Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,711 members, 7,805,930 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:34 AM

I "Hate" My Parents - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I "Hate" My Parents (14093 Views)

My Parents Divorce Left My Life In Shambles / How Third Parties Involvement Ruin My Parents Marriage / I'm Beginning To Hate My Mom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I "Hate" My Parents by SweetnSour(f): 5:56pm On Feb 09, 2006
wowwwwwww Hate is a very strong word to use. They r ur parents regardless of what they do to you, I think u should try to work things out with them. Listen to what they have to say n be listened to. U need to spend quality time with them, find out what makes them upset , so u can avoid it, and they'll do the same .... U have got to love family. U should be willing to do whatever it takes to establish a good relationship with them.
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by ijebuman(m): 5:57pm On Feb 09, 2006
I'm sure there are two sides to this story and i'm sure your parents will have a lot to say (if they had the chance) wink
All i'll add to the great advice you've got so far is to cherish them while they are here. My old man died two years ago and i'm still pissed off with him (cause i miss him so much) and yes we used to fight a lot...
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by Kokscity(m): 6:02pm On Feb 09, 2006
Yo Timmy

What the Hell are you doing in your Parents house @ 26 anyways? That is where the problem is from.
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by Balogun(m): 6:17pm On Feb 09, 2006
Kokscity has hit the nail on the head. Timmy you are 26. What the f... are you doing still at home. At your age I had been qualified for over 2 years as a doctor, bought my own place and had my first child. Your dad wants you to move out to give him space with his wife. Get the hell out of their life and get your own life. If any of my children stay past their welcome time, I will let them know in no uncertain term. Grow up
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by timmy(m): 6:28pm On Feb 09, 2006
is there an exact age you have to get out.? well im the strongest (more like the only grown up kid in the house) i do all the man stuff, shout at trespassers, help with the ironing of cloths, fixing light wen nepa messes up, get to drive the whole family round all day..
but since i started working it all stop, i started duin my own things all alone, leave early, get home late, pay my bills.. and more

they didnt even support me when i was going solo, old man didnt believe i could do it, but shame to him now,,, i getting the onions right tongue
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by Kokscity(m): 6:33pm On Feb 09, 2006
Balogun

Abeg help me ask am?

@Timmy

Go and Join the army in Kaduna or something. Just get the Bleep out of their home. You claim you are a man abi? Then act like one. Lift your skirt, grab your balls and make a decision to get your own damn place. Stop crying 4 attention. Do what you got to do. Stop being a wimp. Abi you don reach to put woman belle? OK carry your load comot them house and i guarantee you the insults from your folks will stop.

1 Like

Re: I "Hate" My Parents by Kokscity(m): 6:36pm On Feb 09, 2006
Timmy

Where in Nigeria r u? Location?You are starting to worry me! Damn bro listen to yourself talk! The age to get out of your parents house? "I do not know". BUT I KNOW THAT A 26 YEAR OLD MAN NEEDS HIS OWN DAMN PLACE.

1 Like

Re: I "Hate" My Parents by ijebuman(m): 6:37pm On Feb 09, 2006
Balogun:

Kokscity has hit the nail on the head. Timmy you are 26. What the f... are you doing still at home. At your age I had been qualified for over 2 years as a doctor, bought my own place and had my first child. Your dad wants you to move out to give him space with his wife. Get the hell out of their life and get your own life. If any of my children stay past their welcome time, I will let them know in no uncertain term. Grow up
@Balogun you're in the UK, you probably got a mortgage to buy your own place. The guy lives in Nigeria, its not that easy to get a place of your own. You think its easy to save 2 years rent to give to some greedy landlord.

2 Likes

Re: I "Hate" My Parents by spikedcylinder: 6:38pm On Feb 09, 2006
Give the guy a break!Do you know what JAMB does to people?He might not have even finished Uni.

1 Like

Re: I "Hate" My Parents by Kokscity(m): 6:39pm On Feb 09, 2006
@Ijebu

Then the guy should just suck it up and deal with those that are "PROVIDING" him shelter. I think he is acting like a little girl. Arnold Schwazzenegger would call him a "Girlie Man".
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by timmy(m): 6:42pm On Feb 09, 2006
man i dont get you, you just dey beef me or what?
@spiky, just feel you should know am a grad. wink

im an enterprenurer, i pay 120,000 for my office evry year, i pay 32,000 to my three staff, i pay fee (recharge card and the like), fuel , i have two girlfriends.. and im a fucking webdesigner... au on earth would i afford a comfotable home, when i have a whole room to my self and i don't need to pay extras, ofcourse i wouldt stay forever, but the exact time hasnt come yet. trust me i know what im saying..
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by Kokscity(m): 6:43pm On Feb 09, 2006
Spike

We all did Jamb, we all went thru University strike, I know it is not easy. Hell it is not easy here in the west either. But i have to take the dude on face value. He cannot be beefing with his folks while he is under their roof, and says he "hates them". Hey if he doesn't like it, move the Bleep out Period.

Kokscity is a true capitalist.
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by ijebuman(m): 6:44pm On Feb 09, 2006
@kokscity
ha ha Arnie has been pretty quiet of late, haven't heard any of his comments, i hope he is not turning into a 'liberal' grin
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by ijebuman(m): 6:45pm On Feb 09, 2006
timmy:

i have two girlfriends..
and you can't afford a place of your own, no surprise there smiley
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by timmy(m): 6:47pm On Feb 09, 2006
grin grin
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by timmy(m): 6:48pm On Feb 09, 2006
heheh grin
man this kok guy, u getting me hot, dont come screeming at my as$ like dat, when you dont even know au i feel
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by Kokscity(m): 6:50pm On Feb 09, 2006
@Timmy

Bro i think you have you priorities upside down. You get a place first b4 the "Two Girlfriends".If you think we are lost or have forgotten how things are, i think you are mistaken. Don't come here crying like a B**CH and expect mercy from me. Last year i had only one day off and worked 364 days straight.I worked Holidays,Christmas, easter and all. You do what you got to do to survive. Do not come and cry like a baby, only to find out you are 26 with two girlfriends.

Kokscity has concluded that "Timmy is a misguided in his ways, and needs to see a shrink".
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by Kokscity(m): 6:52pm On Feb 09, 2006
@Topic

I am done here folks. Timmy is mad @ himself not his parents. He is a Fraud. Enough said!

Kokscity is signing off this topic for now.
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by mochafella(m): 6:53pm On Feb 09, 2006
ijebuman:

@kokscity
ha ha Arnie has been pretty quiet of late, haven't heard any of his comments, i hope he is not turning into a 'liberal' grin

Arnie got his ass handed to him in the ballot initiatives vote(referendum) we had in Cali last year. All the 4 policies he was pushing failed. He's been very quiet since. But then he had an accident on his bike recently, he was driving without a license. grin
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by ijebuman(m): 6:55pm On Feb 09, 2006
mochafella:

Arnie got his ass handed to him in the ballot initiatives vote(referendum) we had in Cali last year. All the 4 policies he was pushing failed. He's been very quiet since. But then he had an accident on his bike recently, he was driving without a license. grin
oh well i'm sure 'he'll be back' wink
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by monie0078(f): 6:56pm On Feb 09, 2006
I have to agree with Odeku... I only get along with my parents now 'cause I'm far away from them and we hardly see each other. When I was at home growing up, I had so many issues with them that I contemplated running away tons of times... I would wonder why they (my parents) weren't like other parents, and why they treated me the way they did. When they'd get mad at me, they'd call me every name in the book, and I wouldn't dare talk back because I'd get whipped... I don't know... When I came here, for the first year, I stayed COMPLETELY off the radar. I hardly communicated with anyone, and wouldn't return phone calls... My sister's here as well, and I would avoid her for as long as I could... It wasn't like I was trying to cut them out of my life or anything, I just wanted some time to prove myself to them... right my wrongs, so that when I did speak to them again, they'd have nothing negative to complain about. It's weird. When I finally did start speaking to them again, it was amazing how different things were. They spoke to me like I was an 'adult', and conversation flowed easily. It was awesome... till I went home on vacation. The minute I stepped into the house, it was like someone hit 'REWIND' on a 'Time Machine', because EVERYTHING reverted back to the way they were before I left. We started to argue about inconsequential rubbish, and I actually remember my dad telling me (at 25 years old), that if I was not home at 7PM, I shouldn't bother to come back at all... Bear in mind all I was trying to do was go next door to my neighbor's house. It was one of the most surreal times of my life... I couldn't believe what was happening.

Finally, I came back, and the minute I got home and called them to tell them I'd arrived, we were all 'lovey dovey' again... weird, huh? My mom came to stay with me for a while last summer, and for the ENTIRE time she was at my house, we argued about everything from not using the proper 'igbako' to dish out rice, to how many times in a week I do laundry... As much as I love my mom, I could NOT wait for her to leave. It was amazing. Now she's back home, and everythings all perfect again... I talked to her last night for about an hour, and not one time did we disagree about anything!

So Timmy, it's weird.. Parents are an enigma. I'm sure they see us children the same way, but I cannot, for the life of me understand they're reasoning sometimes... Just do your thing.. try to stay calm, and hopefully, you'll be getting a cool job and moving out soon... right? Keep your head up, and feel free to vent anytime you want... smiley
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by charlisco(m): 6:58pm On Feb 09, 2006
Mine is not a different case. right from when i am in primary school my father especially just focus on education alone, anything apart from that is nothing to do with, in my secondary school days i have to used one uniform through out not until i was in ss3 when i made some money to buy some new clothes.
How i dealt with the situation? I try to live my life in a moral style without depending on my parent becos he might be a bunch of 4cup if i tend to rely on him.

apply that principal it help me i am sure it will help u

1 Like

Re: I "Hate" My Parents by mochafella(m): 7:01pm On Feb 09, 2006
ijebuman:

oh well i'm sure 'he'll be back' wink
grin grin grin grin grin
most definitely, I beleive he'll be running for re-election
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by lexyflexy(m): 7:06pm On Feb 09, 2006
hmmmm.....sad really..... seems myself and the poster are almost on same grounds, but I only have beefs with my dad.....

the guy dey Bleep up well well.....
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by Babybee(f): 7:10pm On Feb 09, 2006
I'll tell u wat, no matter wat they do to u, u shuld not use the word hate.I'm sure if we ask them, they'll have something to say as well.Always remember that u did not just drop from heaven or wherever, neither did u grow up urself.So the word hate shuld not come out of ur m***h..And try to grow up a bit,i mean at 26 u shuld be planning to leave ur parent's house,at least a lil bit of distance will gain u some respect,what do u think? another thing is that u shuld set ur priorities rite. Do u know wat i mean?
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by lexyflexy(m): 7:17pm On Feb 09, 2006
yes.very true..... they own you..... how about dislike?
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by icingbaby(f): 7:29pm On Feb 09, 2006
i don't hate my dad but i can't stand him, he have hurt me a lot and he don't even notice it.  we both don't get along, but as for my mom love her to death.
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by lexyflexy(m): 8:36pm On Feb 09, 2006
my dad does same........but I don't allow it get to my head, cos if it does..... I will surely kick his ass someday.........
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by gentleaura(m): 8:44pm On Feb 09, 2006
I think you need to check with yourself as well and see what way you could please/change them, there shld be a way you guys will love eachother
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by walemuse(m): 8:51pm On Feb 09, 2006
guy,i must tell you that you have the best parent in the world.wateva friction u'v got with your parent are in your interest.i am sure they luv and dey wouldnt trade u 4 any other son in the world.
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by lexyflexy(m): 8:54pm On Feb 09, 2006
thanks...... I have sure worked on that.... but it sure does not count...........
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by nike4luv(f): 9:40pm On Feb 09, 2006
every teenager has experienced one or the other clashes, i have my clashes, but doesnt give me an excuse to hate them!

You just need a lil endurance, respect them, imagine if you were a daddy and how it will feel to think about your child saying he/she hates you

think about it, everyone have feelings.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Every Home Has That Smell Unique To It. What Smell Is Unique To Your Home? Pics / Single Guys, How Do You Reply To "How Family?" / The Best Legacy To Give Your Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.