORTH. any southerner who decides to live in the North is a FOOL.

Infact when yoruba or any southerners dies in north during crisis i dont feel any emotion (I can even careless) UNLESS its like the CORPERS WHO HAD NO CHOICE!
Re: List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc by hollandis(f): 1:54am On Apr 30, 2011
Sbeez8-May your family be lynched and may maggotr feed on their dead bodies.As for you may God punish you and may you die a shameful,miserable and painful death-
Re: List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc by CrudeOil2(m): 2:08am On Apr 30, 2011
hollandis:

Sbeez8-May your family be lynched and may maggotr feed on their dead bodies.As for you may God punish you and may you die a shameful,miserable and painful death-

Otu Ocha!
Re: List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc by sbeezy8: 2:11am On Apr 30, 2011
@hollllandis. Back to sender. It can never happen to my family we don't breed any fools that live in the north after crisis upon crisis. Ode we don't go where we are not welcomed fool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Food Served At Adamawa NYSC Orientation Camp (Watery Beans) / Borno Corps Members Withdraw Relocation Applications Over Good Camp Conditions / Students Attack Corpers With Cutlass In Abia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.